Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 48 of 48
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii - Apr 11, 2007 18:27
But if you can already play it on the GC then whats the reason to purchase a new system for it, unless you have a lot of money just sitting around
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii - Apr 11, 2007 23:01

ORIGINAL: Demonoroth

And last time I checked games were about having fun and good gameplay and not how well it looks and what technical nifty stunts they pull to make it work. All that matters is that it works and works well.

I wish people would stop saying this. From my point of view, the whole graphics vs gameplay debate is so pointless.

When people play a game, they expect good gameplay. It' s a fact. No one argues with that.

Nowdays, when people play a game they expect good graphics too. It' s a fact.

It' s time to face it: Graphics have become just another part of the checklist in what makes a game great. " Good Graphics" have become a standard, just like " Good Gameplay" . The player expects a certain minimum amount from each. One is no longer greater than the other. They both go hand in hand. They are just as important as each other and one will find that it' s very hard to make a spectacular game with just one of these elements.

I think that toward the later parts of it' s lifecycle, the Wii is going to find this out the hard way. The graphical standard is one that is continually evolving and as we go later into 2008, we may see the Wii unable to keep up with the standards that we expect. As with many others, I am holding off my purchase of the Wii based on game selection, but I am also hesitant because I have yet to see how they are going to keep up with standards. Nintendo' s first party games will probably shine, but everything else I' ve seen has been poor - and that smells like Gamecube syndrome.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 11 Apr 07 15:03:02 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii - Apr 12, 2007 01:30

TP may still only be a Gamecube title but it is sill an amazing game, one of the finest games I have played in a long time.

Fantastic game. Certainly one of the best ive played.

VF5 / TTP By far, two of the Best ' quality' titles ive played this generation.

RE: Excite Truck

It' s a great game, though it gets extremely hard later on. The controls and mechanics is where its at, uses the wiimote perfectly and gameplay-wie puts Motorstorm and other racers in their place. Graphics are cool too but yes, i do wish it had the physics and visuals of MS.

Gets boring? It' s like any game (ps3, DS, GC, 360), if your really diggin it, your going to continue playing it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii - Apr 12, 2007 02:28
About the whole graphics thing I have no problems with the Wii. I played Gears a while and then i played Twilight Princess straight after. My eyes were enjoying themselves much more when playing TP despite being technologically inferior. I think that good art direction is much more important than the tech-part of the visuals. Of course, extra power doesn' t hurt, but if I think a GCN game looks more pleasing than the most impressive 360 game, then it' s pretty clear that to me (and many others) the art direction is what matters.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii - Apr 12, 2007 10:39

TP may still only be a Gamecube title but it is sill an amazing game, one of the finest games I have played in a long time.

It is an amazing game.... on gamecube

EDIT:

but if I think a GCN game looks more pleasing than the most impressive 360 game, then it' s pretty clear that to me (and many others) the art direction is what matters.

And what GC games do you think look better than a 360 game?
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 12 Apr 07 2:41:32 >
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii - Apr 12, 2007 10:59

And what GC games do you think look better than a 360 game?

Sorry to butt in, but if you' re sole criteria in ' looking better' is screen resolution, polygon count and texture detail then obviously the answer is none.

Ginjirou was talking about the quality of the art and the most powerful machine in the world is nothing without creativity. From that perspective he has a perfectly valid point.

I' m on 62hrs played on Zelda:TP. Way more time than any 360 game has held my interest.

My 360' s blog http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=SpaceJase

If only it new the truth!

*edit* Hmm, guess you' ll have to copy and paste the link. Not sure what I' m doing wrong there?
< Message edited by spacejase -- 12 Apr 07 3:01:49 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii - Apr 12, 2007 11:10

Sorry to butt in, but if you' re sole criteria in ' looking better' is screen resolution, polygon count and texture detail then obviously the answer is none.

Dont worry about it thats what forums are for . But no, i could care less about the looks, i thought he said something about a gamecube game looking better than a 360 game, i was curious to see what he would say
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: EA pays the price of underestimating the Wii - Apr 12, 2007 15:58

My 360' s blog http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=SpaceJase

If only it new the truth!

*edit* Hmm, guess you' ll have to copy and paste the link. Not sure what I' m doing wrong there?

Put the url inside the first bracket after link=. In between the two sets of link brackets you can put a phrase like " click here."
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 48 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message