Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 04:46
Yeah,more games that will be annonunced and made in a year or more,its not like the list we heard now is the finale forever.
This list we heard now is enough to buy a xbox360 but ofc 10th times more games will be made.
And " QUALITY GAMES" ofc.
Ofc this will happend to ps3 too,some people think that just those games been announced is the only ones coming now...jesus... :P
How much games did we heard about of xbox360 a year before launch?
Ps3 will mayby or probably have the best launch ever.
But let the time go and we will all se it.
Oh btw Blue dragon to xbox360 is also made by sakaguchi/nobuo :P the FF people yes,same as lost odyssey.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 06:09
What on earth makes you think PS3 will have the best launch ever?
QuezcatoL

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 08:48
Well...
They got many games already announced,1 year before launch,they will probably ad a lot more before some months before launch.
Im for xbox360,but i honestly belive ps3 will beat it.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 09:01
I favor the Xbox this gen and the Xbox360 big time, but even I' ll admit that in the next gen it wont pull ahead of PS3, however it will certainly come quite close this time around.

Sony' s system is still the fad among mainstream. And developers know tis so they know where the money will be made. Altho now that MS' is getting some attention the moods are shifting.

Im sure Sony and Nintendo are taking note on what to do and what not to do for their launches.
Vx Chemical

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 09:29
MMmmmm

I dont think Sony will win this time around, with luck they will get around, they will get half and ms will get half, with nintendo to take the scraps, and with Square support for the Xbox, sony is really loosing hold of some of their biggest supporters.

I have not really followed the PS3 launch lineup, but i do know some, there is Killzone 2, follow up to a less than average shooter, and MGS which some like and some dont.

I cant see any reason for people other than Japaneese gamers to buy the console. I might be MS biased, because i like the Xbox, and its games, and i severely dislike Japaneese RPG' s.

People swear off to Sony, but they that to Nintendo as well, when the europeans and the Americans patience run out, and they can get a Xbox360 for half the price of a Playstation, im sure most casual gamers, which still is the biggest market, will go buy the Sexy white box. If parents can get a console for their kids for half the price, and the same quality, they will want to save the money!
QuezcatoL

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 09:35
Well,xbox360 is overpriced in eruope,and even if they drop the price near ps3 release im sure those who waited long enough gonna go ps3 instead of a cheaper xbox360.
And im sure ps3 win this war too.
People say a lot of xbox360 titles come 2006,which is true,but at the same time NR+Ps3 release O_o
Vx Chemical

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 10:50
I cant see why your so hopeful the PS3 will even come out in 2006 in Europe and the US, i think its more likely to be 2007, atleast in Europe, MS has 37% of the market with Xbox, it wont take much to push it to that and past that. But we' ll see.
Mass X

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 11:15
I myself wont be getting a PS3, I just think that on a global basis the PS3 will probably win however it wont be by much.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 11:58

..... i like your list of games KiLLeR, it will be interesting to see how many of these utilise the full capabilities of 360, and how many of then look like PS2 games........

...we' ll see....

..also, i would not believe too much of the hype that games magazines (and others) like to promote (after all journalists need to earn their bucks too) .....and usually, only a minority turn out to be worth while....

...however, perhaps i have been overly pessimistic about 360.... just checked out Condemned and it looks HARDCORE .... innovate too....

....had a tough time finding anything else which looks as good (is PG3 anything new over PG2?) .....

....tell me though, how much better is Condemned, graphically, over Splinter Cell 3?
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 12:06
First of all, the 360 won' t be half-priced for at least another year and a half. By the time ps3 and/or Rev come out, maybe the price will have dropped by 1/4th the most, maybe even less than 1/4th. MS said that when PS3 came out, they wouldn' t lower the prices much, instead they plan to attack by having a lot of content and quality of games by that time. I don' t even know why the Japanese market is so important (not being racist here), it' s just a small country. I kno there are a lot of gamers out there, but man, come on, all they seem to like is RPG games and they have this thing of sticking with their products, and not western products. Only a small percentage of japanese gamers own an Xbox. I don' t get why would u waste ur time to convince someone to buy ur product, when that someone has already made up hi/her mind, without even caring for what the product could do. I don' t know if I' m getting my point accross here. They don' t like western stuff, they think their product is better and that' s it. I hate how the 360 over there is being sold with the HDD, there are no Core options.

If MS wants to expand in Japan, they have to consider expanding the backwards compatibility list, which is:
Crimson Sky: High Road to Revenge
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack
Jade Empire
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden Black
Tom Clancy Series Rainbow Six 3
The Simpsons Hit & Run

Also, if ppl think the PS3 is much much much more powerful than the 360, read this:

According to a 1up.com video post, Hideo Kojima has admitted that the Xbox 360 is capable of running the Metal Gear Solid 4 real-time demo. Despite the PlayStation 3 propaganda on display throughout the demo, Kojima’s comments reaffirm many gamers’ opinions that the two next-gen consoles aren’t separated by much in terms of sheer graphical power.

www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000883068264

Also, once Sony stops lying/hyping up their PS3, more ppl will actually be able to make a well informed decision on which console to get.
Bishonen

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 12:31
... maybe Japanese gamers don' t like games which simulate cars or basketball teams? or games about Vietnam or World War 2?? ....

..perhaps they stick to their products because they prefer imagination and craftsmanship?...

....it' s also likely that Microsoft plan to release Halo 3 during PS3' s launch.....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 16 Nov 05 20:38:18 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 13:03
Japaneese games arent all about imagination and craftmanship, there are just as many Euro and US games that does that. What the japs like, are animated cutscenes of high quality, long cutscenes, long dialogs which have or dont have relevence for the game. Where as Euro and US games mostly use InEngine cutscenes are scripted events.

You might think the War games are getting trivial, but how many are there exactly? i mean does the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games fill that much? Maybe there is a few more of those games from small developers.

plenty of new titles for the xbox sound interesting, maybe you should check up on thing before you start bashing.

check out:

Mass Effect
Too Human
Gears of War
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Quake Wars (looks interesting)

and there are plenty more than that.

Those are all new titles, and new IP, with the exception of Quake Wars. So MS and Sony stand equal in innovation and imagination in my eyes atleast.
Bishonen

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 14:39
.... i think you will find that the accepted general rule is that Japanese games (and developers) urinate from a great height over western ones.....

..praise should be bestowed upon those who buck this trend......praise the sacred whore also...

...i had fun playing the early Medal of Honour games on the PS1....

...and dude, i wasn' t bashing, just saying i was finding it difficult to find info on the better looking games (they all appear to be at an early stage of development).....
Vx Chemical

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 15:18
They are early in development, but the ideas are still written down. Sony hasnt really shown any games running on a PS3 except MGS4.

Okay so i dislike Sony :P i admit it.

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 19:16
I was sure to get Oblivion until they pushed it till next year (still getting it though) so now I' m getting PGR3 largely because I hate sport and platform games and don' t need a fps with games like Huxley, Halo 3 and possibly UT2007 coming.
KiLLeR

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 00:33
They are just stubborn and cocky and they love anime, cuz they don' t like the real world, and all their RPGs are kinda like watching anime, instead of actually playing a game.

Condemned does look pretty sick eh! I can' t wait for that game. Does it match up to Splinter Cell 3? I think it does. But they style is very different. Condemned is a much dirtier game, and SP3 isn' t, so ppl might make mistakes when comparing them. And don' t worry, you will see many other good looking games for the 360.

Halo 3 won' t come out in time for the ps3 launch, I highly doubt it. I think they know better to wait and finish up the game to make it the way they want it, without having to do any shortcuts or taking things out of the game, like Perfet Dark, where they cut down the multiplayer number from 50 ppl to 32. Bungie says they are currently working on a title whose identity they won' t reveal yet. Let' s hope it' s either Halo 3 or some other cool title.

I can' t wait to play Gears or War, man that game looks georgeous and interesting. I hope the multiplayer will be fun.

I also wanna see how Sony and Nintendo are gonna match up, surpass the 360. I' m pretty sure they have some aces up their sleeves.
Mass X

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 08:27
Hmm that reminds me I need to pick up Condemned today or tomarrow. The only thing that worries me about that game, is its length. Altho I wont get to play it til a week or so after the initial 360 release since I got thrown onto the second batch, which is good and bad news. Good because I wont have to wait til next year, bad becasue I still have to wait longer then I thought.

But dammit man I put quite a bit down on that already I think for the game, periphreals, and console I only have to put down a little less then $100. That and I reserved my 360 back in July.

Altho I am hoping for maybe a bit more of a slight delay since I made the employee there guerentee me only a week or so wait. If not then he owes me one of the 1st party games.
Bishonen

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 09:58
.......KiLLeR, i was asking how much of an GRAPHICAL improvement Condemned is over Splinter Cell 3 (if there is one at all)..........

... and have you ever thought about getting into anime and RPG' s just to hang out with more girls?....
KiLLeR

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 15:48
ahahaha, LoL, i watch anime, sometimes, but i don' t like to hang out with virtual girls. I don' t have any girl problems so I' m not interested.

What do u mean if there is one at all. Of course there is a graphical improvement dude, just the fact alone that the game is made for a more powerful machine should be enough evidence. But I guess we' ll only truly know until we actually get to play it.
Mass X

RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 15:59
Review says its very impressive very immersive. IGN gave it an 8.7. But like I thought, it will be on the short side due to lack of replay but whats there is top notch.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message