Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect - official release date
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 100
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:46
hey VX, look at one simple fact :

console : main support from JAP and WEst developers , both of them with almost the same ratio.

PC: Mainly WEST cevlopers with extremly few support from JAP devleop (which are extremly important and released most of the AAA titles in the history of video games)

Logicaly VX , this show that console should have more AAA titltes than PC , just logic man .
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:52
I just think its bullshit saying that console developers are better than PC developers! that console games are better than PC games, because that is what you are saying! It' s over generalisation! There are so many more crappy titles released for consoles than for the PC.

Most of the greatest games ever to me, have been created on the PC, and they have been polished, and polished titles are releeased all the time!

Guess what Gangsta might be mistaking for polish is the easier development tools a console developer has, he has one setup to make a game for, where as a PC developer has several.

I think your biased as hell and not worth listening to!

Ahhh fuck it!

Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:55

Mainly WEST cevlopers with extremly few support from JAP devleop (which are extremly important and released most of the AAA titles in the history of video games)

Come on, thats the most bullshit anyone has said today! You see thats what clearly sets you as a console gamer! You think all that japaneese crap is so brilliant, and you know what, i dont like the japaneese style, except for the good and polished titles like say, RE4, which have been made with a western mindset at hand!

Japaneese dont make great games for me! Cutesy figures and gay bishonen characters arent my type!
Abasoufiane

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:59
because great games have never been just about: " Cutesy figures and gay bishonen characters arent my type! "

that' s the bullshit. in this industry , it' s console that are most important its consoles that have the most pouplar titles not pc , i' m not saying pc don' t have them, i' m not saying that PC developers (which are west developer) suck

i' ll i' m saying: classics in consoles are much much more than PC since ever .
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:01

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Mainly WEST cevlopers with extremly few support from JAP devleop (which are extremly important and released most of the AAA titles in the history of video games)

Come on, thats the most bullshit anyone has said today! You see thats what clearly sets you as a console gamer! You think all that japaneese crap is so brilliant, and you know what, i dont like the japaneese style, except for the good and polished titles like say, RE4, which have been made with a western mindset at hand!

Japaneese dont make great games for me! Cutesy figures and gay bishonen characters arent my type!

In all honesty I personally think the japanese are a bit overrated when it comes to games however that may be largely down to what I prefer. And all this crap about ' ' polished' ' games lets be real what sets a ' ' polished' ' game apart from one thats fun and non-polished that and why is it possible on every other console except one microsoft makes (@gangsta)?.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:04
More games are made for consoles, which give a broader range, more AAA titles, and more crap crap crappy titles!

But what Gangsta is saying is that PC developers dont polish their games!

What im saying is that the top games of each platform is just as polished. I dont think a console game is more likely to be polished than a PC game! But Gangsta do, and apparently you do too
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:06

ORIGINAL: dasher232

And all this crap about ' ' polished' ' games lets be real what sets a ' ' polished' ' game apart from one thats fun and non-polished that and why is it possible on every other console except one microsoft makes (@gangsta)?.

I think because M$ are the only americans...

Apparently they can' t do anything right..
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:06

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

More games are made for consoles, which give a broader range, more AAA titles, and more crap crap crappy titles!

But what Gangsta is saying is that PC developers dont polish their games!

What im saying is that the top games of each platform is just as polished. I dont think a console game is more likely to be polished than a PC game! But Gangsta do, and apparently you do too

I really don' t think the argument is about games being polished for some reason.
Abasoufiane

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:07
oh that i don' t , half life series are polished , that' s one exemple of many others.

and VX nobody give a fuck about CRAP games , be it a billlion , i don' t care because i have the choice .
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:19

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

This is still a stupid way of judging the quality of a game. You keep speaking on behalf of PC games when clearly your experience with them is severely lacking. You come across as a bigot and pretty much everyone here thinks the same thing.

the thing you are forgeting is that we' re talking about extreme level of polish and perfection - TOP 50 is not something that I would consider for this subject - you can easily point that many PC games are on the list in top 1000.The thing is how many PC games are in top ten or top 20 - that' s were the best of the best are.

I' m flattered that you went to do all these calculations for me :) - and they really prove your point.The only problem is, that the top quality games are console titles.

And let me tell you that Half Life 2 deserves to be in TOP 10 - it' s a great production with extremely high quality - but it' s a rare thing on PCs.

Top 50 is a much healthier population to go by, and even that isn' t sufficient at times. Top 100+ is better and I' ll tell you why.

Going by the statistics on gamerankings.com, the difference between 1st place and 50th place is 4.9%. Apart from the 1st position, the differences between placings (going by Avg score percentage) is usually 00.3% or less! Quite often the difference between places is 0% and they are only ordered that way because of alphabetics or some other statistical anomaly! When you' re playing games, can you tell which game is better than another by 00.1%? Hell no! Most people would struggle to tell the difference at 10% and anything more or less than that is subject to individual preferences.

My point is, that gamerankings is an extremely poor way of judging game quality if that' s all you go by. Games made on PC and console and just as good as each other, one is not superior to the other like you say it is. Not giving PC games a chance based on that list is one of the most foolish things you can ever do.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 8 Sep 06 15:25:30 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:22

...excuse me?...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:25
Gangsta has a 486!!!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 8 Sep 06 15:25:28 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:26

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...excuse me?...

I told you months ago that " bishonen" means " feminine male"
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 23:49
....k....

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 8 Sep 06 15:50:10 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 09, 2006 04:43

My point is, that gamerankings is an extremely poor way of judging game quality if that' s all you go by. Games made on PC and console and just as good as each other, one is not superior to the other like you say it is. Not giving PC games a chance based on that list is one of the most foolish things you can ever do.

Gangsta only believes that japaneese console game makers, make the perfect games! he is beyond reason! I sometimes think he thinks that they are infailable, though i think he forgets to remember their mishaps!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 09, 2006 04:44
Yes,fukk gangsta!
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 09, 2006 05:25

Yes,fukk gangsta!

Preferably not! But if he has a hot sister :P
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 09, 2006 06:13

My point is, that gamerankings is an extremely poor way of judging game quality if that' s all you go by.

It' s the best way to judge a game - it' s the avarage rating based on all scores given by all reviews - you can' t do better than that.(and 0,03% means quite a lot when judging this way)

I have a Centrino laptop - not suitable for games, but I play quality games on consoles and the only time I wanted to have a Gaming PC was when HL2, WC3 and Doom3 were out (I played all of them actually and I loved D3 and HL2 only).

Vx I remember more bad japanese games than you do - I haven' t started playing on consoles when Xbox came out so I saw a couple more.

he thinks that they are infailable, though i think he forgets to remember their mishaps!

I' ve flamed more japanese games on this forum than you ever heard of.

I don' t have a sister - but LowIQuez would fuck anything that moves and can' t say " NO" .
My opinion is that PC games are far from console games in terms of perfection and quality in overall.You won' t notice that playing PC ports on 360 or Xbox.You' d have to play all those great games that console gamers played when you had pentium 166Mhz MMX.

There are ofcourse exceptions - like mentioned Half life 2 for example.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 8 Sep 06 22:15:45 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 09, 2006 06:20
I think dumb gangsta doesn' t take care of his PC,thus getting problems when playing with it.

HAHAHAH,DUMB NOOB!!

I can bet my ass on that you' ve a lot of virus and shit,and every game that worked before laggs like hell now.

Be gone noob!!

oh btw.

Fukk gangsta!!!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 09, 2006 08:52

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

My point is, that gamerankings is an extremely poor way of judging game quality if that' s all you go by.

It' s the best way to judge a game - it' s the avarage rating based on all scores given by all reviews - you can' t do better than that.(and 0,03% means quite a lot when judging this way)

Best way? What the hell are you smoking? How about actually playing the damn game? That' s the best way to judge a game, not simply going by some list that is so subject to variables that a game position can change 30 places overnight! You must seriously have some issues if you think 0.03% means a lot in that list. If you look at the reviewer list, quite often it' s some oddball review giving 97.4% to a game that makes up the <0.03%. Only sane reviewers deal with whole numbers, not decimal places.

Another aspect you seem unable to grasp is the number of reviews vs average score percentage. Some games with 30 reviews or less have achieved better scores (by 00.x%) than those with triple the amount of reviews. If you know anything about statistics, it' s much harder to maintain a average high score the more reviews you have. So technically HL2, Halo, Re4, Metroid Prime, etc are all superior to Zelda, Mario 64 and pretty much every other game on the top 10 list even though they occupy lesser placings.

My opinion is that PC games are far from console games in terms of perfection and quality in overall.You won' t notice that playing PC ports on 360 or Xbox.You' d have to play all those great games that console gamers played when you had pentium 166Mhz MMX.

Been playing PC games and console games for fifteen years. I was playing games on my 486 and consoles unlike you. Your opinion is so bigoted and wrong that it really is sad. Even when I show you that your perfect " statistics" are flawed and unsuited to what you use them for, you still plough ahead like foolish child.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 100

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message