Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 04, 2007 22:34
The original PSP (with memory stick) will be discontinued, and replaced by a new model with an integrated hard drive. The new model will enable connectivity to the Playstation store via internet connection, and allow you to purchase and download both emulated PS1 and native PSP games directly. Over time (meaning not in 2007), it will also allow you to purchase music and movies from the Sony store.
The Playstation 3 will have an effective price drop of at least $100 by Thanksgiving 2007. By effective, I mean that it’s also possible that the price will remain the same, but at least $100 of value will be added to the bundle.
Nintendo will release their own Live Arcade service for the Wii. Specifically, this means Nintendo will enable third-party developers to create, distribute, and sell casual games for the Wii and DS through a new Wii channel.
The Nintendo DS will continue to outsell the PSP in 2007. It will also enable DS<->Wii wireless connectivity, enabling cross-platform gaming scenarios and the purchase of Nintendo DS casual games. It will not enable the download and purchase of full retail games for the DS, however.
Apple will expand their gaming efforts significantly. The most likely scenario is investment in iPod and the (soon to be announced) iPhone devices to enable a common game development platform for developers to target. This platform will include WiFi wireless connectivity, user accounts and presence, and the ability to trial and buy content from a games channel in the iTunes store. Apple will not enter the gaming market with a home console of their own.
HD-DVD will begin to pull ahead of Blu-Ray in the high-definition DVD format war. This will be measurable by number of DVDs available for either format on Amazon, and total player sales (including the Xbox 360’s HD-DVD add-on and the Playstation 3’s internal Blu-Ray drive).
By the end of 2007, total lifetime unit sell-through of home consoles will be led by the Xbox 360, followed by Nintendo’s Wii, with the Playstation 3 third. This order will also be true of units sold-through solely in 2007 (ie, not lifetime sales).
Google will show significant public interest in the gaming sector for the first time, including interest in acquisitions to bolster their Ad-sense business. The most likely target will be IGA Worldwide (to combat Microsoft’s acquisition of Massive). If unsuccessful, Google will seek to acquire one of the larger game publishers on the market to gain a foothold in the in-game advertising market. Likely targets include Electronic Arts (though it would be extremely expensive), Activision, or THQ.

http://ozymandias.com/archive/2007/01/01/2007-Game-Industry-Predictions-_2600_-Prognostications.aspx

hahahahaha
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 4 Jan 07 14:35:56 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 07, 2007 05:44
Actually, all of that sounds rather reasonable, what specifically do you find funny about that?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 07, 2007 06:12
thought so myself, it' s a well put conclusion.. and i' d say pretty fair.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 07, 2007 09:48
wait, whats the joke? am i missing something here? let us in on it Quez
QuezcatoL

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 07, 2007 10:22
because he thinks sony will lose in everything,

Blue-ray will win 2007 because of the ps3.
Its obvious.

However not every future owner is gonna buy a freaking hd-dvd wheb they dont have to.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 07, 2007 15:50
Google won' t aquire a gaming publisher, that' s just stupid.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 07, 2007 22:21
Blue Ray = Next UMD.
QuezcatoL

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 07, 2007 22:43
It' s not gonna be that.
Not many people will get a HD-DVD,while they be forced to get a BD via ps3,and its not like those eople will also buy a HD-DVD later.
immortaldanmx

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 08, 2007 02:47
You think the PSP will ever beat the DS? Doubtfull, especially after the Pokemon game drops in America and every 8-12yr old buys one. Will PS3 " win" ? Im not sure, but I know in my area they are already readily available at the large retailers (Target, Wal Mart, EB) and theyre sitting there. With it being this close to launch and under a million sold that shouldnt be happening, but I guess its still too early to tell.

As for HD-DVD vs BluRay, let me explain something to your small mind Quez. Wal Mart is now carrying an HD-DVD player for about $200. Its over. PS3, 360, its all irrelevant. What matters are PCs and what the mainstream(think moms and grandparents) buy. And where does the mainstream shop in America? Why, that would be Wal Mart.

Advice for you Quez, dont spout bullshit in favor of Sony to make it seem like youre objective, you just come off as ignorant.
QuezcatoL

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 08, 2007 03:11
I already said i hated sony you dumbshit.

doesnt mean i dont belvie they will win this console war and the next dvd format.

I been saying that from the start.
Some people here are truly dumb.

Has nothing with me trying to sound objective.

MS and their Nintendo alliance is getting embarsing,fuck Nintendo.
Fuck their Ds and their kiddie wii.

Its retarded,its a diffrent way to play games with.

I hope DS lose the war also.
Tired of low graphic and as a excuse " innovation" .

It' s not,they have diffrent ways of playing their games.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 08, 2007 05:00

Adam, can you change Quezcatols level to ' Cheesy Poof' please?

QuezcatoL

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 08, 2007 07:47
Just stfu majik,who are you like then?
Gangsta wannabe pimp? take more pics of yourself and upload that instead.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 08, 2007 13:12
I recall my previous statements of calling Quez a MS fanboy.

It seems he is just very opiniated and stands by them, which is better than being a onesided prick who doesnt think things through like a lot of guys on the forums.

I really cant say what will win, personally I hope its blu-ray, not because its sony, but because its a superior format. The movies/games cost the same but hold nearly twice as much dual layered. If it was MS using Blu-ray and Sony using HD-DVD then I would still support Blu-ray because I could give a shit about brand, but I do care about whats a better product.

One thing though, in response to " immortaldanmx" you are right about maintstream america largely deciding what wins, and this is why I fear blu-ray may not come out on top, BUT let me say this. Disney has just put its support behind blu-ray, and along with the other big movie companies supporting it, blu-ray will have a lot of titles coming out. And for your comment " mainstream(think moms and grandparents)" who buys Disney? Moms and Grandparents.

Also, they just came out with PC drives that write Blu-ray, but can read HD-DVD' s, which to me gives me no reason to buy HD-DVD atm.
immortaldanmx

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 09, 2007 05:29
And when there are poor sales for the BluRay movies and Disney sees a signifigant installed HD-DVD base they wouldnt release on both, would they.

Sigh, some people dont get how the world works.
mastachefbkw

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 10, 2007 11:51
Ummm, not to be taking up for anybody, but what did quez do to deserve this kind of treatment? I dont think hes said anything at all bi est in this forum

EDIT: my bad i put forum instead of thread
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 10 Jan 07 3:52:29 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 10, 2007 12:28

By the end of 2007, total lifetime unit sell-through of home consoles will be led by the Xbox 360, followed by Nintendo’s Wii, with the Playstation 3 third.

ARe you kidding me??

Wii in less than a month AND with shortages has already sold 45% of how many 360s are out there..

The sale of Halo 3 and GTA will no doubt help shift 360s.. but at the rate Wii is going and once it it freely available it wont be long before Wii says ' Goodbye' and overtakes..

Ill say by Summer time Wii will start leaving the rest behind.

Its retarded,its a different way to play games with.

I hope DS lose the war also.
Tired of low graphic and as a excuse " innovation" .

It' s not,they have diffrent ways of playing their games.

Also This is the type of gamer the evil M$ has created, the ones who are now not a ashamed to call themselves graphics whores.. (even tho you' ll actually find better graphics elsewhere than 360, but still)

People really have forgotten that if M$ ever got their way.. Gaming as we know it would be FUKKKKed....

And supposedly ' Gamers' going against a Nintendo product for a M$ one are too.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 10 Jan 07 4:39:17 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 10, 2007 13:41
FLAME FLAME FLAME <NO CONTRIBUITION> FLAME FLAME FLAME....there :)

PS3 will probably win after a while but Nintendo will be throttling First place after a year. Blu-ray will fail, HD-DVD has more footing right now.
mastachefbkw

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 11, 2007 08:16
I think eddie needs to bring the flame war thread back
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 12, 2007 05:12

Sigh, some people dont get how the world works.

Sigh, some people are such blatant fanboys.
immortaldanmx

RE: Prediction made by a microsoft worker who pretend to be fair! - Jan 12, 2007 06:04

The sale of Halo 3 and GTA will no doubt help shift 360s.. but at the rate Wii is going and once it it freely available it wont be long before Wii says ' Goodbye' and overtakes..

Ill say by Summer time Wii will start leaving the rest behind.

That may be true, but will the Wii' s be sold to traditional gamers, the new demographic Nintendo has tapped, or does it matter?

Sigh, some people are such blatant fanboys.

Saying HDDVD will win has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it has to do with logic and numbers. When Americans go to the store to get a new player, are they buying the $200 for an HDDVD player or $600 for a BluRay player when the experience is very similar?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message