Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Spring/Summer for 360!!!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 41
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 06, 2006 20:41
Rubbish! In September last year they said they had 1000 on screen, then at TGS they said it had doubled and were aiming for 5000.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 06, 2006 20:47
Okay :)
Thats just better for us.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 06, 2006 20:49

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Probably because they work on unreal 2007 for ps3.

It' s coming to the 360 as well.
SaFt

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 03:42
I dont really like the fakt that Prey have the same visual style as Doom 3 and Quake 4, both of those games were really bad and boring, hopefully it wont play in the same pace as Q4 and D3.

The rest of the games looks really cool and im especially looking forward to Blue Dragon (hopefully it will be out this year, anyone have any info on that?).

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighters seems like a great game, seems to have a great online feature.

I dont really care about Halo 3, Halo 2 wasn´t all that good. Hopefully the 3rd will be more like the first halo and concentrate more on the Singleplayer.

I would like to add Sonic The Hedgehog, it`s really great that it will be heading for the Xbox 360 and im looking forward to play it.
Nitro

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 03:56
Oh i wonder why it has the same visual style as Doom 3 and Quake 4, ...perhaps it' s got something to do with the fact that it uses tHE SAME F*CKING ENGINE!!!

Why are so many people so F*CKING retarded?!

Quake 4 was incredibly flawed but Doom 3 was great. Obviously it' s a matter of opinion but the only think that most people didn' t like about it was the spawning enemies. It was simply a showcase for the engine and did that job well.

As for Sonic, ...the past couple of Sonic games for console (Rush on DS was fantastic) so i don' t have high hopes!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 05:24
N3 may have 1 000 000 000 enemies in the training mission - it' s still not going to be a technical wonder.Just look at those gameplay movies in HD - so lame.

I hope it turns out those movies were from early version of the game - that guy made lumines and meteos and those titles are gameplay heaven :)

Oh i wonder why it has the same visual style as Doom 3 and Quake 4, ...perhaps it' s got something to do with the fact that it uses tHE SAME F*CKING ENGINE!!

Wow someone' s getting nasty hehe.

Did you know that Half-life was made on Quake engine? - it doesn' t look like it that' s for sure.

I Agree Doom 3 (Xbox version ) was a great moody game.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 6 Feb 06 21:33:26 >
Nitro

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 05:47
Half Life is obviously running on a highly modified Quake engine. I see what you' re saying but there are tell tale signs if you know what you' re loking for. Now, when the Blue-Shift expansion came out with the high-definition update, that made it look more different.

The Quake engine itself has been hugely successful. Quake 2 used a modified Quake engine and Quake used and even more modified version (no sh*t you say!), but tons of separate games (from id Software) used the Quake engine in some form.

The thing about the Doom 3 engine is that the bump-mapping, specular and texture filters look pretty much the same no matter how much you modify it. Quake 4 and Prey don' t use a hugely different engine to Doom 3, it hasn' t been changed as much as maybe it should have. Quake 4 was terrible, i expected more from Raven Software but i seems that they still make sub-standard games, ...Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy/Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Soldier of Fortune/2 being other acamples of thir half-assed work.

Will Enemy Territory: Quake Wars be any good?! Who knows, but i expect it to be UT2007' s biggest rival. I liked Doom 3 but id Software still need to up their game (no pun intended).

]GaNgStA[

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 06:02
Yeah the thing is you can modify any engine you have - just look at Mario KArt DS running on a modified Half-life 2 engine.

:)

I really don' t get it -how could they waste Quake franchise like that - Q1 was just unbelievable - the graphics design and all the weapons and everything , and then Q2 - WTF was that?

Then Q3 became the unrivaled online game (untill the competition grew up) and Q4 sucks like they say ....

WHY GOD DAMN IT?
:)

Maybe it' s because they gave that franchise to some fuckin loosers I don' t know - it' s such waste.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 6 Feb 06 22:03:45 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 06:14
God people can certainly ' Hype' things up..

A ' few' of them games look quite good..

Im not bothered about any console FPS (apart from forth coming Revolution ones ).. a waiste of my time console FPS are..

Dead Rising and NN looks good tho not sure they will last very long...

Might hang on to my 360 for abit until the Revolution is released and do a trade in for one.. So far 360 has unimpressed me to say the least.. If VF5 (DOA4 is not what i consider a proper fighting game imo) is released on 360 i' ll keep it, if not it' ll be traded in for a Revolution.
Nitro

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 08:02

).. a waiste of my time console FPS are..

Man, that' s so YODA!

Dude' s a legend!

I think Dead Rising will be huge. It looks gorgeous and the simple premise won' t hinder the gameplay. I only hope it' s long enough, i don' t want it to be another really short 6-8 hr game!

Do what you like with your 360. You subscribe to Xbox Live btw? Just thought i could show you the complaxities and depth of DoA4 and it' s re-configured fighting mechanics...
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 08:24

Just thought i could show you the complaxities and depth of DoA4 and it' s re-configured fighting mechanics...

The only complexities online DOA4 has, is when its LAGGIN..

Games been traded for Animal crossing DS anyway, inwhich ill be taking on a plane with me tomorrow.. be back next week, hopefully (if i can make the time) i can practice abit more Final Tuned Akira skills..

Later!

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 7 Feb 06 0:43:18 >
Nitro

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 07, 2006 08:46
;p
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 12 Feb 06 2:58:14 >
Nitro

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 12, 2006 11:29
A quick update (actually it' s an excuse to post some new hi-res screens...sue me!)

N3: Ninety Nine Nights

Burnout Revenge

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Fight Night Round 3 (which seems to have had more detail added since the demo...)

Tomb Raider: Legend

Prey

Test Drive Unlimited

]GaNgStA[

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 13, 2006 20:01
I love the improvement of Tomb Raider on 360 - if they make every game that way , then NEXT GEN is not obsolete anymore for me :)

(in 360 version Lara has a lot of polys and 24MB of textures)

Those chicks in Fight Night look terrible :) , but that' s EA so it' s understandable.
Nitro

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 14, 2006 02:42
Yeah i think the new Tomb Raider is going to be a blast! If they can get the game back to how it felt in Tomb Raider 1 and 2 but add better mechanics then i' ll be happy.

It' s not far off actually!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 14, 2006 05:52
see the video interview on ign - they say a lot of important things you' d like to hear

still seeing footage of lara fighting guys a lot on some levels makes me wonder is it really back to it' s roots - then again those moments could be a little distraction from the tomb Raiding and mabe it' s fun.

I have huge expectations.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 14, 2006 06:34
meh, i still have scarred relationships with lara. i remember tomb raider III running on my laggy computer, and then thinkin it would be better, getting it on ps1. those dang cliff hanging moves drove me nuts! and as for titles that excite me, Ghost Recon: AW definatly catches my eye, along with gears of war. and N3 now that i think about it, bears a striking resemblance to Mystic Heroes by Koei.
(http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/223880.asp - i can' t post pictures, my computer always spews up a " This Website is Generating a " 500" Error on the Server ASP Error occurred 2/13/2006 10:33:16 PM in Microsoft VBScript runtime
Error number: -2146828218 (0x800A0046)
File: /js/PGDUpload.asp, line 135
Permission denied"
yadda yadda yadda
any help anyone?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 14, 2006 07:17
Of those the only one that i wanted to play is tomb raider, looking forward to the return to roots idea... and hey it' s crystal dynamics, the legacy of kain guys.

N3... yeah but i dont think it looks impressive... though it' s the only other game on the console i wouldn' t mind playing...

I guess right now im looking for something more along the lines of a fully realised fahrenheit/indigo prophecy game,,, So currently Alan Wake is the only next gen game i' m really looking forward to.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 14, 2006 10:06
i dunno about u guys, but i think prey looks pretty impressive and it' ll sell really well, looks like a one of a kind game.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Incoming for 360... - Feb 15, 2006 05:03

for something more along the lines of a fully realised fahrenheit/indigo prophecy game

Just go and play Shenmue :)

Prey looks really nice (but it' s clearly not pushing X360 to more than 50% of its power or less)
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 41

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message