Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect - official release date
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 100
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 18:46

" I looked up the 50 worst games on that site and saw only 8 PC games in the worst 50. The other 42 are for consoles. Therefore, PC games must have a better quality average."

It' s a good use of my " mentality" only with some mistakes.

Consoles - that' s where gaming is (90% of it) so there are more games , and both more bad and good games.And Unlucky , I said that there are more bad games on consoles - yep I did say that myself before (check my posts) so that doesn' t prove anything - all you guys do to defend PC games is changing subject.And I think that' s the only choice to defend it so I don' t blame you.

The only PC games high in rankings are HalfLife games and Blizzard titles.And I agree with that.

You can fool yourself as much as you want - stats tell the objective truth you deny to accept.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 8 Sep 06 11:01:35 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 18:51

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

" I looked up the 50 worst games on that site and saw only 8 PC games in the worst 50. The other 42 are for consoles. Therefore, PC games must have a better quality average."

Consoles - that' s where gaming is (90% of it so there are more games , and both more bad and good games.

The only PC games high in rankings are HalfLife games and Blizzard titles.And I agree with that.

You can fool yourself as much as you want - stats tell the objective truth you deny to accept.

If PC games are so crap then why are there an increasing amount of PC ports on consoles?!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 18:57
The developers wants to make more money. EVERY good PC game gets ported. Every single one of them. And yet they are quite few.
PC games only show quality in the FPS and RTS genres. If you don' t like those genres, fuck PC games.
Nitro

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:04

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

The developers wants to make more money. EVERY good PC game gets ported. Every single one of them. And yet they are quite few.
PC games only show quality in the FPS and RTS genres. If you don' t like those genres, fuck PC games.

It' s funny that Gangsta LOVES IGN and trusts their opinions and reviews, ...and yet in IGN' s ' 100 Greatest Games' feature, there are more PC games than anything else, covering a wide variety of genres.

100 Greatest Games

Saying that, ...why are we talking abou PC games vs cosole games in a thread about Mass Effect?!
ginjirou

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:05

Saying that, ...why are we talking abou PC games vs cosole games in a thread about Mass Effect?!

I dunno! Why do I cry myself to sleep?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:07

If PC games are so crap then why are there an increasing amount of PC ports on consoles?!

Don' t you know? These ports were for Xbox mostly , cause Xbox and PC audience are really close to each other (Ex PC gamers buy Xbox mostly).

Now 360 offers what PC offers in terms of performance and it' s possible for PC devs to exist in this new world where their games actually earn them money.MS saw to that, that PC devs would come to their platform , and it even got some bioware exclusives.Bungie - those guys are PC devs too (but Halo is a quality game).

Blizard,Id Software,Valve - those 3 are delivering AAA quality (with some exceptions ofcourse).

Xbox = PC ports and then some.Which isn' t bad mind you.

Thankfully PS3 is getting some PC ports too and therefore quality of PC games should start improving (like Jade Empire > Kotor in terms of polish)
]GaNgStA[

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:09

It' s funny that Gangsta LOVES IGN and trusts their opinions and reviews, ...and yet in IGN' s ' 100 Greatest Games' feature, there are more PC games than anything else, covering a wide variety of genres.

Bitch all you want - I' ve got one word for all of you - gamerankings.

I love IGN' s news - some reviews are insane (jade empire 9.9)

We' re talking about PC games cause bioware is a typical PC developer that recently started to learn wht making games for consoles means.
ginjirou

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:09
Considering the fact that the PC has been the same format since the beginning of time it' s not that weird that it has lots of good games and a great variety of genres.
I mean, you can' t compare the best PC games with the best PS2 games since the PC library expands over ten years of history.
Maybe PC' s over the time has had better games and a greater variety in genre but today I think consoles have the upper hand when it comes to good titles.
But I guess it' s about what kind of games you like. My favourite genre is fighting games and it' s not like PC' s have an abundance of them.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 8 Sep 06 11:10:30 >
Nitro

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:10

Thankfully PS3 is getting some PC ports too and therefore quality of PC games should start improving (like Jade Empire > Kotor in terms of polish)

Because of PS3?!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:12

Bungie - those guys are PC devs too (but Halo is a quality game).

Strangely enough, Halo was being developed for Mac' s

Ohhh wait sorry

Talk to the hand gangsta. talk to the hand! We aint listening to it anymore" its rubbish!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:27

Because of PS3?!

Because of PS3 audience that is less forgiving than EX PC gamers owning 360.

But it' s becasue of both 360 and PS3 to be exact - both demand more than PC market and 360 is much closer to consoles than Xbox.

Strangely enough, Halo was being developed for Mac' s

And it looked like a shitty RTS back then and even when they said it' s going to be for PS2 it still looked shitty - you honestly can' t prove anything here.

And cheers to all you blind people who think MS is so perfect :)

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 8 Sep 06 11:31:35 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 19:35

And it looked like a shitty RTS back then and even when they said it' s going to be for PS2 it still looked shitty - you honestly can' t prove anything here.

Wrong it was never supposed to go PS2, only Mac, and maybe PC, but MS bought them, and they had to rewrite the entire game for Xbox!

Also it never looked RTS, it was a 3rd person action game!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 20:01

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Consoles - that' s where gaming is (90% of it) so there are more games , and both more bad and good games.And Unlucky , I said that there are more bad games on consoles - yep I did say that myself before (check my posts) so that doesn' t prove anything - all you guys do to defend PC games is changing subject.And I think that' s the only choice to defend it so I don' t blame you.

Ok, so lets go by your " stats" . What happens if we view the top 50 games? 11 out of the 50 are PC games. And going by what you say, 90% of games are on consoles. That means the 10% (minority) market of PC games dominate 22% of the list (nearly 1 in 4 games). Hence we can come to the conclusion that PC games have a higher level of quality than that of console games.

This is still a stupid way of judging the quality of a game. You keep speaking on behalf of PC games when clearly your experience with them is severely lacking. You come across as a bigot and pretty much everyone here thinks the same thing.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 20:11
Gangsta got owned!
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 21:19
Ohhh look, its my one yearths birthday!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:20

This is still a stupid way of judging the quality of a game. You keep speaking on behalf of PC games when clearly your experience with them is severely lacking. You come across as a bigot and pretty much everyone here thinks the same thing.

the thing you are forgeting is that we' re talking about extreme level of polish and perfection - TOP 50 is not something that I would consider for this subject - you can easily point that many PC games are on the list in top 1000.The thing is how many PC games are in top ten or top 20 - that' s were the best of the best are.

I' m flattered that you went to do all these calculations for me :) - and they really prove your point.The only problem is, that the top quality games are console titles.

And let me tell you that Half Life 2 deserves to be in TOP 10 - it' s a great production with extremely high quality - but it' s a rare thing on PCs.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:23
Your making yourself look like an imbecile Gangsta! Do you even play PC games? Do you even have a PC capable of games? Have you ever had it? Or are you just making stuff up? Your so clearly biased that its not even worth listening to what you say!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:26
i TOTALY agree with Gangsta, PC has some really really good games, but in comparaison to how many GREAT games on consoles, of course and it' s pretty obvious that console win by far.

it is only recently that we see many console game get ported to PC (devil may cry 3, onmimusha , silent hill) but the experience is somewhat not the same.

count how many AAA titles on PC since let' s say 1990 , and do the same with consoles , i' m pretty sure that the difference would be huge. ports should not be counted (doom 3 = PC , Silent HIll = console)... well that' s my point and i think Gangsta' s point as well.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:33
Since 90? The PC will win for sure!!

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass Effect - official release date - Sep 08, 2006 22:42
are u serious VX chemical !!! the snes and genesis era , do you know how many classics? may be you still don' t understand , we are talking about AAA titles, classic games... dude what you said is unbelievable to me. you said you' ve been a pc gamer before , i always was a console gamer, but i did play a lot of pc games and i like many of them. even today i played and beated all the aaa titles that were relased on PC (aka half life 2, fear ...)
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 100

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message