Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 59
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 16, 2006 06:16
Stolen from the Gamefaqs PSP board:

http://outerspace.terra.com.br/interno.php?area=not_est&cod_noticia=4685

Source, for those who can read portuguese. Translation Follows.

" NAMCO CONFIRMS TEKKEN DARK RESSURECTION FOR PSP

After leaving a small teaser on famitsu revealing the development of a new tekken game for PSP, namco has confirmed offcially, through the new edition of the magazine, that the game in really on its way to the portable.

It´s name will be Tekken Dark Ressurection which shows that the game will be very similar to the last arcade installment, Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection. Until this moment, there is the confirmation of 30 fighters, between them Armor King, and many playing modes, such as time attack, practice, mini-games and multiplayer

Dark Resurrection for PSP will be realeased in the beginning of 2006

PICS for TEKKEN 5:DR on PSP

http://sylphys.ddo.jp/upld2nd/game2/src/1140014273599.jpg

Additional Famitsu screens:
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=10051&table=game_psp&main=psp

Additional bits of thievery:

Release - summer 2006
Price - unknown

It' s based on arcade version of Tekken 5:DR

Producer: Nakatani Hajime

- Confirmed mode: Timeattack, Practice, Mini game
- 35 characters
- New arcade opening included
- Network versus battle(online)
- More custom items added

Come on Namco, give us the full scoop soon!

Both the Tekken and Virtua Fighter PSP rumors emerged at the same time and now Tekken has finally been confirmed. Could it be that a PSP Virtua Fighter is next? Please say it IS so!!!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 15 Feb 06 22:32:14 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 16, 2006 06:21
^5 Terry!

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 16, 2006 06:52
the funny thing is that the confirmed official name is Tekken : Dark Ressurection (without 5 in it) - I wonder if that means anything

Anyway it looks fantastic - But I wanted to see Soul Calibur , the DC version ported :)
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 17, 2006 06:55
...wouldn' t it be far better to release Dark Resurrection on PS3?...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 16 Feb 06 22:55:39 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 17, 2006 07:01
The engine for both SC3 and T5 is optimised for PS2 - that means that PSP should be able to run a scaled down version of it after some changes are made.

I think it takes a lot of time/work/money to make anything for Cell - especially now at the begining.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 16 Feb 06 23:02:16 >
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 17, 2006 08:00

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...wouldn' t it be far better to release Dark Resurrection on PS3?...

...wouldn' t it be far better to release Tekken 6 on PS3?...
Bishonen

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 17, 2006 08:17
....i dunno.. ..is a sixth sequel such a big deal?...

...Resurrection seems more interesting...
Terry Bogard

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 17, 2006 13:53
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060217/dr.htm

Fear teh powah of teh Pee Ess Pee!!1!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 17, 2006 17:48
lookin good eh? :)

Anyone wants to say something about PSP being as " powerful" as PS2?

Thought so :)
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 17, 2006 22:33
Gangsta, that' s a stupid comment considering you know the PSPs' CPU is capped at the moment!
Bishonen

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 00:21
...hey, are Dragnov and Lili the only new characters in resurrection?...
Terry Bogard

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 03:04

Anyone wants to say something about PSP being as " powerful" as PS2?

Oh I' ll reiterate it again!

On paper AND as Sony stated themselves, the PSP is in some ways more powerful and other ways comparable to the PS2.

Sony said it, they made both products, and not many are in the position to question it
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 04:35
Tekken looks very downgraded which is only to be expected. It' s still probably the best looking PSP game so far by looking at the screens.

Nobody can expect it to look as good as the PS2 game as the PSP can only draw half as many polygons a second.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 17 Feb 06 20:37:10 >
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 06:20
THE PSPs' CPU is CAPPED!!!!!

For now at least. The position Sony was in when it launched PSP was complex, in that they couldn' t really risk launching a handheld that outperformed their still selling well home console because. They capped the PSPs' CPU to 222mhz which results in the unit performing " worse" than the PS2.

The ' actual' clock rate is 333mhz and it wil be uncapped at some point (with a firmware update included on the GT4 UMD no doubt) which will give the unit a huge processing boost.

Anyone who' s been messing about with emulator on their PSP will already know that the processor can be ramped up to 333mhz, but that it drains the battery much quicker.

When bigger (better/longer lasting) batteries are made available, and when PS3 is almost out (because it then makes PS2 fairly redundant) Sony will uncap the PSP and the games will be at the very least on a par with PS2 titles.

Like Terry said, on paper, the PSP outperforms PS2. But on paper the PSP' s CPU is shown as 333mhz and not the 222mhz it' s currently running at!
Terry Bogard

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 06:35
Some hobbyist game developer who supposedly has ' some' *connections*/inside info once made the claim that it' s the PSP development kits that are limited to 222 mhz at this point and that the cap will be lifted through the dev kits. I don' t know how accurate her info is or whether it will indeed be uncapped through a firmware update or a combination of both, All I know is that Sony needs to hurry up and provide developers with FULL access to the PSP' s power. I don' t care if it lowers the battery life to 40 minutes, I wanna see developers start taking advantage of the unit' s power and show us what it' s really capable of without the thought of battery life even popping into their heads! (everyone gives Terry a dirty look and scream at him to shut up!)

I know Sony wants developers to become more efficient coders by programming within their self-imposed constraints but come on Sony, what' s another 111 mhz gonna hurt huh? ;). It' ll probably make for significantly better PS2 to PSP ports.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 17 Feb 06 22:36:47 >
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 07:19
The ports would be a world better, but since the battery came under fire before launch and running at 333mhz drains it so fast, i can see why they haven' t uncapped it.

It' s definately capped though and it was Sony who announced it during GDC last year. They said it was done to lengthen the batterys' life.

Overheating concerns have also been cited as a possible reason for the cap. Some early adopters reported the unit' s overheating and crashing as a result. The cap was put into place shortly afterwards.

Ken Kutaragi, compared the system to the Walkman, in that battery life will be improved with each product revision, and has outlined some steps (switching to a different fabrication process, for example) which will be used to improve the system' s endurance. Currently the PSP' s CPU is fabricated using a 90-nm process, but eventually Sony will shift to 65-nm and 45-nm when the technology becomes available.

I hope that clears it up. When the PSP is uncapped, developers will be able to get more out of the machine, ...and at that time they will have the added advantage of having had more time to get used to the hardware and will have developed the techniques required to really push the machine to render graphics akin to PS2.
Kyo.k

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 07:42
That may be so, but the PSP will never match any of the high level PS2 titles like Soul Calibur 3, VF4 Evo and MGS3, as the machines polygon performance is much less.

Sony themselves announced that the PSP draws a theoretical maximum of 33 million polygons per sec, and the PS2 66 million. In reality the number for PS2 hovers around the 9 - 10 million mark in game at high level with complex effects, and the PSP would be roughtly 5 - 6 million.

Obviously a greater use of effects could hide the lower poly count, much like Resident Evil 4 on GCN and PS2. Getting to a similar level to the upper end of mid range PS2 visuals will be possible, but as for looking the same as the high end stuff... No Chance.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 08:15

Gangsta, that' s a stupid comment considering you know the PSPs' CPU is capped at the moment!

Oh please :)

So what? I don' t think a bit (yes it' s not that much) of a clock speed boost can suddenly change everything ,do you ?

Sony says that PSP is like PS2 and they speak the truth cause they made both...Now I don' t think you realise what you' re saying :)

Killzone Demo realtime? they sure said it , and it' s them who made it ( I mean paid for the CG)

Thank god there are people like KYO.K here :)
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 08:42
A third isn' t exactly " a bit" !

Ignore what Sony say then and go look at the benchmark peformances that show the specs to be better than PS2.

I deal with this shit day in and day out with my course, and Terry' s living is games based. YOU are going to tell US that YOU know more about the subject than US?

Oh please :)
Kyo.k

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 18, 2006 08:57
The numbers of real-time in game polygon performance were quoted directly by developers not Sony. And the PSP' s polygon performance is widely known through the development community as being noticeably weaker than PS2 level.

I wasn' t comparing the level of effects between the two as in that respect the PSP is more capable. Devs have spoken out about these things in interviews you know, it' s not exactly stuff anyone but Sony' s trying to hide.

< Message edited by kyo.k -- 18 Feb 06 0:59:45 >
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 59

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread