Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 to cost more in Ireland!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 to cost more in Ireland! - Jan 20, 2007 19:12
Yeah avarice i get what you are saying, thing is i liek everyone i know who will get one will want a hd connection of either component or hdmi. Charge me £399 for the system and i' ll feel less bitter towards sony for it - as i said it doesnt affect me as i have component cables for my ps2 which i can use for ps3.

Just think sony is being a bit like they were with ps2, buy a system and a game oh and dont forget your memory card. or multitap
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 to cost more in Ireland! - Jan 21, 2007 01:27
Exactly, the price is should be knocked down a bit to compensate for the fact that you can' t hook it up to an HDTV right out of the box.

I also agree that this time around instead of selling peripherals (multi tap, memory cards) they sell the cords to hook it up. Though they screwed up and didn' t have Sony brand HDMI cords when it came out, and still don' t have em in stores it seems.

It' s nice to see that MS didnt go this route with the Xbox 360, these are the kinds of things I would like to see become standard practice with consoles. Nintendo seems as bad as ever, selling extremely expensive Wii-mote and Nunchuck combos, along with extra cords for HD and more expensive memory cards.

[Price Breakdown: Wii console $280, Wii controller $45, Wii Nunchuk $25, Component Cables $40, 1GB SD memory Card $40 = Grand total $430 without a game]
[xbox360: $400 for premium with GRAW and XBL Arcade, Cordless controller $55 = Grand total $455 with a game]

If you actually get the wii set up with all the stuff you need it costs more than a premium Xbox360, at least in Canada.

edit for some poor spelling
< Message edited by Avarice -- 20 Jan 07 17:39:00 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 to cost more in Ireland! - Jan 21, 2007 02:28
don' t forget wii sports...

And the ps3 still kicks their asses... and you get what you pay for! ha yeah right... man the biggest thing with the ps3 is lie, sony is being compared visually to x360 and an on-par system more or less. this is sony' s own fault, had it come out when it was originally stated it' s have been fine enough, but to wait an extra year and the steeper price for the same tech is a shame, a pity sony didn' t forsee the delays and decide to get a better video card, or sort out some aspects of the system.

It' s too much to ask i know, but it would have been better for them. I can' t wait for the stigma to wash off from sony.

As for accessories... yeah they such with such expensive machine you expect to get everything. how about a machine with 2 controllers? one (espeically sonys) will inevitably break, and don' t forget at home multiplayer
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message