Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 19, 2006 19:38
Well given I was talking about this game, and fahrenheit so much i should really comment on here.

I recently got hold of the version with sound, and must say I was blown away.

The music and voice acting was really good, the story told in that part is really good, I totally wanted it to be a game that I could play through.

Anyway I have watched the trailer maybe 5 times so here are some thoughts.

Firstly to me, the girl looks like ' Shelley Duvall' from Kubrick' s " The Shining"

Big eyes and big teeth, I think it' s the closes match for me.

As for the ingame model, it is well done, like the graphics overall. It is however, lacking in facial animation. When she moves her mouth or makes expressions generally, her face doesn' t react to it. There is no muscle structure beneath her face. Her cheeks really need work.
Also the lip sync wasn' t fantastic.

However there is one point in the trailer where even her chin creased up - " Such a corny moment" she says @ around 1.42 (of gamevideos trailer)
This i thought was nice, there was lots of nice details that added to it. The blowing curtains and plants really made a big deal too. I' m sure the game will improve, and it is my favourite trailer of E3, I must be one of those rare people, who isn' t bothered in the least with MGS4
< Message edited by uumai -- 21 May 06 21:29:33 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 19, 2006 20:06
Oh yea, she does look like the girl from The Shining. She' s not quite as pathetic as her though!

I agree about the mouth too, it' s a bit wooden, but she almost makes up for it with the other detail in her facial expressions. I liked the detail where she wrinkles up her forehead/brow when she gets a bit upset later on.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 19, 2006 20:06
She looks like a guy,this game gonna freak me out...if they dont fix it very soon.
uumai

RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 20, 2006 00:20

She looks like a guy

Hmm, I really don' t agree but i' ve never seen sweedish men

this game gonna freak me out

Hopefully, it' s kind of what i am hoping for. The trailer has such an instense feeling to it, and she did the part well, just need to animate the muscles of her face more. Can' t wait.

but she almost makes up for it with the other detail in her facial expressions. I liked the detail where she wrinkles up her forehead/brow when she gets a bit upset later on

Me too, I said there wasn' t any brow changes, until i watched it again playing close attention. It' s all in the details, and it' s on my " to buy list" If it ever went 360 exclusive (like alan wake ) i think i' d have to forget ps3 for a long time.
QuezcatoL

RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 20, 2006 00:34
Dont get me wrong,i liked fahrenheit and im sure this game will be awesome,if david cage doesnt rush it as farhenheit then ps3 got AAA title.
But they need to fix her face,and dont make a 7 hour long game...and dont skip middle part of the story and suddenly its some weeks later and people fallen in love with each other meanwhilke,that was just retarded.
uumai

RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 20, 2006 00:40
I agree fahrenheit was rushed along a bit too much, it was fantastic at the begining. but at least they put in multiple endings.
It was one of my favourite current gen games. I liked the bleakness of it, it was great.

I' m sure that with the experience of Fahrenheit, heavy rain will only be better. And I doubt they will leave the model like that - heck they might not use it, it was after all only a casting session and apparently she was " too old" i think.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 21, 2006 08:03
I read this is a sequal to Fahrenheit.

Is that true?
uumai

RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 21, 2006 09:53
Hmm, I doubt it... Probably just a new game from them, if they are ' famous' for fahrenheit then people will refer to it as fahrenheit 2. For the time being i guess... Like ICO 2.

Thought there is a slight possibility of a sequel, but i think quantic dreams would want to do something new for the new generation, building on what they did and learned with fahrenheit.

Either way, it' s on my ' to buy' list - unless it' s the ultimate in crap ^_^;;
QuezcatoL

RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 21, 2006 23:50

Make her look like this and make the story longer then fahrenheit,and dont miss out on the middle story,and you may have a AAA title :)
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 22, 2006 02:02
when she points the gun at the camera and the backround is out of focus, damn, that looks allmost lifelike.

Just shows how some nice effects can enhance everything.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 21 May 06 18:02:23 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Heavy Rain by Quantic Dream (makers of Fahrenheit..) - May 22, 2006 03:48
Yes,but...
The animation in acut-scene makes its much more life like...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message