Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 4 of 9, messages 61 to 80 of 169
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 08:24

How do you unlock Inphyy in the demo Evil? I actually would like to play as her.

Doesn' t matter, that picture looks exactly what the game looks like in the demo.

I' m failing to see the rubbish visuals.

WoW 10 exact same characters on the screen is like so amazing, except its been done on ps2. Out of all the pictures that make the game look decent you chose that? What a fucking retard, lol.

And 2pac, it' s past your bed time, fucking 12 year old kids naming themselves after rappers.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 30 Jul 06 0:32:04 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 09:36

WoW 10 exact same characters on the screen is like so amazing,

That' s half the point though isn' t it. It was exactly the same in Kameo where parts of the game had 100' s of characters that look exactly the same. It' s not exactly immersive but it is impressive for the most part.

Unfortunately in Kameo the Trolls had synchronised animations and just looked strange. In N3 the 100' s of characters move freely. Granted they don' t do an awful lot but it still looks cool to have 400/500 enemies that you can wade through and kill.

It' s not perfect but it' s cool.

For N3 i really don' t mind that the enemies all look the same because i' m not focusing on them. Everything, including the games camera is focused on your character. When Dead Rising is released in a fortnight (US) i' ll be looking for a good VARIETY (see what i did there) of enemies because there' s more of a focus on your characters interaction with them than in N3.

As for the backgrounds and the depth of field, ...maybe it' s just not your thing. I mean, using Kameo as an example again, the same technique was used there with the backgrounds out of focus. It' s not really that big of a deal.

N3 is better than both the Kessen and Dynasty Warriors games, and while both of those aren' t the type of games that i play i have enjoyed the N3 demo.

You have to admit that even though the enemy and your soldiers character models are lacking in detail, the main characters look awesome.

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 09:46
Ok, finally checked out the demo, I died when the messengers arrived. But from what I' ve played so far, the game was friggin sweet... It definitely has a Dynasty Warriors type vibe to it but better. The game was really easy to get into and a whole lot of fun just comboing my way throughout the medievil gang fights!

One of my biggest gaming turn ons, aside from ENORMOUS sized bosses has always been having TONS of enemies onscreen and BOY this game did NOT disappoint. Was in my glory going 2 against 1000 enemies and coming out ontop

I' m really digging the music in the game as well. I played the game on a standard TV so the visuals weren' t blowing me away but they were solid considering the amount of onscreen action. I wasn' t bothered by the " blur" , I was too busy looking for a fight after the last one ended!

I am SOLD on this game!!1!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 30 Jul 06 1:49:33 >
Nitro

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 09:55
What' s cool is that the developer [Phantagram/Blueside Studios] also do the Kingdom Under Fire series [RTS] which N3 is partially based on and there next installment will be on Xbox 360 and will be departing from the RTS side of things and going in more of a Devil May Cry direction. It seems that N3 was more of a test than anything. They' ve definately got the combat and style down.

The KUF game for 360 will be entitled Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. There' s only one piece of artwork available and i presume it' s the main character...

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 30 Jul 06 1:57:28 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 09:59

The KUF game for 360 will be entitled Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. There' s only one piece of artwork available and i presume it' s the main character...

How come we never get to play as the Ugly Fat Chick?
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 11:09

GO GO EVIL man SILENCE majik

he called me a homo

Lol now that’s funny

Its looks burry as hell but it’s the coolest of its type fun as hell

if they can only could make it like the simple 2000 game earth defense 2 cool as hell and didn’t have any burs or what ever now that’s a game you guys should check out big ass ants and shit on the screen . And all you got is your Mini gun and your rocket launcher now that’s fun.

Oh yeah did I tell you guys that I made the 360 slow down on some geometry wars I had so much stuff on the screen its was crazy. I died of course I didn’t have any bombs left. Yeah I got some sexy moves on geometry wars. Made the screen slow down. My bro was like dam that’s crazy you can’t do that on the ps2 and I have to agree you cant it looked cool
Evil Man

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 11:13

She is ugly.
mikayd2

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 12:27
she looks good to me i wouldent kick her out the bed
Evil Man

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 18:23
Whats up with the scaly skin in her shoulder?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 18:56

Whats up with the scaly skin in her shoulder?

Battlescar' s maybe?
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 19:58
the way the dress opens up across the shoulder means you are meant to be seeing that detail - it frames it perfectly.

Looks a little more moody that previous chars too...
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 20:18
Evilman STFU ... Just cos my nick is 2pac doesnt mean i m a 12 yr old , u ahole .. And let me guess ' Evilman' is a very mature name ... From the kind of posts that u r makin its pretty clear how mature u r ....
Evil Man

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 20:44
She looks too skanky.
Nitro

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 22:53
I' m suprised that the lead character will be female. I mean, N3 has 6 playable characters but the " main" character is Inphy. Heavenly Sword has a female lead and now this as well?!

Female game characters shouldn' t be allowed to have guns. Except maybe Ada Wong.

The new KUF game sounds like it will be set in dungeons, so i' m expecting it to be very similar to the DMC series which isn' t a bad thing. It' s also going to have RPG elements which i' m hoping is just simple levelling up and minor character development options.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 30, 2006 23:30

Well anybody who is interested in the points raised about the demo in this thread can check out the quick video of the demo being played.

LINK

...well from that clip, N3 looks like a pretty enjoyable ' xobx 1.5' game in the vein of Dynasty warriors...

...however, that clip despite being on a high def TV, is really dark... ...i couldn' t really see enough of the environments to comment on this motion blur thing... ...although i would ask;

" wouldn' t motion blur be only valid in situations where the main character or an object is moving extremely fast?"

...motion blur being used as an artistic theme for static backgrounds sounds pretty fishy to me... ...like the developers are trying to cover up for their inability to render backgrounds properly or something...

...but like i said, that movie you posted majik isn' t really clear enough for me to comment solidly...

..perhaps another link?...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 30 Jul 06 16:57:38 >
Nitro

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 31, 2006 00:37
Evil Man

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 31, 2006 02:09

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

Well anybody who is interested in the points raised about the demo in this thread can check out the quick video of the demo being played.

LINK

...well from that clip, N3 looks like a pretty enjoyable ' xobx 1.5' game in the vein of Dynasty warriors...

...however, that clip despite being on a high def TV, is really dark... ...i couldn' t really see enough of the environments to comment on this motion blur thing... ...although i would ask;

" wouldn' t motion blur be only valid in situations where the main character or an object is moving extremely fast?"

...motion blur being used as an artistic theme for static backgrounds sounds pretty fishy to me... ...like the developers are trying to cover up for their inability to render backgrounds properly or something...

...but like i said, that movie you posted majik isn' t really clear enough for me to comment solidly...

..perhaps another link?...

It' s not motion blur, its objects in the distance look extremely blurried and washed out - and I' m not talking just about things that are far very far away, even objects that are elatively close (less than 50 meters or so away) look blurry and washed-out, its totally unnaceptable.

And again its not motion blur its just environments getting completely washed out by blur to the point where it looks like environments from a ps2 game.

The action you would see in videos is all up-close fighting wich looks decent, the graphical problems are when you view things from far away.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 30 Jul 06 18:12:20 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 31, 2006 02:35
Are you supposed to look at things from far away? Maybe the blur stuff is there so that you won' t lose your concentration on the fights near you?
The developers must have some reason to use the blur, eh?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 30 Jul 06 18:43:39 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 31, 2006 06:02
Some of you are really easy on MS and 360 I see - I think it' s only natural to be a bit like fanboy since it' s a new system, but it spreads like a disease - everyone who gets one becomes a 360 defender in every aspect (just look at quez),people getting excited about Test Drive ...my god...

Saying things like

Unfortunately in Kameo the Trolls had synchronised animations and just looked strange.

is really not true - this scene looked really bad - it wasn' t " strange" - it was terrible (yes I' ve played kameo majik :) )

While the depth of field is the name of the effect used, the way it works is by BLURRING the background or whatever " should" be out of focus -it' s not trying to imitate your eye, but a camera (since games are to be like movies now).

I haven' t played 99Nigts, but to be honest, you' ve actually showed that this guy is right by posting GRAW images.

In GRAW depth of field is perfect while in 99 it looks just like he says - terrible (based on that screen alone).

That' s when we consider that screenshot of evilguy - but I' ve seen the new HD trailer magjik has put here and this game looks good - pretty solid - not breathtaking , but it never goes below " solid" ,while at times, it' s very pretty.

definitely improved over what was shown at E3

I love those high production values typical to asian games - menu and music and artworks all over the place - sweet :)

Are you supposed to look at things from far away? Maybe the blur stuff is there so that you won' t lose your concentration on the fights near you?

Well I don' t think I' d like games to have a " where to look while playing" topic in manuals.I like nice visuals that aren' t flawed in any way - it' s very common to have detailed area of action and crap further than that, it seems pretty lame on a powerful system.

KUF - played both - I think both are terribly mediocre

It' s amazing how hostile we can get here :)
mikayd2

RE: Nighty Night Night Demo on Marketplace - Jul 31, 2006 06:18

Some of you are really easy on MS and 360 I see - I think it' s only natural to be a bit like fanboy since it' s a new system, but it spreads like a disease - everyone who gets one becomes a 360 defender in every aspect (just look at quez),people getting excited about Test Drive ...my god...

Saying things like

quote:

Unfortunately in Kameo the Trolls had synchronised animations and just looked strange.

is really not true - this scene looked really bad - it wasn' t " strange" - it was terrible (yes I' ve played kameo majik :) )

While the depth of field is the name of the effect used, the way it works is by BLURRING the background or whatever " should" be out of focus -it' s not trying to imitate your eye, but a camera (since games are to be like movies now).

I haven' t played 99Nigts, but to be honest, you' ve actually showed that this guy is right by posting GRAW images.

In GRAW depth of field is perfect while in 99 it looks just like he says - terrible (based on that screen alone).

That' s when we consider that screenshot of evilguy - but I' ve seen the new HD trailer magjik has put here and this game looks good - pretty solid - not breathtaking , but it never goes below " solid" ,while at times, it' s very pretty.

definitely improved over what was shown at E3

I love those high production values typical to asian games - menu and music and artworks all over the place - sweet :)

quote:

Well I don' t think I' d like games to have a " where to look while playing" topic in manuals.I like nice visuals that aren' t flawed in any way - it' s very common to have detailed area of action and crap further than that, it seems pretty lame on a powerful system.

KUF - played both - I think both are terribly mediocre

It' s amazing how hostile we can get here :)

Man this was well said an i do agree with you
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 4 of 9, messages 61 to 80 of 169

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread