Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How 2 save the PSP?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 17, 2006 20:55
Most of my qoutes were from Abos posts , cause your posts were very true and objective.

The analog " stick" is definitely an advantage. Some games simply require an analog stick. The DS uses it' s touch-screen instead but many have found it to be uncomfortable.
On the other hand, the PSP d-pad sucks while the DS d-pad is good.

It simply doesn' t work - I' d rather play racing games (Like RR) on D-Pad than this analog wannabe stick.

As for AAA titles...it simply not true that both consoles have same amounts of top quality games.PSP is far behind the DS - if you consider games like Trauma Center or Phenix Write Ace Attorney or Brain Age lower than AAA cause they aren' t typical games than you' re clearly missing the point.(especially when you later give credits to LOCOROCO which is a DS kind of game on a PSP)

Software is definitely on DS' s side and it' s not a slight advantage.While you say that PSP has many titles that aren' t AAA but are fun, DS has them as well and also more of them.It' s a fact, look it up :)

I' m not dissing PSP here though - it' s far from failure - it' s selling very well and it does some nice things , but software , " analog" and D-pad , batterylife and loadtimes from hell are it' s main weaknesses.The strenghts are : screen,3D visuals,storage capacity,design,media functions and homebrew scene.

Since software is it' s big weakness now it means that PSP could still be succesful - cause this problem can be solved eventually.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 17 Aug 06 12:58:23 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 00:18

It simply doesn' t work - I' d rather play racing games (Like RR) on D-Pad than this analog wannabe stick.

I take it that RR is the only game you' ve played on the PSP...
Daxter and GTA has perfect control thanks to the analog stick. Especially Daxter, it' s near perfect.

As for AAA titles...it simply not true that both consoles have same amounts of top quality games.PSP is far behind the DS - if you consider games like Trauma Center or Phenix Write Ace Attorney or Brain Age lower than AAA cause they aren' t typical games than you' re clearly missing the point.(especially when you later give credits to LOCOROCO which is a DS kind of game on a PSP)

I made a part of the text big because there' s some serious fanboy signs in it, be careful Gangsta...

I don' t like arguing with you but even though some games aren' t typical you still have to base this on facts. The facts are that the reviews on lots of innovative DS games that you love aren' t getting good enough scores as AAA titles should be getting. Being innovative and different doesn' t automatically make a game good.
Calling LocoRoco a " DS kind of game" is the biggest crap I' ve ever heard. Sorry for using such strong words but if the PSP can make a cute and different game that works and is fun, why not? Does the DS have exclusive rights to cute and innovative games? I don' t think so and LocoRoco is proof that even the PSP can give different experiences.

It' s a fact, look it up :)

The DS sucks because you can' t connect it to a PS3. You can do that with the PSP, so the DS is trash. It' s a fact, look it up!

I' m not dissing PSP here though - it' s far from failure - it' s selling very well and it does some nice things , but software , " analog" and D-pad , batterylife and loadtimes from hell are it' s main weaknesses.The strenghts are : screen,3D visuals,storage capacity,design,media functions and homebrew scene.

Since software is it' s big weakness now it means that PSP could still be succesful - cause this problem can be solved eventually.

Did you check my list? It' s full of amazing worthy software and the PSP hasn' t been on the market for very long. I guess you like the DS titles more but of all the titles I listed you should like enough titles to at least find a PSP worth buying?

To be honest though, I prefer the DS above the PSP. Because I love Nintendo' s games and I' m not much into media capabilities and that stuff. But the good PSP titles have been stealing money from my DS budget so I haven' t got one yet .
And then there' s the Wii.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 17 Aug 06 16:34:48 >
ginjirou

RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 00:37
The Wii. The Wii. The Wii.

I can' t hold it anymore....

Here it goes:

Wii DS

Nintendo

Playing = Believing

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 01:22
isnt this about the psp?
ginjirou

RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 01:28
Yes, and stuff related to the PSP. Such as the DS, which is made by Nintendo. Who also happens to make the Wii. See, it' s about the PSP.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 05:35

No self respecting person, fool or not! will pay for the same movie twice, in normal and in UMD!

HA! That' s where you' re wrong :p.. But then again maybe I' m just not self-respecting

I bought both versions of Advent Children, Dave Chappelle: For What it' s worth and another movie I refuse to say cause I fear for my life.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 17 Aug 06 21:42:16 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 06:25
LOCOROCO - this game have been given red lights for quite some time - later DS succes made Sony change their minds.And when I say that it' s a DS kind of game , I' m not making any fanboy comments.It' s the lesson Sony got from the DS (and Kirby' s Canvas Course).

I' m far from saying that this game doesn' t deserve to be called great cause it' s a rip off or something, I' m just saying that the control scheme and visual style are very typical for the DS game (like Kirby) and that' s it - PSP got a DS game and it' s doing great :)

I' m not getting a PSP cause I need only 1 handheld, I would get it for it' s emulators alone.

Other things that stop mi from getting it - BATTERY LIFE - it' s fuckin terrible.

Here' s a nice software comparison based on one site - IGN (since some conspiracy lovers say they are biased towards Nintendo and Sony)

PSP :

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror Shooter 9.3 Mar 10, 2006

WipEout Pure Racing Action 9.3 Mar 18, 2005

Tekken: Dark Resurrection Fighting 9.2 Jul 20, 2006

Ridge Racer Racing 9.1 Mar 17, 2005

Daxter Platformer 9.0 Mar 9, 2006

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories Action 9.0 Oct 24, 2005

6 games in the 9/10 category and most of them have a better version on home consoles.Daxter is the only game showing that psp can do more than downgraded ports from PS2

DS:

New Super Mario Bros. Platformer 9.5 May 6, 2006

Mario Kart DS Racing 9.5 Nov 11, 2005

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Action Adventure 9.3 Oct 4, 2005

Metroid Prime: Hunters Shooter 9.0 Mar 21, 2006

Tetris DS Puzzle 9.0 Mar 15, 2006

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time RPG 9.0 Nov 28, 2005

Sonic Rush Action 9.0 Nov 11, 2005

Advance Wars: Dual Strike Strategy 9.0 Aug 19, 2005

Meteos Puzzle 9.0 Jun 24, 2005

Kirby Canvas Curse Action 9.0 Jun 10, 2005

10 games - almost 2 times more.

Battery life -

DS - approx.9h
PSP - approx. 5h (or less)
DS Lite 19h (lowest brightness - perfect for gaming) - 9h (highest brightness - perfect for gaming outside on a sunny day)

These are my two factors when I say DS is kickin' PSP' s ass.Battery life was always my main problem with the psp - yhat' s why I' ll never consider getting one , not for this price.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 17 Aug 06 22:27:31 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 12:06

Mastachefbkw, i think what you' re saying is NON SENSE, everyone would agree that psp has more than one game, what you repeating here is a cliché of how DS has much more quality games than PSP which i believe is faulse.

Have a look at IGN, and compare PSP and DS reviews , you would notice that the number of DS games that got high scores are greater in number if yuo compare it to the psp, however only slighlty not that much.

hearing all the fuss going on , one would think that DS is a paradise of great games, the only games i' m really interested in on that hanheld is Castlevania and mario , mario kart as well (with wifi) anything else so far isn' t THAT exciting for me, i don' t see much AAA titles so far which what the public and media try us to believe.. ok may be i' m wrong since i don' t own a DS i' m ONLY basing my point of view based on reviews in major sites.

I would agree without any doubt that PSP should aquire more great games if it needs to survive in the future, sony should do something about it, as someone said before maybe psp Is for the future, sony has a long term strategy ... and PS3 will SURELY help to boost psp sales

by the way , try those gamesloco roco, daxter , luminies , Xmen, Tekken those are some exemples of Good/great titles on psp

also, if you use your backups instead of using your UMD' s, you would save the energy battery and reduce greatly the loading times.

wtf are u talking about? how is buy a $ 700 PS3 going to make me want to buy a $ 250 PSP when the only game that i and just about anyone would be interested in is GTA but why get it when i have it on my xbox with faster loading times?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 20, 2006 17:07

RUMOR: PlayStation Magazine has reported a number of unconfirmed news about the new model of PSP:

* Samsung has signed a contract with Sony to supply a huge quantity of 8GB Flash storage chips, which will be incorporated into the new PSP
* The 8MB storage plays a key role in downloading contents on PSP, via online or PS3
* The new PSP will have a built-in camera which should have same functions as the EyeToy
* Production costs of the new PSP will be lower than the current mode, because it will be slimmer and easier to produce
* A new configuration for the UMD slot, the game will be inserted directly into the system
* The new version of PSP is expected to launch in spring 2007

magicbox, update 18/08/06
]GaNgStA[

RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 20, 2006 20:03
BOGUS - gamespot has a long interview with Kaz Hirai (SoA) and he says they are happy with the design and it stays.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 20, 2006 22:53
remember the ds lite was annoced just a month or so before launch. it isnt impossible, and it would be stupid of sony not to do this.

Now, I hope they have some killer games with this psp lite[er]
ginjirou

RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 01:46

Other things that stop mi from getting it - BATTERY LIFE - it' s fuckin terrible.

I just found a 3600 mAh battery on the Internet for the PSP which doubles the playtime. I never play five hours before I have to recharge so I don' t know if I' m buying it. But if you ever get a PSP it might come in handy. It only costs 350 SEK = 50 US$.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 02:28

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

BOGUS - gamespot has a long interview with Kaz Hirai (SoA) and he says they are happy with the design and it stays.

But in that light, shouldn' t we all have PS3' s already? I' m sure there will be a redesign of the psp at some point, unless a sucessor is nearby - which i doubt. Besides if Kaz said he was redesigning the psp, everyone would just up and wait for that, psp sales would fall through the floor.
< Message edited by uumai -- 20 Aug 06 18:29:47 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 06:03

remember the ds lite was annoced just a month or so before launch. it isnt impossible, and it would be stupid of sony not to do this.

yes , but they denied any attempts to redesign it (the PSP)

UUMAI - sure , one day it could be redesigned :)
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 14:41

I' m a DS kind of person and I love my Enamel Navy baby :)

OOC, Gangsta, would you kill me, cos I' m selling my 1 month old DS right now =/

Actually, I still love it with a vengeance, BUT, I think I squished it and ah...something' s really funky with the GBA slot right now so I' m going to sell it off with the two month warranty and get money for that black DS Lite

Edit: Oh the DS Camera thingie: http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&q=DS+Lite+Camera&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

So far, that' s about it. Some home-brewed attachment, but nothing official obviously.
< Message edited by Byakko -- 21 Aug 06 6:44:53 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 20:18

OOC, Gangsta, would you kill me, cos I' m selling my 1 month old DS right now =/

I don' t kill people for selling their DS Lite (at least not officially) :)

The black one is nice that' s for sure - but it takes a lot of cleaning to keep it in good shape - fingerprints are terrible on enamel navy and black DS.

Anyway - I' ve got my G6 and it so totally rocks :)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 20:22

HA! That' s where you' re wrong :p.. But then again maybe I' m just not self-respecting

I bought both versions of Advent Children, Dave Chappelle: For What it' s worth and another movie I refuse to say cause I fear for my life.

Mmmm why would you spent money on a movie you already own????? Weird! you have to much money, thats what it is! now hand some over!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 23:14

Mmmm why would you spent money on a movie you already own????? Weird! you have to much money, thats what it is! now hand some over!

Lol, one can only wish they have too much money
But in all honesty, If I already own the DVD version of a movie that I really like and the UMD version is reasonably priced then I' ll pick it up... Those types of movies I' d MUCH rather buy again rather than sit there converting. I originally converted the DVD version of Advent Children over to the PSP but then bought the movie and deleted the file. I like to save the converting process for stuff I CAN' T get on UMD, or stuff I don' t think is really worth buying twice.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message