New Killzone screens (page 8)

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 81 to 120 of 214
Terrak
  • Total Posts : 783
  • Reward points : 19070
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 10:19
This question has nothing to do with the technical aspect of the game - because it looks amazing, more of a question on design.

Why The F**k are there drop ships open topped? Those military designers should be shot. If that thing tips suddenly then the whole squad can fall out. The soldiers were not restrained either. Not to mention any type of flak would devastate the unprotected soldiers. Petty i know but for a game trying to look as realistic as possible its hard to believe they would have such a poorly designed military vehical - BTW i' m just nitpicking.

< Message edited by Terrak -- 13 Jul 07 2:20:40 >

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 11:42
I thought the same thing,perhaps the ship is full of soldiers or stuff already,and instead of putting stuff on the roof they put soldiers there since they can sit there without falling off for some reason...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 12:12

(but was instantly labelled a PS3 fanboy for it).

I thought you were labeled as a Nintendo fanboy?

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 17:17

IVe just watched the 720p trailer which i DL on PS network VIA bright HDMI PS3. It looks clearly alot better than any console game so far. You would be lying to yourself if you thought otherwise.

On a flip, i also D/l' d and watched the MG4 trailer, while it looked good, it was not mindblowing, even suffered from alot of framerate issues.

I just downloaded a new gameplay trailer from IGN, and im not going argue on whether or not it looks great because it does, but comparing a title thats yet to release (in atleast 12 months) to one thats already been released 6 months ago, and trumping it around saying it shows one is more powerful than the other is clearly stupid.

When in 2 years MS shows something that looks better than killzone, i could say the same.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 17:44
Jesus christ, why cant you just admit and stop making Excuses.

Also your excuses are extremely flawed , The Killzone trailer IS OUT NOW, not in a years time, Killzones 2' s graphics, we are seeing now running on PS3 hardware, in less than 9 months of the PS3 going to retail. The 360 has been retail Since November 2005, so if anything, It' s the 360 games that should be owning PS3 but that cleary isnt the case, because PS3 is starting to show is has more potential already.

Also, Killlzone will look even better when it' s released and so would a lot of other PS3 titles that start to use the same engine.

Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 17:47
Who cares when games are released? Gears looks a lot better than Mario 64. Yes, Mario is older so it' s " unfair" but Gears still kicks Mario' s 64-bit ass!
Just like Killzone 2 kicks Gears' ass... or something.

Regardless, the graphics in Killzone are above many peoples expectations and it was really close to the CG trailers. I' d actually say that they pretty much delivered on the trailer because even though it' s not like the trailer technically speaking, it sure gives you the same visual impression.
I think the final MotorStorm was well represented by the CG trailer as well.

I forgive Sony for their hated trailers. Because they' re delivering content pretty close to what we saw IMO.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Jul 07 9:48:54 >

Vx Chemical
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 13, 2007 23:41

Jesus christ, why cant you just admit and stop making Excuses.

Also your excuses are extremely flawed , The Killzone trailer IS OUT NOW, not in a years time, Killzones 2' s graphics, we are seeing now running on PS3 hardware, in less than 9 months of the PS3 going to retail. The 360 has been retail Since November 2005, so if anything, It' s the 360 games that should be owning PS3 but that cleary isnt the case, because PS3 is starting to show is has more potential already.

Also, Killlzone will look even better when it' s released and so would a lot of other PS3 titles that start to use the same engine.

You wishful thinking is bordering idiocy. We havent seen the titles that will be released for the Xbox at around the same time that Killzone is released, yeah its a really really good looking game, but your fantasy that the PS3 is so much more powerful than the Xbox is purely madeup.

Its been stated that the two are so near equal its hard to really tell the difference. The numbers have been crunched a million times, but if you have no evidence, id like to see them please.

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 00:24
I am probably going to get killed for saying this, but this is just my opinion.

I think that it a lot of ways, games like Mass Effect and COD4 look better than Killzone. Again, that is my own opinion. I am also confident in saying that what you are seeing done with Killzone 2 and MGS4 can be done using 360 hardware so please go on bantering about how this and that and the next thing are " only possible due to the PS3 hardware and blu-ray crap" .

This is getting to be a very old topic that needs to die right now. Yes, Killzone 2 and MGS4 look absolutly stunning, that I cannot disagree with. But with so little of what we have seen so far, I will stand with saying that in a lot of ways Mass Effect, and COD4 do look better.

The most important part of all though is gamplay. For that we will all have to wait until we get our hands on these games.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 00:34

Gears still kicks Mario' s 64-bit ass!

Shut your dirty whore-ish mouth!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 13 Jul 07 16:34:26 >

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 00:41

I think that it a lot of ways, games like Mass Effect and COD4 look better than Killzone.

I agree,and these developers also has a merit of delivering AAA titles which Guerrila studios hasn' t.

ginjirou
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 00:59
COD4 looks as good, or even better, but I' m having a hard time comparing since the art direction is so extremely different. COD4 seems to go for realism while Killzone almost has a cartoon-ish look IMO, which I really like. Especially the characters' faces look more like cartoons than real humans. Killzone has what I found most of Sony' s games to have, it' s own unique look. The game might not be as technically impressive as other games, but it looks unique.

I don' t think Mass Effect can compete with Killzone though. In Mass Effect, the special effects during the action looks amazing and characters seem to kill anything I' ve ever seen. They really look alive.
But the environments seem kinda lame and compared to Killzone they look really lame.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Jul 07 17:02:18 >

Virtua fighter 5
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:00

You wishful thinking is bordering idiocy. We havent seen the titles that will be released for the Xbox at around the same time that Killzone is released, yeah its a really really good looking game, but your fantasy that the PS3 is so much more powerful than the Xbox is purely madeup.

Its been stated that the two are so near equal its hard to really tell the difference. The numbers have been crunched a million times, but if you have no evidence, id like to see them please.

Your back with this ignorance? and trying to twist the basic fact thats soo clear for everyone to see? Why cant you just admit it? lol

Anyway i can' t argue with someone who is SOO fanboy he cant even admit something blantantly obvious, so it time to finish your ignorant ass-off:

The thing is, probably, the Most visually ' Wowing' game of the Show (which is being released THIS Novemeber) was:

Watch
&
listen

**Hands VX back his Dummy**

Currently playing:
FSX (P

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:08
Virtua fighter stop being a fanboy.

ginjirou
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:13
Gran Turismo 5 prologue looked amazing.
But does it run at 60 fps with full force feedback with rumble and does it have an advanced physics simulator, extremely customisable cars and gameplay that beginners and veterans can all get into?
If not, then I' ll stick with Forza 2.
After E3 it seems we' ve exclusively been talking about graphics. Gameplay seems to be a lost chapter in videogame history.
I didn' t care if the 360 was the most powerful console or not when I bought it, all I knew was that the games coming for it would be fun to play. Good gameplay you know.
Sony delivered on the graphics, but amazing gameplay that can compete with other next-gen games remains to be seen.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Jul 07 17:20:09 >

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:17
GT5 looks amazing,but they showed camera angles in replays,heck even the first GT game looked ten time better in replay mode...

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:23

Why The F**k are there drop ships open topped? Those military designers should be shot. If that thing tips suddenly then the whole squad can fall out. The soldiers were not restrained either. Not to mention any type of flak would devastate the unprotected soldiers. Petty i know but for a game trying to look as realistic as possible its hard to believe they would have such a poorly designed military vehical - BTW i' m just nitpicking.

If you' re attacked from the direction your exit is located on a closed-top vehicle, what do you do? Get pwned. Open topped vehicles provide stationary cover once troops have hit the ground & make it easy for troops to exit the craft if something goes wrong. Not to mention, a direct hit with most modern anti-aircraft guns is going through and through, Steel, plastic, kevlar, hitting whatever is inside. It won' t matter much if they can see you.

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 01:26
Eddie you can' t compare boats or trucks with that transport system.

If they jump off the flying ship they fall to the ground and die.
And look how little space and what a thin fence they had at the top.
Not to mention that they would fly off it irl if there was some gravity in the game.-

Yes this might be news to you,but if you sit a on a plane going down you gonna fly up for a splitsecond and then fall off.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 13 Jul 07 17:26:56 >

Virtua fighter 5
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 02:03

Gran Turismo 5 prologue looked amazing.
But does it run at 60 fps with full force feedback with rumble and does it have an advanced physics simulator, extremely customisable cars and gameplay that beginners and veterans can all get into?
If not, then I' ll stick with Forza 2.

Yeah these are all questions i want answered too, i can use my Momo with GT:HD, it would be awesome it they made GT5 compatible with the G25 Wheel and full H-shift / Clutch Support.

Otherwise, Forza 2 will do.

Sony delivered on the graphics, but amazing gameplay that can compete with other next-gen games remains to be seen

100% agreed.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 13 Jul 07 18:05:58 >
Currently playing:
FSX (P

the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 09:59
I saw the actual game play on Tv and this looks GREAT. No matter what, killzone is still a top runner for the ps3 and hopefully under all that gorgeousness it will not dissapoint.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Vx Chemical
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 17:28
Yeah it looks good, but why do you believe it cant be done on the 360?

Your the only one who wants to stick to silly notions like that. Its been stated by game devs they are equal, and believe them over a fanboy such as yourself.

(lots of of self cencored bad thoughts and wishful thinking, self censored at the notion of being somewhat civil)
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 14 Jul 07 9:28:32 >

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
  • Reward points : 0
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 18:14

Yeah it looks good, but why do you believe it cant be done on the 360?

I don' t believe it can' t be done on the 360. In fact, until I saw this trailer, I didn' t even think the ps3 could have graphics this good, so go figure.

However, this argument has pissed me off for a while now. For months I have seen posts from 360 fanboys(not saying you are one), about motorstorm that go like this " sure it looks good, but it' s not like the 360 couldn' t do it, I don' t see the big deal" .

It' s not that the 360 can' t do it, it' s that IT doesn' t have the game that does it. Sure the 360 can do motorstorm graphics/physics etc, but it doesn' t have the game, so I could give a shit about hyphotheticals. Just like I know the ps3 could do Bioshock or Mass Effect. But the ps3 doesn' t have it, so fuck the ps3 as far as thats concerned. The 360 and ps3 can both do each others games pretty much the same atm, the difference is that they don' t both have the same games, and thats why I am gonna need both.

Side note, I think I may have taken your quote out of context, I didn' t read all your past comments. But my point stands because I have seen this argument on other boards. Sure the 360 can do these graphics, but it hasn' t shown us a game with them yet, so I' m fine with saying that this is the best graphical showcase on a console to date. You may not like the art direction as much as other games, but from a graphical standpoint, it looks bloody awesome.

Vx Chemical
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 22:33

I don' t believe it can' t be done on the 360. In fact, until I saw this trailer, I didn' t even think the ps3 could have graphics this good, so go figure.

However, this argument has pissed me off for a while now. For months I have seen posts from 360 fanboys(not saying you are one), about motorstorm that go like this " sure it looks good, but it' s not like the 360 couldn' t do it, I don' t see the big deal" .

It' s not that the 360 can' t do it, it' s that IT doesn' t have the game that does it. Sure the 360 can do motorstorm graphics/physics etc, but it doesn' t have the game, so I could give a shit about hyphotheticals. Just like I know the ps3 could do Bioshock or Mass Effect. But the ps3 doesn' t have it, so *** the ps3 as far as thats concerned. The 360 and ps3 can both do each others games pretty much the same atm, the difference is that they don' t both have the same games, and thats why I am gonna need both.

Side note, I think I may have taken your quote out of context, I didn' t read all your past comments. But my point stands because I have seen this argument on other boards. Sure the 360 can do these graphics, but it hasn' t shown us a game with them yet, so I' m fine with saying that this is the best graphical showcase on a console to date. You may not like the art direction as much as other games, but from a graphical standpoint, it looks bloody awesome.

Well a ctually my point was just about the same as yours. I was arguing against Virtua Boy who said it couldnt be done on the 360, i dont really care about which consoles what games comes out on, im just saying both are equally powerful.

ginjirou
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 22:39
I don' t think Killzone can be done on the 360, as good as it is on the PS3, until I see it on the 360.
Just as I don' t think Gears can be done on the PS3, as good as it is on the 360, until I see it on the PS3.

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 23:33
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22115.aspx

Killzone 2 looks like CoD4 but with tons of blurr,seen that they blurr out the gun tons of time.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 14 Jul 07 15:40:45 >

Virtua fighter 5
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 23:39
VX your twisting things again..

Fact remains:

KZ2, GT5, Lair, Uncharted (and some even say Little Big Planet). All Showcase better overal Visuals, Particle FX, Geometry ECT.. Than ANY 360 game out so far. Fact. You cant real argue with this..

You agree VX? or are you still going to try and work around it?

I don' t think Killzone can be done on the 360, as good as it is on the PS3, until I see it on the 360.
Just as I don' t think Gears can be done on the PS3, as good as it is on the 360, until I see it on the PS3.

I understand this theory very well, but ive ben reading that PS3 Unreal 3 is looking on Par if not better than 360 GOW..

It' ll be Also intersting to See how the 360 version of Unreal 3 fares now that they are taking advantage of the Cell for the PS3 version..

Currently playing:
FSX (P

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 23:42

KZ2, GT5, Lair, Uncharted (and some even say Little Big Planet). All Showcase better overal Visuals, Particle FX, Geometry ECT.. Than ANY 360 game out so far. Fact. You cant real argue with this..

You agree VX? or are you still going to try and work around it?

Yeah right,have you seen Mass effect? looks better then ***ing Uncharted.
Lair doesnt look as good as GoW but you could say unreal 3 is coming to ps3 this year.
But look at Alan wake did you see the screens?
looks way better then ***ing lair and uncharted.

aslo COD3 was better looking on a 360 then ps3 might be the same thing with cod4.
And Killzone2 has graphic like CoD4 but just tons of blurr added.

this game -----> uncharted

[image]http://media.pc.ign.com/media/743/743607/img_4326678.aspx[/image]

[image]http://media.pc.ign.com/media/743/743607/img_3950339.aspx[/image]

Now you saw the latest trailer before looks a lot better in real time.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 14 Jul 07 15:45:22 >

ginjirou
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 23:48
X

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 23:52
This game costed sony 20 million dollars.

MS payed 50 million dollars for extra content in GTA4,guess we will have lots of extra action.

ginjirou
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 14, 2007 23:54
Ok...

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 03:36

I understand this theory very well, but ive ben reading that PS3 Unreal 3 is looking on Par if not better than 360 GOW..

Just because you read it on the Sony forum of GameSpot doesnt make it true.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Vx Chemical
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 09:36

Fact remains:

Im not twisting anything.

And by the way, its not fact, its personal opinion and i disagree.

Quez put it nicely!

I know the 360 isnt your console of preference.

It doesnt matter to me which is best (which it does to you, clearly) I just dont see the GAP as you put it.

Virtua Boy, you are much more a fanboy than you dare to realize, or maybe your just Anti MS

Virtua fighter 5
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 10:06

Anti MS

Well i can' t be that Anti MS orr Fanboy as i already own a PC, 360, PS3, Wii, 2 DS lites and about to Buy an elite !

Anyway, end it, PS3 tech has more potential and is already showing it.

END

Currently playing:
FSX (P

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 10:11
Please dont use the " I own this and that" .
My dad bought me all consoles,I still hated my SNES and N64.
Just because you have something doesnt mean you like it.
lets just make that clear.
And just by saying you have something online doesnt make it true either.

ginjirou
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 10:19
Once I own Blue Dragon, I' m going to hate it

Virtua fighter 5
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 10:34

lol. I love going out to spend £100s on things i hate, just makes it all worth while.

Wait one second quez..

My dad bought me all consoles,I still hated my SNES and N64.

yeah, it looks like it Quez

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 15 Jul 07 2:57:56 >
Currently playing:
FSX (P

QuezcatoL
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 11:11

That day will never happend,because I will question you non stop until you admit you dont have it.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 11:31

Just because you read it on the Sony forum of GameSpot doesnt make it true.

Not to mention UT III isnt even out yet and gears came out in November of 06

Vx Chemical
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 16:50

I' m right, you and everyone else is wrong, im virtua boy

END

Fixed

ginjirou
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 19:42

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

That day will never happend,because I will question you non stop until you admit you dont have it.

LOL, When I get it I' m going to play it non-stop and finish it before you. Then I' ll post the ending and all the plot twists to completely ruin the game for you.

" and yes, as we all thought, Marumaro is gay!"

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Jul 07 11:44:31 >

Virtua fighter 5
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Jul 15, 2007 20:50

" and yes, as we all thought, Marumaro is gay!"

lol. Thats the one reason why i deleted the Demo as soon as i saw it. Gay Game
Currently playing:
FSX (P

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 81 to 120 of 214