Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 13, 2006 22:55
I dont think this game needs any blood. Mercenaries diddnt have any blood and that was a good game.

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 13, 2006 23:29
...i believe that it can only add to gameplay...

....it just feels... ..so..

...satisfying... ... to blow some one' s head off with a shotgun.. ..you know?...

...don' t tell me you didn' t like doing that in Resi 4....

...and what about the endless moans from Europe over Ninja Gaiden' s original decapitation free release??.....

....Black' s sales WILL suffer because of this...
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 14, 2006 02:28
I' d imagine the lack of blood is just due to this being the demo, so it doesn' t need to be submitted for an age rating. Considering the effort they' re putting into realising the guns and their effects, this is one time where I think blood is important. But if it' s sanitised, it' s no big loss as long as it plays alright.

It' s annoying when games sell just for containing gore... so ridiculous - but it' s a stage all boys (and some girls?!) go through.

It' s not an EA game, they' re only publishing - sure they own Criterion now, but still. And this whole EA bashing thing is getting old - sure on some levels they' re the devil (Need for Speed, Fifa Street), but they' re due respect in other areas (e.g. publishing We Love Katamari in the UK).

Oh, and ]Gangsta[ - FPP? (First Person Perspective?)
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 14, 2006 03:33
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/686/686935p1.aspx

Heres a podcast interview with one of the producers of BLACK. It should clear up why Criterion decided not to put multiplayer and blood into the game.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 14, 2006 05:38
I think it' s clear they want to get a T rating or anything below MAture Content to hit more consumers.
Bishonen

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 15, 2006 05:10
... Hogg.. ...i was listening to that when i when i was downloading those QUICKTIME gameplay clips...

..you know what?.. ..IT JUST DON' T WASH...

....just don' t wash dude...

....we don' t expect over-the top-gore... just R E A L I S M ...

..the dude was trying to make out like they were too cerebral a developer to bother with blood, but he was just totally CHATTING SH*T...

... WHEN YOU SHOOT SOME-ONE IN THE HEAD REPEATEDLY WITH A FAMMAS MACHINE-GUN THEY BLEED!!! YOU F*CKS!!! HOW SIMPLE IS THAT????

...he was just trying to cover up the fact that they wanted to release a piss poor watered down game your three year old brother could buy, as gangsta said...

...he didn' t even try to give a proper explanation.. ..all he did was exaggerate...

...the English have a suitable word for his ilk...

.... wanker.. ...i believe...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 15, 2006 06:58

...the English have a suitable word for his ilk...

.... wanker.. ...i believe...

That' s the one!
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 15, 2006 19:10
HEHEHEH :)

It' s EA right so why should they try harder? :)
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 15, 2006 19:26
What I don' t get is how just removing the gore makes it suitable for younger players... you' re still shooting people in the face with realistically modelled weapons. :s
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 15, 2006 20:03
yeah and if you don' t say cum or sperm you can have kids watch your movie - WTF? :)

Those ratings are so stupid.pointing a gun at somebody and smoking his ass without blood can make your kid think " wow those are not humans who walk the streets - they don' t even bleed...I suppose I could kill them all"

sure that' s a stupid thought but on those jerks level.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 16, 2006 02:06
Well i' ve not got to play it yet, and i' m not a big fan of the fps genre but i am looking forward to giving this game a spin. Honestly the lack of blood doesn' t bother me at all, why add more bits to the game that would probably slow the ps2 version down, it' s already impressive as it is. (Yeah i' m being dramatic, right?)

Besides i guess... At least they die... better they die than bleed, rather than bleed but don' t die. I too dislike EA and the buying of Criterion, and for me the burnout series was crap after 2 (then EA bought them) but hopefully EA didn' t have much/anything to do with Black.
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 16, 2006 06:50
After playing the demo I can tell you that EA had a lot to do with that game :)

I also didn' t like B3,B4 to much - when it comes to arcade racers I' m more of a Ridge Racer / Outrun 2 guy :)
Nitro

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 16, 2006 06:58
Ridge Racer? YUK!!

Ridge Racer Type 4 was utter genius but the games since then (other than the gorgeous and perfect PSP version) have been awful, culminating with the beautiful but still naff RR6!

The Burnout games are just fun. I didn' t like Takedown but adore Revenge (the clip recording/uploading feature that will be in the 360 version is gonna be cool). Some poeple see it the other way around but Revenge is almost a different game, and just better all round.

Outrun 2 is amazing and i can' t wait for the PSP version!
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 16, 2006 07:59
I' ve just finished playing through the first two levels of Black and I like it so far. The aiming/control mechanism could use a little more work, and no not everything is destructible. The story is interesting but it feels detached from the gameplay, so it' s basically just a run and gun. There is no jump or use button, that' s the kinda game it is. it looks good. One thing though which totally pisses me off is that enemies are so hard to kill. If you can get a headshot (half of ur health will go away trying to aim to the head) then instant death, otherwise u have to shoot them several, as in not 2-3 times, more like 5+ times so they can die. it' s weird in that perspective. you can put a silencer on the AK, hah! Game looks good though. the environments, the forest level (second level) is very well done.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 16, 2006 08:01
Didn' t like Burnout takedown or revenge, or any ride racer games i played, though i' d be hardpressed to tell you which ones they are.

Outrun 2 was good, but it was a million times better than the xbox version, but perhaps i didn' t give the console version long enough.

But then... I' m still waiting for a decent version of Daytona to come home... a nice arcade port of 1 and 2 would be great. 50player over live or ps hub.. even better

Killer: Let me guess... Xbox version right:
< Message edited by uumai -- 16 Feb 06 0:02:43 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 16, 2006 22:04

Outrun 2 was good, but it was a million times better than the xbox version, but perhaps i didn' t give the console version long enough.

It had amazing mission mode - I love this game :)

As for RR - I hate RR5 and haven' t played RR6 - but RRT4 and PSP version is just what I like.

I don' t care for the PSP version of Outrun 2 - this game shouldn' t land anywhere else but 360 with arcade perfect conversion at least - it' s just so beatiful :)
Bishonen

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 17, 2006 07:10

KiLLeRotherwise u have to shoot them several, as in not 2-3 times, more like 5+ times so they can die. it' s weird in that perspective.

...yeah I' ve seen that in clips.. it' s dumb if you ask me...

...it seems to totally destroy the sense of authenticity the makers would have you believe was so important to them...

...blasting a enemy around a room with a shotgun, point blank... ...finally the foe gets tired of being shot and decides to take a nice long nap..

...do you think Criterion will add the much needed red mist to the 360 version, along with new extras like multiplayer...?
Nitro

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 17, 2006 07:58

As for RR - I hate RR5 and haven' t played RR6 - but RRT4 and PSP version is just what I like.

Amen brother!

Although i HAVE played (and own) 6 and i hate it just as much as 5!!!
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 17, 2006 11:51
yeah uumai, the xbox version. My xbox is obviously modded.
yeah it' s weird, no blood. still, fix the damn killing thing. I mean I know they have kevlar and shit, but goddamn if they' re trying to make it more real, then make it so I won' t have to waste half of my AK clip on them, so they can die.

and there' s some enemies that carry only the shotgun you get, and they have a metal mask on, good luck killing them with an ak. U shoot them in the head (headshot) and they fall, and get back up. u need a full clip just for one guy, and about 2-3 shotgun shots.

visually it' s very impressive, I like the engine they used in burnout, and i like this too. when u reload, the background kinda bloors, giving the impression that your character is focusing on the gun, which is not blurred. the sounds are well done, the explosions are sick, they look really really good. anyway, gotta go, ciao
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message