Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!!
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 59 of 59
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 20, 2006 02:52

Yeah, pretty much, and the PS3 DOES have a processor advantage, but 360 has a GPU advantage.

That also needs to be confirmed with games -since it' s just what Sony and MS are saying.

Revolution haters where and are all over thos place - should' ve been here when they showed the controller :)

" oh I will get tired playing it"

" how will I play fighting games"

" nintendo has betrayed me"

seriously

Really? I expected this to be THE place where Revolution had support. Well assuming the same hardcore gamers that grew up reading SSM and then SegaWeb were still here.

It' s good to be open minded about new things.

I was thinking the same thing back in the days the answer is :

No Sir.

Most guys here didn' t play as much on nintendo systems as they did on PC.
That' s why Xbox is so popular here-it' s a bridge for PC gamers to taste the console experience in PC style :) And it' s great cause this way they are tempted to try other titles like DoA and stuff - and see how cool these are .

But there are a lot of gamers with great knowledge here.

I can' t say anything about Revolution and Sex since my girl reads this forum from time to time :)

(I can tell you that I have a special idea for that little hole everyone' s been talking about)
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 19 Feb 06 18:55:00 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 20, 2006 03:08

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Revolution haters where and are all over thos place - should' ve been here when they showed the controller :)

" oh I will get tired playing it"

" how will I play fighting games"

" nintendo has betrayed me"

seriously

Hehe, I felt like I was the only one who actually liked the new controller. You should read my posts were I desperately tried to explain why Nintendos new controller was so great.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 20, 2006 04:25
No, it' s NOT just what Sony and Microsoft are saying at all.

Sony says PS3 is twice as powerful in all areas than 360, ...and Microsoft are saying that 360 is more powerful and easier to develop for.

Yeah, pretty much, and the PS3 DOES have a processor advantage, but 360 has a GPU advantage.

THAT, is what DEVELOPERS are saying. And not just developers who are working with just one of the two consoles, but developers who are working with both.

Anybody who understands the specs can see it anyway. Generally someone sees higher numbers and think it must be better or whatever, but unless you understand what does exactly what and how and exactly what the output would be when that component if combined with another, ...then you can only hypothesize.

I know how a PS2 works because i get to play about with their insides daily and do all kind of funky shit. I can tell you that PS2 has a phenomenal amount of bandwidth which is one of the reasons why PS2 games advance visually so often and why they have far surpassed even Sony' s own predictions.

Because i get to sit in a lab and have to look at games technology on a regular basis, that gives me an understanding of what does what.

PS3 has a CPU advantage and 360 has a GPU advantage, why is that so hard to believe?!

As for Revolution, ...you won' t be disappointed with it' s graphical capabilities. The gap between 360/PS3 and NR will be less than you expect because Revolution just does things in a slightly different way.

Obvilion is a nice looking game yes?! Well i fully expect similar results from the best NR games (about 2/3 years after launch), and while 360 will have far surpassed that by then, it wouldn' t exactly make NR redundant would it.

BTW, Adam has information about Revolution that he' s not allowed to talk about. Perhaps we could ask him to read through ths stuff and see if he' s permitted to tell us that it' s incorrect or " unlikely" , rather than trying to get him to tell us what it is...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 20, 2006 05:25

Hehe, I felt like I was the only one who actually liked the new controller. You should read my posts were I desperately tried to explain why Nintendos new controller was so great.

I did - I do remember my allies :)

Majik - for now Xbox devs are saying it' s much more powerful.Guys at Ati do the same , even IGN360 channel says so.

On the other side you have devs that were interviewed with kikizo (PS3 hands-on) , Yu Suzuki and some other PS3 devs saying it' s way more powerful.

And then there are guys like that developer from Sony who got fired for his dissapointment with PS3 comparing to 360.

It really is a mess - now sure ,you can judge it by specs , but how can you compare two CPU' s that are completely different?
Or 2 GPU' s that use completely different technology - with one of them being a completely new and original design ?
What' s more - we' ve all heard what RSX is going to be - yet still that wasn' t detailed enough info.

You can' t judge performance by specs that' s what it' s all about.

It is impossible without using benchmarking tools.

The only ones who told you how powerfull Cell is for gaming, are Sony executives.

You could be right when you say games for PS3 won' t be looking as good as those for 360 at the begining , but you could be wrong since RSX is based on a well known architecture (and PS2 had it all terribly hard and " original" ) of GeForce cards and CPU has one core exactly the same as the 3 cores of 360 (which is a power PC G4 based CPU).

Anyway I think everyone should wait with their judgement on " what is what" untill PS3 is out and tested.

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 19 Feb 06 21:31:00 >
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 20, 2006 08:01
Huh?

Err, just because YOU don' t understand the specs, that doesn' t mean others don' t!

And RSX is what we know it to be

The RSX GPU has a 550MHz core clock and has over 300 million transistors. It' s said to be more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra cards working in SLI. They simply doubled the 400MHz to 550Mhz. 24 pipelines and 300 million transistors and, at 550MHz, has just a slightly larger fill-rate than two GeForce 6800 Ultras clocked at 400MHz. It also 6 more vertex pipes in addition to the 24 pixel pipelines.

BUT, 360 has almost double the amount of pipelines, over 300 million transistors and a clock speed of 500MHz. 360 DEFINATELY has a GPU advantage.

But, like i said, PS3 has a CPU advantage so it kinda balances out.

360 has a memory and bandwidth advantage which makes it a technically more proficient machine. But while 360 games WILL look more polished for the 1st and possibly 2nd generation of PS3 games, the PS3 will almost definately surpass it in terms of thing happening on screen because of how CELL is made up.

You talk about 360' s CPU being power PC based, ...well dumbass, bloody CELL is power PC based!!!

I' m sick of all this. REVOLUTION will KICK both SONYS & MICROSOFTS corporate giant ASSES!!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 20, 2006 18:29

The RSX GPU has a 550MHz core clock and has over 300 million transistors. It' s said to be more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra cards working in SLI. They simply doubled the 400MHz to 550Mhz. 24 pipelines and 300 million transistors and, at 550MHz, has just a slightly larger fill-rate than two GeForce 6800 Ultras clocked at 400MHz. It also 6 more vertex pipes in addition to the 24 pixel pipelines.

whatever - I believe it when I have it in a retail version.

It' s said to be more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra cards working in SLI

Oh Sony said so? MAybe you' ve been pluged into Matrix for too long (I bet you can since Kutaragi said so about PS2)

You talk about 360' s CPU being power PC based, ...well dumbass, bloody CELL is power PC based!!!

Majik- now you' ve made a complete fool of yourself my friend :)

you should know that Xbox Cpu is totally Power PC based

It' s more Power PC based than Cell actually (since it has 3 POWER PC G4 based cores and cell has one) Even more - The one General Purpouse Core of Cell is almost the same as those 3 cores of 360' s CPU.

Why do you think they previewed games on PowerMacs at the begining?

Now I know all the stuff about specs you' re flooding me with - I' m just saying it can change - comparing specs is useless and everyone who knows a bit about it will tell you that.

Overall system performance is what counts the most.You think you know PS3 specs?
You don' t - these are not final and while those can be final, they could be changed tomorrow.

You think you know the performance cause Sony measured them? Well GO YOU :)

But yes I never doubted 360 when it comes to GPU - it should be much better on it' s own comparing to GPU of PS3 (on it' s own).

We shall see Mister Not-So-Educated-after-all :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 20 Feb 06 10:45:21 >
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 20, 2006 21:18
The specs can' t change. If devs have the final dev-kits, which they do then the specs can' t change. Why do you think developers have been reporting lower performance than Sony had led people to believe?!

I guess you' re one of those people who expect Sony to tone down their specs next month at DevStation?!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 20, 2006 23:07
...hey, are Dragnov and Lili the only new characters in resurrection?...
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 01:00
Supposedly. Whether or not they will include any others or not i don' t know. It' s at least 2 more than the 30+ in Tekken 5 anyway so i' m not going to complain!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 02:13

If devs have the final dev-kits, which they do

maybe - they don' t really know what' s inside those devkits, and not many of them have final kits.

I don' t know about downgrading spec' s - but I wouldn' t be surprised.
Still I think it' s not going to happen.

Why do you think developers have been reporting lower performance than Sony had led people to believe?!

I don' t know, I haven' t really heard anyone say that officialy - I bet you haven' t too - cause you like to change rumours and speculation into facts.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 20 Feb 06 18:14:30 >
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 02:29
Since most developers are bound by information disclosure policies, pretty much everything is treated as speculation and rumour. Everything including fact!

ginjirou

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 02:49
You guys keep talking about the dev-kits but you never talk about the developers. I' m only interested in what Capcom, Polyphony Digital and Namco says about the dev-kits. Most of the other developers are amateurs by comparison so I don' t care about them. Good developers at Capcom or Namco can make a game look fantastic no matter how bad the dev-kits are.
And you keep talking about the damn specs again. Developers have rarely begun realizing what to do with the 360 and the PS3 isn' t even finished yet. Let' s say that the specs for the PS3 are actually true, wouldn' t it be possible for Sony to create a way of getting those crap power components working in harmony?
What about the Rev dev-kits then? How good were the dev-kits for the GC? I mean, I can' t say we saw any particular graphical improvements on the GC except for RE4 which should mean that Nintendo has got the best dev-kits.

Did Sony ever say something like " look at this Killzone video, this is exactly how every PS3 launch game will look" ? DIdn' t they say something more vague about the demos that was more like " this is running on the same technology as the PS3 but we can' t guarantie the same performance" ...?
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 03:08
You' re right about developers only now really sitting down and thinking about the best way to approach the multi-threaded architecture of both unit' s processors. It' ll be jit and miss for a while, and just when they think it' s running at 100% efficiency they' ll find another way that will allow them to do things better and faster.

It' ll take time for things to really shine but the good thing is that the longer developers are working with the hardware the better the games will look. Xbox didn' t really see a graphical advancement over it' s lifespan, certainly not anything that would blow you away, but both PS3 and 360 will.

RE4 was unique in that it is easily the best looking GC game but doesn' t actually push the hardware to its limits. Capcom used advanced bump mapping to make everything look so good. They did what they do best and made use of the consoles best features.

Nintendo have come up with and patented a new type of bump mapping that will be used in games for Revolution, and should allow them to look much nicer than everyone expects. Developing the console in such a way gives developers much more freedom and available crunching power to use for other parts of the game rather tha worrying about hi-res, textures and millions of polys' . Like i said, i fully expect Revolution games to look at least as good as 360 launch titles and maybe even go further than that.
ginjirou

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 03:11
Cool.
Here' s Something about the PS3s specs not being finished:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/690/690176p1.aspx

" some areas of the system' s specifications have yet to be finalized"
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 03:43
No, it' s the same thing that was hinted at in early January and something i have previously brought up.

Basically, the hardware as far as the dev-kits are concerned is complete, but since they' re huge and generate a lot of heat, Sony is having problems making everything fit and keeping it cool. That' s why the cases shown at E3/TGS & CES were empty. The console, as even reported in the Kikizo hands' on is possibly going to be larger than what was shown to us already.

It doesn seem though that there may be a little more too it. Good work digging that out!

i see Sony having it much harder than last time. Think about it this way, ...when PS3 launches, probably towards the end of the year in the US and Japan and early next year, maybe even Spring for Europe, ...not only will Revolution be launching (and after E3 everyone will want one, i have no doubts...) but 360 will be in full swing, with a large userbase and some huge games hitting.

I don' t know how anyone expected them to release in Spring anyway, even in Japan. Sony are just doing whatever they can to keep people from jumping on the 360 bandwagon.
ginjirou

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 03:52
That bandwagon broke the same moment all the stores went out off stock on 360s
Nitro

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 03:56
Nah, people are already waiting for the next batch. While there' s no proof, i think it was all tactical.

Money couldn' t buy the publicity that the shortages brought. It' s seen as a highly wanted item and when they come back into stock proper people will snatch them quickly.
ginjirou

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 04:03

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

It' s seen as a highly wanted item

Yeah, go tell that to a japanese guy .
]GaNgStA[

RE: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming to PSP!!! - Feb 21, 2006 07:33
And to those who were really really dissapointed - so dissapointed infact that many will say FUCK YOU MS for those cancelled preorders.

Can' t blame them.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 59 of 59

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread