Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 God of War 2
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
God of War 2 - Mar 13, 2006 18:30
Hey y' all I was just reading a post on HDtvarcade forum where someone has posted a magazine scan of news that God of War 2: Devine Retribution will be coming to PS2.
I' ll post the link and post the pics so you can see

http://www.hdtvarcade.com/hdtvforum/viewtopic.php?t=4627

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 13, 2006 20:18

drool....
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 13, 2006 20:47
If it gets more polished it could be a Ninja Gaiden - since GoW1 was very close.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 13, 2006 21:03
I never got to play God of War (not owning a PS2 and all) but i did check out screens and movies, and i really wasnt that impressed, now the gameplay may be awesome, but i felt like (when i looked at it) it was kinda Golden Axe like (which was a great game)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 13, 2006 21:48

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

If it gets more polished it could be a Ninja Gaiden - since GoW1 was very close.

Meh!

I love God of War and think it' s one of PS2' s best games but it could never be Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden is seriously hardcore in every way. What Sony should have done is saved God of War 2 for PS3 and released it at launch!

This is a BIG mistake, ...unless they are already going to port it to PS3, which is unlikely...
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 13, 2006 22:16
...yeah, totally dumb to develop a possible killer app for a soon to be superseded machine....

...utter Homer style doltishness...

...D' oh!!!...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 00:52
Dumb?

It' s got a 100 mln user base.Add to his that PS3 is truly (not like 360 - what a fuckin lie) backwards compatible (that is if they won' t change it soon).

You have everything ready - the game engine , enviroment - it' s pure cash for them.

VX - you have no idea how much this game rox and you probably never will - a shame especially since you are the kind of guy that could be blown away by it (and many others on PS2)
Graphics are amazing - but there are places less pretty and more pretty.

Ninja Gaiden wasn' t that hardcore - I mean is it really that hard? hell no , but If you' re not blocking and keep buttonmashing as much as possible - you die :)

I find them both very alike.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 00:57
I agree that blocking was key in Ninja Gaiden. That' s what I didn' t like about it. I wanted to spend more time playing the game instead of defending myself from it. Plus the music wasn' t that great. The music in God of War got pretty old as well.
Bishonen

RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 01:30
.... you still haven' t got off the first stage, have you?

.....because the music is that great....

...you' ll need to finish it to unlock the music playback in the options screen though... ...very few modern games come anywhere close to Ninja Gaiden' s soundtrack...

...Also: i don' t know about Gears Of War, but mindless button mashing won' t get you pass the first boss in NG....
Joe Redifer

RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 02:10
The soundtrack for Ninja Gaiden was " appropriate" at best. Mostly Japanese flair and it is not known as a phenomenal soundtrack by anybody except Ninja Gaiden fanboys. It' s got nothing on the likes of Gradius, Socket, Phantasy Star 4, F-Zero GX, or even Otogi.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 02:45
Ninja Gaiden was pretty good game, I preferred God of War overall though. I wasn;t blown away by NG, i thought the xbox could do better (no character reflections in water? something Team Ninja doesn' t seem to like i believe DoA4 is the same, right?)

I can' t say I remember the music from NG at all... a little of GoW, and it fit the games mood well.

I would have thought they' d have waited for a near launch title or within first year of ps3 launch. Another killer app would have done sony good, given M$ headstart.

Still I have faith they will make another great game, and i' m gonna get it either way... well unless they do screw up.
Joe Redifer

RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 03:07
You are right, Team Ninja is allergic to character reflections. I think they just don' t know HOW to do them. They really hate them.
Bishonen

RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 21:21

not known as a phenomenal soundtrack by anybody except Ninja Gaiden fanboys.

...f*ck....

...i' ve been rumbled....
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 21:32
I cant remember liking a single sound track for a game, i play the game. Only thing i remember is Ultra bust a move had the most annoying sounds on Xbox. I dont listen much to the music in games. It just has to not be annoying and all is good
Nitro

RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 22:28
Ninja Gaidens soundtrack served it' s purpose but God of Wars was nothing special either. God od War was a cool game and mixed up a lot of different gameplays styles very successfully, but it still wasn' t as good as Ninja Gaiden.

As for PS3 being truly backwards compatible, ...that' s not 100% confirmed. At the moment they' re looking at whether they could do a download service akin to Revolutions Virtual Console, but Sony have previously said that it' s unlikely it' ll be completely backwards compatible, although that' s what they' re aiming for. No matter what though, it' ll still have to emulate the games because the technology and grapics chip are complately different!

Team Ninja just doesn' t like water physics. Most developers don' t like it because it' s hard to get right. Far Cry Predator' s water physics look nice but i still don' t think they' re good enough...
Bishonen

RE: God of War 2 - Mar 14, 2006 23:11
...geez.. what' s up with you ancient gamers?....

...Ninja Gaiden' s Soundtrack is FREAKIN' AWESOME dammit!!.....

....i demand that you all get up RIGHT NOW, fire it up and cycle through all the tunes in the sound test then come back and post your opinions.....

..those Heavy Rock and post-Industrial Trance tracks are lightyears ahead of most MODERN game soundtracks....

...i' d even go as far as saying that without such a strong showing in the sound department, i' d expect at least a full mark taken off it' s average review score...
Nitro

RE: God of War 2 - Mar 15, 2006 00:18
*Loads and checks out the soundtrack in Ninja Gaiden Black*

Ok, you' re right, the soundtrack rocks, but Quake 2 had a better soundtrack than Ninja Gaiden...

*Re-plays some of Ninja Gaiden Black*

God of War could NEVER be this good!!! If Sony want to make God of War 2 their own Ninja Gaiden, they have a LOT of work to do...
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 15, 2006 00:33
i' m surprise majikdragon that you prefer ninja gaiden to god of war, i played both and no way ninja gaiden could be better

from the story, to graphics (Art design please) to ideas and atmosphere to Music to gameplay itself, i don' t see where ninja gaiden is better, i' m not saying ninja gaiden is bad , it' s a good game but that' s it ....

in fact, god of war was much more respected than ninja gaiden by critics and i guess by people too, but i guess the lates don' t count since there are much more ps2 owners than xbox... but yeah , LONG LIFE GOD OF WAR 2.
Nitro

RE: God of War 2 - Mar 15, 2006 01:56
Ninja Gaiden Black is uber...

It' s a huge game. I mean, you get a re-packaged Ninja Gaiden, the 2 Xbox Live Hurricane mission packs, more costumes, missions and modes. Harder difficulties for those that love to die, ....A LOT.

The mission mode is just perfection!

It' s one of the nicest looking games on Xbox and still looks good against 360 titles. It' s a classic!

God of War was a cool game and the cutscenes were awesome but even the art direction wasn' t up to Ninja Gaidens standards...

Maybe i just prefer the unique experience Ninja Gaiden offers. I guess that because parts of God of War feel like Prince of Persia and Spartan: Total Warrior it doesn' t have the same impact on me that Ninja Gaiden does.

You can' t compare them visually because as nice as God of Wars looks, it' s still a PS2 game and can' t possibly live up to one of the best looking Xbox games there is.

The gameplay in God of War is more accessible and i can see that it would be popular amongst younger gamers who might be put off by Ninja Gaidens difficulty. Anyone who says Ninja Gaiden isn' t all that hard on the highest difficulty is a liar.

I love God of War but if i had to choose one it' d be Ninja Gaiden. But comparing them is like comparing SOCOM 3 to Ghost Recon 2/Summit Strike. It' s silly!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: God of War 2 - Mar 15, 2006 01:58
I never played " God of war" so i cant speak in a comparsion,however Ninja gaiden to me was a 94/100,it was a awesome action game,cant wait for the 2nd,and why did i like ninja gaiden?
The control was great,graphic awesome,and it forced you to play as a ninja,wasn' t easy at all,it forced the player to react and counter re-react to the A.I instead of button smashing.
The bosses and enemies was awesome.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread