Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 predictions for the ps3
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 74
lillitilli

• Total Posts : 1
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 00:40
The PS3 is on a worldwide launch in the begining of november 2006, i' ve got a very reliable source for that, SONY themselves.
< Message edited by lillitilli -- 15 Mar 06 16:41:17 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 00:57

Stupid!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 15 Mar 06 16:57:47 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 03:45
What am I like 14? I find it hard to believe it myself that you are anything older that 14...

Majik you are the one one this forum that seems to have an issue controlling his speech, profantiy and seemingly stressed over what people choose to believe... Remember initially (probably not) that i said worldwide launch or staggered but close together (like 360 - you know the system where your loyalities would appear to lay)

I think there is a reasonable chance of a worldwide launch... or staggered but all out by x-mas...

Besides I don' t recall saying this year would be 6 million units and implying 2006, never once did i say calander or financial year, so dude... hush.

I personally believe that dispite your obvious god-like knowledge of the video game industry and all associated with it (read this as sarcasm, before getting too big headded). SCE know, if it is humanly possible, a little bit more than you.

Go back to your games study course that you brag about so much, it makes you no better than anyone else on this forum, when you are one of the devs we hear about making stellar games or someone like ken katarugi, then come back and tell people they don' t know what they are talking about... Someone might believe you.
Nitro

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 04:45
Ha, well it' s hard to believe you' re 23. You just sound like a dumb kid.

I dont think sony lied so much....

Everybody else does.

I reckon they are still on target for a worldwide launch by christmas

Ok, so you never implied that you thought they would be able to launch by Christmas?! Dumbass!

They were NEVER aiming for a Christmas 2006 launch, at any point, whatsoever! They promised a Spring 2006 launch over and over and over again, then fucked themselves and now have to delay it.

You don' t have to listen to anything i say. Others know what they' re talking about too...

I agree with majik...this worldwide anouncement is just another lie as " we will keep spring 2006 launch" said by Kutaragi so many times. They talk about worldwide launch so that American and European ps3 fans won´t get too mad but mainly they are worried about those people that aren´t fanboys , people who buy either system as long it´s available at the time they want to buy.

Im guessing its another Sony lie!

What you INITIALLY said was...

Holy Playstation information Batman!

Followed by...

Sony Confirms worldwide PS3 launch in early november with 1 million units to ship every month (making 6 million by the end of the year.

So yeah i guess you DID say that afterall.

I personally believe that dispite your obvious god-like knowledge of the video game industry and all associated with it

Well since pretty much everything i do, and have done for the past 2 years is about games, i would like to think i know more than some punk who gets his news from IGN!

BTW, is your website down?!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 07:13
Saying ps3 will have a online mode that is free.compared to xbox live and making all games being dev with a HDD in mind was pretty good strategy,that make the consumer think its okay for the delay.
However something tells me it wont come to europe or in any standard number this year.
Japan will go first,then USA,seeing how they losing USA to 360.
Nitro

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 07:31
Well Xbox Live Silver is free, ...Sony haven' t specified shit and are just playing word games.

They' ve said the " basic" service will be free, so yeah you' ll probably be able to download demos and stuff for free, but for additional game content and online play, they will charge for that.

All they' re doing is choosing their words carefully and trying to make people jump to the wrong conclusions.

They' d be better off coming out and saying...

" Ok, PS3 won' t be available outside Japan until 2007 and even then there may be supply problems" '

" The backwards compatability is still under construction and we don' t know how well it will actually work"

" We' re going to charge you as much as we can by sticking loads of stuff in the console that nobody but lifesytle buyers will want/use/need"

" We don' t HAVE to include a HDD but we are going to because then we can make you pay more"

" We are forcing developers to use Blu-Ray because Hollywood is on to us and we have a shitload of discs we can' t flog"

" Our sole interest is making money. We don' t care about the gamers and we' ll steal ideas if we have to"

" The console is NOT all we have made it out to be but it still makes toast"

" We' re scared of Nintendo"

If they said all that, ...then i' d respect them. Like i said, the only good news i' ve heard is PSone games on PSP!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 15 Mar 06 23:33:56 >
QuezcatoL

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 07:38
Well,tbh i look forward to the time NR/ps3 is out and the real competetion start once again :)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 09:24

Well Xbox Live Silver is free, ...Sony haven' t specified shit and are just playing word games.

They' ve said the " basic" service will be free, so yeah you' ll probably be able to download demos and stuff for free, but for additional game content and online play, they will charge for that.

You think they' ll be THAT generous?

I' d imagine that the basic service will only consist of a Sony online logo followed by a splash screen listing all the cool stuff you' d be able to do if you had the Premium service
uumai

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 14:26

Besides I don' t recall saying this year would be 6 million units and implying 2006, never once did I say calander or financial year, so dude... hush.

Followed by...

quote:

Sony Confirms worldwide PS3 launch in early november with 1 million units to ship every month (making 6 million by the end of the year.

So yeah i guess you DID say that afterall.

Ignorant or something? maybe you just didn' t read it all carefully. I said initially I think the PS3 will be out by christmas everywhere, not that (and i' ve added bold to help you see the point) there would be 6 MILLION units worldwide this CALANDER year. Infact as I said, I DIDN' T specify

" Dumb kid" , heh... Did you put a lot of thought into that?

They were NEVER aiming for a Christmas 2006 launch, at any point, whatsoever!
- Well, they are now... Get over it.

Also, 2 years doing basically nothing but games, well, good for you. I can' t be bothered with you anymore ... Come christmas, we will know who was truely right and incredibly wrong, wont we? And whether it is you, or me... I know which I would rather hope for.

As for my site, not that it is any of your concern, I removed it as i was bored of having a website.

< Message edited by uumai -- 16 Mar 06 7:08:20 >
Nitro

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 19:31
And just where did i say you did say there would be 6 million unit available by the end of the year?!

What you implied was that the US would have PS3 by Christmas, if not Europe also. You said WORLDWIDE launch in NOVEMBER, and correct me if i' m mistaken, but you didn' t mean NEXT November.

Also, 2 years doing basically nothing but games, well, good for you.

I' m glad you share my sentiments...

As for my site, not that it is any of your concern, I removed it as i was bored of having a website.

Actually i was going to ask whether it was an outlet for you artwork and commend you on the stuff you have on deviantART, that' s all.
uumai

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 16, 2006 21:28
To be honest,I don' t draw much these days... I get bored of it too easy (with games these days too which is why i' m hoping a lot for revolution)

I do have a friend who is very very good, i believe he is starting work for a game company sometime this year... though he had tried at some animation studios.

He was trying at the place that was doing heavenly sword for ps3, but i don' t kno how that went.
QuezcatoL

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 17, 2006 00:08
" According to Sony Computer Entertainment President, Ken Kutaragi, the PlayStation Network Platform will offer a basic set of services at no charge, much like Xbox Live Silver. However, the main difference between the two services is the fact that PlayStation 3 owners will be able to play games online via the basic service featured in PSNP. Xbox 360 owners have to upgrade to the Xbox Live Gold pay service in order to play games online."
Nitro

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 17, 2006 01:20
Well while the free service will support a host of communication and community features, including; voice and video chat, messaging, unique user IDs and handles, and matchmaking, ranking and data upload and download service for games, and allow users to play games online. What it doesn' t specify is what games you will be able to play online.

Not necessarily PS3 games proper, but possibly Xbox Live Arcade style games that you can play online for free. Don' t get me wrong, if it' s going to be a free online service where you can play PS3 games online, that' s fantastic, but they haven' t said that, it' s just being assumed.

The thing about Sony' s online service is that they are handing off significantly more control to game publishers who will be able to run their own game servers as they see fit. So because it' s not going to be Sony running the online game servers, the publishers can still charge people, which will certainly be the case for MMOG' s if not most big games.

Think about it.

QuezcatoL

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 17, 2006 03:31
Seeing is beliving,i choose to belive when the ps3 is out in europe in novemember and it has a HDD+great online support,i chose not to belive in that until its novemember,and then i know :P
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 17, 2006 07:11
PS3 Prediction: Delayed yet again....mwahahahhahaa!!

Stupid copyright laws and newer technology.
QuezcatoL

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 17, 2006 08:33
Its not like if it got delayed to 2007 feb for ex,that it would make all the people who waited gonna say,ah now im goin NR or XBOX360.
They can do whatever they want now,however if they delay it more then novmember they are assholes to their consumers,which i hope they arnt.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 17, 2006 22:31
shit!!!!!!!!!!

havne' t been able to get on here for a few days, everytime I tried getting on the site it wouldn' t load.

anyway, I need to ask a single question.

I' ve been reading the forum here and noticed that as soon as sony finally made a concrete announccement on the ps3 a lot of people here went from being civil to getting really upset, and I' m just wondering why that is. Did the news make you mad as you somehow hoped ps3 would never come out and leave japan all alone for nintendo, or is it something else?

As soon as the announced blu-ray for may I was on here saying that we can look forward to a november christmas time launch, and I do have to agree with majik, they mean fiscal year, so I' m not even looking forward to having a ps3 available here in canada probably til sometime in the new year, u.k however I think you are fucked for seeing a ps3 for quite a while longer.

Sony has done nothing but let us know how good they are at lieing to us, for christ sake, right up to wed news they continued telling us that they were still on track for a spring launch and they continued to lie.

I am going out now to go and buy a 360, and when it comes out I will go and get a rev and fuck the ps3!!!!!! Doesn' t anyone else feel pissed off at how long and how much sony has been treating the gamer like a fool?? SONY, DON' T INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE ANYMORE!!!! TRY HONESTY FOR ONCE!!! ONLY GOOD THING YOU' VE DONE WITH THIS LYING IS GIVE JAPAN TO NINTENDO, AND NORTH AMERICA TO THE 360!!!

I WILL CLOSE OUT BY SAYING
FUCK SONY FOR INSULTING GAMERS AROUND THE WORLD' S INTELLIGENCE WITH YOUR LYING AND DECEIT, I HOPE YOU ARE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 04:57
Sony' s news had no effect on me simply because I took a WAIT & SEE approach to it all ... I mean, I do agree that it' s kind of dumb to deny all of the " delay" rumors and say that you' re still on track for a Spring launch when you don' t even have a PS3 power cord done yet, let alone the actual PS3 hardware...

QuezcatoL

RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 05:08
Heh,for ex GS editors said being a realist is saying it wont never come out in spring,mayby in fall but never in spring.
I mean these kind of attitue is from everyone,doesnt sony know it already?
That people think they lie and misslead the people all the time?
Im not clashing on psx or ps2,both was great systems that i recommend,but their leading managers and pr people is so full of shit.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: predictions for the ps3 - Mar 18, 2006 05:11
so you mean... all my games wont run at 120fps!?

< Message edited by silentbomber -- 17 Mar 06 21:11:48 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 74

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread