How 2 save the PSP?

_Ninja_Protocol_
  • Total Posts : 212
  • Reward points : 0
How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 15, 2006 14:33
When the PSP first came out it looked very promising with its amazing graphics, movie, and music support. A year later the DS " Lite" is released and is quickly gobbled up by everyone (even me, even though I dislike handhelds)... and then it seems like the PSP is kind of forgotten.

Here is what I believe needs to be done for Sony to do if it plans to rebound and take on the DS.

1. Really cool games...constantly...
2. Price Drop! PSP costs more then what I payed for on my Xbox...
3. Add another analog type " pad" on the other side of the handheld...THEN they' d could easily port over pretty much every game out there...

Is there anything I missed? Probably...

(Question): Did UMD have a format competitor? Or did Sony just screw themselves over even with out competition?
...Random Madness, Forward...

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 15, 2006 15:12

Did UMD have a format competitor? Or did Sony just screw themselves over even without competition?

They pretty much screwed themselves over with that format! No self respecting person, fool or not! will pay for the same movie twice, in normal and in UMD!

Vx Chemical
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 15, 2006 16:09
On another note! Dont worry about saving it, just give it its proper burial and send it on its way! It will never be as good as the DS, and with a MS handheld on its way! bon voyage Sony!

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 15, 2006 16:33
EGM said that Sony was going to make a redesign for the PSP.

The DS too (not just Lite).

Apparently, both Nintendo and Sony were planning of putting in cameras to their handhelds. Whether or not it' s an attachment, or a whole redesign is unknown.

Prolly, Nintendo would make it an attachment (I' d HATE to see how over 8 million DS owners would seethe knowing their DSes were obsolete in less than a year. Esp. those Lite owners like me)

If Sony still supports it' s handheld, which it does, it' ll prolly be in the ' new' redesign. If ever.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 15, 2006 19:29

I' d HATE to see how over 8 million DS owners would seethe knowing their DSes were obsolete in less than a year. Esp. those Lite owners like me

No that must have been some rumor and a very untrue one.They wouldn' t make any changes to their hardware that cut their 21 mln user base from getting the software.That and there was their official statement that DS LITE is not going to be redesigned (at least for now ofc).Quite honestly I don' t think they could improve on Lite even more.And the old DS is still 100% functional.

What PSP needs is a redesign like this :

- Analog - a real one
- D-Pad - like in Neo Geo Pocket Color (what a D-pad it was)
- Downloadable games - no stupid UMD (it makes it bigger , it shortens it' s battery life and so on)
- UMD movie CODEC free to everyone , so that users can encode their videos in amazing quality.

One thing needs to be mentioned here - PSP , while selling 1/4 of what DS is selling , is still a succes - it' s selling better than PS2 in Japan and it' s selling really good in both US and EU.It' s far from dead.Last week it had it' s first No1 in Japanese top ten sellers list (GUNDAM).

I' m a DS kind of person and I love my Enamel Navy baby :)

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 00:49
Save the Psp?

you got to be kidding, it is still selling very well even if the lite is at top.

The N-gage, Gizomomdo, etc need saving.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 01:32

The N-gage, Gizomomdo, etc need saving.

No, they need 1000 hammers and a school full of sugared up elementary kids to finish them off. There was as far as I' m concerned, only one passable game on the N-gage, and that was Chaos Theory. Gizmondo had... um... Sticky Balls.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 01:34
The PSP doesn' t need to be saved. It' s pretty good as it is. What the PSP needs is something that will teach everyone how great the PSP actually is.

]GaNgStA[
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 05:56

What the PSP needs is something that will teach everyone how great the PSP actually is.

Exactly - in other words ...it needs saving

I kid , I kid :)

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 07:51

Japan Game Sales Week of July 31 to August 6, 2006

1) SD Gundam G Generation Portable
Publisher: Bandai Developer: Namco Bandai Games
Platform: PSP Category: Turn-Based Strategy
Release Date: Aug 3, 2006

2) New Super Mario Bros.
Publisher: Nintendo | Platform: DS | Category: Platformers
release: May 15, 2006

3) Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken SE
Publisher: Sega | Platform: PS2 | Category: Parlor Games
release: Aug 10, 2006

4) Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi Gohi-Kini
Publisher: Bandai | Platform: DS | Category: Other Strategy Games
release: Jul 27, 2006

5) Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Publisher: Nintendo | Platform: DS | Category: Basketball
release: Sep 11, 2006

6) Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Motto Nou o Kitaeru Otona DS Training
Publisher: Nintendo | Platform: DS | Category: Miscellaneous
release: Dec 29, 2005

7) Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi
Publisher: Nintendo Japan | Platform: DS | Category: Miscellaneous
release: Jul 20, 2006

8) Sengoku Basara 2
Publisher: Capcom | Platform: PS2 | Category: Action Adventure
release: Jul 27, 2006

9) Rhythm Tengoku
Publisher: Nintendo | Platform: GBA | Category: Rhythm Games
release: Aug 3, 2006

10) Growlanser V Generations
Publisher: Atlus Co. | Platform: PS2 | Category: Role-Playing
release: Aug 3, 2006

...i think that Sony have a more longer term strategy with the PSP, like they do with their consoles... ...i would expect things to steadily improve over time....

...also a price drop is pretty much guaranteed sooner or later.....
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

]GaNgStA[
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 09:53
Maybe later cause they have just denied any price cut in the near future :)

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 10:39
well the psp has 2 options:

get a price drop (not just take all the stuff out of the psp bundle and call it a price drop) then get more than 1 good game.

or it can just die its proper death.

its prettysad that i can get a ps2 with an screen for less than a psp, and basically all a psp is, is a portable ps1. and its only good game which is GTA: LCS(which still pretty much sucks), and all they can come up with to help it sale is to put Vice City on it? which will prob. be atleast $ 30 when u can get one with out the 2 hour loading times on xbox plus GTA 3(which really istn adding much )but still why buy it?

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 21:46
Mastachefbkw, i think what you' re saying is NON SENSE, everyone would agree that psp has more than one game, what you repeating here is a cliché of how DS has much more quality games than PSP which i believe is faulse.

Have a look at IGN, and compare PSP and DS reviews , you would notice that the number of DS games that got high scores are greater in number if yuo compare it to the psp, however only slighlty not that much.

hearing all the fuss going on , one would think that DS is a paradise of great games, the only games i' m really interested in on that hanheld is Castlevania and mario , mario kart as well (with wifi) anything else so far isn' t THAT exciting for me, i don' t see much AAA titles so far which what the public and media try us to believe.. ok may be i' m wrong since i don' t own a DS i' m ONLY basing my point of view based on reviews in major sites.

I would agree without any doubt that PSP should aquire more great games if it needs to survive in the future, sony should do something about it, as someone said before maybe psp Is for the future, sony has a long term strategy ... and PS3 will SURELY help to boost psp sales

by the way , try those gamesloco roco, daxter , luminies , Xmen, Tekken those are some exemples of Good/great titles on psp

also, if you use your backups instead of using your UMD' s, you would save the energy battery and reduce greatly the loading times.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 16, 2006 22:13
Bah... handhelds... I' ll stick with my Gameboy color and Nomad... niether of which I use anymore.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

ginjirou
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 17, 2006 02:59
The PSP rules.
To you who are waiting for great games you should know that there are great games out already, BIG NAMES too. And LOTS more to come. To mention a few of the games out there/incoming, here' s a list. (Games that are only announced/in development are shown in this style)

Loved franchises on consoles that have been/are being made for the PSP:
Ridge Racer
Metal Gear Solid (yeah, a real one this time)
Silent Hill
Burnout
Tekken
Street Fighter
Guilty Gear
Jak and Daxter (just Daxter this time)
Ratchet and Clank
Grand Theft Auto
Final Fantasy VII
The Sims
Syphon Filter
Socom US Navy Seals
Monster Hunter
Tony Hawk
Dragon Ball Z (popular in Japan)
Outrun
Virtua Tennis
Need For Speed
Megaman
Fight Night
Wipeout
Lego Star Wars
Mortal Kombat
Gran Turismo 4 Mobile
Killzone
Sonic
Dynasty Warriors (I think it sucked but fans should be satisfied)
Ace Combat
Ys

Some other interesting titles:
Gun
Twisted Metal Head-on
Star Wars Battlefront
Everybody' s golf
Magna Carta
Tons of popular sports games
Ape Escape
Medal of Honour
Splinter Cell
Call of Duty
Command and Conquer

And then we have new names like
LocoRoco
Lumines
Field Commander
Pursuit Force
Metal Gear ACID
Untold Legends
Mercury
Talkman
Armed Core

And also great ports of older games like:
Breath of Fire 3
Tales of Eternia
PoPoLoCrois
Valkyre - Profile Lenneth
Metal Slug
Namco Museum
Midway Arcade Treasures
Sega Genesis Collection
Capcom Classics Collection
Gradius Collection

If you don' t love at least five of those, or find at least ten of them to be interesting, then you simply don' t like videogames at all

Add mp3-playback, video playback, photos, Internet Browser, wireless online play, best looking handheld design ever, lovely screen, amazing graphics, analog stick, PS2/PS3 compatibility, updates via yourpsp.com and the upcoming PS1 emulator and you' ve got a great portable console.

EDIT: According to my date this post was made the exact moment of 19.00.00
Wow.....
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 16 Aug 06 19:12:10 >

Silentbomber
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 17, 2006 05:27

EDIT: According to my date this post was made the exact moment of 19.00.00
Wow..

Clearly you are infected with the Devil. Hold still While I banish the evil, with fire.

trust me, this hurts me more than it will hurt you.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 16 Aug 06 21:28:17 >

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 17, 2006 05:31
couldn' t agree with you more Ginjirou, you really showed him, and not basing your arguments on bullshit (psp has psone graphics)

]GaNgStA[
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 17, 2006 06:10

what you repeating here is a cliché of how DS has much more quality games than PSP which i believe is faulse.

That' s just stupid to say ...really

one would think that DS is a paradise of great games, the only games i' m really interested in on that hanheld is Castlevania and mario , mario kart as well (with wifi) anything else so far isn' t THAT exciting for me

Well that' s just you Abo.To be honest it' s hard to be excited about any DS game without trying it - same deal with the Wii.It' s not easy to explain " FUN" - try explaining your mother why you play games and what' s cool about them if you don' t believe me.

i don' t see much AAA titles so far which what the public and media try us to believe

You make it sound like every DS owner had a brainwash or something - if you can' t see all the AAA content then you clearly are BLIND.

also, if you use your backups instead of using your UMD' s, you would save the energy battery and reduce greatly the loading times.

Yeah and if you change parts in your Xbox you can have it as powerful as 360.

Guys don' t tell me this Analog crap is in any way an advantage...

Sure there are many games coming out someday (some sooner some later - but nobody knows if they are any good).I' m far from saying PSP doesn' t have good games like Virtua Tenis,Tekken (if you like it),Locoroco(if it' s as good as " media makes us believe" ),Ridge Racer,Wipeout,SF Alpha 3...and maybe one or two more for now.

DS won thanks to great software - it won even though it looked terrible,had much lower specs , terrible screens and so on - but that software was so good , that it actually won way before LITE was released.

I mean...haven' t you heard?

...Hello?

Anyway PSP fans I recommend mentioning the underground scene for the PSP if you' re arguing next time - it' s a really huge benefit of the PSP.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 16 Aug 06 22:13:58 >

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 17, 2006 06:44

couldn' t agree with you more Ginjirou, you really showed him, and not basing your arguments on bullshit (psp has psone graphics)

.....i think you' re being too hard on him... ...slack-jawed retards have rights too you know....
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

ginjirou
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 17, 2006 18:31

Sure there are many games coming out someday (some sooner some later - but nobody knows if they are any good).I' m far from saying PSP doesn' t have good games like Virtua Tenis,Tekken (if you like it),Locoroco(if it' s as good as " media makes us believe" ),Ridge Racer,Wipeout,SF Alpha 3...and maybe one or two more for now.

You' re only mentioning the top AAA titles and you' re forgetting Daxter and GTA. Apart from those there are tons more that are very enjoyable. If I were to mention only the absolute AAA titles of the DS the list wouldn' t be very big either.
The idea that the DS would have tons more quality games than the PSP IS a cliché. The DS does have more great games but the amount isn' t enough to say the PSP ' s library is bad in any way. The DS was also released many months before the PSP giving it a head start in software. Most of the quality titles are Nintendo' s first party titles, as always with Nintendo. Lots of the third party developers appears to be having trouble using the DS hardware in a good way. The only reason the DS has its massive third party support is because it sells better. So people who aren' t into Nintendo' s games simply have nothing to gain from the DS.
The PSP on the other hand has lots more great third party titles than the DS and developers aren' t having any problems with using the PSP' s functions.
I' d say they' re equals in quality titles. But since the hardware is very different the games are hard to directly compare. The DS could never give you a good portable experience of a recent home console game, something the PSP can.
But the PSP could never bring as innovative games as the DS can.
The PSP has its media capabilities, the DS its simplicity and price.

Guys don' t tell me this Analog crap is in any way an advantage...

The analog " stick" is definitely an advantage. Some games simply require an analog stick. The DS uses it' s touch-screen instead but many have found it to be uncomfortable.
On the other hand, the PSP d-pad sucks while the DS d-pad is good.

DS won thanks to great software - it won even though it looked terrible,had much lower specs , terrible screens and so on - but that software was so good , that it actually won way before LITE was released.

I agree that the DS has better sales (it' s a fact) and that it' s a really amazing portable console. I like the DS.
I' m just saying that the PSP isn' t as bad as lots of Nintendo fanboys says it is.
The PSP is a great portable console. It' s worth buying and it can give you lots of experiences the DS can' t.
If you simply like home consoles games on the go and don' t care for innovation, then the PSP simply is your console of choice. If you want more than just games, like video and music, then there' s no question of which console to buy.
It' s the same thing like the Wii vs 360. They' re both damn good. Just different.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 17 Aug 06 10:54:09 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 17, 2006 20:55
Most of my qoutes were from Abos posts , cause your posts were very true and objective.

The analog " stick" is definitely an advantage. Some games simply require an analog stick. The DS uses it' s touch-screen instead but many have found it to be uncomfortable.
On the other hand, the PSP d-pad sucks while the DS d-pad is good.

It simply doesn' t work - I' d rather play racing games (Like RR) on D-Pad than this analog wannabe stick.

As for AAA titles...it simply not true that both consoles have same amounts of top quality games.PSP is far behind the DS - if you consider games like Trauma Center or Phenix Write Ace Attorney or Brain Age lower than AAA cause they aren' t typical games than you' re clearly missing the point.(especially when you later give credits to LOCOROCO which is a DS kind of game on a PSP)

Software is definitely on DS' s side and it' s not a slight advantage.While you say that PSP has many titles that aren' t AAA but are fun, DS has them as well and also more of them.It' s a fact, look it up :)

I' m not dissing PSP here though - it' s far from failure - it' s selling very well and it does some nice things , but software , " analog" and D-pad , batterylife and loadtimes from hell are it' s main weaknesses.The strenghts are : screen,3D visuals,storage capacity,design,media functions and homebrew scene.

Since software is it' s big weakness now it means that PSP could still be succesful - cause this problem can be solved eventually.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 17 Aug 06 12:58:23 >

ginjirou
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 00:18

It simply doesn' t work - I' d rather play racing games (Like RR) on D-Pad than this analog wannabe stick.

I take it that RR is the only game you' ve played on the PSP...
Daxter and GTA has perfect control thanks to the analog stick. Especially Daxter, it' s near perfect.

As for AAA titles...it simply not true that both consoles have same amounts of top quality games.PSP is far behind the DS - if you consider games like Trauma Center or Phenix Write Ace Attorney or Brain Age lower than AAA cause they aren' t typical games than you' re clearly missing the point.(especially when you later give credits to LOCOROCO which is a DS kind of game on a PSP)

I made a part of the text big because there' s some serious fanboy signs in it, be careful Gangsta...

I don' t like arguing with you but even though some games aren' t typical you still have to base this on facts. The facts are that the reviews on lots of innovative DS games that you love aren' t getting good enough scores as AAA titles should be getting. Being innovative and different doesn' t automatically make a game good.
Calling LocoRoco a " DS kind of game" is the biggest crap I' ve ever heard. Sorry for using such strong words but if the PSP can make a cute and different game that works and is fun, why not? Does the DS have exclusive rights to cute and innovative games? I don' t think so and LocoRoco is proof that even the PSP can give different experiences.

It' s a fact, look it up :)

The DS sucks because you can' t connect it to a PS3. You can do that with the PSP, so the DS is trash. It' s a fact, look it up!

I' m not dissing PSP here though - it' s far from failure - it' s selling very well and it does some nice things , but software , " analog" and D-pad , batterylife and loadtimes from hell are it' s main weaknesses.The strenghts are : screen,3D visuals,storage capacity,design,media functions and homebrew scene.

Since software is it' s big weakness now it means that PSP could still be succesful - cause this problem can be solved eventually.

Did you check my list? It' s full of amazing worthy software and the PSP hasn' t been on the market for very long. I guess you like the DS titles more but of all the titles I listed you should like enough titles to at least find a PSP worth buying?

To be honest though, I prefer the DS above the PSP. Because I love Nintendo' s games and I' m not much into media capabilities and that stuff. But the good PSP titles have been stealing money from my DS budget so I haven' t got one yet .
And then there' s the Wii.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 17 Aug 06 16:34:48 >

ginjirou
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 00:37
The Wii. The Wii. The Wii.

I can' t hold it anymore....

Here it goes:

Wii DS

Nintendo

Playing = Believing

Silentbomber
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 01:22
isnt this about the psp?

ginjirou
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 01:28
Yes, and stuff related to the PSP. Such as the DS, which is made by Nintendo. Who also happens to make the Wii. See, it' s about the PSP.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 05:35

No self respecting person, fool or not! will pay for the same movie twice, in normal and in UMD!

HA! That' s where you' re wrong :p.. But then again maybe I' m just not self-respecting

I bought both versions of Advent Children, Dave Chappelle: For What it' s worth and another movie I refuse to say cause I fear for my life.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 17 Aug 06 21:42:16 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

]GaNgStA[
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 06:25
LOCOROCO - this game have been given red lights for quite some time - later DS succes made Sony change their minds.And when I say that it' s a DS kind of game , I' m not making any fanboy comments.It' s the lesson Sony got from the DS (and Kirby' s Canvas Course).

I' m far from saying that this game doesn' t deserve to be called great cause it' s a rip off or something, I' m just saying that the control scheme and visual style are very typical for the DS game (like Kirby) and that' s it - PSP got a DS game and it' s doing great :)

I' m not getting a PSP cause I need only 1 handheld, I would get it for it' s emulators alone.

Other things that stop mi from getting it - BATTERY LIFE - it' s fuckin terrible.

Here' s a nice software comparison based on one site - IGN (since some conspiracy lovers say they are biased towards Nintendo and Sony)

PSP :

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror Shooter 9.3 Mar 10, 2006

WipEout Pure Racing Action 9.3 Mar 18, 2005

Tekken: Dark Resurrection Fighting 9.2 Jul 20, 2006

Ridge Racer Racing 9.1 Mar 17, 2005

Daxter Platformer 9.0 Mar 9, 2006

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories Action 9.0 Oct 24, 2005

6 games in the 9/10 category and most of them have a better version on home consoles.Daxter is the only game showing that psp can do more than downgraded ports from PS2

DS:

New Super Mario Bros. Platformer 9.5 May 6, 2006

Mario Kart DS Racing 9.5 Nov 11, 2005

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Action Adventure 9.3 Oct 4, 2005

Metroid Prime: Hunters Shooter 9.0 Mar 21, 2006

Tetris DS Puzzle 9.0 Mar 15, 2006

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time RPG 9.0 Nov 28, 2005

Sonic Rush Action 9.0 Nov 11, 2005

Advance Wars: Dual Strike Strategy 9.0 Aug 19, 2005

Meteos Puzzle 9.0 Jun 24, 2005

Kirby Canvas Curse Action 9.0 Jun 10, 2005

10 games - almost 2 times more.

Battery life -

DS - approx.9h
PSP - approx. 5h (or less)
DS Lite 19h (lowest brightness - perfect for gaming) - 9h (highest brightness - perfect for gaming outside on a sunny day)

These are my two factors when I say DS is kickin' PSP' s ass.Battery life was always my main problem with the psp - yhat' s why I' ll never consider getting one , not for this price.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 17 Aug 06 22:27:31 >

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 18, 2006 12:06

Mastachefbkw, i think what you' re saying is NON SENSE, everyone would agree that psp has more than one game, what you repeating here is a cliché of how DS has much more quality games than PSP which i believe is faulse.

Have a look at IGN, and compare PSP and DS reviews , you would notice that the number of DS games that got high scores are greater in number if yuo compare it to the psp, however only slighlty not that much.

hearing all the fuss going on , one would think that DS is a paradise of great games, the only games i' m really interested in on that hanheld is Castlevania and mario , mario kart as well (with wifi) anything else so far isn' t THAT exciting for me, i don' t see much AAA titles so far which what the public and media try us to believe.. ok may be i' m wrong since i don' t own a DS i' m ONLY basing my point of view based on reviews in major sites.

I would agree without any doubt that PSP should aquire more great games if it needs to survive in the future, sony should do something about it, as someone said before maybe psp Is for the future, sony has a long term strategy ... and PS3 will SURELY help to boost psp sales

by the way , try those gamesloco roco, daxter , luminies , Xmen, Tekken those are some exemples of Good/great titles on psp

wtf are u talking about? how is buy a $ 700 PS3 going to make me want to buy a $ 250 PSP when the only game that i and just about anyone would be interested in is GTA but why get it when i have it on my xbox with faster loading times?

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 20, 2006 17:07

RUMOR: PlayStation Magazine has reported a number of unconfirmed news about the new model of PSP:

* Samsung has signed a contract with Sony to supply a huge quantity of 8GB Flash storage chips, which will be incorporated into the new PSP
* The 8MB storage plays a key role in downloading contents on PSP, via online or PS3
* The new PSP will have a built-in camera which should have same functions as the EyeToy
* Production costs of the new PSP will be lower than the current mode, because it will be slimmer and easier to produce
* A new configuration for the UMD slot, the game will be inserted directly into the system
* The new version of PSP is expected to launch in spring 2007

magicbox, update 18/08/06
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

]GaNgStA[
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 20, 2006 20:03
BOGUS - gamespot has a long interview with Kaz Hirai (SoA) and he says they are happy with the design and it stays.

Silentbomber
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 20, 2006 22:53
remember the ds lite was annoced just a month or so before launch. it isnt impossible, and it would be stupid of sony not to do this.

Now, I hope they have some killer games with this psp lite[er]

ginjirou
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 01:46

Other things that stop mi from getting it - BATTERY LIFE - it' s fuckin terrible.

I just found a 3600 mAh battery on the Internet for the PSP which doubles the playtime. I never play five hours before I have to recharge so I don' t know if I' m buying it. But if you ever get a PSP it might come in handy. It only costs 350 SEK = 50 US$.

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 02:28

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

BOGUS - gamespot has a long interview with Kaz Hirai (SoA) and he says they are happy with the design and it stays.

But in that light, shouldn' t we all have PS3' s already? I' m sure there will be a redesign of the psp at some point, unless a sucessor is nearby - which i doubt. Besides if Kaz said he was redesigning the psp, everyone would just up and wait for that, psp sales would fall through the floor.
< Message edited by uumai -- 20 Aug 06 18:29:47 >
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

]GaNgStA[
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 06:03

remember the ds lite was annoced just a month or so before launch. it isnt impossible, and it would be stupid of sony not to do this.

yes , but they denied any attempts to redesign it (the PSP)

UUMAI - sure , one day it could be redesigned :)

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 14:41

I' m a DS kind of person and I love my Enamel Navy baby :)

OOC, Gangsta, would you kill me, cos I' m selling my 1 month old DS right now =/

Actually, I still love it with a vengeance, BUT, I think I squished it and ah...something' s really funky with the GBA slot right now so I' m going to sell it off with the two month warranty and get money for that black DS Lite

Edit: Oh the DS Camera thingie: http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&q=DS+Lite+Camera&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

So far, that' s about it. Some home-brewed attachment, but nothing official obviously.
< Message edited by Byakko -- 21 Aug 06 6:44:53 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 20:18

OOC, Gangsta, would you kill me, cos I' m selling my 1 month old DS right now =/

I don' t kill people for selling their DS Lite (at least not officially) :)

The black one is nice that' s for sure - but it takes a lot of cleaning to keep it in good shape - fingerprints are terrible on enamel navy and black DS.

Anyway - I' ve got my G6 and it so totally rocks :)

Vx Chemical
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 20:22

HA! That' s where you' re wrong :p.. But then again maybe I' m just not self-respecting

I bought both versions of Advent Children, Dave Chappelle: For What it' s worth and another movie I refuse to say cause I fear for my life.

Mmmm why would you spent money on a movie you already own????? Weird! you have to much money, thats what it is! now hand some over!

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: How 2 save the PSP? - Aug 21, 2006 23:14

Mmmm why would you spent money on a movie you already own????? Weird! you have to much money, thats what it is! now hand some over!

Lol, one can only wish they have too much money
But in all honesty, If I already own the DVD version of a movie that I really like and the UMD version is reasonably priced then I' ll pick it up... Those types of movies I' d MUCH rather buy again rather than sit there converting. I originally converted the DVD version of Advent Children over to the PSP but then bought the movie and deleted the file. I like to save the converting process for stuff I CAN' T get on UMD, or stuff I don' t think is really worth buying twice.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.