Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 devkit NOISE? HEAT? [video] / UPDATED 18.08.2006
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 2 of 7, messages 21 to 40 of 124
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 00:09
They call it the " lack of noise and heat" so it sounds very promising.I hope PS3 will be just as silent as this devkit.

But seriously if they want to sell it as a high end equipment it can' t be loud or hot like any cheap ass PC
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 01:23

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

But seriously if they want to sell it as a high end equipment it can' t be loud or hot like any cheap ass PC

Yes they can! They are Sony and they can do anything!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 17:15
If it doesn' t get as hot or run as noisy as 360 (which isn' t even as bad as Dreamcast for noise) then it' s a bonus and Sony' s push to get more fans in the case to keep the thing cool (and thus lower the chances of potential crashes) will have paid off.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 18:22

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

I' m more interested in the OS' s memory usage and the affect it' ll have on developers. I don' t mind the minimalist approach but this is a machine you' re supposed to use with huge high definition displays. Having so much free space just seems like a waste.

I' ve always suspected that some of the space will be used for advertizements to offset the cost of having free online play and maintaining their servers but i guess we' ll find out soon enough.

Hmm I think that the reason why the menus are so small with so much free space is probably because you' ll be able to look at the menus during gameplay or movie/music playback. Like on the PSP, if you press the Home or Select button while listening to music you can browse the menus while the music is still on.
A small menu makes it possible to watch movies or play videogames and simultaneously browse the menus without getting lots of stuff in the way. If the menus where big you wouldn' t see anything of the entertainment. And we all hate pausing stuff don' t we?
Maybe, I don' t know, but it would make sence.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Aug 06 10:26:36 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 19:30
isnt there a lag when bringing up the 360 menu?
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 19:32
You guys what does kaz mean by this?:

Kaz Hirai has brought some clarification to the Playstation 3 manufacturing debacle. As it is, Kaz Hirai told Gamespot that they have not yet started manufacturing the Playstation 3 yet. It appears that Sony is still fine tuning their final plans ahead of their launch date later this year.

Next-Gen.biz

" We haven' t started manufacturing [the PS3] yet. Some of our ops guys were actually just in China, and also in Japan just reviewing the [production] lines and everything else. But they are, again, preparing as we speak to get the manufacturing going. We' ve not announced and we haven' t set really a specific date to say, ' As of this day we' re going to start manufacturing.' "

[...]

" Since we' re going with three territories, we haven' t really come up with an allocation just yet," he said. " But even if you do the simple math you' re talking about less than 700,000 units per territory, per major territory between launch and the end of the year. So even if there was some fluctuation--you give Japan more, you give the US more, what have you--you' re going to end up with some shortages."

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3660&Itemid=9

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 19:33
There is no lag when you bring up the 360 menu.
However if something is loading and you bring it up it will lag for a second or two.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 20:11

then it' s a bonus and Sony' s push to get more fans in the case to keep the thing cool (and thus lower the chances of potential crashes) will have paid off.

yeah , but it' s Sony and the only thing that doesn' t run hot and doesn' t make too much noise is the devkit.It could still be loud in the retail version.

Hmm I think that the reason why the menus are so small with so much free space is probably because you' ll be able to look at the menus during gameplay or movie/music playback.

That sounds great.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 21:28

Yes there is and nouthing has to be loading hell pause the game and youll see there is still lag for me its always been there im glad someone els notices it
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 22:07
mikayd2 WHY IS our office sooooooooo empty?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 22:26
we all hate sony, and all hate you.
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 22:41

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

we all hate sony, and all hate you.

do u really mean that
]GaNgStA[

RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 22:49
Gaiden can I join you?

If yes...would it somehow interfere if I was a big Wii supporter and Sony hater?
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 23:01
yeh SURE gangsta u can join ill just 4GET i didnt hear the sony hater bit. IVE GOT NO PROBLEM wat console u support i love all myself.

welcome to the TEAM gangsta
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 19, 2006 23:12

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Yes there is and nouthing has to be loading hell pause the game and youll see there is still lag for me its always been there im glad someone els notices it

OH NOES!!! My 360 menu only comes up at 20fps instead of 60! That means I' m losing 0.0003 seconds of my life each time I bring the menu up!!!!11!1one. How dare Microsoft do this to me?

mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 00:00

yeh SURE gangsta u can join ill just 4GET i didnt hear the sony hater bit. IVE GOT NO PROBLEM wat console u support i love all myself.

All Right Sounds good I know my man Silentbomber Is ready to roll with us sooner or later well have enough members to whop team kikizo ass lol thats nice
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 00:18
hey mikay have you preorder your ps3 yet?

because no matter what happens im getting one on launch, I HAVE TO ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
]GaNgStA[

RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 00:33

Oh no thanks, I was just wondering if I could join even though I was a Sony Hater (yeah I also love all great games - I hate Sony - not Playstation).

Don' t you think nicknames like Gaiden and Avatars from Ninja Gaiden aren' t the best way to show your Sony luv?

:P
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 00:37
Gangsta the so called " sony hater" joined team sony.
I' m so suprised...
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Final PS3 devkit and it' s menu [video] - Aug 20, 2006 00:38
tru but LIKE i said, i like all three consoles and dont really hate on peeps that like xbox or wii.

JOIN PLEASE gangsta WE could use your skills

I LIKE THE Name GAIDEN itz HAS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH DRIVE
< Message edited by Gaiden Black -- 19 Aug 06 16:39:55 >
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 2 of 7, messages 21 to 40 of 124

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages