Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What is wrong with SEGA?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 90
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 06:10
If you liked Tekken 3, you' ll love Tekken 5...

EDIT: Oh, Kazuya and Jin play completely differently, more so than ever! One of the new characters, Raven (based on Wesley Snipes ' Blade' ) is a great addition.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 3 Feb 06 22:14:39 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 06:12
And even if you didn' t like Tekken 3 you may still love Tekken 5

I hated the entire Tekken series until I got my hands on Tekken 5. I can' t really explain what possessed me to purchase a game from a series that I' ve always hated but after the E3 trailer I just had a really good feeling about Tekken 5!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 3 Feb 06 22:15:26 >
Nitro

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 06:16
You didn' t like Tekken 3?

Did you even try it (again) since it' s included on the Tekken 5 disc?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 06:18
I need to squize some more fun from SC3 and then I' m all into T5 - I played T3 for years - I haven' t gotten that deep into a fighting game ever since(DoA2 nad SC were close).(that was mainly because I had no advanced opponents in other games)

Great news indeed :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 3 Feb 06 22:20:25 >
Nitro

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 06:29

Just because!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 06:47

You didn' t like Tekken 3?

Did you even try it (again) since it' s included on the Tekken 5 disc?

Nope didn' t like Tekken 3 when I first played it at the arcades many years ago. It was definitely better than 1 and 2 but I still wasn' t feeling the game. Replayed all 3 games included on the Tekken 5 game disc thinking that with all the time that had passed I' d find them a bit more tolerable, but when all was said and done my feelings hadn' t changed, I still wasn' t crazy about them.. Played Tekken 4 at a local arcade, talk about uninspired gameplay. Tekken 5 however was pure gold. Namco just hit all the right areas with that game.

As for Tekken Tag Tournament, well let' s just say that I' ve only walked away from two arcade games before the 1st round was even over. Tekken Tag Tournament was the first one. Capcom' s JoJo' s Venture was the second.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 4 Feb 06 3:19:52 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 07:10
Dude you should post the widescreen version of Tekken 5. Square TV is sooooo yesterday. Pics from my copy of the game:

Im a massive daytona fan and the dreamcast version didnt play anything like it was over twitchy and the more advanced power slides from the arcade original were totally non-existent....

On Daytona for the Dreamcast, hold UP on the analog control stick at all times. When turning, arc the stick around the upper-half of the circle. This will allow for very precise control and no more twitchyness! Everyone knows this, even Ricardo Montalban.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 3 Feb 06 23:12:49 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 07:19
Joe get some new speakers or something - I' m tired of hearing how good your TV is :)
Joe Redifer

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 10:23
Sorry man but it' s gonna be at least 2 years until I stop talking about it. My speakers are pretty old and sound AWESOME! OMG U WUD NOT BLEEV IT!
Nitro

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 05, 2006 01:27
I took those off the web but i do have a 4:3 projector for use with my PS2/Xbox (i' m using a 21" CRT monitor for my 360 at the moment).

The good thing about my native 4:3 projector is that it can also display 16:9 content while if i had a 16:9 projector and wanted to display 4:3 content it could be comprimised.

Tons of films are 4:3 and so are most music videos.
Joe Redifer

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 05, 2006 05:17
Most movies on DVD are 16:9. Who cares about music videos? 4:3 wouldn' t be comprimised at all since it used the same exact resolution as 16:9 (720x480 MAX in standard definition). 16:9 is simply stretched to that aspect. HDTV uses native 16:9 resolutions, though.
Nitro

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 05, 2006 06:23
It would be stretched. Cars would look like lowriders with oval shaped tyres!

Loads of my anime is 4:3, but it makes no odds since my projector can display 16:9 too just not natively.

Joe, you don' t like music videos?
Joe Redifer

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 05, 2006 07:53
Oh. Anime. Nevermind.

I used to like music videos back when MTV was fairly new for the first few years. Now they are all just effects shows. And I really don' t like mainstream music these days so the videos have even less appeal to me. They are easy to make and edit, however.
]GaNgStA[

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 05, 2006 22:21
Shit I can' t imagine movies without Anime like GITS , GITS2 , Gungrave , Princess Mononoke , Ninja Scroll , SteamBoy and many more.Still some people are to narrow minded to enjoy anime.

I think that black eyed peas have gorgeous videos.I don' t like mainstream music to much but it' s cool to see their videos from time to time.

Everything is easy after you get the concept and stuff - that however is not easy.

Sure many music videos are just " shake your ass for 5 minutes" clips , but not all of them.
Joe Redifer

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 06, 2006 02:17
The anime movies you list up there all are in widescreen. I think when he said " anime" he meant " Otaku TV episodes" like " Horny Boy" or " Boy suddenly becomes super hero" or " Principle character zapped to another dimension" .

Enjoy music videos or not, I highly doubt they' d take up the majority of your video library. Watch ' em with black bars on the side on a 16:9 TV. Or better yet maybe the people who make those videos will step up to current technology and shoot them in widescreen. I bet a lot of them already are, and are presented as letterbox when you guys buy them on VHS. I will be shooting and editing a music video this summer and I INSIST for it to be in widescreen. Also 24 frames per second... just because.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 5 Feb 06 18:18:06 >
Nitro

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 06, 2006 02:26
GITS aren' t movies, they' re TV episodes. They are however widescreen as you say.

I was talking about stuff like Rayearth, Patlabor, Urotsukidoji, Spriggan etc...

I have tons upon tons of 4:3 formatted video which is why i got a 4:3 native projector. Like i said, i can still display 16:9 stuff so it doesn' t make any difference as far as i' m concerned. I' ll get a HDTV eventually but not yet.

I leave music videos running for hours, projecting onto my wall which is why i mentioned them and most are 4:3 so...
Joe Redifer

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 06, 2006 05:02
Let me guess. InFocus X1.
Nitro

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 06, 2006 05:22
LOL!

Can you still get those? I heard they suck and i think there' s an X2 out now but i' m not sure.

Mine' s a Toshiba T30 DLP, its max resolution is 1024 x 768 i think.

It' s ok as projectors go.
]GaNgStA[

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 06, 2006 06:11

GITS aren' t movies, they' re TV episodes. They are however widescreen as you say.

Actually those are movies not the Stand Alone Complex series for TV.
And those 2 belong to the best movies I' ve ever seen.

Sure - I wouldn' t get a TV for watching music videos all day - I' d rather play games :)

dkazt

• Total Posts : 2
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 06, 2006 23:43
Sega will always be Sega or so it seems?

I pretty knew that Sega is suffering mostly to renovate and innovate their image to their established gamers-fan base. The hay-days of the DC is amazing but not without ups and downs. This is also true during the later period of The MEgadrive and Genesis Console systems. Still, Sega is pushing much of its resolurces to fullfill and feed the necessities which by the way they really lacking during Sega Saturn.

and as much of most of its games being produced by non-sega R and D. this is due of their goal to enrich their relationships with outside developers. I see nothing wrong and bizzare to that. besides, I am hoping that one day, Sega' s glory will be back.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 90

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message