Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shadow the Hedgehog -- Plus: FORUM RULES UPDATE/RANT!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 03, 2005 17:50

ORIGINAL: GodOfWar
well theres 2 ways to look at it ( ps i have sonic heroes ) . The person who looks at sells for flops or looks at the reviewse for flops .

Flop still means commercial flop, there' s only one way of looking at that.

But IF you want to talk about the quality of the game you could look towards:

a) critical opinion
b) user opinion

both of which are summarised pretty comprehensively on sites like GameRankings, where we see that the game scores a very good 76% ratio:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914713.asp?q=sonic%20heroes

Meanwhile here at Kikizo we liked the game also, awarding the game 8/10, a tad higher than the industry average awarded:

http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/xbox/sonicheroes.asp

So in conclusion, whichever way you look at it, provided you do so in a balanced manner, Sonic Heroes was not a " flop" - neither commercially, nor critically, not to gamers in general. I would say that proves you wrong.

Others please be warned, there will be no mercy shown to users who refuse to check facts and make false statements based on what they BELIEVE or IMAGINE to be the case. We would like to maintain a high standard of discussion at this forum and there will be bannings with no warning if it continues, I am sure most of you will agree with this rule. Sorry for the rant, it is only when necessary!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 04, 2005 06:41
Hmm I sort of lost interest in Sonic a while back. I dunno if Shadow will pull me back in or not, seems odd to she a sonic character packing heat. Sort of like that thing with the new bugs bunny (now to be known as Buzz Bunny). However, it will be different and thats usually good.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 04, 2005 07:54
Yay! Adam ranted in my thread
Adam Doree

RE: RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 04, 2005 17:44
ThatOneGuy27

• Total Posts : 1
&gt;_&lt; bleh - Apr 05, 2005 20:15
Hm, maybe I' m one of the only ones...but I just don' t like the idea of this game. The first time I saw the trailer, it was like a slap in the face. I mean come on... THEY SHOOT HOLES THROUGH VIDEOS OF OLD SONIC GAMES. Really, Shadow..with a gun?! One of my favorite things about Sonic is that it was a game that I could play with my niece and nephew and know that it won' t have a negative influence on them. Sure, Rouge was a bit much (for reasons I don' t really feel like getting into) but this is gun violence we' re talking about. Sega is just taking Sonic into a direction that I don' t think is right. They most likely are going to get rid of their E Rating (hopefully) but I liked the fact that Sonic was a game that everyone could enjoy. I' m sorry if I upset anyone but this is just my opinion.
Adam Doree

RE: &gt;_&lt; bleh - Apr 05, 2005 21:28

ORIGINAL: ThatOneGuy27

Hm, maybe I' m one of the only ones...but I just don' t like the idea of this game. The first time I saw the trailer, it was like a slap in the face. I mean come on... THEY SHOOT HOLES THROUGH VIDEOS OF OLD SONIC GAMES. Really, Shadow..with a gun?! One of my favorite things about Sonic is that it was a game that I could play with my niece and nephew and know that it won' t have a negative influence on them. Sure, Rouge was a bit much (for reasons I don' t really feel like getting into) but this is gun violence we' re talking about. Sega is just taking Sonic into a direction that I don' t think is right. They most likely are going to get rid of their E Rating (hopefully) but I liked the fact that Sonic was a game that everyone could enjoy. I' m sorry if I upset anyone but this is just my opinion.

But this is not a " Sonic" game. It is Sega experimenting with its IP without the risk of damaging the core Sonic business. It is clever.

Also E102 had a gun and nobody cared then.

Shadow is f**g cool and I think he should definitely shoot shit up. I say this game will not be that bad.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 07, 2005 14:34
The new trailer is very exciting and further shows the departure from regular Sonic games. Shadow isn' t glued to the gun but can use a few weapons. His gun can actually fire in rapid succession; he' s got a rocket launcher and even uses an enemies sword at one bit. There are still the rollercoaster elements there that the Sonic games are known for but this is defiantly a different animal altogether.

If you’re a huge Sonic fan like me you’ll be itching to see what part G.U.N, Dr. Eggman and maybe the some other characters will play. Oh, and the multiple endings thing sound ace. I bet there’ll be an ‘Final’ ending: ala Sonic Heroes.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Shadow the Hedgehog -- Plus: FORUM RULES UPDATE/RANT! - Apr 09, 2005 20:38
i cant wait for this game
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 09, 2005 22:59

i cant wait for this game

is this yet another " post count raiser" ??
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 10, 2005 00:24
Post counts are retarded. They do not reflect the quality of the poster. Anyone can amass a ton of posts. That being said, here is my " post count raiser" item of the day:

Sega' s track record of making good games has been pretty piss poor since Sammy took over. I am not looking forward to this game. But I' ll pass final judgment when it actually comes out.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 10, 2005 16:37
I have doubts about this game, The Sonic Games tansition into 3d hasnt been great and hasnt been able to compare it its brothers on the 2d format. Now thats not to say all calassic 2d games cant be converted into 3d goodness, look at the excellant Mario 64 and to a lesser extendt Sunshine, both of these games made the mario fanchise rise the bar on platfromers. But Sonic hasnt done this yet.

Noticeing the trend of Sequals tending to have a darker feel and tone, one which pop:warrior Within pulled off brillantly, Sonic Team have given the Game a lick of Balck paint, but is this enough to renew the gameplay? No. Even under all this ' Shadow' stuff, this is still a Sonic game and the gameplay remains...only with a gun. I hope Sonic Team know what they are doing, and this would be a title to look forward too. But there is light, just hope it shines in Sonic Teams way.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: RULES UPDATE INSIDE! - Apr 10, 2005 16:40
My favorite 3D Sonic title still remains the original Sonic Adventure by FAR!!!!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message