Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Listen up! This is a list thread!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 67
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 06:38

Neither is better than the other, in the end it is a matter of personal preference. I myself prefer the Asian “sissy boy” over the western David Hasselhoff type.

I agree, I to prefer the " girly" looking male characters that are prevalent in Japanese Animation as well as games. I mean I do like Raiden more than Snake ;)

Then of course there are exceptions, with games that try to create more realistic character designs, the best example of this (that comes to mind) are the Silent Hill series characters.

Characters from the Silent Hill series all have one thing in common, they' re all ugly. You can' t really distinguish the villains from the heroes in the game cause EVERY friggin character in the game looks creepy, from the main protagonist to the creatures you encounter!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 28 May 06 22:41:40 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 06:40

Grrr

nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 07:46
It' s not the feminie nature of the FF guys that gets on my nerves, it' s the fact that they' re just a little bit too well groomed. It' s just hard for me to take them seriously. I like the hardcore warrior look.

FF guys look like they would stop the fight if they broke a nail.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 08:18

FF guys look like they would stop the fight if they broke a nail.

Wouldn' t you??
I sure as heck wouldn' t continue fighting if I broke a nail. I' d ask for a time out, repair the broken nail and then continue fighting! That' s the way you do it!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 11:47

ORIGINAL: Cetra

if all the guys in ff are chicklooking, I assume Auron is too? or wakka?, squall ? barret?

I think they' re more or less referring to the main protagonist in these games. There' s nothing wrong with it. It' s just a matter of culture. In Japan they have this idea of Bishonen (or pretty boys), and they incorporate it into lots of media (games, movies, musicians, etc.). Some people like it, some people hate it, and others (like myself) don' t give a rats ass!

Favorite characters:

Kratos - God of War
Ayane - Dead or Alive
Conker - Conker' s Bad Fur Day
Kung Lao - Mortal Kombat
Mitsurugi - Soul Caliber
Iron Monk - Tao Feng
Jam - Guilty Gear
Sagat - Street Fighter
Yuna - FFX

I HATE:

Ulong Goth (the Mantis dude) - Tao Feng
Leon - Dead or Alive
Bo Rai Cho - Mortal Kombat
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 15:03

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Wouldn' t you??
I sure as heck wouldn' t continue fighting if I broke a nail. I' d ask for a time out, repair the broken nail and then continue fighting! That' s the way you do it!

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, I know about the whole bishonen thing. I' ve been to Japan a few times, and those guys actually get a lot of women...

...or at least they hang out with a lot of women. Maybe just trading beauty secrets, lol.

Either way, i got no problem with it. Let a player play, I say.

However, when I' m choosing a vdeogame hero, i prefer the guy who doesn' t pause to check his lip gloss and put on more styling gel.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 16:57

Original by: nekkid_monkey
not unless u look or dress like a FF character

No… No I don’t. Nut a friend of mine once bought a set of FFVIII (or was it FFX?) jewellery and I remember thinking “man, that looks so cool… ”

Original by: QuezcatoL
Tidus looks like a male version of Meg ryan...

Funny you should mention, ‘cause many of my female friends who spotted the monthly Super Play featuring an article on FFX lying on the floor of my room and actually went through the trouble of looking through it, all froze up on a certain page featuring an image of the FFX hero. And then they all just had to ask if he (Tidus) was just a “game” figure or if there was a person he was modelled after, because he was just so hot.
*sigh* Nothing more less fun for a guy, but to hear a girl ask about another guy, on top of that a man of polygons.

Original by: Terry Bogard
Characters from the Silent Hill series all have one thing in common, they' re all ugly. You can' t really distinguish the villains from the heroes in the game cause EVERY friggin character in the game looks creepy, from the main protagonist to the creatures you encounter!

Nah… I think Heather is very cute and… That is all!

Original by: nekkid_monkey
However, when I' m choosing a vdeogame hero, i prefer the guy who doesn' t pause to check his lip gloss and put on more styling gel.

And indeed you should, if that’s what you like. And remember… ahem… “Some people stand in the darkness afraid to step into the light! Some people need to help somebody…”
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 17:19

And indeed you should, if that’s what you like. And remember… ahem… “Some people stand in the darkness afraid to step into the light! Some people need to help somebody…”

I cant see why you pick Hasselhoff as the archtype of western hereos! When types like Arnold, Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt are more that kind of type! People or get bloodied up! who look like they are used to taking a beating, who looks like they arent afraid of ripping someone' s head out, and who look like a likely hero!
Dionysius

RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 17:29
Because Dave is the most fun of them all! Although I admit, Arnold comes damn close.

Edit:
Also, he can defuse A-bombs (I think).
< Message edited by dionysius -- 29 May 06 11:24:15 >
Cetra

• Total Posts : 153
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 19:17
the japan pretty boys, are as girly to you as johnny depp, brad pitt or orlando bloom are to them
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 29, 2006 22:59
Favourite characters (I can think of now)

(soul calibur)
Ivy
Kilik
Maxi (makes me laugh and reminds me of doa' s jan lee)

(Shenmue)
Lishao Tao (from shenmue...she' s just likeable)
Can' t remember his name but the guy from shenmue that goes ' ' laaan di sama' ' and wears bandages on his legs (he' s either funny or i' m easily amused)
Ryo
Shenhua (she just looks like she' s quiet but deadly)

Tomb raider

Lara: The lines she comes out with some times are classic

Mortal Kombat

Kitana
Kenshi
Goro
Sindel
Ashrah

I dislike moloch

Thats all I can think of now.

Dionysius

RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 01:16
It just occurred to me, and I’m continuing the discussion from before, but most of the main FF male characters are all rather muscular. Therefore if the characters bodies are included when claiming that the FF males look girly, I must take back my statement of them being “sissy” like. All of them are what we would in the real world see as a rather well trained people. I myself train on a regular basis and am somewhat fit; even so I cannot even begin to compete with Cloud, Squall or even Tidus. It’s just in comparison to western designed heroes that they will look sissy and weak, but in real life (I can’t believe I’m bringing in reality in a discussion about FF characters) they are the more natural, while the Gears of Wars characters would probably be around the size (or bigger) of bodybuilders and thus have no place in the battlefield.
I have a friend who’s in the army (or something like it) and this guy is around 1.65 m tall, weighs around 50 kilograms and can’t lift 60 kg when bench pressing. Also, once he said that none in his division looked more well trained than me (how my ego boosted when I heard that) and that he felt he probably couldn’t rely on any of them in case of a war (I’m from Sweden, feel free to invade).

BUT!!! In case if the “girly” look is simply related to the faces of the characters, then once again I agree, if so this post has turned utterly meaningless and I have wasted many minutes of my time.

the japan pretty boys, are as girly to you as johnny depp, brad pitt or orlando bloom are to them

I don' t really believe that.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 01:45

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Can' t remember his name but the guy from shenmue that goes ' ' laaan di sama' ' and wears bandages on his legs (he' s either funny or i' m easily amused)

Do you mean that guy that looks, sounds and acts just like Gollum in LOTR?
dasher232

RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 03:09

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Do you mean that guy that looks, sounds and acts just like Gollum in LOTR?

Yeah that one I love the way he talks it never fails to at least make me smile.

Side note didn' t doa' s jan lee use to fight with nunchukas (cant spell it) or did I imagine that?.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 29 May 06 19:11:28 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 04:51

Now mister Orlando does resemble a chick at times! But then you cannot compare him with Arnold or Bruce

Are you on drugs Cetra? you seem like the only one here stubornly not wanting to admit that anyone else could be right?

(and whats that got to do with drugs? Look at the silly Monkey, Look at it!)

Cetra

RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 05:35
everyone just state casual opinions
what is feminine to you in japan, might not be in japan itself, and what is hot etc with americans, might be feminine and wierd to japanese

now japanese have a culture of their own rock etc, its not just about pretty boys there, you only see much of them here because they have an image thats unique, but masculinity in the japanese culture is far more important

japan is a land of fish industry and hard ward, they modernized themselves from farmes to high tech in 60 years, and that took the work of strong working class men

martial arts is highly popular, and the samurai spirit of complete dedication and selflessness also is strong within the community
QuezcatoL

RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 05:43
Actually read a history book,tokyo got bombed to dust under ww2,and afterward they got money as germany to rebuild the whole country and espeically tokyo,also japan and italy is one of the few rich countries who has a debt on over 100% of their BNP.

It pisses me off when people think japan have better technology thanks t oresarch,its not true,but look at stockholm,you cant destroy 1500-1700 buidlings thats in the middle city,or take away some of the famous places,and rebuild.
But in Japan that was not a problem after ww2.
And when they builded those crappy things,they later took them down and rebuilded,many times,in fact that goes hand in hand with their debts.

But my point is its not hard to build cool stuff when you lend many times more what your country even can collect in a year.
Has nothing to do with " hard working" workers,sure they are that in japan today,i seen how many lives,but still...
Sweden' s gov make as much money in taxes as MS has saved up...just a ex.
Cetra

RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 05:54
Where the hell have you gotten from that Japan got money to rebuild? Do you think its America? lol
America were the ones who dropped two atomic bombs (as kind as they are) over the two dockcities.

japan is the only country in the world which is known for its unique abilites in research. the japanese people sends out japanese around in the world, to learn the subjects and tasks they are supposed to, and then they return to japan to put it in effect, and further develope it there.

japan is lightyears away from the rest of the world in technology, to denie that is complete ignorance. for instance, they had 2megapixel cameras in their phones, when we still had vga cams in them, and norway is a head of america in mobilphone technology and much else too

almost everything of great modern technology comes directly from japan, or are influenced by japan in some way, with a few exeptions of course

its a historical fact that japan is the one country that provides the world the most with technology, the other country that does this is china, but they produce many of the japanese products, and since their so big thats why they are on the same line.

you confront a historian about this, and he will agree.
every historian I have had at school have said the same thing, and gives great credit for the fastest industrial modernization ever to take place, and it was japan

i don' t really see your point of the atomic bombs, it didnt stop japan from evolving
< Message edited by Cetra -- 29 May 06 21:56:19 >
dasher232

RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 05:57
@ cetra

what does

japan is a land of fish industry and hard ward, they modernized themselves from farmes to high tech in 60 years, and that took the work of strong working class men

martial arts is highly popular, and the samurai spirit of complete dedication and selflessness also is strong within the community

what does that have to do with the comment someone made about looking feminine?, to me it just seems a little out of context. However if you are talking about modern japan like quez said if you read your history books you would know that a large amount of that is down to ' ' foreign' ' aid so to speak.
QuezcatoL

RE: Listen up! This is a list thread! - May 30, 2006 06:02
And berlin was bombed to dust,under ww2.
didnt keep USA from afterwards suddenly giving germany money and sending supplies non stop.

And their debt is still at over 100% in BNP.
How do you explain that?
If they did so well,why lend money all the time that they havnt paid back.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 29 May 06 22:02:33 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 67

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread