Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics)
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 73
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics) - Apr 02, 2006 04:18

SEGA is not SEGA ...not anymore

You' re right, it' s not SEGA, ...it' s ' SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS INC' and SEGA' s acquisition by SAMMY is the reason for lower quality titles than they used to put out.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics) - Apr 02, 2006 04:25
In a perfect world of mergers it would be ' Sega Namco'
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics) - Apr 02, 2006 07:33

(by the way, the first time you play the game it takes nearly a minute to load, I kid you not. Subsequent load times are shorter)

OK now go play a game or two of Halo 2. Now come back and play OutRun 2006. I bet it will take a minute or so to load again. Hell it takes Halo 2 nearly 5 minutes.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics) - Apr 02, 2006 07:36
Ive played Outrun 2006 today, and let me tell u this.. its ALOT prettier than alot of my 360 games.. SEGA have that style i love.. the drawdistance and background for instance pisses all over burnout..

2006 is one of the best looking ' games' ive seen.
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 02, 2006 09:15
Burnout Pwns SEGA BS, sega is the WORST managed company of any in history, not only do they suck, but they can' t hold foreign markets, and can' t maintain dominance in the states. The reason why SEGA exists is timing. SEGA allowed Mortal Kombat' s Violence on their console, and this allowed sulking in bling, g! So now they gots lots and lots of money, honey. They be spendin' and offendin' us whit the sony shiznat, damn boi! Yeah, whatever. ZOMGZ FREE BEER. jk lol.
dirtydog

• Total Posts : 33
RE: Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics) - Apr 02, 2006 15:33

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

(by the way, the first time you play the game it takes nearly a minute to load, I kid you not. Subsequent load times are shorter)

OK now go play a game or two of Halo 2. Now come back and play OutRun 2006. I bet it will take a minute or so to load again. Hell it takes Halo 2 nearly 5 minutes.

Fair enough - I haven' t played Halo 2 so I didn' t know that. It' s not exactly a deal breaker anyway as it' s only the first time.

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Ive played Outrun 2006 today, and let me tell u this.. its ALOT prettier than alot of my 360 games.. SEGA have that style i love.. the drawdistance and background for instance pisses all over burnout..

2006 is one of the best looking ' games' ive seen.

Do you have Ridge Racer 6 cos I' m wondering how it compares to that? Someone on another forum said RR6 is miles better, but then the Eurogamer 9/10 review said OR2006 looks just as good. I think they' re fairly similar games too, with the drifting and the rival races, ie. start at the back and have to finish at/near the front by the end of the race.
Joe Redifer

RE: Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics) - Apr 02, 2006 16:54

It' s not exactly a deal breaker anyway as it' s only the first time.

You mean " the first time after playing another game that uses the hard drive cache" . It will do it again after you play other games. Not any other games, but other games that use the hard drive cache.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 2 Apr 06 8:55:03 >
dirtydog

RE: Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics) - Apr 02, 2006 17:07
No I mean every time you play the game, the first race you play, it takes a minute to load it. If I switch off the Xbox, then switch it back on and play again, it will again take a minute.

This is a very minor thing and I' m not trying to make a big deal out of it, I just said it in passing really
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 02, 2006 17:14
Sega still rules in the arcades dude!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 02, 2006 17:24

Sega still rules in the arcades dude!

Indeed, dude!
dirtydog

RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 02, 2006 18:21
I noticed the water doesn' t look as good in OR2006 either, it looks flat and simple.

Compare these two screens, both off a CRT television. It looks a lot more noticeable when you play the game but you can still tell from the photos.

OutRun 2006

OutRun 2
artofshooting

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 02, 2006 20:16
you show the thing dirtydog. I agree with you
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 02, 2006 21:36

Do you have Ridge Racer 6 cos I' m wondering how it compares to that? Someone on another forum said RR6 is miles better, but then the Eurogamer 9/10 review said OR2006 looks just as good. I think they' re fairly similar games too, with the drifting and the rival races, ie. start at the back and have to finish at/near the front by the end of the race.

RR6 has good draw distance, but outruns is even better.

As for the rest ...Ok, lets put it this way..

the only thing RR6 had has over OR2006' s is the obvious higher Resolution and AA.. all the art direction, backgrounds, main cars, controls OR2006 takes quite easily.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 03, 2006 06:55
those screenshots show that PS2 version I have has much less texture detail.

That' s good news - it means Xbox version is looking much better , but that gameplay ....why would they ruin the perfect gameplay?

SEGA
Joe Redifer

RE: Disappointed in Outrun 2006 on Xbox (graphics) - Apr 03, 2006 07:48

No I mean every time you play the game, the first race you play

That' s what you think you mean. But as you' ll see when you play other Xbox games that erase the hard drive cache, Outrun 2006 will need to re-copy it back to the HD, and you' ll end up waiting again. Happens with Halo 2 and others, it' ll happen with Outrun 2006, guaranteed.
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 03, 2006 07:54
Results 1 - 10 of about 3,990,000 for I Likes Juices And Apple Nuts. (0.21 seconds)

:/
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 03, 2006 11:38
Sorry but i lost all faith in you guys after that sakaguchi interview.
No nobuo question,no thinking of your own as why the main character can' t die,when he already stated that you going to play some of his memory,then how can you die in a memory? its hsould have been obviously what he was meaning,sadly his english is almost as bad as mine.

ALso you guys never gaved me my avatar!!!!!
Joe Redifer

RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 03, 2006 11:52
Thanks for your 2 pounds (pence?). The game is supposedly going to cost $30 or so for the Xbox version in the US (that' s just over 15 British pounds by the current exchange rates) and that is a good price. I feel duty bound to buy it even if it doesn' t look quite as nice as the older version. The PSP to PS2 save feature is nice for those people. Now where is my Saturn version?
dirtydog

RE: Ain' t be pissin' - Apr 03, 2006 15:32
I paid £24.99 for it in the UK which I believe is the cheapest it' s sold for here at the moment.

The review above is fair, and I agree about the intro FMV, I also thought it was particularly poor - and also there is no attract mode using the game engine, as OutRun 2 had.

I feel my initial reaction to the game was overly harsh because of the graphical differences, and the different handling - in fact I have played it for several hours and I have had a real blast, I' m loving it - I' d say it' s more fun than OutRun 2, probably due to the lower difficulty level. Then again I' m only about 30% complete so that could change later I guess. Overall, although it could probably have been better in a few areas, it gets the thumbs up from me
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 73

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message