Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Create your own game!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Create your own game! - Apr 19, 2006 06:52
Dont hire him Nintendo you should see what he has planned next.. a Revolution ' Masturbation' game.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 18 Apr 06 22:53:17 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Create your own game! - Apr 19, 2006 07:53

You guys can' t come up with ideas as good as these!

Oh yes they can, who can forget the ingenuity of Super Mario Strikers! a.k.a. Not Another Cheap Mario Sports Game (they couldn' t fit that title on the box)

Dont hire him Nintendo you should see what he has planned next.. a Revolution ' Masturbation' game

Well, that would draw them the teenage guy crowd that' s been avoiding Nintendo like the plague as of lately.

And if i could create my own game, i' d have to do something really offbeat, maybe a racing game for the PSP. Or on a more serious note, i' d take advantage of the lack of WWII shooters that have come out in the last week-and-a-half, and turn out another just to tick everyone off.
Paul J Beauchamp

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Create your own game! - Apr 19, 2006 08:37
I would make a American Revolutionary War Game for the 360. 20sec reload more thought less pull trigger and shoot.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Create your own game! - Apr 19, 2006 10:17

Well, that would draw them the teenage guy crowd that' s been avoiding Nintendo like the plague as of lately.

I would make a American Revolutionary War Game for the 360. 20sec reload more thought less pull trigger and shoot.

Haha! good ones!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Create your own game! - Apr 19, 2006 13:56
Mine' s not so much a game but a potentially interesting controller method for a PC FP-RPG (maybe like a free roam world with thousands of useful/non-useful items..) There' s a few bits to it...

Basically, normal movement would be the traditional WASD+mouse, but I thought it' d be cool to use the left and right buttons to directly control your left and right arms, in order to pick stuff up and use them. So, heh, bear with me...

- You' d click+hold a button to gain control of that arm, eg left click for left arm, and move the arm about with the mouse. The camera would then stop following mouse movements but move slightly with the arm movements instead.
- You' d move an arm over an object and release the button to pick it up.
- Then you could perform quick clicks of that/either ' hand' to use the item or shoot (although guns should be rare items!). You could potentially use both hands together/duel wield!
- Then click+hold to move the arm again to prepare to drop, and release the mouse button to drop the item.
- Alternatively push the mouse forward and release the button simultaneously to throw an item. How far depends on how fast you pushed the mouse forward before letting go.
- You' d press ' E' to access the inventory, then you' d store any items you were holding with the corresponding mouse button, or retrieve items with an empty hand button. Inventory space would represent your pockets etc so depending on what clothes you were wearing you' d be able to carry different amounts of stuff!

Fixed objects like levers/door handles would work slightly differently to feel a bit more natural...

- You' d click+hold to move your arm, but this time it' d automatically grab the lever/handle.
- Then while holding the mouse button you can move your arm and the lever/door (can be while walking).
- And then release the mouse button to let go.

And then there' s character movement...

- The mouse wheel would control walk speed - sneak, slow walk, fast walk, jog, sprint.
- Middle mouse button would zoom/' look harder' .
- Space would jump/climb depending on where you were.

Well, I' m never going to be in a position to make a game, so I might as well share! I think it would feel pretty intuitive. Any thoughts? I remember one game having the mouse wheel-speed adjustment idea in it, but I can' t remember which game it was...?

I suppose this could work with the revolution wand as well somehow, but I think it' d work better with a mouse.
--__________________________________________--

The game itself could be a free roam FP-RPG as I said (maybe based on Ghost in the Shell/Akira!), with thousands of items (implants?) and an interesting story based mission structure with several methods to avoid difficulties/achieve your goal.

Eg you and a buddy are trying to break into the side door to a building at night to steal some info on an enemy character. You' re friend is trying to pick the lock, when you spot a guard approaching. (You have no weapons, but the guard has a gun!) You can either go up and talk to him to distract him which would have its own conversation branches, or try and hide together until he passed. Either way would allow you to continue, whereas if he spots you trying to break in he' ll call security (but never forget you were there!). It won' t be ' game over' , but it' ll be extra difficult to near impossible to achieve your goal via the same method, and you may have to think of something else.

Phew!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Create your own game! - Apr 19, 2006 17:17
Very nice one choupolo. Id play it for certain!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Create your own game! - Apr 21, 2006 03:59
Thanks! The controls are a pretty simple idea really, so I' m surprised no-one has done it yet. Of course it' d be a rubbish game if the world wasn' t convincing enough/faithful to the source. Maybe it' s one of those things that is probably better left to the imagination, heh.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 20 Apr 06 20:00:22 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Create your own game! - Apr 21, 2006 05:03
I would make Halo 3 For the Sega Master System, and the get sued by Microsoft!

Think Mario meets Sonic meets Halo Meets Burnout, and your somewhere along the lines of it.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message