Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 game prices will be fine.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 69 of 69
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 14:42
Good games on the PS3? when will they start showing those?

Nothing in the first year of PS3 currently looks interesting except maybe MGS4
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 15:36
I really doubt that PS3 games would cost more then $60, maybe the occasional $70, but I still have my money on mostly $60 games...

--but personally, I still say $60 is kind of expensive for games. Hence why I wait until there is a price drop in the games...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 17:25

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I am more interested in what the devolpers can do with the Machines.

Xbox 360

Playstation 3

You' re not directly comparing those two are you? One is a second generation game and the other is a first generation game. Also, japanese developers are falling behind with graphics, even Kojima.

This isn' t really known to the public but Kojima already has MGS4 stuff running on a 360. He' s really interested in developing games for it. From what I' ve heard he wants to port MGS4 over. I heard this from a very very good source.

I once said that I thought there might be a possibility that MGS would end up on the 360 one way or the other but then Majik called me an idiot and said that it is impossible because Sony helped Kojima with his studio.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 20:53

You' re not directly comparing those two are you? One is a second generation game and the other is a first generation game. Also, japanese developers are falling behind with graphics, even Kojima.

No, not directly, only as far as things like textures, lighting, modelling etc go.

Also, you think MGS4 will launch withing PS3' s first year?! I expect it to be like Gears and be one of the consoles 1st second generation games.

you mean xenos, xenon is the cpu

My bad. That' s because i was looking at a Xeon vs Opteron article earlier in the day.

I once said that I thought there might be a possibility that MGS would end up on the 360 one way or the other but then Majik called me an idiot and said that it is impossible because Sony helped Kojima with his studio.

It' s simply not going to happen. If he makes anything for 360 it' ll have an online focus.

Sony funded the creation of his studio so they' ll have had " rights" written into an agreement. If MGS4 ends up on 360 in it' s current form, less than 18 months after the PS3 version hits, i' ll eat my hat!
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 21:06

^ More poly count in Gears ftw... :P

PS3 will have UT2k7.

Back to square one.
< Message edited by GrayFox -- 1 Oct 06 15:07:21 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 22:09

This isn' t really known to the public but Kojima already has MGS4 stuff running on a 360. He' s really interested in developing games for it. From what I' ve heard he wants to port MGS4 over. I heard this from a very very good source.

Kojima said many times that MGS4 wont be coming to any other platform. He will devolp for the 360, but it isnt going to be Metal Gear.

Even even said it again at Tgs.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 22:37

PS3 will have UT2k7.

Back to square one.

Mm i know,im getting that for my pc.
I can then play at 60 framerate.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 23:03

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Kojima said many times that MGS4 wont be coming to any other platform. He will devolp for the 360, but it isnt going to be Metal Gear.

Even even said it again at Tgs.

I know. I' ve heard the same thing many many times. I was one of the people that made that known on the forums, mainly that he wanted to start a whole new franchise on the 360. He has been testing the MGS4 engine on the 360 and has the game running one it so anything could happen. I hope he does a completely new series just because as cool as MGS is, the first one is the only amazing one imo. It' s slowly fallen from glory. Kojima deserves to create something new and flex his imagination.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 game prices will be fine. - Oct 01, 2006 23:58

It' s slowly fallen from glory

I hate you.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 69 of 69

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages