Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Drugs is Kijoma-san on??
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 02, 2006 03:38
Errr, he IS gonna be in MGS4, he' s in the concept art. And yes, he still looks like a girl!

Meryl, Vamp, Ocelot, Otacon are all in, and it looks like Big Boss (who was supposedly killed during ' Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake' , and who you played as in MGS3) is gonna make a return, along with maybe Fortune too.

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 02, 2006 07:44

Games can be art. Just dont expect Gears Of War to be put up beside The Mona Lisa. No matter how good it looks.

Gears of War will never be art - it' s made by people who ain' t no artists.Games like Okami , Viewtiful Joe , Zelda , Shenmue and so on - deliver artistic values to gamers.

Games that have high artistic values don' t appeal to many " gamers" .
Games that lack those values can be amazing games without them.

There' s nothing more artistic in games than the design/main concept - like katamari damacy for instance.

there you have it - that' s what I think :)
SaFt

• Total Posts : 38
RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 00:32
Word, that was some great lines GaNgStA.

I havent played Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, but i`ve read about it and as far as i can understand, the military have the remains of Big Boss, and thats why the incident on shadow moses appeared, because liquid wanted the remains of Big Boss.. But then again, this is MGS and whatever it is impossible/possible, could happen.. and wouldnt big boss be kind of old? since he was in his late 50`s or something like that when they used his DNA to create Liquid and Solid snake?

And as we all have seen, Snake looks really old in the Trailer of MGS 4 (maybe because of the Foxdie) but still.. if snake is that old then how old would Big Boss be?

Oh and one more thing, i`ve starred on that picture for some time now, and im not 100% sure, but isn`t Raiden holding a baby?
Nitro

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 00:55
Yeah, but then if they had his ' remains' they could just have cloned him again.

And yes Raiden is holding a baby. At the end of MGS2 you/he find/s out that his girlfriend is pregnant.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 Feb 06 16:56:19 >
SaFt

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 01:04
Oh.. I must have missed that, yeah they could have cloned him, but then it wouldnt be Big boss? Just another Liquid or Solid, oh well, time will tell
Nitro

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 01:18
No, both Liquid and Solid were engineered, they' re not direct clones.

It is possible that Big Boss survived, it' d be nice if it was actually him and he was older than Solid. The character art of him there shows him as being skinny, slim, ...whatever, so he could be fairly old. He could have even had his remains fitted into some sort of cyborg frame or whatever.

I' m hoping Liquid fucks up the Patroits plans through Ocelot and saves the day...

EDIT: What did everyone think of Snake Eater?
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 Feb 06 17:19:17 >
SaFt

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 01:34
Alright, yeah, you seem to know a lot more than i do behind all this. Yeah it would be neat with the Real Big Boss fighting Solid or something.. But i find it hard that they could keep the real one alive that long, and if they would`ve cloned him it have to be several years before even the Second MGS game, since a Clone doesnt just grow up in a day.. but by the pictures he seems really old, so it may very well be the real one.

But maybe there could be another survivor of the Les Enfantes Teribles project than just Solidus, that may look like the boss? Who knows? Would be a little lame though to repeate the same thing all over again

Brings me to the idea that it would be really cool if they did a Remake of the two first games, it would be really nice to meet Grey Fox before he became that Cyborg Ninja.

-SPOILER-

About Snake Eater, it was a great game, especially the ending, i really loved it. When he stands by the Boss` Grave and salutes or whatever it`s called.. Fantastic. Best ending yet in a MGS Game. Altough i like the first MGS the most, it had such a great feeling to it.
< Message edited by SaFt -- 2 Feb 06 17:52:51 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 04:50
In that picture Raiden is holding a clone of Big Boss!! He will now teach him the ways of the Raiden, and exact his revenge for them killing his pregnant wife!!

HaHaHa!!

Fantasy is F.U.N.!!

Anyway, it' ll be cool to see how the story pans out. They need to do like Shunmue II on the Xbox, and include a primer disc. For all of us who don' t know what the hell is going on in the Metal Gear world. I haven' t played a metal gear since..., well, Metal Gear! On the NES!! Funny, too, ' cause I have MGS 2: SOL (<-- Now THAT' S funny!) on PS2, AND MGS 2: Substance on the Xbox!
]GaNgStA[

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 07:09
I think that the conversation Otacon and Snake have in MGS4 trailer means the old guy is just Snake.

People wonder why is snake so old and otacon young as ever?
There were some theories about snakes faster aging caused by genetic engeneering

(you can clone somebody but he' s cell will be as old as the ones you used to clone him - that persons age will catch up quickly with the " donors" age)

Who knows - I know one thing for sure - RAIDEN SUCKS , I HATE this punk-ass BITCH.He ruined MGS2 for me (that and those silly plot twists at the end).

The TANKER part was off tha hook and then ...yeah ...Raiden

I do however apreciate the idea of showing Snake from different perspective.

Nitro

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 07:40
Yeah i think Raden was a terrible move. They set everything up (with the great trailers) and it looked like you' d be playing as Snake (the tanker mission was superb), ...THEN they make you play as bloody wussy Raiden! Urgh!

The Snake from the MGS4 trailer is definately Solid Snake and he and Otacon are still attempting to bring down the Patriots (aka..the La Li Lu Le Lo, aka..the Philosophers).

The Patriots are based on the secret and supposedly real New World Order (aka..the Illuminati). They control America and pick the Presidents etc...

Anyway, from the concept art we know Vamp, Meryl, Raiden, Ocelot, Otacon & Solid will definately be involved. It looks like Big Boss (not Boss), who' s supposed to be dead and who we played as in MGS3 will be back and it looks like Fortune survived too. The character who looks like Fortune could be Naomi Hunter who tried to kill Solid with FOXDIE near the end of MGS1, she got jailed but was rescued by an unknown party.

Solid, in the trailer and the concept art looks old but i think that could be something to do with FOXDIE, but Gangsta' s explanation makes sense.

The thing is, Liquid (Ocelots alternative personality due to him now having Liquids arm), Solid, Big Boss, Otacon, Fotrune, Vamp and Raiden all want the same thing, the end of the Patriots.

Ocelot as himself works with the Patriots. We don' t know for definate who Meryl or her father Colonel Campbell are working for. All the Colonel has managed so far is to get Metal Gear into the hands of the Patriots.

It certainly going to be very interesting to see what happens.
]GaNgStA[

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 07:53

Naomi Hunter who tried to kill Solid with FOXDIE near the end of MGS1, she got jailed but was rescued by an unknown party.

That chic was white wasn' t she?

:)
Nitro

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 08:04
Yeah, but the woman in the artwork is hooded. Probably Fortune though...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 09:20
I don' t care what Kojima-san calls it, i don' t care who else likes it, i considered metal gear solid to be a true piece of art, that' s my opinion, and i have no base to back it up. MGS3 Snake Eater was the most emotional wartime story i' ve ever been immersed into since Saving Private Ryan. the end with the Flowers on the Boss' grave, while snake was saluting was heartwrenching. which brings up a different point. as kojima is moving forward in time, to solid snakes future, who else would like to play a game surrouding the background info on The Boss in World War II. Will it happen? most likely not, but it would be cool.
Nitro

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 03, 2006 09:26
Nah, Boss' s character sucked!

The Snakes are better. Kojima and Shinkawa' s characters are mostly always great, but Boss and Raiden are awful.

I' d rather play as Ocelot than Boss.

Naked Snake (aka..Big Boss) and Solid Snake are who we should play as all the time!!!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 04, 2006 03:32

Abasoufiane if i understand well kojima , then even music and cinema today are not art because they are produced to make money, they are produced to attract a huge number of people, and so are games....

....what you have to understand, is that what is today considered to be mere entertainment and escapism, actually has it' s origins in art....

...what has happened, is that the concepts, ideals values and aesthetics of the artist have been replaced by capitalism....

...that' s why 90% of films, games and music are total, mind-numbingly meaningless crap..
]GaNgStA[

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 04, 2006 05:19

MGS3 Snake Eater was the most emotional wartime story i' ve ever been immersed into since Saving Private Ryan. the end with the Flowers on the Boss' grave

You should check TAE GUK GI - incredible war movie (the language doeasn' t get in the way - don' t use dubbing , go for the original audio)

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/taegukgi/

..that' s why 90% of films, games and music are total, mind-numbingly meaningless crap..

That' s not capitalism - it' s the people that are crap.They don' t see the need for perfection - great content sells very well if marketing is right so that should only encourage them.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 3 Feb 06 21:32:39 >
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 04, 2006 06:29
First of all, I think that MGS4 will focus on Snake' s search for a cure for FOXDIE in addition to the usual devastating nuclear weapon, scientist in distress, corps of super soldiers, etc. Reason being that when seen together, the picture of Naomi/Fortune in the poster shares more features with Dr.Hunter (similar eyes, lips, nose) than with Fortune. Also, the bit in the trailer where Snake injects himself with some sort of medicine after a coughing fit that looks like a heart attack. (Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge).

Second of all, as far-fetched as Kojima' s plots have been, I doubt Big Boss will be appearing with any semblance of life left in him. Instead, I think the burned and decayed Big Boss represents his continued influence on the world, even after his death, possibly through Liquid or Solid.

Third of all, Raiden' s a moron for taking his kid with him armed for what looks like a combat situation.
Nitro

RE: What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Feb 04, 2006 06:38
Heart attack? Nah, he' s suffering from both cellular degration and having been exposed to FOXDIE. Solidus Snake was the youngest of the 3 Snakes (genetic sons of Big Boss) and yet looked much older than either Solid or Liquid had because his cells were degrading.

I think that all of the characters in the concept art will actually be in the game. Bringing Big Boss back after having played him in MGS3 would be a pretty good move, but i don' t quite see how he can be alive (unless Solid didn' t actually kill him). Remember that Big Boss wants to end The Patriots rule too.

We don' t know who' s baby it is. Snake and Raiden agreed (at the end of MGS2) to rescue Olga' s kidnapped child.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message