Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sonic' s new look, explained.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 53
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 04:12
Because the last forum was locked, i had to start a new one to explain why sonic appears to look taller and thinner.
I read sonic team is interested in having sonic age, and seeing as sonic was about 13 in the first game, sonic would appear to be in his late 20s.
In the next gen game, if we see more staple charactors, like tails.
They might appear older as well.
end/
< Message edited by whiteguysamurai -- 3 May 06 20:15:03 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 04:32
Well Sonic aging might explain why his games don' t seem as fast ^_^ maybe as they go they will slow him down, give him a heard and a more mario style gameplay....

Bring back the old sonic... They will i' m sure, when the new ones suck they will re-release the compliations, good thing for ps3, probbaly 360 too.... but they could release every sonic/related game on 1 disc, inclusing the adventure games etc....
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 04:55
Yeah I thought he looked thinner and taller but abd aging sonic..hmmm I wonder if they would make a sonic game with them in a retirement home...seriously I think it might be good the only thing I didn' t really like was when they made him ' super sonic' dunno why but I though it was so cheesy and kinda bore inducing.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 05:11
Next Gen Sonic certainly is the way forwards, he looks a hell of a lot better than his Dreamcast counterpart. Hopefully the other characters will also have changed slightly to better fit the world. There have been a few new screens shown in magazines recently, this game is looking better each time

http://www.ethereal-ghost.net/Vyers/Pictures/sthoxmscan.jpg

As for the sense of speed... it may have slowed a little in Heroes and grind to a halt with Shadow but Sonic Rush is easily the fastest Sonic game I can remember for a long time. More of that please.
uumai

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 05:58
true that 2d sonic games have retained their speed, sega should just do a next gen ultra 2d (anime looking) HD sonic, including all the previous sonics upgrades..

and if not just keep the game 2.5D 3d 2d, make it just like the originals.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 06:49
Tails is too cute to age, leave him alone Sonic Team!!!! I don' t care if you have Sonic grow a mustache and beard to show his age but leave Tails alone dammit!!!!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 07:21
Cute? Terry sometimes I worry about you.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 08:50
tails is cute actually :)

I don' t think Sonic is going to age - it' s like making Mario older - means - IT makes no sense.

I think it' s hard to judge it now, since they only showed the engine and some 3d models -gameplay is still a mystery, hopefully it will be revealed to us this year at E3.
whiteguysamurai

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 11:00
Oh, if tails ages, i' m sure they will have some other cute animal based mascot to replace him.

When Naoto oshima left sega/sonicteam he took his trademark style with him, so sonicteam was forced to change sonic just enough as to not infringe on oshima' s art style.
Or so i' m led to believe.
Anyway, sonic next gen might be either a re-imagining of the first game, or something all together differant, and i suspect eggman might not even be in this game.

But then again, the japanese fanbase are what keeps sonic from being great, because they keep demanding more from the team, bring back this character, we like shadow,knuckles,amy,tails and the list goes on till the core gameplay suffers.

I think if they make sonic for what he once was, and only him will the franchise survive.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 11:59

Cute? Terry sometimes I worry about you.

Dude, Tails is ADORABLE! And that' s all there is to that
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 16:32
Mmmmm and somehow i take it that most people would find it less worrying if tails was a girl, but you know what, id find that even more worrying (though iv had my fair share of crushes on cartoon characters, i especially remember a female lizard from Turtles, wow )
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 18:32

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Mmmmm and somehow i take it that most people would find it less worrying if tails was a girl, but you know what, id find that even more worrying (though iv had my fair share of crushes on cartoon characters, i especially remember a female lizard from Turtles, wow )

...weird!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 4 May 06 10:33:46 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 19:15

...weird!

Sums it up quite well!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 19:25
i' m not sure about this... (not the terry tails thing!) but I eman aging charecters in general, unless there is a strong narrative linking the episodes.

the best thing I like about these games is that they are timeless, unless he is a lifelong friend, I dont want him to get old! Cartoon charecters dont ages, and neither does sam fisher, so why should one of the largest gaming icons out there!

bring back sonic team games like the sega consoles had I say!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 20:48
1up has some info about gameplay - it' s going to have exploration parts like Sonic Adventure and quick and crazy action stages like every other sonic.

I really loved SA - and I' d love to see this new one done this way ...but done right.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 4 May 06 12:48:33 >
whiteguysamurai

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 04, 2006 22:07
If you play sonic adventure, in amy' s story.
She will have a sentimental moment showing the old sonic, saying they used to have so much fun..Or something to that effect.
What' s most important is, she clearly states it was awhile back, and that was the " old" sonic.
I' m not so concerned with how sonic looks these days, i am however concerned at how he plays and why he' s talking.
Sonicteam has no idea how annoying sonic' s games sound, so in my opinion i would rather sonic not talk at all, and perhaps cut some of those 500 supporting characters sonicteam seems insistant on forcing us to use.

I mean, the shadow games stunk, but not just because it was a bad game, with a bad concept, because it' s not sonic, but a crappy clone.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 05, 2006 05:46

I don' t think Sonic is going to age - it' s like making Mario older - means - IT makes no sense.

I found some new info and you were right they want to age him a bit , to make him look adult - not old but grown up.His proportions are similar to adult humans proportions now.

It looks nice - I hope it works as good as SA1 ...

Anyway SEGA' s got some awesome announcements lately - maybe those crappy shitty games they were making gave them enough profits to actually do something right.

I sure hope so...

whiteguysamurai

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 05, 2006 06:02
this also means tails will have similar perportions to the old sonic.

Maybe even his own game.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 05, 2006 15:57
So far only Sonic and Eggman have been spoken about from the old games. There' s a princess and a new hedgehog rival who' s apparently playable. Tails and Knuckles are too popular to forget about. If they aren' t in this new game I can see them getting a game of their own. They may also appear in cut scenes like Amy in SA2, or be NPC' s in the ' towns' , the Adventure like stages being mentioned.

Apparently there is going to be some Sonic X-Box Live content over E3, fingers crossed for a demo but more likely a nice trailer.
uumai

RE: Sonic' s new look, explained. - May 05, 2006 23:38
All the support characters should be cut. Barring, perhaps, the MD originals. I really don' t like/or understand how all these hyped up amazingly coloured different hedgehogs keep coming about.

If you read the old sonic comics back when they would explain sonics blueness etc, and while a bit strange - it worked. How are all these other random appearing from nowhere characters having sonic' s speed? It was better when Eggman created the likes of metalix, and the sub-boss from Sonic 2.

It was simplier back then, run save the furry animals (Who may or may not have been on ' Mobius' - remember that?) against Eggman/Robotnik. Suddently Sonic (Who I might remind you is a blue hedgehog), surrounded by a dozen lame-ass wanna-bes, runs to talk to the president to save planet Earth.

They should focus on just making a Sonic-only game with some kick ass (2/3 act) levels that focus on speed with a few alternate routes. The game doesn' t need to be 30hours or something, if it is good (Much like the classics) then people will be happy to play it over and over, trying to beat old times or just simply for the hell of it.

People expect too much these days - it has to do this, be like that, last for xx hours, so on and so forth. It is ruining Sonic. Because if sonic team don' t abide, the reviews will knock it down for not having all the aforementioned ' criteria' .
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message