Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What is wrong with SEGA?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 90
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 03:22
Namco has always been great. Tekken, Soul Blade, Air Combat, old Tales games, Ridge Racer for the PS1 and the first Time Crisis. They all made me say WOW!
I' ve always prefered Daytona USA more than Sega Rally. Is that retarded? Is something wrong with me?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 30 Jan 06 19:23:59 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 03:25
This Website is Generating a " 500" Error on the Server
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The page you have requested cannot be displayed Due to an error

ASP Error ' ASP 0113' occurred 1/30/2006 7:24:36 PM in Active Server Pages
Error number: -2147467259 (0x80004005)
File: /postpro.asp
Script timed out
ASP reports: The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Return to the previous page

FFS,now i tried to write my message 7 times... :S

ginjirou i get the same problem as you :S
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 30 Jan 06 19:26:08 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 03:26
Yeah, it' s beginning to get on my nerves. ADAM DO SOMETHING OR GIVE US YOUR DIVINE GUIDANCE!!!!
Phoenix87

• Total Posts : 33
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 03:27

I' ve always prefered Daytona USA more than Sega Rally. Is that retarded? Is something wrong with me?

They' re very different as games so... no I guess we can call you " special" .

Love em both, Daytona USA was great.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 03:29
Daytona is cool - especially the arcade version.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 03:34

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Yeah, it' s beginning to get on my nerves. ADAM DO SOMETHING OR GIVE US YOUR DIVINE GUIDANCE!!!!

Try refreshing your browser before you reply. It' s just timing out.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 08:42

You' re not the only one.. In fact, I never could stand the Sega Rally series. The only Sega Rally game I liked was the original Saturn version but ONLY when the game disc was spinning in my Discman and I was enjoying those kickass tunes on the go

Now Daytona USA 1 & 2, now those were racers I could sink my teeth into. Man did I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beginner track theme song in Daytona USA 2!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 08:48
While SEGA will always and forever be my favorite game developer, Altered Beast for the PS2 almost made me cry. I was like WHAT THE F**K IS THIS???????????

To me, Sega was CONSISTENTLY an AWESOME, SUPERB developer during the Sega Saturn era. They had a few disappointments like Hang-On GP ' 95 and Shin Shinobi Den but MAN did they have a bunch of gold mines..

The Dreamcast era saw a few Sega goodies as well but not like the Saturn era where they seemed to consistently pump out games that I greatly enjoyed at home and at the arcades.

Ever since they went 3rd party something' s been lost, I haven' t seen much from them that I enjoyed all that much. There were a few trickles of decent to good games here and there but no barrage of goodies! One of their highlights no doubt had to be the Amusement Vision developed, F-Zero GX, which I thought was pretty kickass.

And speaking of Amusement Vision, despite my undying love for Sega, I will NEVER forgive Amusement Vision for f***ing up the legacy of Space Harrier with that slow-moving, boring piece-of-$hitte wannabe sequel, PLANET HARRIERS... The original Space Harrier is one of the top 5 greatest games of all time to me and If I ever get the chance to talk to Yu Suzuki again I need to ask him WHY, WHY did he not work on the ' update' himself, WHY did he not RESCUE the project from the grip of Amusement Vision!? lol..

Argh, I can' t think about Planet Harriers anymore or I' ll become depressed!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 12:03
Have you ever played Panorama Cotton? It' s like Space Harrier on acid.

I like daytona better than Sega Rally. Sega rAlly on the Saturn kicks ass. Sega Rally 2 on the Dreamcast pretty much sucks ass. Daytona on the Dreamcast kicks ass. That was Amusement Vision. Super Monkey Ball kicks ass... on the Gamecube ONLY! Trust me on that one.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Jan 31, 2006 20:37
Someone mentioned Tekken... I laughed a few years back when Tekken 4 went up against Virtua fighter 4 and all the UK PS2 mags were shocked that VF4 wiped the floor with it. Funny, I' ve known for a while the Virtua Fighter games are better but I' ve never really gotten along with Tekken. I did buy number 5 but it' s remained relatively unplayed.
]GaNgStA[

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 03, 2006 07:34
I' m going to check T5 after I play enough of Soul Calibur 3 - I got bored with Tekkens after T3 (that game was really one of my favourites at the time) - the competition like DOA2 and SC for DC made it hard to come back to this " not that popular anymore" franchise
Nitro

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 03, 2006 08:17
Tekken Tag Tournament was ok but not as good as i hoped. Tekken 4 tried some different stuff but ended up being pretty dire. Tekken 5 goes all the way back to the way Tekken 3 played (Tekken, Tekken 2 & Tekken 3 are included as extras, with all the characters unlocked from the start).

Tekken 5 is really good. I was suprised when i first got it but it' s definately the best Tekken yet (it' s not quite as pretty as Soul Calibur 3, but close). It' s the best weapon free fighter on PS2, better than VF4:EVO in my book.

I prefer DoA4 though (not just because it' s so attractive) because i prefer faster fighting games (KOF over Street Fighter too), but Tekken 5 is the fastest and hardest Tekken so far!

Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 03, 2006 10:17
Sega probally is more suited to work on their own home console because I believe
they knew the customers a lot better And they definately had more freedom.

Aside from Shining Force Neo +- Tears I' ve only bought games that were in
some form on DC.
F-Zero (does it count?)
They seem to be heading towards better games though.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 03, 2006 21:21
SEGA have seemed to have lost their touch, and that special magic which filled their games not so long ago. Just compare Sonic Adventure to Sonic Heroes.

However, VF5 looks awesome and OutRun2 proves they' ve still got it. I feel though that they simply want to make money off franchises rather than create totally amazing games. Not all of SEGA' s teams are like this though and once they are set making a healthy profit I feel the quality and love will come back.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 02:06
TBH, since the dreamcast died (not with me, i still have it connected to my Projector rig via VGA-out) and SEGA went multi-format they had to more or less drop its ' creative' mode and think mostly ' business' ..

SEGA dev-teams had too much freedom beforehand and was banging out some of the most fresh and exciting games out of all developers at the time..

Now since the big re-shuffle and less creative freedom we are not seeing this anymore.

I don' t agree with:

Daytona on the Dreamcast kicks ass

Graphics-wise it was pretty good but the gameplay of the original Daytona was lost.. Im a massive daytona fan and the dreamcast version didnt play anything like it was over twitchy and the more advanced power slides from the arcade original were totally non-existent....

Sega rally on Saturn, now that kicked ass in gameplay terms.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 02:38
...yeah, most people stopped caring after Sega stopped making consoles....

...they are just another mediocre games publisher now...

...probably be a good idea to move on... ..embrace the future...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 3 Feb 06 19:12:19 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 02:51

Tekken 5 is really good. I was suprised when i first got it but it' s definately the best Tekken yet (it' s not quite as pretty as Soul Calibur 3, but close). It' s the best weapon free fighter on PS2, better than VF4:EVO in my book.

I prefer DoA4 though (not just because it' s so attractive) because i prefer faster fighting games (KOF over Street Fighter too), but Tekken 5 is the fastest and hardest Tekken so far!

Obviously ur not after a technical well-made fighting system..

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 3 Feb 06 18:53:42 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 05:44

F-Zero (does it count?)

Definitely - I should' ve mentioned that - this is an AAA title.

Obviously ur not after a technical well-made fighting system..

VF is not well made it is the perfect hardcore fighter - It' s hard to get people to play with you since you can massacre every noob if you have some skills.

That' s why I like DoA series , Soul Calibur - people love to play those games with you (and you can give them some chances by choosing characters you don' t have experience with :) )

DoA' s system is briliant - u need to learn the reversals and that' s it - all it takes is some thinking and trying to realize what your opponents think.Add to this that if you have trained any form of fightinig like boxing or whatever -it' s exactly what it' s all about.

I play SC3 with my girl all the time and she loves it.Sure she looks at me strange when I pick Taki or Ivy (I' m finishing her really fast with them) but I rarely do so :)

I' m not playing to show I' m the ultimate fighter of 2006 - I just want to have as much fun as possible.

Anyway Virtua Fighter 5 looks so sweet I won' t say a bad word about it - I want to play this bad boy ASAP.

It would make sense if they made it online - that way I wouldn' t have to think how hard it is for my friends - I could go stick to stick with pro' s :)

I' m trying t get a decent Arcade stick now - the one for SC2 (the universal one) gets great reviews , but my true love is the special edition aniversary Street Fighter stick (check lik sang) - it RULES.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 3 Feb 06 21:50:13 >
Nitro

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 05:59
While i have nothing whatsoever against the VF series (VF5 is one of my most anticipated games), Tekken 5 was something of a turnaround for the series. Tekken Tag Tournament was ok but i preferred SC2 and VF:4, then Tekken 4 sucked in my opinion, but Tekken 5 went back to a better system, is faster and more balanced than any previous Tekken.

Evo is a great game and sure i love a technical fighting system, but i' ll played Tekken 5 and DoAU more. DoA up until 4 was too easy. Now that they' ve re-configured the moves some and made reversals much harder to pull off, it' s a much more technical game.

While Gangsta' s girlfriend will evidently play Soul Calibur 3, mine won' t, ...she won' t play any 3d fighter. She does however kick my ass at KOF2002/3!!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: What is wrong with SEGA? - Feb 04, 2006 06:08
let her try - the gameplay will make her play it :)

Minbe didn' t want to play games like that she said shit like " I like only racing games" and good old Gangsta told her to try it (alright alrigth) ...made her to try it and she now loves the 3D fighting games as well.

:)

You really got me intrigued with that Tekken 5 love - I definitely have to speed up my plans of trying it.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 90

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message