Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shenmue 3: Anything new?
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 7 of 9, messages 121 to 140 of 171
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 26, 2006 23:23
....could i have my burger done medium rare please?.....
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 26, 2006 23:44
Isn' t the theme for tgs this year new generation new.........something or other can' t remember but I dunno if shenmue would get a look in, I hope so but if anything I think it might be the online crap mentioned.
Silas

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 01:21
For the greatest game of all time, you' d think there' d be something at any rate, to preserve the original game on a more up-to-date console. I have gone through about three or four Dreamcasts just so I never lose the ability to play the first game, which was unique in so many ways - and still stands up very well against any other human-character video game I' ve ever seen. Nobody else ever programmed NPCs the way Yu did. The game is seven years old and on a long-superceded console, and yet uses on-the-fly character animation techniques which have rarely been matched, let alone bettered. I couldn' t give a flying monkeys if the only people that bought it were me and ten other people from the Dojo. The Game. Deserves. Better.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 01:27
*Gives Silas a Golden Globe for his speech...*

*sniff* *sniff* beautiful..
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 02:08
As i said,i thinkl there has been talk about putting out shenmue and put a end into it with the third installment.

However SEGA is co-developing a lot of games and publish a lot of games,and i think it' s up to how well these games sells before Shenmue3 will shows up or not.
Tiz

RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 02:15
Like the turn of the millenium, clocks will stop at the release of Shenmue 3.

I know mine will, in fact, life won' t really matter, neither will consoles or food.

For 2 weeks, I will live in that game.

*Schoolgirl mode*

I CAN' T WAIT! I LOVE IT!!!! <shrieks in delight>
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 02:15
Since it' s guarantied that we fans will pay anything for it, can' t they just release Shenmue 3 with a $150 price tag? I' d buy it
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 26 Jun 06 18:16:22 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 04:08
...hold the mayo please... ....and could i have extra cheese and tomatoes?....
Tiz

RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 04:12
lol @ bishonen
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 06:02
Even Moore knows that we have at least 5000 die hard fans not normal fans...for Shenmue

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30760

But heyyyy...Peter Mooooooooreeeee there is more die hard Shenmue fans than you' re talking about...You can see just 38451 of them here
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?shen1986

BTW Nice speech in page 16 " Silas!"
< Message edited by alimn -- 26 Jun 06 22:32:05 >
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 15:10
I want to thank you all for having this discussion and bringing up a point I myself have often contemplated: when do videogames become more than an endeavor to make money? At what point (if any) is a videogame publisher obligated to remake a game or continue a series simply because it would be a sin not to; regardless of price? I mean certainly, when you finnish an NBA or GTA clone, you toss them in the bin without a second thought; but some games are simply too special to be let go. After all this is art! And while videogames are not as widely recognised a form of art as literature or music or even film, those of us who have been touched by this medium know the truth. I guess what I' m trying to say is... GIVE US ANOTHER ZOE GAME DAMMIT!!!

But seriousely, thank you for allowing me to vent; this is a subject very dear to my heart. There is no substitute in my life for the impact MGS, FF7, or Shadow of the Colossus have had.
< Message edited by papado -- 27 Jun 06 7:11:40 >
Silas

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 20:05

Quezcatol said:

As i said,i thinkl there has been talk about putting out shenmue and put a end into it with the third installment.

However SEGA is co-developing a lot of games and publish a lot of games,and i think it' s up to how well these games sells before Shenmue3 will shows up or not.
I think we' re so far past that point that there' s very little point in going on about it. Shenmue 3 could only now be a disappointment, the Shenmue series' s The Godfather Part III. Sega have been through their various travails, and are back on an even keel as far as I know, so it' s just a matter of making a decision to make it, and I just don' t think it' s any part of their ongoing plans. In other words, I don' t believe they are waiting on the sales of anything else prior to greenlighting Shenmue 3. My concern nowadays is solely that Shenmue: Yokosuka is preserved in some future-playable form. Ideally, that would be a PC version. No upgrades, no fancy tricks - just the original game exactly as it first appeared, accorded the status of Classic that it so deserves.
< Message edited by Silas -- 27 Jun 06 12:07:30 >
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 20:08
Thats wat im talking about i love ZOE and ICO 2 AMEN to ya papado
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 20:25

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

Thats wat im talking about i love ZOE and ICO 2 AMEN to ya papado

And why is that relevant in a thread about Shenmue 3?!

Oh, i see! Because everybody think' s you' re a muppet you thought you' d try and secure some support. Sony-biased support at that.

His post is about Shenmue 3, yours isn' t. Stay on topic.
ginjirou

RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 22:58
If I don' t get to play the ending I want to read it or watch it at least . Somehow I must know how it ends! Otherwise, in my mind, Ryo will be in an eternal sleep somewhere in Guilin, China with that retarded girl (man, she sure says retarded stuff when you' re walking with her in the mountains). Time does not move on until Ryo moves on.
But Yu said that the story would be finished through games so a third game has to be made. Has to!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 27 Jun 06 14:59:03 >
Tiz

RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 23:03

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

If I don' t get to play the ending I want to read it or watch it at least . Somehow I must know how it ends! Otherwise, in my mind, Ryo will be in an eternal sleep somewhere in Guilin, China with that retarded girl (man, she sure says retarded stuff when you' re walking with her in the mountains). Time does not move on until Ryo moves on.
But Yu said that the story would be finished through games so a third game has to be made. Has to!

HEY! She is no retard.

I think they got it spot on with the clueless mountain girl, remember she was
raised away from humane civilisation. She' s obviously gonna have loadsa
?' s, which she asks..

I can' t believe you called her a retard..
ginjirou

RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 23:14
Ok, retard is a little exaggerated but she does sound stupid sometimes even for a mountain girl. Maybe it' s not the questions themselves but the way she puts them. Or maybe it' s the voice, I don' t know.
I still like her character and the role she had in the game.
Tiz

RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 23:18
Did you play the English ver?

She sounds great in japanese!

So I can understand if you called her a retard for the english ver...

Apparently she has actual power, like fathomable power... So Lan Di says...
ginjirou

RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 23:21
I' ve played both versions.
But whatever, she didn' t sound that stupid. She just made me laugh a couple of times .
Tiz

RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 27, 2006 23:23

Apparently she has actual power, like fathomable power... So Lan Di says...

< Message edited by Tiz -- 27 Jun 06 15:23:34 >
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 7 of 9, messages 121 to 140 of 171

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread