Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii Software Rant
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 69
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 26, 2007 21:22
If I know those corporate masterminds at Nintendo right, I' d say that they are deliberately holding back titles as long as they can make it look like the sales are great.
Keeping the stock holders satisfied is priority no 1.
Satisfied gamers is no 2.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 26 Jun 07 13:22:49 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 08:09
I don' t think they' re diliberatly holding back games. They' re busy making them, obviously they' re spacing them out. Why make competing products with themselves when you don' t have to?

It only seems like they' re holding them back because Nintendo is only one publisher/developer. The only solid hope for quality on Wii is from Nintendo, I can' t see any other developer dumping truck loads of money in developing a Wii title. Wii is certainly going to have some fun games, but don' t expect anything super impressive.

Looking at the other platforms, that' s where the publishers are taking the risks with the AAA titles.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 08:10

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Thats true for ALL companies not just gaming companies - to believe otherwise is foolish.
Lets not just make the assumption that NIntendo is the only one thats guilty of this now they have two successful consoles on the market.

And Agent i do think they are holding back games myself, but only because they supposedly can' t keep up with the demand for the Wii. Releasing AAA console selling titles when they can' t produce enough consoles is very bad for business. There definately waiting for things to die down or when they can produce enough consoles to meet demand, thats my theory anyway (Metroid and Galaxy were supposed to be released around launch weren' t they?).

BTW i bet you didn' t think the Wii would be as successful as it is now did you (tell the truth now). SO it is entirely possible that when you don' t think that developers will make AAA titles for Wii you could also be wrong about that aswell.. Anyway the way the Wii is going anything is possible.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 27 Jun 07 0:21:28 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 08:19

ORIGINAL: Terrak

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Thats true for ALL companies not just gaming companies - to believe otherwise is foolish.
Lets not just make the assumption that NIntendo is the only one thats guilty of this now they have two successful consoles on the market.

Nope, 3D Realms.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 10:49

BTW i bet you didn' t think the Wii would be as successful as it is now did you (tell the truth now ). SO it is entirely possible that when you don' t think that developers will make AAA titles for Wii you could also be wrong about that aswell. . Anyway the way the Wii is going anything is possible.

Not to be negative here, but you cant technically call it a success yet. For example, people might just stop buying wiis and they would never sell another, then they would have a total sell of less than 5 million which wouldnt be successful at all would it? Although this would never happen. How many consoles does a company have to sell overall to become labeled as successful?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 11:05
Oh lord, are we still discussing the sudden & magical flood of 3rd party support that Wii is going to get once it' s been on the market for more than a couple months?

Whoops. Guess I... um... messed up the date there or something. I was starting to think that the Wii has been out for 8 months with nothing to play but Zelda.

My bad.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 11:15
Mastachefbkw, don' t worry i' m not confusing success with victory.
Success of the Wii is relative. compared to the other consoles currently for sale the Wii is selling very well, & thats why i feel it is a success (so far). However the Wiis current success does not mean it has won the console war, not by any means.

BTW estimates of Wii sold WW have it hovering around the 8 million mark, not less the 5 million. Even Nintendo sales figures had sales of around 6 million in April i believe.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 11:17
Estimates are just that, we' ve been over this before. Quarterly announcements from Nintendo are the only things that hold real weight.

No doubt the sales are over 5 million, but unless one of us is on the inside we' re making a total shot in the dark with those numbers.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 13:57
Are there actually any game scoming out for the Wii that don' t have motion control?

There is no doubt that the Wii is selling otherwise there would be Wiis on shelves but there isn' t so that' s a mute point but to think that a console that si selling to more casual gamers then anyone else there is no reason for Nintendo to come out with any games other than fun mini-game type games. I don' t see any reason why you' d complain even if you went and bought it knowing that it was a party game console. Now if you think that third party support is going to drastically increase then you are mostly crazy. Now I can see some third party games coming out for the Wii but most of them are going to be party game type games and the biggest problem with that is they can' t go multi-platform very well so you are going to see games like Rival Swords throughout the rest of this generation.

But that' s just my humble opinion and we shall see if it comes true.
mastachefbkw

RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 14:03

Are there actually any game scoming out for the Wii that don' t have motion control?

Thats like asking if they' ll actually make a DS that doesnt require the touch screen
Torr

RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 14:07

Thats like asking if they' ll actually make a DS that doesnt require the touch screen

That was my point it would just be stupid not to have it motion controled.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 15:10
I never touched the touch screen for the 2nd Phoenix Wright game. Well I had to when I turned it on to get past the Nintendo " You agree not to sue us if you get sick" health screen.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 27 Jun 07 7:10:43 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 22:15

Again, I will refer back to Super Smash Bros Brawl. Mario Strikers Charged also makes very little use of motion control, but it still works and is fun to play. There' s also LOADS of great DS games that make little to no use of the touch screen at all (such as Mario Kart DS, Phoenix Wright and Tony Hawks American Sk8land).

But anyway, where, in any of my posts, did I say that I didn' t like using the controller? My words were, and I quote, " The Wii is getting quite a few great games this/next year- ie. Smash Bros Brawl and Metroid Prime. I' m just saying that the Wii needs more games like those." Get your facts straight next time.
< Message edited by Marink -- 27 Jun 07 14:17:20 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 27, 2007 23:23
About the Wii, I don' t think all games have to be motion controlled just because the possibility is there. A developer who doesn' t really see how motion control could make things easier could for example invest more time in the graphical side of things. Instead of trying to get some motion sensitivity in there, just because they feel that they have too. The fact that the Wii needs some more coding for certain graphical things made developers ignore that ( I think shaders is one of those things). So games wind up looking less good than they could otherwise. With the PS2 on the other hand, they were willing to go to great lengths to code some extra stuff or have workarounds. So they could compensate graphically for things not built into the hardware. Stuff the Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox had then.

But PS2-games didn' t look too good either in general in the beginning. So who knows, maybe the developers for Wii will get their act together as time goes?

Ok first who gives a damn who' s fault it is and I f***ing hate it I have to scroll over just to read the damn thing.

*loves ctrl-F11 in Opera*
< Message edited by ys -- 27 Jun 07 15:26:22 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 28, 2007 00:53
Marik i feel for you.. It' s funny people using any excuse to diss the Wii. But it' s potential is huge.

Im playing through Res 4 on Wii right now... a GC upade? so? still by far the best game with the best gameplay ive witnessed on a console Shooter this generation. Really wipes the floor with any of the generic pad-play shooters ive tried to play.

This early stage is simply experiment time for wii, I' ll wait till this time next year for consistant quality titles. (on par with the Res 4' s).

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 28, 2007 01:19
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 28, 2007 01:30

Marik i feel for you.. It' s funny people using any excuse to diss the Wii.

WTF are you on about???
mastachefbkw

RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 28, 2007 02:45

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge

[:' (] I was trying to eat a burrito when I saw this
Torr

RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 28, 2007 16:02

Marik i feel for you.. It' s funny people using any excuse to diss the Wii. But it' s potential is huge.

Ok I was not dissing the Wii I think the console does what it was meant to do but I can' t see myself buying one because I just don' t like many of the games and as I said I play it whenever I go over to my friends house who has one, but my point was that people need to start getting worked up over the bad ports which everyone knew was going to happen because of its radical interface.

Again, I will refer back to Super Smash Bros Brawl. Mario Strikers Charged also makes very little use of motion control, but it still works and is fun to play. There' s also LOADS of great DS games that make little to no use of the touch screen at all (such as Mario Kart DS, Phoenix Wright and Tony Hawks American Sk8land).

Ok first I was actually asking a question because I didn' t know there were any. But to think that a lot of the Wii games are going to have no motion control is silly because that is what significantly sets it apart from the other consoles.

But anyway, where, in any of my posts, did I say that I didn' t like using the controller? My words were, and I quote, " The Wii is getting quite a few great games this/next year- ie. Smash Bros Brawl and Metroid Prime. I' m just saying that the Wii needs more games like those." Get your facts straight next time.

When did I say in either of my posts that you didn' t like using the controller? What I am saying is that you shouldn' t expect many games that don' t use motion control and yes I agree that the Wii deserves more credit than it is getting and prolly more support but I doubt that many of the games third party companies will make will be not have bad tacked on motion control and one of the biggest problems is that lots of the third party developers are going multi-platform and the Wii cant stand up graphics wise so they have to have some selling point. But whatever I am not posting in this thread again because I am sick of it.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jun 28, 2007 16:20

Im playing through Res 4 on Wii right now... a GC upade? so? still by far the best game with the best gameplay ive witnessed on a console Shooter this generation. Really wipes the floor with any of the generic pad-play shooters ive tried to play.

This early stage is simply experiment time for wii, I' ll wait till this time next year for consistant quality titles. (on par with the Res 4' s).

Come on, the Wiimote isnt that good, I Spy that next gen, wii mote wil be a periphal to the next gen nitendo console!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 69

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message