Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Oblivion - PC Developers SUCK...
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 52
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 22, 2006 21:51

Chaos Theory on Xbox for one!

Well it is a cool game and one of the best titles for Xbox , but it' s far from polished.
If you haven' t encountered any bugs/glitches - you:
A:are a one lucky son of a bitch
B:didn' t explore too much and played it just like Ubisoft thought you will

VX - Ofc I' m in luv with Japanese studios - I have my reasons :)

There are some amazing games from PC developers but it' s rare for them to be as polished as japanese titles.

PC GAMERS are used to trading polished product for more features.TOP Japanese studios focus on quality first.

Half Life 2 - the best PC game I' ve played lately is pure quality - but it' s a rare exception.

You love PC RPGs right? that' s cool , but do you know any title that isn' t bugged? I don' t know any jRPG that has bugs.

You' ve been wasting your live VX blindly lovin your PC , while I played quality console games and some (very rare) good ones for PC.

Go on take the Red pill and I will show what consoles are all about...

YOU CAN HATE ME NOW...
:)

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 22 Mar 06 13:53:48 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 22, 2006 22:43

YOU CAN HATE ME NOW...

BUT I WON' T STOP NOW...

I see what you' re saying (kinda), but western games in general are just as polished as titles developed by Japanese studios.

This argument is a little childish really...

The one thing about Japanese games is that they try to stay away from uber-realistic, shader-heavy games like Splinter Cell, or technology driven visuals. The west is MUCH better at that kind of thing but it' s something that AQ Interactive is trying to do with Vampire' s Rain for 360. Personally i think it' s ill advised, but no doubt their poor sales will show them that.

Chaos Theory on Xbox was not only absolutely stunning but one of the most polished titles of the last generation. It' s a linear game and it can only really be played one way, and it' s not like i go looking for glitches...

It' s not like Japanese games don' t have their share of bugs, glitches and issues though. To say otherwise is just plain ignorant!

The big difference is the styles of the games, and i for one LOVE Japanese games and generally anything Japanese. But suffice to say i expect Ghost Recon 4 to outdo MGS4 (how could i say such a thing?!!!)...
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 22, 2006 23:33
Yes, all those mediocre looking 500th Onimusha rip-off/ 500th same looking RPG that makes no sense are just sooo polished. The visuals and audio blew me away, unlike Chaos Theory, which looked like the backside of a dog. (end sarcastic rant)
]GaNgStA[

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 00:05

The one thing about Japanese games is that they try to stay away from uber-realistic, shader-heavy games like Splinter Cell, or technology driven visuals.

Shenmue?
MGS?

Chaos Theory wasn' t even close to being the most polished game - and it' s far from linear - there are so many ways to complete each mission.

It' s not like Japanese games don' t have their share of bugs, glitches and issues though. To say otherwise is just plain ignorant!

that' s why I never said so - I said that " I don' t know any jRPG with bugs" and I also don' t know any PC RPG without at least one (and not any minor bug).

I' m not a huge onimusha fan but I don' t remember any clones of this game :)

Ghost Recon 4 to outdo MGS4 (how could i say such a thing

Well that' s just stupid to say - it' s like saying that nex burnout is going to be better than Virtua Fighter 5.

Both games are completely different.

And about Splinter 3 - I didn' t go looking for bugs and glitches - things like that are all over every SC game and it' s easy to bump into one of them.

Are you saying that the only difference is the graphics style or presentation?

that' s bullshit.

I saw some gameplay videos of oblivion from 1up (played on some PC) and it looks great - I mean the graphics I saw in eralier movies were way better , but this looks nice too and seems to be a great game.One day I' m going to play it and have a lot of fun :)

If you want to know what I mean by PC developers crap - check out dogs/horses movement (especially rotation) - it' s fuckin hilarious and so typical :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 22 Mar 06 16:12:30 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 00:09
OB,probably gonna have some glitches to,i mean the world is huge as in a mmo,we have to expect some crazy things will occur :)
I will compare my pc version with the 360,on friday,and then print some Screens...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 00:20
I wonder how it would look on PS3 - maybe it wouldn' t have such loading " issues" (I know I' m bitchin' :) ) since they can use the HDD (and they clearly lack skills to pull it off without one)

At that point there could be no PS3 version after all so it doesn' t really matter
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 22 Mar 06 16:21:47 >
Nitro

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 00:28

Shenmue?
MGS?

Realistic? Shooting frogs that turn into spinning rations is realistic?

Shenmue was cool and shader driven-ish, but it' s a highly manga stylized game, and nothing like western titles. Most western titles strain to achieve photorealistic visuals, whereas Japanese developers generally avoid doing this. I' m not saying they don' t and that some titles don' t do it well, but they don' t do it like Western developers by a long shot!

Chaos Theory wasn' t even close to being the most polished game - and it' s far from linear - there are so many ways to complete each mission.

What, and all out assault or a stealthy approach? Maybe you should look up the word linear in the dictionary and see what i mean when i say it' s a linear game.

Well that' s just stupid to say - it' s like saying that nex burnout is going to be better than Virtua Fighter 5.

Both games are completely different.

Since you don' t know what the next MGS game is going to be like (like the rest of us) you can' t say they can' t be compared. Shit, Kojima wants to put major emphasis on multi-player in MGS4 and change the game dynamics to an urban battlefield, ...sounds like GR to me. Since Advanced Warfighyer is set in the future, it' s fair to say that the next Ghost game will be set after it. So 2 games set in the future, in an unban battlefield?!

Are you saying that the only difference is the graphics style or presentation?

Check again Gangsta, i said the BIG difference, not ONLY difference. Your saying the style and presentation of Japanese and Western titles isn' t the biggest difference?!

Yes, all those mediocre looking 500th Onimusha rip-off/ 500th same looking RPG that makes no sense are just sooo polished. The visuals and audio blew me away, unlike Chaos Theory, which looked like the backside of a dog. (end sarcastic rant)

At least some of us get it.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 22 Mar 06 17:03:05 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 01:39

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Chaos Theory on Xbox for one!

Well it is a cool game and one of the best titles for Xbox , but it' s far from polished.
If you haven' t encountered any bugs/glitches - you:
A:are a one lucky son of a bitch
B:didn' t explore too much and played it just like Ubisoft thought you will

Umm... I' ve played the hell out of the game and have yet to come across any serious glitch. The worst that has happened in the game for me is some clipping issues but they were minor. Chaos Theory was the single most polished game last generation, imo.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 03:40

I wonder how it would look on PS3 - maybe it wouldn' t have such loading " issues" (I know I' m bitchin' :) ) since they can use the HDD (and they clearly lack skills to pull it off without one)

They already use the HDD for us premium user to oblivion,and it makes loading shorter,then for the people with Core.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 06:05
Rampage - I had problems with enemy AI (had to start over cause they didn' t do the things they were supoused to do) and clipping.

Ninja Gaiden Black is the most polished game for Xbox.

Mjik have you even played CT? there are at least 3 ways to finish each level - and all are stealh ways.It' s actually something developers were really proud of when talking about it.

About photorealism - I think MGS2 was way beyond anything on the market when it came out.And since we' re discussing visuals I don' t think I should talk about shooting frogs.(actually the concept of eating in the jungle , medical treatment and stuff is very realistic)

Virtua Fighter and Tekken are both totally into realism.But yeah I have to say it is common for japanese developers to make games at least a bit anime looking.

So 2 games set in the future, in an unban battlefield?!

maybe but MGS is a story driven game - that' s a huge difference.

oh and I do get it smart ass - I just wondered if there are any onimusha clones out there
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 22 Mar 06 22:07:46 >
Nitro

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 06:27

maybe but MGS is a story driven game - that' s a huge difference.

I' m guessing you haven' t played Ghost Recon yet then. Try to bear in mind it' s a Tom Clancy game, ...and what does he do?!

oh and I do get it smart ass - I just wondered if there are any onimusha clones out there

Who mentioned Onimusha?!

About photorealism - I think MGS2 was way beyond anything on the market when it came out

Sons of Liberty?! Erm...wasn' t photorealism, it didn' t even try to achieve photo realism. MGS2 was damn impressive (for the most part) and is one of my favourite games, but i would never have mentioed it in a sentance about photorealism. I mean, Shenmue was closer than MGS2 was. It' s got nothing to do with fancy visuals either, that' s not the point!

I don' t think I should talk about shooting frogs.(actually the concept of eating in the jungle , medical treatment and stuff is very realistic)

My point is that Japanese games have these quirky (cool but odd sometimes) things in, that try to add another dimension to the game. Yeah you need to eat, but other games don' t do it, and in Snake Eater it just felt lame.

Mjik have you even played CT? there are at least 3 ways to finish each level - and all are stealh ways

If you have to get to the same point, do the same objectives, encounter the same set pieces and follow a single story arc, then it' s linear!

Rampage - I had problems with enemy AI (had to start over cause they didn' t do the things they were supoused to do) and clipping.

You' re game is obviously different to ours, because i' ve never had any problems with the enemy AI, and my guess is that Ramgape hasn' t either...

Virtua Fighter and Tekken are both totally into realism.But yeah I have to say it is common for japanese developers to make games at least a bit anime looking

I can' t name one that isn' t off the top of my head... I love big wide eyes and plastic looking skin, just like everybody else, ...i love Japanese games completely, ...but they sty;e their games one way and western developers do theirs another. It' s a huge difference and that was my point.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 06:43

I' m guessing you haven' t played Ghost Recon yet then. Try to bear in mind it' s a Tom Clancy game, ...and what does he do?!

oh right so you probably haven' t noticed any difference between Splinter Cell and MGS story? Maybe how it' s the main aspect of metal gear and just a background for gameplay in SC.

If you have to get to the same point, do the same objectives, encounter the same set pieces and follow a single story arc, then it' s linear!

Ok that' s bullshit. I' d rather have that kind of nonlinear aproach than 10 different endings that are all mediocre.

Oh and if that' s the case then life is terribly linear - you are born and then you die.

You' re game is obviously different to ours, because i' ve never had any problems with the enemy AI, and my guess is that Ramgape hasn' t either...

Most likely since your game is also linear and every review I read says it' s not(that would mean I played the same version those editors had).

You' re right about anime style visuals - now that I think about it , even MGS2 and Shenmue were influenced by it.
Nitro

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 07:00

oh right so you probably haven' t noticed any difference between Splinter Cell and MGS story? Maybe how it' s the main aspect of metal gear and just a background for gameplay in SC.

It' s still story driven, as is Ghost Recon, and you' d understand more clearly if you read the books, since characters in the games are also in the novels.

That doesn' t mean the games will be vastly different though doesn it?!

Ok that' s bullshit. I' d rather have that kind of nonlinear aproach than 10 different endings that are all mediocre

It' s STILL linear (it' s NOT open ended), ...check the definition in the dictionary and you may get what i' m saying rather than poorly attempting to argue your point.

You' re right about anime style visuals - now that I think about it , even MGS2 and Shenmue were influenced by it.

But that' s exactly what i love about it. Those games wouldn' t be as cool as they are without their style and it gives them an edge that western releases generally don' t have!

I just wish someone would make a GREAT Ghost in the Shell game...

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 07:17
I' m not sure you can really say Ghost Recon has a proper story. It' s more of an excuse for a gameplay objective. A story would have to have complex characters, ups and downs, messages, emotion, colour instead of black and white etc etc.

Ghost Recon was just " oh no terrorists, don' t worry Scott Mitchell will shoot them cos he' s my hero!" Whereas MGS was more story for the sake of it, which was actually quite excessive in no2!

I just wish someone would make a GREAT Ghost in the Shell game...

Too right!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 22 Mar 06 23:18:34 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 07:22

That doesn' t mean the games will be vastly different though doesn it?!

IT doeas actually - that' s the main difference between MGS and Splinter Cell and it makes them completely different.

As for linear in dictionary - why would I care? - games will never be as open ended as life.

What gamers call nonlinear is different - you should know that.

Ask any gamer you know if he thinks oblivion is linear (it is by your standards).

Nitro

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 07:32
You' re putting Chaos Theory next to Oblivion?

Chaos Theory is linear, Oblivion is not...

As for linear in dictionary - why would I care? - games will never be as open ended as life.

You don' t think that one day, and overly ambitious dev will attempt to map the entire world, or maybe just a country and let you do whatever you wish?!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Oblivion - PC Developers SUCK... - Mar 23, 2006 11:28

IGN has a Retail Version and so far:

-Framerate sux at times (sure it' s playable but ..)
-Loading Times 10-20s (when loading indoor enviroments,walking into some area with different grass and so on)
-Visible Low-Res objects in the distance.

All those problems appear on 360 - PC has shorter loading times (and less of those) and less framerate drops.

360 is the only platform that can have HDR+AA at the same time.

That' s why I hate those lazy worthless PC Devs (except Blizzard and Valve)

cry much?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 24, 2006 04:17
...what about 2005' s best game, Resident Evil 4?....

...regarded as the best because of it' s ability to mix Western Bravura with Japanese class??.... ...at least in my opinion....

...generally, i get pi$$ed at both territories these days, for not being good at exceeding in BOTH ideals..... ....i love photo-realism and the west' s penchant for high octane action and adventure..... ....but western fps' s and adventure games generally seem.... .. ...standard and average?.... ...getting the job done and not much else??...

...like it' s always the same basic crappy type character models.... ...extreme detail in the environments and characters (like moving clothes and hair), motion capturing, good voice actors etc is always lacking in my opinion....
...especially considering that the endless amount of specs/graphic cards etc. the M$/PC community is always raving about, seems to count for sh*t when the final product is released...

.... like they are more concerned with developing a new processor with higher specs etc, than they are with sitting down with the current generation' s hardware and putting the time and effort in optimising it' s full capabilities....

...that' s probably why the ex-box had such few classy, polished, jaw dropingly gorgeous titles... ..the majority of which were made by Team Ninja....

.....and why do PC developers seem to be so extremely lazy (or unskilled) when producing PC to ex-box/360 conversions??.... ...i realise that most M$ fans typically own PC' s too, but what about the rest of us??... ..why should we non-PC owners have to put up with endless crap, late and lazy conversions ?.... ...

...i just wish that the Asian developers would concentrate more, on more adult themes.... ...in their movies, anime and manga they love guns, subversive subjects and blood...
...but when they decide to make a new Playstation game, it' s generally kiddie/consumer crap like Brain Train or Dragonball Z...

...Bottom Line?....

.....i want M$ to say developers: " 720 will not be announced 3 years from now... ...take your time getting to know 360 then spend another 5 years developing your best material" .... ...and... " f*ck next year' s graphic card" ...

...and the Japanese developers to grow some balls and stick up their collective middle fingers to children, old people, girls and dweebs (especially dweebs!)

.....a Japanese made FPS would be totally awesome also...

....PS: is there any chance Onimusha 4 will be released on ex-box?.... ...because it looks like utter crap on the PS2.... ...i haven' t seen such big release visual sh*ite since Devil May Cry 3 ....
]GaNgStA[

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 24, 2006 04:44

cry much?

not much - I expected something like that. -Why? did I hurt your feelings saying that PC devs can' t make a game without glitches and shit?

Nitro

RE: Oblivion - PC Developes SUCK... - Mar 24, 2006 04:50

is there any chance Onimusha 4 will be released on ex-box?

Highly doubtful, but i hear it' s being ported to PC like RE4.

.....a Japanese made FPS would be totally awesome also...

The Japanese aren' t keen on FPS' games, i don' t expect much from them in that regard.

...that' s probably why the ex-box had such few classy, polished, jaw dropingly gorgeous titles... ..the majority of which were made by Team Ninja....

I think that' s a little harsh, i mean...

Beyond Good & Evil
Black
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
DOOM 3
Far Cry Instincts
Conker: Live & Reloaded

...are all gorgeous titles. I know what you mean, and i agree that Team Ninja were able to get more out of the Xbox than most studios, with DOAU being one of my favourite games...

...but i think you' re being a little harsh.

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message