Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rareware....
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 86
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rareware.... - Jan 16, 2006 22:00
But that' s my point. The PSP' s CPU is currently locked to 222mhz but actually is supposed to run at 333mhz like the PS2.

Just look at the launch titles for both units, Ridge Racer V for PS2, Ridge Racer for PSP, the PSP version is much nicer. The same goes for Wipeout Fusion and Wipeout Pure and Twisted Metal Black and Twisted Metal; World Tour and Tony Hawks 3 and Tony Hawks Underground 2 Remix.

Think about how old the PS2 is now and how young the PSP is and keep in mind that graphics improve throughout the units lifespan.

We' re not saying that GTA:LCS looks as good as GTA:SA, or even that King Kong on PSP looks as good as the PS2 version. We' re saying that 4/5 years down the line, games will look at least just as good.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Rareware.... - Jan 16, 2006 22:57

if games are half the visual quality of
ps2 - it means it' s not even equally powered - unless you play on specs not hardware.

Given that a lot of folks think Liberty City Stories for the PSP looks better than Grand Theft Auto 3 for the PS2, i.e. better draw distance, smooth framerate, and just more appealing visuals overall, I' d say what you get out the PSP is totally up to developers, but that goes for EVERY gaming platform.. Some developers will be lazy as was the case with the Battlefront port for the PSP (as well as Symphony of the Night for the Saturn), and some will do a bang up job as was the case with Monster Hunter Portable (which I must say again looks fabulous!).

And even the Gran Turismo team said that with the power of the PSP they don' t have to worry about ' watering down' Gran Turismo, they can port the code over and focus on optimizing and adding stuff in the PSP version.

Heck, PSP' s 1st generation stuff is comparable - with some stuff looking better than the PS2' s first generation stuff.. And just like the PS2' s games got better in later generations, so shall the PSP.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 17 Jan 06 7:01:00 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 00:34
Why compare the PSP with PS2 in the first place?
If the games look good enough to be equally fun to play on the PSP as on a home console without noticing any big problems in visualls, then why care?
300 Mhz this and 4mb Ram that, I don' t care anyway.
I don' t compare the DS visualls with N64s when I play games on it. And I don' t compare the way you controll the game with N64 either. I only care if it' s fun or not. Just as you should.
Nitro

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 00:46
People reviewing the DS versions of Mario 64 and Mario Kart directly compared them with their N64 counterparts. It' s done to give people an idea of what the unit is capable of.

Things like that are always going to be compared to similar powered hardware. Some people care and some people don' t. It' s always been like this as far as videogames are concerned and it' ll always be like this.

The PSP and PS2' s graphical output are very similar, they are both Sony products and both play games (some of the same games), so they are obvioulsy going to be compared to one another.

I admire the fact that you don' t base your judgements on anything but how the game plays, and i agree with you that it shouldn' t matter, but shouldn' t isn' t doesn' t. GBA was copmpared to the SNES and the next Gameboy like probably be compared to the GC. We' re simply having a discussion about the hardware.
ginjirou

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 01:47
Ok, I see. What I don' t see is where such a discussion is leading us...???
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 17 Jan 06 9:47:58 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 01:53

Ok, I see. What I don' t see is where such a discussion is leading us...???

To the promise land of course, to the promise land..
ginjirou

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 01:57
Shigeru Miyamotos living room?
Terry Bogard

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 02:03
To Yamauchi' s previous business, " Love Motels"
Nitro

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 02:46
A killer Instinct remake would be perfect for DS and it' s Wi-Fi capabilities!!!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 08:42
Only after they make a PErfect Dark remake :) or at least Goldeneye 007

Just look at the launch titles for both units, Ridge Racer V for PS2, Ridge Racer for PSP, the PSP version is much nicer.

it actually isn' t that hot from technical standpoint but wipeout looks cool.Still I don' t buy that " it' s like PS2" crap.I do however agree that games look great not only for a handheld system.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 17 Jan 06 16:42:53 >
Nitro

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 09:05
They wouldn' t own the rights for a Goldeneye remake or port now. But Perfect Dark would be nice. They really should be capitalizing on the Wi-Fi end of things. Mario Kart DS is great!

Like i said, i thought they would have done a N64 classics range. I hope they do!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 09:30
yeah but I thought that since they made it and want a remake for a nintendo console the rights would' nt be that much of an issue :)

Still you' re probably right

Man I' d love to play perfect dark online with stylus control ...daaaaamn
Nitro

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 17, 2006 09:40
Dude, have you seen what Abasoufiane is saying about Nintendo and Sega in the PS3 price thread?! I couldn' t believe my eyes! He' s been bloody brainwashed i think!!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 18, 2006 01:48
Yeah I know :)

But I' m sure now that he played more games than you - cause you' re from UK.
hehehehehhehhe

I really wonder how old he is:)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 18 Jan 06 9:49:39 >
Nitro

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 18, 2006 02:05
LOL!!!

Well nevermind all that eh. Did you get my email?

Back to the topic, does anyone actually know what games Rare is developing for DS?

I wonder if Microsoft would consider letting Rare, or even HAVING Rare develop for Revolution, as part of their strategy against Sony. It would certainly shake things up. Perfect Dark 2 on both Rev and 360, and able to play against each other using a collaberation of Nintendo' s Wi-Fi service and Xbox Live. Rev' s gamers would have an advantage with their funky controller though!

Nintendo purchased an undetermined number of VR units from eMargin back in May 05. I wonder what they' ve been doing with them!

]GaNgStA[

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 18, 2006 06:50

Well nevermind all that eh. Did you get my email?

Yeah - you didn' t get my reply?

shit it' s that damn account.

In short :No problem man , forget it

About RARE - they had a voting poll about which of their previous games would you like on DS.I don' t know what they' re going to do with it but I said Perfect Dark ehhe and Banjo' s.

When MS bought them they gave them a bit of freedom - they have an agreement that they can make games for Nintendo handhelds.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 18 Jan 06 14:52:39 >
Nitro

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 18, 2006 06:54
Yeah i got it...

Anyhoo, Perfect Dark would be brilliant!

But what about Microsoft allowing Rare to release games on Revolution?! As a move against Sony...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 18, 2006 07:00
no that' s not going to happen :)

MagicDragon I was wondering do you ever sleep? you posts appear 2 s after mine ...always - I mean ..ALWAYS :)
Nitro

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 18, 2006 07:03
Not much. Some, but not much.

I have a job to do y' know, ...and i am!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Rareware.... - Jan 18, 2006 07:08
I' m going to play some Soul Calibur 3 before sleep - so watch out - those n00bs on kikizo attack at night :)
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 86

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message