Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!!
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 2 of 7, messages 21 to 40 of 129
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 03:28
Imagine Grand Theft Auto using an improved version of the Dead or Alive 4 graphic engine!!! Does that NOT make your mouth water??
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 03:37
No.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 03:53
gta4 will be in europe, or maybe London to be excat, since all games before hand followed the route of the ps1 games citys, vice city, san adreas etc. London is the only one they havent done yet.

Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 03:55
The graphics shown in Table Tennis for the 360 are easily possible on a larger GTA type scale on the 360. There will not only be minimal to zero downgrades there will also be more graphical bells and whistles than those shown in Table Tennis.

Fact is that was rockstars first 360 title it will take money more attempts to truly max out the potential on this console and after Table Tennis we can be pretty much assured that they have a better understanding of how to utilize the 360 far beyond what they did on Table Tennis.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 05:20
There' s very little actually going on in Table Tennis. You only have 2 functional characters to worry about, 1 NPC' s AI, minimal animations outside of the player characters and CPU opponent, no worries about draw distance or realistic (read ' natural' ) lighting or whether effects.

The game, like FNR3 is a graphical showcase. GTAiV will NOT use the same kind of detailed character models during gameplay. Like Mass Effect, cutscenes will feature much more highly detailed characters than you' ll see walking about in the street (whatever) when you' re actually playing it. Right now, even with XNA and DX10 it' s virtually impossible to recreate that kind of detail on such a massive scale.

San Andreas was huge but suffered because of it' s size. It has framerate issues, long loading times and tons of bugs and glitches. Creating something on that kind of scale (or even Vice City) using the same kind of high quality character models used in R* TT would kill 360 and PS3 alike. The game will have to have enough NPC' s walking about and enough traffic to be a convincing city, along with AI (although basic) for them all, animation cycles, realistic physics and advanced lighting, wich is a lot for the processors to worry about before it starts calculating user inputs!

It' s more realistic to expect character models akin to Oblivion.
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 07:34
All we know for sure is that the graphic we seen in Table Tennis is created by their Graphic engine.

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 08:11

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

All we know for sure is that the graphic we seen in Table Tennis is created by their Graphic engine.

I' m sorry QuezcatoL, but you confuse me!

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

It' s more realistic to expect character models akin to Oblivion.

True. That' s a good thing, right? I mean, I don' t need hyper-realistic NPCs in a free-roaming environment. I like the way Oblivion does faces. It' s so refreshing to play an RPG where the NPCs don' t all look the same.
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 08:15
What i meant was...

What we saw in Table Tennis was all made with their new graphic engine named " RAGE" ,that they also use in GTA4.

That' s positive...right?

In some real time cutscenes or place they might add that cool sweat on main characters.
Nitro

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 08:42

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

What i meant was...

What we saw in Table Tennis was all made with their new graphic engine named " RAGE" ,that they also use in GTA4.

That' s positive...right?

In some real time cutscenes or place they might add that cool sweat on main characters.

Yeah, but just as in the MGS series, the cutscenes will look better than the gameplay.

Table Tennis looks awesome, and Fight Night Round 3 is one of my favourite games on 360 so far, but to have those kind of models in a huge evnironment like those in GTA games would require more processing power than any of the consoles offer.

The RAGE engine will obviously be scalable and so like N3 where the cutscenes look f**king amazing, the gameplay will be dumbed down visually because of the amount of stuff that will be going on at any given point.

It' ll no doubt look good, but i don' t have very high hopes for the game itself. Like Terry said, it' d be better if it was set in something like a prison (they are setting Bully in a school afterall), and then, in confined spaces with less NPC' s and a much shorter draw distance, there' d be a better chance of the game looking as good as TT.

QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 08:46
Hong Kong,would love a asian main character or some white honkey going to honk kong making bad things there :P
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 10:56
Hopefully the next GTA will feature a similar create-a-player as Oblivion hell they used the same thing in Top Spin 2. And since 2k games is a subsidery of Take-Two Interactive...meh probably not. However, since Saints Row is allowing for fully custom players I hope GTA does similar. Chickapoo88 was angry when a female custom character was ousted from Saints Row.

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 13:43

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

gta4 will be in europe, or maybe London to be excat, since all games before hand followed the route of the ps1 games citys, vice city, san adreas etc. London is the only one they havent done yet.

Wow, I didn' t know that. London would be cool! The ps2 games took on the look and feel of various movies. Vice city had kind of a Miami Vice/Scarface feel to it and San Andreas was Boyz in the Hood all the way. They should make the fourth one mimic the Guy Ritchie movies. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch! That would be cool!

Maybe Jason Statham could voice one of the characters! Yeah! Or that guy who played Bricktop! Sweet!
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 16 Jun 06 5:46:49 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 21:24
Maybe Rockstar should take a leaf out of Shenmue' s books....

THEY should include an Arcade that you can go and play Table tennis all-day,
if you were running from the law, you could always break off into the table tennis
arcade and play 1 on 1... If you lose, you go to jail.. I f you win, he gives you
all his weapons, his wife, family and all his cop vehicles (helicopter, car, hummer
etc), and all his personal vehicles too. That would make the game so much fun.
You should also be able to break into houses and steal someone' s cat, then hold
a gun to it point blank and hold it as a hostage.

THAT WOULD ROCK!!!!!
Silentbomber

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 23:01
possibley you are a cop this time and you chase down criminals but end becoming one yourself at the end, set in london, and the new gameplay would be all the policeing dutys, with real time work hours just like shenmue.

Anyone see The Getaway for ps3? that looks fantatsic while still being quite large.
E_Capo

• Total Posts : 3
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 17, 2006 00:55
yeah gataway is a sweet game
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 17, 2006 06:14
Also remember this,dont you guys think GTA4 has a much bigger budget and team then Table Tennis had?

I think they had a timeline and a budget that was just enough to fit this off spin with a Table Tennis game.
Silentbomber

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 17, 2006 06:50
not to mention that the ps3 is much more powerfull than the 360 so I think GTA4 on ps3 will look BETTER than table tennis.
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 17, 2006 06:57
Perhaps you can demonstrate on what a ps3 does that proofs its much more powerful.

Nitro

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 17, 2006 07:09

Anyone see The Getaway for ps3? that looks fantatsic while still being quite large.

Getaway looks great. It' s being developed by one of Sony' s internal studio' s so i expect it to look better than 3rd party PS3 games.

Hopefully it' ll look as good as in the trailers!

(note that the caracters in the Getaway tech demo' s are relatively low poly but have very hard shadows and highlights applied to them from what looks to be some snazzy lighting)

I' d much rather play a well done Getaway than a GTA game any day of the week!

R*' s Table Tennis is AWESOME (i picked it up today) and not only do the characters clothes move freely and realisticaly but they also sweat and the sweat comes through your clothes after a while. It' s well worth it' s asking price!
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 17, 2006 07:11
Yes,we need to play again in Table Tennis
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 2 of 7, messages 21 to 40 of 129

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread