Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 19:24
They came yesterday

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/749/749967/img_3558743.aspx

In panic some sites like beyond3d the most bias nvidia sony site ever made did this...they basically blurred the whole pic,check out the IGN logo,it even got blurred,what a crap job in trying to hide the quality of this game.

And yes,its probably on ps3 alpha kit,so its gonna look better,but why remake pictures? wtf?
Its alpha let it show to be alpha kit why pretend like it lookes finale on alpha when it doesnt.-

< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 2 May 06 11:24:45 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 19:35
Aliasing in a word.

This is the actual unblurred screen...

Aliasing is present, but it' s not too bad. For a first generation PS3 game i think it looks fairly good, although this is obviously from a replay meaning that post processing effects could also be at work, like those used in Gran Turismo replays.

EDIT: Looking at the rest of the screenshots available, it' s defonately a replay shot.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 May 06 11:41:32 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 19:38
perhaps the alpha kit is not strong enough to play it with AA on?
or at a good fps seeing how this look like a very fast racing game.
Nitro

RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 19:43
Obviously they would want 60fps, but developers have the beta kits already. If this is a newly released image then it' s from a beta kit. The games still in development though with loads of time left. Remember how bad GRAW looked at E3 last year?! That went on to be one of the nest loking games, if not THE best looking game available right now.

The thing is see right now though is that these are hi-res shot and aliasing is present, meaning at a lower resolution it will be even worse.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 May 06 11:45:49 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 20:03
The pic was uploaded yesterday majik.
yes 2006 1 may from IGN.

BTW ITS MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY TODAY,QUEZ IS 20,IN HONOR TO ME XBL WENT DOWN TODAY;TO HONOR ME :)
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 2 May 06 12:03:24 >
Nitro

RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 20:28
Hahahahahaha...

Happy Birthday buddy!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 20:35
Game looks like crap...
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 20:53
From what I hear it wasn' t beyond3d that blurred the pictures, just a couple fanboys who post at the beyond3d forums.
Nitro

RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 20:56

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Game looks like crap...

Agreed, but it' s not exactly pushing the hardware. Check out the new MGS4 demonstration i posted.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 21:56
Grattis!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 22:00

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Game looks like crap...

Agreed, but it' s not exactly pushing the hardware. Check out the new MGS4 demonstration i posted.

Not sure why, maybe it' s all the hype - but people don' t seem to grasp the fact that not every game on PS3, X360 or Wii is going to have " ZOMGWTFBBQAWESOMEGRAFIXX!!!111oen" .

I' d say that most games coming all the next gen systems will just be pretty average graphics wise. It' s been the same with every single generation before and it' s not going to be any different. It' s only the flagship titles and the occasional hit that will really explore the potential of the system.

It can be hard to not get caught up in the hype but really it' s time to start thinking realistically. Look past all the marketing and propaganda. I' m not pointing the finger at anyone specific here. This is just a general observation that I' ve noticed becoming more apparant every day. It' s sad to see people dismissing games simply because it doesn' t live up to their fanciful expectations.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 2 May 06 14:03:42 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 22:05
Well said.
Not that I care about graphics, gameplay matters more to me.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 02, 2006 22:46
I' m not trying to put down a console when I say the game looks like crap... I' m just saying the game looks lke crap. I think it' s a pretty valid statement.
Nitro

RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 03, 2006 01:28
I just read the interview with the games lead designer (stupid title ), and thought i' d read the following quote wrong and had to read it again...

IGN: That' s a cool little feature, but have there been any titles released since you began work on this project that have encouraged you to rethink how the game works?

Bond: We have definitely had the motivation to increase Fatal Inertia' s graphical quality since the release of next-generation titles like Need for Speed Most Wanted and Burnout Revenge on the Xbox 360. No major game mechanics have changed as a direct result of other titles being released, though. I strongly believe that FI is unlike any other game on the market.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/703/703918p1.aspx

So, they looked at NFS:MW and Burnout Revenge on 360 and then decided that they needed to try and make the visuals better?!

Correct me if i' m wrong, but i have both titles and NFS:MW while being a decent launch title that has some nice lighting, really isn' t all that impressive, -- and Burnout Revenge is just a hi-res port with remodelled car damage and explosions, right?!

So, just how bad did Fatal Inertia look in earlier builds, and how much do they expect they can improve on the 360 version of Burnout revenge?!

Jeez! Forza 2 is going to be at E3, ..will they look at that and re-evaluate their position again?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 2 May 06 17:29:01 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 03, 2006 02:16
LOL that is a fantastic quote Majik.

But the thing is, as much as I like Koei, they never really do graphically impressive games imo. With all the time they had on PS2 they never really pushed it that much, and look at the 360 port of DW5 Empires. I' m guessing Koei were using PS2 engines and upping resolution to start with.

Nitro

RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 03, 2006 02:31
I know, but it' s still a game that Sony are pushing fairly hard.

Surely Sony' s Studio Liverpool will be working on a next-gen WipEout (it needs to be better than Fusion). Maybe they' ll show that at E3. But if they did, they' d pretty much kill off any kind of chance Fatal Inertia has of selling well, which is the reason that Microsoft haven' t announced Mech Assault 2 yet.

If Microsoft announced Mech Assault, then It would compete directly with Sega' s Chromehounds, and Microsoft needs as much support as possible and are currently keeping their own games out of the limelight.

Koei do suck, but they' ve had the dev-kits for a while and what the guy is basically saying is that they' re only really managing to get the same level of visual fidelity from PS3 as a rushed 360 launch game. That can' t be good!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Ps3 fatal inertia gameplay shots! - May 03, 2006 04:48

ORIGINAL:
Koei do suck, but they' ve had the dev-kits for a while and what the guy is basically saying is that they' re only really managing to get the same level of visual fidelity from PS3 as a rushed 360 launch game. That can' t be good!

Thats exactly what I was thinking saying that though I would have rather see fatal inertia for the 360 not for perference or anything it' s the kind of game I would get but I certainly won' t be buying it off sony (just for the sake of it), I think the graphics are ok nothing amazing (imo). In addition to the thing of them only being able to do that with all the time they' ve had the dev kit I think a lot of their titles are gonna look like ' get it out there' titles would be funny if they suffered though even with all the time they have.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll