Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 XBOX 360 Freezing : Update January 17th
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
XBOX 360 Freezing : Update January 17th - Jan 17, 2006 04:52
Ok, I believe I am the first kikizo member to encounter the dreaded " freezing" with their 360. I' ve had mine for 2 months now, and eveything was perfect till this weekend. Now ti' s frozen once in PD Zero, and 4 times with Amped 3. Very well ventilated aread, so I don' t think it' s overheating, but I' m running a series of tests right now. Good thing is that In Canada, microsoft doesn' t fix them, they just instantly replace with a new unit. I' ll keep you updated on what happens. Anyone else have any problems?
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 18 Jan 06 19:45:07 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 04:57
No, not yet. I got mine on launch day in the UK (2nd Dec) with every game and they' ve all been fine even after prolonged periods of play.

I had though the problems previously reported surrounded PGR3 specifically and not other games. The unit itself may get hot but the fans inside should be able to cope, it' s the power pack that needs to be ventilated, or at least that' s my understanding.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 04:58
I have had two system crashes (xbox shutsdown) but only while playing King Kong, so i think its more likely its the game that has issues!! Otherwise it works perfectly!
Nitro

RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 06:09
I' m curious now. What are these tests you speak of?
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 06:19
No problems besides with the crappy headset. And COD2 online, anyone know if its getting patched?
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 17 Jan 06 14:28:52 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 06:41
next generation eh? you swear you where talking about pc titles, tests, patchs, headsets? whats next, a hard drive!?

oh.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 07:49
...irony...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 09:06

No problems besides with the crappy headset. And COD2 online, anyone know if its getting patched?

They were working on patch but I' m not sure if it' s ready.

I agree - I hate it when videogames adopt the worst part of PC gaming.But it' s only Xbox so it' s not that bad for now.MS systems have huge support from PC developers and those stupid fucks can' t make any game right the first time.

(except Valve and Blizzard :) )
mxpx182

RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 09:42

I' m curious now. What are these tests you speak of?

Running it for extended periods of time, noting if lock ups happen after long periods, or right away. I' m looking at when lockups happen, ie. loading or gameplay. I' m running the system with the hard drive, and then without, and then just seeing if there are any changes at all.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 22:12
No problems with mine since I got the replacement unit.

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

Yeah. What' s up with that new headset? The one for the first Xbox live ROCKED! I guess too many people complained about not being able to lay their head back while playing! P*ssies!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 17, 2006 23:04
Lol, blame it on the PC devs! The main reason PC games dont work is cos of the huge variance in hardware. No such excuse for XBox Im afraid.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 18, 2006 07:06
Choupolo that' s a very good point :)

What do they think comin' in hear to our console world and messing things up with some bugs, patches ..I mean What the fuck is wrong with those guys ?
mxpx182

RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 18, 2006 12:05
Ok, official update on my situation, and it' s not a good one. Played my 360 this morning for 1 hour, zero problems. Got home from work, turned it on, 3 flashing red lights. I will here on refer to them as the " f*cking red lights" or FRL for short. The FRL are not good. In my very recent opinion they are a very bad thing. 1 out of every 10 times the machine makes it through to the actual game, but then locks up there.

I phoned up Microsoft to tell them about my FRL and they confirmed that yes, my machine was now a very unshiny paperweight. They are purolating a box to me overnight, I am sending in my FRL paperweight and they are hopefully sending me out a new XBOX 360. Good good.

The second issue I asked him about was the fact that I just purchased a year of Xbox live, and now due to the FRL I would likely not be taking advantage of any of the

# Great online multiplayer gameplay
# Exclusive Xbox Live Marketplace downloads and content
# Revolutionary TrueSkillâ„¢ matchmaking
# Enhanced gamer feedback
# Enhanced friends list

I then sugested that I should be compensated for my lost time upon which he talked to a supervisor and said there was nothing they could do. I asked him if he honestly believed there was nothing they could do, I suggested that they COULD do something, and that he should talk to his supervisor again. Anyways in the end they gave me one of those prepaid cards worth of microsoft points to download there crap off the net. Better than nothing. It will pay for some new PD0 levels.

Anyways, my advice to EVERYBODY is the instant your 360 starts acting up do not delay, phone them instantly (1-800-4MY-XBOX) and demand satisfaction!!! Even if your warranty expires (I' ll be purchasing the 2 year extended one, hell I won the thing It hasn' t cost me anything yet, and using the hell out of the thing) I would talk with the people and demand a free repair or new unit. No way should a 500 dollar machine fail on you after 3 months, heck after a year and the customer get stuck with the bill.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 18, 2006 14:33
I' m not big on the fact that you demanded stuff when they were sending you a new console. They fixed the problem. That should be enough. Whatever though.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 18, 2006 16:21
rampage, what about the downloaded exclusive content???? arcade games??????

Oh btw, VALVE IS THE SHIT!!!!!!!

i don' t feel as bad for you mxpx just cuz u got urs for free and I couldn' t after spending so much time on the befirsttoplay.ca website. errrrrr that aside, I recommend 360 owners to change their 360 once a better version comes out. just like the xbox came with diff HDDs gradually and better dashboards/firmware (what do u call it?? console OS???). when u find out about it, break ur 360 and call in to get a new one. If u live in the states and they try to repair it, then use some good old magnets and the 360 should be unfixable, lol, which in return will give u a chance to get a newer, better one.

HL2 ROCKS!!! and ooooooooooooo baby, aftermath is coming out
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 18, 2006 16:47
Valve sux rat cack.
I' ve had tons and tons of problems with CS:S.
I really like Half-Life 2 and CS:S but valve is retarded sometimes.

They' ve released 4 patches on different occasions for CS:S that make the game unplayable for people with certain very poppular video cards.

DO THEY TEST THIS STUFF BEFORE THEY RELEASE IT?!!?!?!?!?

I don' t know anyone who hasn' t had some sort of problem with Steam.

And they didn' t even finish CS:S in they 80 years they spent making HL2....

Valve rots my gut, they don' t deserve any praise at all.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 18, 2006 21:00

ORIGINAL: KiLLeR

rampage, what about the downloaded exclusive content???? arcade games??????

Actually once you buy that stuff onl Live it' s linked to your Gamertag. You can go back an download it without any additional charges as long as you use your same Gamertag. Doesn' t matter what console you are I I think. That was pretty smart on MS' s part.
Nitro

RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 18, 2006 21:46
Buying the 1st models of any electronic equipment is a risk that you take. Obviously some units will be faulty, it' s unavoidable.

The same kind of thing will happen with noth the PS3 and Revolution (N5)
mxpx182

RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 18, 2006 22:41

I' m not big on the fact that you demanded stuff when they were sending you a new console. They fixed the problem. That should be enough. Whatever though.

I paid for Xbox live to play my games online. I could care less about all the " exclusive downloadable content" . Are you saying you don' t think I should be refunded somethig for the time I PAID for that I am obviously not going to use due to THEIR faulty equipment? I didn' t want the points, I asked him if they could simply extend my Xbox Live subscription for the amount of time I was without my console, when he said he didn' t think he could do that, that' s when I suggested they should do something else. Me getting a new console in return is a completely seperate issue from the Live stuff. I didn' t ask for anything free because my console busted.
Nitro

RE: XBOX 360 Freezing - Jan 19, 2006 00:45
Like i said, buying the 1st model incurs a risk. But your machine is under warranty and will be sorted out in due course.

When you subscribed to Xbox Live you accepted the terms & conditions relative to the component. Should your console be faulty and you are unable to use the Xbox Live service, Microsoft have every right to compensate you as they see fit. Technically they didn' t HAVE to do anything but you' ve managed to secure some Microsoft Points for yourself.

I understand your frustration but it' s a risk you decided to take.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message