Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 45
KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
  • Reward points : 0
Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 14, 2005 18:56
This is the list of the games that will launch on the day the 360 launches:

Kameoâ„¢: Elements of Powerâ„¢ (Microsoft Game Studios)
Go on a journey full of magnificent exploration and innovative morph-into-monster action.

Perfect Dark Zeroâ„¢ (Microsoft Game Studios)
Plunge into a world of corporate espionage and conspiracy as perfect agent Joanna Dark.

Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Game Studios)
Life begins at 170 mph with the ultimate roster of the hottest supercars in existence.

Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
Experience the cinematic intensity and chaos of epic WWII battles in this Xbox 360 exclusive.

Need for Speedâ„¢ Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
Out-race rivals and evade coordinated police pursuits to become the most wanted street racer.

Peter Jackson' s King Kongâ„¢ (Ubisoft)
Battle for survival on Skull Island as Jack Driscoll and even play as the mighty Kong himself.

Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts)
Get ready for the most incredibly lifelike and best looking football experience ever created.

GUNâ„¢ (Activision)
Journey through the Wild West in an immersive story of betrayal, greed, and revenge.

Condemned: Criminal Originsâ„¢ (SEGA)
Pursue serial killers lurking on the periphery of humanity through squalid urban environments.

NBA 2K6 (2K Sports)
Create your own player and guide him through all of the facets of an elite NBA career.

Ridge Racerâ„¢ 6 (Namco)
With more than 130 cars and 30 courses play all-new online modes, plus downloadable content.

Tony Hawk' s American Wasteland (Activision)
Enjoy unlimited skating and BMX biking in the vast wasteland of Los Angeles with no load times.

QUAKEâ„¢ 4 (Activision)
Take the battle to the heart of the Strogg home planet as Earth' s only hope for victory.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 06 (Electronic Arts)
Battle through five classic periods of golf with Tiger Woods and legends like Palmer and Nicklaus.

Amped 3 (2K Sports)
Get ready for a fat helping of boarding culture and huge snowboxes loaded with killer gameplay.

FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cupâ„¢ (Electronic Arts)
With 72 teams and 1700 players, it' s a soccer lover' s dream as you advance to the World Cup.

NHL 2K6 (2K Sports)
Hockey is back, so strap on your skates and take your favorite team to the Stanley Cup finals.

NBA Live 06 (Electronic Arts)
Feel the emotion and intensity with freestyle superstars and more physical play.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 14, 2005 20:56
No Dead or Alive 3 or Elder Scrolls, two of the main games I was looking for.

Still, I' ll be picking up PGR3, PDZ and possibly Kameo.

For a launch line up thats not too bad. I remember the PS2 had many less than stellar titles at release. Can' t help but be a bit disappointed in the number of current gen ' spit and polish' jobs though. Need for Speed, King Kong, GUN, Tony Hawks, Tiger Woods, Fifa... the same as the current gen but better looking.

Apparently DOA4 will make it before Christmas. We' ll see but I' m snapping that up as soon as it' s out.

Now, all I need is a router for my PC and I can get online, thrash some people on Live.

KiLLeR
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 14, 2005 21:25
I need to get a job, currently unemployed, and then I' ll buy a 360 with PDZ, possibly Kameo, PGR3, NFSMW, Condemned and Quake 4. LoL, soo much money. After that I' m gonna lay off buying anything for a while, besides getting the live starter kit. Got the router already

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 14, 2005 23:32
Still seems like ill be getting

PDZ
Kameo
Condemned
PGR 3

Condemned should have been Oblivion
and PGR 3 should have been Dead or Alive

Boss Hogg
  • Total Posts : 299
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 04:49
Definetly getting PDZ & Call of Duty 2. after that I' ll wait for DOA4 and then in 2006 Gears of War.

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 06:16

.....utter pants.

..remember that word called quality?.....is it me or are Microsoft becoming the EA of consoles???...

...Xbox is already the place to be if you want shite after-the-fact PC first person shooters, and now 360 wants to go down on EA - The Masters of Idiotic Sports Simulations (TM) ....

...is it just me?... am i wrong to say; IF I WANTED A GODDAM PC I' D GO OUT AND BUY ONE!!!!

...... you call this dross next generation? ... how long will it be before REAL quality games start showing on a regular basis??........ The current Xbox has barely been able to string five GENUINELY GOOD games together after, what three years? ... and now, ooooooo, with HD and 2 floating tetra-flops, i get to see Tiger Woods even more boring and ugly than he is in real life....

.....but thats ok kids, because in 2008, after the third quality game is released for 360, you can sell it and all your games for an 8th of what you paid, because Xbox3 is coming out!!!

....i think J Allard must be Itagaki' s secret bitch, because without Team Ninja, i would of trashed my Xbox looooong ago.....

[rant over]
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

whatabout_paul
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 06:47
It cost me £800+ to get a state of the art gaming PC with all the bells and whistles. It' d cost you £270 to get a 360 that’s probably as powerful if not more so than my PC at the moment.

Launch titles usually aren' t revolutionary. I point you to the PS2 launch titles and remember the decidedly average reviews it' s games received.

Includes EA football game, EA Ice Hockey game and EA Snowboarding game as well as an EA action game I' ve never heard of called X-Squad.

In fact looking through that list there isn' t a single game I would have bought the console for. Indeed I waited till GTA 3 was out to get my PS2. Even the XBox managed to come with Halo and DoA 3 so that made me interested even if I did wait a year to get one myself.

360 already has 5 games I want and can get near launch with more in the future. If you don' t like them that’s your view point but it' s not an utter pants launch by any stretch.

Bishonen
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 08:01
.....maybe...... (although DOA 2 was one of the PS2 launch games)....

...what I' m doing is speculating what the 360 will be, in-light of how the current Xbox has turned out, which in my opinion has been (apart from the efforts of 2 God-like developers) A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.... maybe I' m bitter because i chose an xbox over a PS2, because i looked at the stats and saw a much more powerful machine, then watched agape as all this computing power was NEVER FULLY HARNESSED, and witnessed the PS2 & GC match the power of the Xbox more and more frequently..... scratched my head over the 200 playstation 1 quality first person shooters released..... and cried when games like Resident evil 4 and Metal Gear 3 were not released.......

....as far as PC' s go, surely you could buy a basic get up for £200 - £300 and upgrade it' s components every year or two?......

..tell me, are you happy with the amount of High Quality Xbox games released so far?, how many Bungie and Team Ninja quality games do you expect to be released on the 360 in the next year or so? .... not enough time for a revolutionary game? how about three years?

.....wait, won' t there be a new xbox that year on the next?..

btw Project Gothem 3 and (possibly) Condemned look like the only decent games in that launch line up (I' m hoping PDZ won' t suck as hard as a crack addicted hooker) .....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 15 Nov 05 16:03:41 >

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 09:25
Its diverse and fairly large, plus you have a surprising amount of B.C. games at launch. Also games coming out for current gen that are pretty much already compatible. Xbox live is already established and DOA is only delayed for what? 8 days? People are speaking as if it was pushed into next year (which isnt far off anyways).

Still it is missing 2 games that have been pushed into 06: Ghost Recon and Elder Scrolls. Altho saddening, at least with the extra time we can expect more from somthing already in high expectation. It seemed like Nov 22 was a long way away when I put my first down payment several months back. But hell time certainly flew.

So with several more coming this year and an alreay great looking batch for early 2006 I' m quite satisified.

As for just going with a PC instead. A high end one that needs annual upgrades in order to stay with rapidly evolving PC games is just to costly. Besides I enjoy playing on my large TV and in order to get a nice large PC screen I' d have to plop down some more cash. If you have the money to do all this then definatly PC is probably a better option but as it stands for me right now I simply can' t afford a decent setup. Hell right now Im typing on a laptop with a slightly damaged screen that I was able to get as a hand down.

witnessed the PS2 & GC match the power of the Xbox more and more frequently

Could you list 5 examples that clearly matched or surpassed the power of xbox? The dissappointment should be aimed not at the system but more at the inability of the company to capture more 3rd part support. But you gotta give MS some credit with its ' 1st' console. It was a risk for the company and buyers. A new console that couldve bombed right out the gate but managed to capture a decent fan base.

Where the hell am I going with this...?

So ya the launch list altho lacking some of the biggest titles is certainly far from bad.

My first game will be Condemend: Criminal Origens mostly because it reminds of Chronicles of Riddik: Escape from Butcher Bay. And it looks creepy as hell!

Then I' ll probably rent a few current gen games yet to be released (give Half-Life 2 a go on the 360 since I havnt played it at all yet)

I' m pretty sure Chickapoo88 will get me DOA4 for christmas (her favorite series). Then after seeing how the lineup pans out I' ll probably ask for 1 or 2 additional games and then purchase 1 other myself. So 5 games prior to 2006 and current gen games I cant stop playing for at least another few months. Im good to go :P
< Message edited by Mass X -- 15 Nov 05 17:27:10 >

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 960
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 09:46
It sucks that Oblivion is not going to be released until 2006; however, it should be released in time for my birthday, just like Gears of War

While it did not provide an exact date for the revised release, it did note that it expected this date to come sometime in the second quarter of 2006 (meaning the period from February to April...
< Message edited by Sharon -- 15 Nov 05 17:47:11 >

whatabout_paul
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 09:55
I' m a multi console guy so I' ll buy games for any and all consoles I like. I found myself looking for multi format games on X-Box over PS2 or Cube because I preferred it. It had the better graphics a better controller and I just really liked it.

As for my PC, my old one was obsolete. I couldn' t upgrade it any more if I wanted to. The only option I had was to buy a new PC and I made sure it was the ultimate. Months after getting it though my Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT was replaced as the best card by the 7800. It I want that it' ll cost me more than a 360.

Fore 360 Launch I' m looking at PGR3, PDZ, Kameo, Condemned and I' ll happily wait for DoA4. Games in the future? Elder Scrolls, Chrome Hounds, Sonic, Splinter Cell 4, even the new Resi is multi format.

Bishonen
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 12:46
...I have never preferred a PC over a Console when it comes to games .....my original point was that i bought a Xbox to experience quality next-gen games, and got lame-a$$ed, lets-make-a-quick-buck 3 year old PC games instead.....

I DO NOT, AND NEVER WILL, WANT A CONSOLE WHICH THINKS IT IS AN OUT OF DATE PC

...i want innovation like Project Zero and Metal Gear, not watered down puke like Deus Ex Invisible War.....

....i guess where I' m going with all this, is a big fat middle finger to the whole " forget that there are no REAL good games, get it anyway because it' s new " mentality...... i think I' ll wait for a price drop or two (or maybe after Halo 3 is released?) before i get one.....

..... as for GC and PS2 matching Xbox....

...Metal Gear 2?.......Tekken 5?...... Metroid Prime?..... Resident Evil 4 (GC)?...... Onimusha Dawn of Dreams?........Metal Gear 3?.... Zelda: Twilight Princes?... (killzone, even?)....

...please correct me if I' m wrong about any of those games, (or add any that i may of missed out).......

.... i have to say that i am more excited about the Playstation 3, than i am about $360$... and i don' t even know much about it....

..Xbox Live is great though...

Mass X
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 13:21
Bishonen
Twilight Princess isnt even out yet, it probably will be impressive nonetheless but at least use comparisons on currently released games.

MGS3 (IMO) doesnt outshine Splinter Cell3. Altho I do enjoy the akward elements in MGS.

Tekken altho vastly improved from the previous ones can be smashed by other franchises in the same genre.

Metroid Prime is easily ousted by other FPS such as the Rainbow 6 series & Halo.

Killzone is well nothing really.

Now Resident Evil 4 is certainly a good way of showing that PS2 and Cube have the capabilities to match up with the box...however up until that game along with God of War there many that showed matching capabilities with Xbox.

Im not saying that the other consoles are weaker in all fields, it jsut xbox is simply more powerful. Games like Chronicals of Riddik, Halo 2 (sort of), Splinter Cell 3, Forza Motorsport (altho that can be fought with Grand Turismo which still on avg scored slightly less then Forza) and Ninja Gaiden show this easily.

Power:Xbox
Variety:PS2
Origionality:GC

This is all opinion of course.

Topic:
I just called EBGames after seeing that Condemned had already shipped, but they told me it wont be available til the 23rd. Anyone know if this is true everywhere or just my local EB?

whatabout_paul
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 13:45
There' s no denying the fact the Xbox is more powerful than the PS2 and Cube. Any and all multi format games all end up looking the best on Xbox.

Project Gotham Racing 3 looks to be the best reason to own a 360 with PDZ following close behind. PGR3 is looking like one of the best racing games ever. the only thing the PS3 has on the horizon that isn' t coming out for 360 I' m ecided about is MGS4.

On, and DoA2 for PS2 did nothing for me as I already had the Dreamcast version ^_^

Bishonen
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 14:17
...ok, what about Transformers?, or Super Monkey Ball?....

......Everyone knows that PS2/GC can' t match a Halo or Team Ninja game, as they are, for the most part, THE ONLY DEVELOPERS TO USE THE REAL CAPABILITIES OF XBOX.....

...and right when it looks like there might be more developers who are actually trying to make PROPER XBOX SPECIFIC GAMES (Riddick, Splinter Cell 3), 360 comes out! .....

...aren' t you worried that the same thing is going to happen with the 360?.....that you' re being ripped off by Micro$oft?....that your shiny new 360, is going to get only a handful of proper games in it' s four year lifetime?

.....because that' s exactly what has happened with the current Xbox......

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 14:42
i guess this time arund, console war will be very very different than the last round, microsoft is more stronger than ever and it really threatens sony... MS said that the Xbox was just a test, the x360 is the real thing... they praticaly corrected all their previous mistakes, much improved controler, more 3rd parties specialy the japanese Devps, those are the most important one...
X box did have teh best graphics but most of its games had an ugly design, i think hat if you own a decent PC nowadays there is just a few reasons left to own an xbox.. you say PS2 has variety but also quality, yes it has hundreds od crappy games but also so many good games , in the otehr hands the xbox so many crappy games with " very" few games that " really" shined , i can count them (ninja gaiden, euuuh splinter cell 3.. 2 & 1 if you like... Reddick, half life 2, far cry, Top spin... Forza, ) please i' m talking about the games that really shined well you cannadd one or two or three it' s not like they' ll make a difference... the great majority of these games are on pc with better graphics (if you own only an ati 9550 or equivalent)

Mass X
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 14:47
I dont feel screwed over in the least bit. Its been 4 full years so thats a longer span then that of having to upgrade a PC which is almost an annual thing. There are still more games coming for xbox which will work with X360 as well.

This fits in with the theme of choice. Do you stay with the current gen for another 3-6 months or even a year or do you move on the the next gen which will work with current gen anyways?

It makes for a more blended method, a smoother transition. Rather then waiting for the very last possible ting to come out the gate and then thud you run into next gen no choice.

Then the fact its out soon give developers plenty of time to play around and fully realize the system. Altho we have no idea what they plan on doing in the future. This is only system number 2 from them. So they may hold out for a while this time or they may have the blend method as well.

The system was a risk in the first place, entering a market already dominated by other big names. So of course with every new system installment since the begining of console gaming we' re gonna be nervous of the choices we make...like life essentially...lol i' ll stop there before i drift into other things.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 14:48
pgr2,panzer dragon oorta,shenmue2,metal gear solid2,halo and halo2 and so on those games are worth getting an xbox...and also even if some pc games look better they are more fun to play on xbox seeing how the control+tv kick ass
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

KiLLeR
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 15, 2005 23:35
I don' t understand how u can say that there' s no reason to get a xbox if u have a really good PC. If anyone says this then they know nothing about Xbox.

MS is not gonna ripp us off in the next-gen. We will see quality titles, unique titles, really good racing games, fps games, rpg, third person games etc. If u' ve been following at all (Bishonnen), then you would' ve realized that already there are titles in work that seem to be really promising. The fact alone that MS got support from 50 more japanese game studios (besides what they already had) shows that MS is building strong relations. U will see good games like:

PGR3
PDZ
COndemned
Wolfenstein (can' t say this game isn' t unique)
Ridge Racer (arcadeish like)
Quake 4
Half-Life 2 (it' s for this gen, but playable on 360 as well, it looks soooooo sick, and gameplay is wicked)
Frame City Killer (looks good)
Kameo
Too Human (We' ve only seen a CG Trailer but if you' ve read any interviews with the devs, you' d be anxiously waiting for this game)
Mass Effect (RPG title, looks pretty good, also good story)
Gears of War
Oblivion
Amped 3 (certainly one good sports game)
FF series r coming to 360
Every Party (original and looks like a simple game, kinda like mario party)
Sonic
(em)-eNCHANT-arm (for RPG fans this should be a must-get)
Far East of Eden Ziria - Tales from Distant Jipang (another RPG title from Japan)
Chromehounds
Huxley (post-apocalyptic urban warfare game, MMOFPS, using UNreal-3 engine)
Indiana Jones
Lost Odyssey (should be a pretty good RPG coming from the FF creators)
Dark Sector (action game, coming from digital extremes, creators or UT)
Gundam Wing (from the anime series)

There are many many more games that are currently a work in progress, but I' m not gonna list all their names, some of them don' t even have names yet. There are the EA titles, Midway is making 7 games for the 360, Team Ninja with DOA4, and I' m sure we' ll see another ninja gaiden. Bungie is working on a project they won' t talk about, but rest assured it will be good. If anyone had no idea of what kind of direction 360 is gonna take with its game library, I hope I made it a bit more clear. Obviously some games I listed, we haven' t even seen a trailer for them, but we know where they' re coming from. There will also be (in 2008) a game called APB, from the creator of GTA, who has his own company now, which is supposed to be like GTA, but massive multiplayer, kinda like city of heroes or whatever. I think MS will do good in this next-gen.
< Message edited by KiLLeR -- 16 Nov 05 14:36:12 >

Vx Chemical
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 01:37
I think there were plenty of quálity titles on the xbox

Splinter Cell Series
Halo 1 & 2
Kotor 1 & 2
Jade Empire
Ninja Gaiden

Only to name a few

and there are just as many 3rd party titles for the xbox thats beeen realeased for all 3 consoles where the xbox version is the best!

QuezcatoL
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 04:46
Yeah,more games that will be annonunced and made in a year or more,its not like the list we heard now is the finale forever.
This list we heard now is enough to buy a xbox360 but ofc 10th times more games will be made.
And " QUALITY GAMES" ofc.
Ofc this will happend to ps3 too,some people think that just those games been announced is the only ones coming now...jesus... :P
How much games did we heard about of xbox360 a year before launch?
Ps3 will mayby or probably have the best launch ever.
But let the time go and we will all se it.
Oh btw Blue dragon to xbox360 is also made by sakaguchi/nobuo :P the FF people yes,same as lost odyssey.

Vx Chemical
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 06:09
What on earth makes you think PS3 will have the best launch ever?

QuezcatoL
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 08:48
Well...
They got many games already announced,1 year before launch,they will probably ad a lot more before some months before launch.
Im for xbox360,but i honestly belive ps3 will beat it.

Mass X
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 09:01
I favor the Xbox this gen and the Xbox360 big time, but even I' ll admit that in the next gen it wont pull ahead of PS3, however it will certainly come quite close this time around.

Sony' s system is still the fad among mainstream. And developers know tis so they know where the money will be made. Altho now that MS' is getting some attention the moods are shifting.

Im sure Sony and Nintendo are taking note on what to do and what not to do for their launches.

Vx Chemical
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 09:29
MMmmmm

I dont think Sony will win this time around, with luck they will get around, they will get half and ms will get half, with nintendo to take the scraps, and with Square support for the Xbox, sony is really loosing hold of some of their biggest supporters.

I have not really followed the PS3 launch lineup, but i do know some, there is Killzone 2, follow up to a less than average shooter, and MGS which some like and some dont.

I cant see any reason for people other than Japaneese gamers to buy the console. I might be MS biased, because i like the Xbox, and its games, and i severely dislike Japaneese RPG' s.

People swear off to Sony, but they that to Nintendo as well, when the europeans and the Americans patience run out, and they can get a Xbox360 for half the price of a Playstation, im sure most casual gamers, which still is the biggest market, will go buy the Sexy white box. If parents can get a console for their kids for half the price, and the same quality, they will want to save the money!

QuezcatoL
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 09:35
Well,xbox360 is overpriced in eruope,and even if they drop the price near ps3 release im sure those who waited long enough gonna go ps3 instead of a cheaper xbox360.
And im sure ps3 win this war too.
People say a lot of xbox360 titles come 2006,which is true,but at the same time NR+Ps3 release O_o

Vx Chemical
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 10:50
I cant see why your so hopeful the PS3 will even come out in 2006 in Europe and the US, i think its more likely to be 2007, atleast in Europe, MS has 37% of the market with Xbox, it wont take much to push it to that and past that. But we' ll see.

Mass X
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 11:15
I myself wont be getting a PS3, I just think that on a global basis the PS3 will probably win however it wont be by much.

Bishonen
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 11:58

..... i like your list of games KiLLeR, it will be interesting to see how many of these utilise the full capabilities of 360, and how many of then look like PS2 games........

...we' ll see....

..also, i would not believe too much of the hype that games magazines (and others) like to promote (after all journalists need to earn their bucks too) .....and usually, only a minority turn out to be worth while....

...however, perhaps i have been overly pessimistic about 360.... just checked out Condemned and it looks HARDCORE .... innovate too....

....had a tough time finding anything else which looks as good (is PG3 anything new over PG2?) .....

....tell me though, how much better is Condemned, graphically, over Splinter Cell 3?

KiLLeR
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 12:06
First of all, the 360 won' t be half-priced for at least another year and a half. By the time ps3 and/or Rev come out, maybe the price will have dropped by 1/4th the most, maybe even less than 1/4th. MS said that when PS3 came out, they wouldn' t lower the prices much, instead they plan to attack by having a lot of content and quality of games by that time. I don' t even know why the Japanese market is so important (not being racist here), it' s just a small country. I kno there are a lot of gamers out there, but man, come on, all they seem to like is RPG games and they have this thing of sticking with their products, and not western products. Only a small percentage of japanese gamers own an Xbox. I don' t get why would u waste ur time to convince someone to buy ur product, when that someone has already made up hi/her mind, without even caring for what the product could do. I don' t know if I' m getting my point accross here. They don' t like western stuff, they think their product is better and that' s it. I hate how the 360 over there is being sold with the HDD, there are no Core options.

If MS wants to expand in Japan, they have to consider expanding the backwards compatibility list, which is:
Crimson Sky: High Road to Revenge
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack
Jade Empire
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden Black
Tom Clancy Series Rainbow Six 3
The Simpsons Hit & Run

Also, if ppl think the PS3 is much much much more powerful than the 360, read this:

According to a 1up.com video post, Hideo Kojima has admitted that the Xbox 360 is capable of running the Metal Gear Solid 4 real-time demo. Despite the PlayStation 3 propaganda on display throughout the demo, Kojima’s comments reaffirm many gamers’ opinions that the two next-gen consoles aren’t separated by much in terms of sheer graphical power.

www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000883068264

Also, once Sony stops lying/hyping up their PS3, more ppl will actually be able to make a well informed decision on which console to get.

Bishonen
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 12:31
... maybe Japanese gamers don' t like games which simulate cars or basketball teams? or games about Vietnam or World War 2?? ....

..perhaps they stick to their products because they prefer imagination and craftsmanship?...

....it' s also likely that Microsoft plan to release Halo 3 during PS3' s launch.....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 16 Nov 05 20:38:18 >

Vx Chemical
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 13:03
Japaneese games arent all about imagination and craftmanship, there are just as many Euro and US games that does that. What the japs like, are animated cutscenes of high quality, long cutscenes, long dialogs which have or dont have relevence for the game. Where as Euro and US games mostly use InEngine cutscenes are scripted events.

You might think the War games are getting trivial, but how many are there exactly? i mean does the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games fill that much? Maybe there is a few more of those games from small developers.

plenty of new titles for the xbox sound interesting, maybe you should check up on thing before you start bashing.

check out:

Mass Effect
Too Human
Gears of War
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Quake Wars (looks interesting)

and there are plenty more than that.

Those are all new titles, and new IP, with the exception of Quake Wars. So MS and Sony stand equal in innovation and imagination in my eyes atleast.

Bishonen
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 14:39
.... i think you will find that the accepted general rule is that Japanese games (and developers) urinate from a great height over western ones.....

..praise should be bestowed upon those who buck this trend......praise the sacred whore also...

...i had fun playing the early Medal of Honour games on the PS1....

...and dude, i wasn' t bashing, just saying i was finding it difficult to find info on the better looking games (they all appear to be at an early stage of development).....

Vx Chemical
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 15:18
They are early in development, but the ideas are still written down. Sony hasnt really shown any games running on a PS3 except MGS4.

Okay so i dislike Sony :P i admit it.

Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 16, 2005 19:16
I was sure to get Oblivion until they pushed it till next year (still getting it though) so now I' m getting PGR3 largely because I hate sport and platform games and don' t need a fps with games like Huxley, Halo 3 and possibly UT2007 coming.

KiLLeR
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 00:33
They are just stubborn and cocky and they love anime, cuz they don' t like the real world, and all their RPGs are kinda like watching anime, instead of actually playing a game.

Condemned does look pretty sick eh! I can' t wait for that game. Does it match up to Splinter Cell 3? I think it does. But they style is very different. Condemned is a much dirtier game, and SP3 isn' t, so ppl might make mistakes when comparing them. And don' t worry, you will see many other good looking games for the 360.

Halo 3 won' t come out in time for the ps3 launch, I highly doubt it. I think they know better to wait and finish up the game to make it the way they want it, without having to do any shortcuts or taking things out of the game, like Perfet Dark, where they cut down the multiplayer number from 50 ppl to 32. Bungie says they are currently working on a title whose identity they won' t reveal yet. Let' s hope it' s either Halo 3 or some other cool title.

I can' t wait to play Gears or War, man that game looks georgeous and interesting. I hope the multiplayer will be fun.

I also wanna see how Sony and Nintendo are gonna match up, surpass the 360. I' m pretty sure they have some aces up their sleeves.

Mass X
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 08:27
Hmm that reminds me I need to pick up Condemned today or tomarrow. The only thing that worries me about that game, is its length. Altho I wont get to play it til a week or so after the initial 360 release since I got thrown onto the second batch, which is good and bad news. Good because I wont have to wait til next year, bad becasue I still have to wait longer then I thought.

But dammit man I put quite a bit down on that already I think for the game, periphreals, and console I only have to put down a little less then $100. That and I reserved my 360 back in July.

Altho I am hoping for maybe a bit more of a slight delay since I made the employee there guerentee me only a week or so wait. If not then he owes me one of the 1st party games.

Bishonen
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 09:58
.......KiLLeR, i was asking how much of an GRAPHICAL improvement Condemned is over Splinter Cell 3 (if there is one at all)..........

... and have you ever thought about getting into anime and RPG' s just to hang out with more girls?....

KiLLeR
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 15:48
ahahaha, LoL, i watch anime, sometimes, but i don' t like to hang out with virtual girls. I don' t have any girl problems so I' m not interested.

What do u mean if there is one at all. Of course there is a graphical improvement dude, just the fact alone that the game is made for a more powerful machine should be enough evidence. But I guess we' ll only truly know until we actually get to play it.

Mass X
RE: Xbox 360 Launch Day Lineup - Nov 17, 2005 15:59
Review says its very impressive very immersive. IGN gave it an 8.7. But like I thought, it will be on the short side due to lack of replay but whats there is top notch.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 45