Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which current Gen system do you like best?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 05:55
Everyone of us no matter how objective , has some preferences so just write that one system you like the most and think was the best that generation.No need to say why - that gives birth to fights :)

Ofcourse if you didn' t play at least 3 or more AAA titles on all systems you should state that you didn' t have much experience with other platforms and such.

I think that MS has a huge fanbase on Kikizo and I want to see if I' m right :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 30 Jan 06 21:56:51 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 06:24
Gooooooooooo MICROSOFT!!!

No, ....goooooooooo SONY!!!

Sh1t wait, ....goooooooooo Sega!!!

Man, since technically the Dreamcast was a current-gen console (128bits like PS2) then i vote DREAMCAST!!!

DREAMCAST
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 30 Jan 06 22:25:01 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 06:36
(somehow I knew your post will be the first here:) )
Nitro

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 06:53
Always just after your dude (where possible)
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 08:07
Despite the fact I' ve got loads of games I love for my PS2 I like my X-Box the best. Maybe it' s the fact that it makes all 3rd party games love the best and maybe it' s the fact that I think Sony are too cocky.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 08:32
Consoles:

Hardware-wise I LOVE the GameCube system the most.. Whenever there are multiplatform game releases for all three consoles I always buy the GameCube version.

Games-wise, no contest, PlayStation 2 runs away with the prize. It has everything of everything.

Portables: PSP
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 31 Jan 06 0:33:23 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 12:10
Hardware:
Xbox, no contest. It has the best sound that has ever emanated from any videogame system ever anywhere. Only the Xbox360 can match the sound of this monster. The Xbox is also the most powerful of the 3 when it comes to graphics, and you can easily tell. Hell, it can even do HDTV resolutions and is the system that' s most often in progressive scan and widescreen. In addition you can modify a few files on the Xbox hard drive without even opening the case and suddenly your Xbox is streaming movies, music, and pictures to your TV from your PC in AMAZING quality! You can even play MAME games on your TV through the XBOX. Freakin' awesome. Nothing compares.

Games:
They all pretty much suck. I do like gems like Super Monkey Ball and F-Zero GX, so I' ll give the Gamecube this one, but only by a hair. The PS2 and Xbox versions of Super Monkey Ball suck due to the crappy control.

Portables:
The DS, no contest. The games are actually FUN on this thing! A first for any portable ever!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 31 Jan 06 4:17:17 >
Nitro

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 18:44
Yeah the Xbox beats both the PS2 and the Gamecube in terms of performance and i can see what you' re saying about getting the Gamecube versions of multi-platform titles (except Chaos Theory), but i have been impressed with what developers are managing to get out of PS2 so late in it' s life. It' s a shame they didn' t push Xbox to its limits really.

I was blown away with the Gamecube version of RE4, i honestly see it as a next-gen game for a current gen system, but i was equally impressed by the PS2 version which might not look quite as nice but is a healthy port and one of PS2s finest games.

Nintendo always under-rate their systems before launch and even Rogue Squadron 2 wasn' t supposed to be possible the way Nintendo put things. Gamecube has some superb games!

BUT, i still love my Dreamcast. I was soooooo pissed that publishers didn' t give it more support...

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 19:02

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

It' s a shame they didn' t push Xbox to its limits really.

I think I have an idea of why we haven' t seen the same limit pushing thing with the Xbox. This has been said like a million times and it has been said about the 360 and the PS3 as well.
The PS2 is difficult to develop games for (or was it difficult SDKs? Whatever!) and therefor it takes a lot of produced games before developers learn to actually make a technically impressive game. The Xbox on the other hand was very easy to develop for/had good SDKs and so they could get the maximum results on day one. Ok, maybe not day one but you get the idea. So there' s your reason. But I have to say that Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 are pretty impressive.

Dreamcast rules!
...but so does the GC...
...and the PS2 was pretty damn good to.
Then we have the Xbox that was very impressive.
Damn why do we have to choose? It' s the same thing as having two of your best friends kidnapped by a murderer that only wants to kill one of them so he forces you to choose which one to kill.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 31 Jan 06 11:10:17 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 19:18
Maijk that DC is so cool - check mine (don' t try to understand the description though)

>My DC<<

I' m selling it at the moment :)

I had my Xbox modded and exploited to the fullest - with NEO GEO roms and MAME and even N64 roms just to see it working - same for PSX.

Now that I have PS2 Slim I can apreciate a quiet and small system.I' ve noticed that every game I played on it (killzone,Dragon Quest VIII , GT4 , SoulCalibur 3) runs in true widescreen - something that not many Xbox games do (Halo,KOTOR,Jade Empire and so on) - it really feels like my TV is being used now.

Xbox can definitely do some cool things just like PC only X has a controller and is always hooked up to your TV.

Having that said I really don' t think there was one system this generation that you could own without bitching - game addicts couldn' t have one system this gen.

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 31 Jan 06 11:30:48 >
Nitro

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 19:45
Definately not, that' s why i buy them all, usually with all the launch games.

I loved the idea behind Bleemcast, it made Playsstation games look much better than they were on Playstation. I thought it was hilarious that Sony never even won the lawsuit too.

Oh and ginjirou, i think you hit the nail on the head there. Makes you wonder though, whether they could actually get more out of Xbox if they tried. Not that there' s much need now, with 360 being here.

Now, ...do i play DoA4 or God of War????

Fuck it, RE4 Mercenaries mode methinks!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 22:01
ps2 by far, i don' t understand people who say DC, the console is very good but it was horribly lacking of AAA titles, although a lot of good games , 90% of the good games were ports from the arcade, you call that a console ??

gamecube, man that' s even worse, i think everybody will agree here that game cube cannot be the best current gen console, even if it has some very very few excellent games, that can' t make it the best....

xbox, keeping the " xbox live" aside, if you own a decent pc today, you don' t really have to choose xbox over a PS2, x box is surely the most powerful console but there were few exemples where it demonstrated teh diference between ps2... xbox lacks of JAP supports and for me this is too bad for any console... i played all xbox " good to excellent" games except for bad fur day and far cry insticnt .... but that' s not a big deal since i played bad fur day on N64 (love it) and far cry (pc)

so the winner is defintly PS2, it has almost evrything , i dare (yeah with all sony haters around here) say that ps2 is the best console ever in the history, don' t start your insult, if you don' t agree put your arguement if not that' s my damn opinion.

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 22:07
However,halo2,ninja gaiden,panzer dragon oorta and pgr2 is just some reasons why you should buy an xbox even if you own a pc.
Nitro

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Jan 31, 2006 22:19
Abasoufiane, like Gangsta said this isn' t an argument. There' s no heated debate, ...it' s about which system YOU prefer.

DREAMCAST ruled!!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Feb 01, 2006 06:53

the console is very good but it was horribly lacking of AAA titles, although a lot of good games , 90% of the good games were ports from the arcade, you call that a console ??

Could someone kill him? ...PLEASE?

Like Maijk said - it' s not supposed to be a war - only the name of your favourite system - and we all know which one it is for you :)

ANd please don' t ever tell me you' re not a fanboy after what you wrote about all those great systems.

I G N O R A N C E is so UNCOOL
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 31 Jan 06 22:55:32 >
Nitro

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Feb 01, 2006 08:42
LOL!

I bloody love arcade games! Man, i loved Dreamcast for exactly that, proper arcade games in your own home!

Ok so it was too early but i don' t care, DReamcast gave me tons of great gaming memories. Stuff like; Crazy Taxi 2, Confidential Mission, Daytona USA, Unreal Tournament (which admittedly i had on PC too but who cares), Metropolis Street Racer, Guilty Gear X, Starlancer, Grandia II, Skies of Arcadia (see, ...arcade!), Shenmue/II, Jet grind Radio (Jet Set Radio), Quake III Arena (again i had on PC), Ferrari F355 Challenge, Power Stone 2 (man i spent weeks playing that with friends), Virtua Tennis, Street Fighter Alpha 3, RE: Code Veronica, MDK2, and Soul Calibur amongst others...

I would buy it all over again. It certainly wasn' t money wasted!

I' ve had/have pretty much every console since the NES/Master System era, i buy them all because i love games (hence my degree course). And while Sony HAS done a lot for the industry in terms of growth, i kinda preferred it when computer games ' weren' t' cool or whatever. It used to be about escapism, but it' s now about pure entertainment value.

Still, Gear of War and MGS4 are high on my next/this gen priorty list.

Oh and Gangsta, you' re freakin' great. Just give me a gun dude!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Feb 01, 2006 09:29
Dreamcast because it pwnz0rz PS2 1337 ninja style.
Puyo Puyo 4, Shenmue, Armada, San Fransisco Rush 2049 are definetly AAA titles IMO, I could list about 20 AAA titles for Dreamcast. Its really nice being able to play homebrew games and imports without modding too. Then of coures there is the loads of emulated games including PS1 games which look much better on DC. I could also list a ton of games that pwnt any other games at the time on DC but not so much anymore. And teh graphics pwnt teh PS2 games at the time. And the online play too.

My hands are still sore from when I held a PS2 controller in 2000.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Feb 01, 2006 20:07
Xbox.

DOA: XBV nude code.

That is all.
Nitro

RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Feb 01, 2006 20:37
There isn' t one is there?

It can be patched but there' s no code...right?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Which current Gen system do you like best? - Feb 01, 2006 20:45
Oh, sorry! Right. Patch. Yeah.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages