Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 4 of 47, messages 61 to 80 of 925
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 12, 2005 16:53
Just saw The Grudge. What a waste of time
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 12, 2005 17:44
I saw Boogeyman last night. I' d have to recommend everyone to stay as far away as possible. It has plenty of jump out of your seat scares, but it lacks in everything else. The only kind of cool thing was how the last scene took place. Other than that, I can' t say there was much else to like abou the movie.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 12, 2005 18:45

Just saw The Grudge. What a waste of time

I saw snippets of that movie the other day as it was the only " horror" film released last year that I was interested in. The parts I saw looked pretty UNinteresting, seemed like a movie that ' attempted' to screw with ones' head a little. Was the whole movie that dry??
Rikka

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 12, 2005 20:20
yes. There was nothing in the way of suprises, there were no twists, no mind games. Nothing of this movie stuck with me when it was over ( usually i relive/dream about " horror movies" for weeks after they are done, even bad ones) I might as well have not watched it.

I think it tried to play with the viewers mind, but everything was so blatantly obvious and overtly drawn out there was nothing.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 13, 2005 16:14
I had heard this movie was terd(the grudge that is). I even warned some people I know not to watch it. I watched the Bourne Supremacy. I' d seen it in the theatre, but it' s still great at home. I didn' t quite like it as much as the first, but it' s still quite good.
Rikka

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 13, 2005 20:40
Watched Garden State tonight. What a good movie
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 14, 2005 00:03
watched saw. don' t see saw....

....it' s actually a good story thrown in with really bad acting and shit.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 14, 2005 05:37
I SAY SEE THE MOVIE SAW. Like Evil Dead, El Mariachi and Clerks (sort of since this movie wasnt placed in an outragous setting all they had to do is mostly act natural neways) these movies may not have the greatest acting ever, but they are independent films which hold some type of appeal to them that you wont find in many big budget Hollywood flicks. Give the movie a go, good chance you' ll enjoy it.

I should sleep somday its now 7 am last time i posted i think it was 4 am...
mxpx182

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 14, 2005 09:42
Saw is actually one Movie I' ve been wanting to see.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 14, 2005 12:10
i guess i shouldn' t say don' t see it, just be prepared for some really bad acting.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 14, 2005 14:02
We rented the following:

Alien vs Predator -- it' s okay, nothing special

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow -- hmmmm, it was interesting

Collateral - not bad, but I' m sick of Tom Cruise -- Jamie Fox was the best thing about this movie

Invader Zim: Disc 5: Horrible - Excellent!!!!!! Just keeps getting better.

Purchased the following:

Shark Tail - funny, funny, funny (good voice acting)

Two Brothers - tear jerker (especially for my girls)

Tom and Jerry' s Blast Off to Mars - kids thought it was hilarious

Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 14, 2005 17:10
I' ve heard mixed reactions to saw.. I don' t know I might be convinced to watch that one..

I did also watch the Grudge recently.. the noises were kinda creepy but over all it sucked. ' mess with your mind' horror, I think not! Signs, the Ring, and Blair Witch Project are much better for that.. among others of course. There were a lot of things in the Grudge that just didn' t make sense.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 15, 2005 08:51
My recent re-/acquisitions include (mostly for my kids):

Troy
Scooby Doo 2
Shrek 2
Princess Diaries 2
Spiderman 2
Dumb and Dumberer
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 15, 2005 17:59
Saw Ocean' s 12 tonight. It wasn' t very good. Storyline made no real sense, there were far too many minor plot twists and I got the feeling the movie was somwhat up it' s own arse. A huge dissapointment.
mxpx182

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 16, 2005 06:35
Ok, I watched 2 movies last night. First one was harold and kumar go to white castle. Despite my own reservations about this, many people had told me that it' s quite good. Now the only decision I can come to is that my friends are idiots. There are some funny parts, especially the 2 scenes with Doogy Howser in them, but I mean come on, this is a movie that is just a collection of moments that could make up maybe a good 60 second commercial. Enough of that one, on to the next.

The next one we watched was Wimbledon. I absolutely loved this movie. I like pretty much anything with Paul Bettany, but hate anything with Kursten Dunst so I wasn' t sure going in. Paul wins. and Kursten isn' t nearly as annoying as I thought she' d be. The cinematography is awsome for this movie!!! I gotta say it was easily one of my favorite movies of the past 4 months.
Rikka

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 16, 2005 19:31
I just saw Wimbeldon as well, I loved it! What a great movie. The Rocky of tennis! And I love Rocky. Two thumbs way up.

Mxpx, Harold and Kumar was horrible! I had heard so many people say such good things about it, but I couldn' t even watch the whole thing. Though Doogie Hauser did rock.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 16, 2005 19:37
The White Castle wasnt really that great..maybe good for a quick laugh or too but when it comes to stoner flicks, Half-Baked and Super Troopers are my favorites.

BTW I just picked up the new Special Edition of Half-Baked, Saw, and a few foreign flicks.All good in there own right, not 10/10 but good stuff.

I also picked up Donnie Darko:directors cut for my Bro and The Notebook for Chickapoo...who insists I watch it but for som reason I' m just not interested. I have nothign against romance flicks but that ne just doesnt catch me.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 17 Feb 05 3:40:43 >
mxpx182

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 17, 2005 06:31
Mass X, I just watched the notebook with my wife on valentines day. We watched half of it anyways, we ummm got distracted. Ok, I fell asleep. Anyways, it was actually pretty good what I saw, and I do look forward to seeing the rest of it.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 17, 2005 07:42
Picked up the following DVD' s:

Scooby Doo (the first one)
Flight of the Navigator - this is one of my favorite Disney movies...
mxpx182

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 18, 2005 06:51
Man I loved flight of the navigator!!! You can get it on DVD??? I remember always being amazed when the ship changed from C form to B form. For some reason I always wanted to see what the B ship looked like.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 18 Feb 05 14:51:52 >
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 4 of 47, messages 61 to 80 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread