Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead or Alive 4?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 61
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 18, 2005 12:29
Man I wish I cared about Dead or Alive games, then I could get excited about this. I just have no interest. And to me the video I saw didn' t look that hot, especially the battle scenes. Certainly not something that a machine 20 times more powerful should be putting out.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 18, 2005 17:39
Truth is, I' ll most likely buy it. It' s not an FPS, and there won' t be many games that aren' t any more these days. Plus I own Dead or Alive 1 for the Saturn, Dead or Alive 2 for the Dreamcast (much better than the PS2 version), and Dead or Alive 3 for the Xbox. Might as well have them all (does Ultimate count? Maybe I' ll pick that one up used if possible). Hopefully they' ll be able to tweak it a little more and make it look even better by the time it comes out.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 21, 2005 16:17
I think the DOA franchise is the best fighter available. It' s so easy to play that even noobs can look pretty sweet playing. If you take some time with the game, though, it really starts to shine. If you are really skillful, and master the attack/counter/throw system, it' s really a lot more challenging than Tekken (certainly) and Virtua Fighter (maybe).

For the record, I have Tekken 5, and it blows! What lame characters!! I' d rather play Powerstone.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 21, 2005 16:55
The Dead or Alive series like the Soul Calibur series is just way too button-mashing friendly. . Thank goodness for games like the Virtua Fighter series, they punish players who even entertain the thought of button mashing.
Joe Redifer

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 21, 2005 18:36
It is interesting that DoA games are so easy, being that idiot Itagaki is behind them. He thinks the hardest level on Ninja Gaiden is too easy. I don' t understand him. He should die.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 21, 2005 18:48
I think the way to show that DOAU is deeper is to show how much the elite pwn nubs.
Go play online gainst a SS ranked player, YOU LOSE.

I was basically the best player around that I' ve ever played offline for DOA2 and DOA3. And I knew I could be a lot better, I saw the depth of the game. When I started playing DOAU on Xbox live I saw just how deep the games. For every single possible move, there are thousands, there is a perfect move to counter with, not necessarily just countering tha move. No matter what your opponent is doing you can beat them with something, and there are tons of choices.

You have about a 1 in 1000 chance of beating an SS if you are a nub.
Terry Bogard

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 21, 2005 19:09

I don' t understand him. He should die.

Adam is one of the very few people I know that can get close enough to him to accomplish such a task. I think the next time he sets out to do an interview with Itagaki you should provide Adam with some poison darts ;)

You have about a 1 in 1000 chance of beating an SS if you are a nub.

Ahh but that 1 means you STILL a chance ;)

You got a 0% chance of beating ' at least' an intermediate Virtua Fighter player if you' re a n00b
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 22, 2005 00:15
What I' m trying to say is DOAU is very very deep, you can always be better, I' m just sick of people who haven' t played enough of it saying its not deep. You could say another fighter is deeper, but you really can' t get any deeper than what DOAU has done. Whoever fights better will win the fight, any one who is descently good will not lose to button mashing.

Although I would say a game like Soul Calibur is a lot better for single player people. All DOA has is a short story for each character and other than that you just play to unlock new costumes and get high scores. It is almost pure multiplayer, but that is what it is supposed to be.
Joe Redifer

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 22, 2005 00:36
It may have some depth to it, but as a single player game it is over FAST and offers little to keep players coming back again and again like Virtua Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur do. I don' t have froends over at my place every day, nor do I care to play online. Virtua Fighter and Soul calibur give a much better single player experience and last much longer than Dead or Alive. Granted I' ll still buy the game because it is fun to unlock all of the CG endings (like Tekken 5).
Chee Saw

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 23, 2005 03:19

It may have some depth to it, but as a single player game it is over FAST and offers little to keep players coming back again and again like Virtua Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur do. I don' t have froends over at my place every day, nor do I care to play online. Virtua Fighter and Soul calibur give a much better single player experience and last much longer than Dead or Alive. Granted I' ll still buy the game because it is fun to unlock all of the CG endings (like Tekken 5).

DOA 3 appealed to me because of the CG endings, and DOA Ultimate appeals to me because of the swimsui... I mean, uh, unlockables. I LOVE unlockable crap, which is why I played the HELL out of DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball. That is until I had half the girls wearing the Venus swimsuit, and my girlfriends son erased my data! AAAAaaarrrrggghhh!
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 23, 2005 07:16
Great, lots of fighting game fans! Just make sure you' ve really, actually played all the games you' re talking about. Please.
Chee Saw

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 23, 2005 16:23

Great, lots of fighting game fans! Just make sure you' ve really, actually played all the games you' re talking about. Please.

I agree. Of course, fighting games are my favorite genre, followed closely by FPS.

By the way dismiss, Mitsurugi is one bad mutha... SHUT YO MOUTH!

Speaking of Avatars (I guess!), is it possible to upload or link to an offsite avatar here?
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 24, 2005 02:06

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

By the way dismiss, Mitsurugi is one bad mutha... SHUT YO MOUTH!

Lol, Mitsu was my first choice back when I started playing Soul Edge/Blade. I can safely say I' ve outgrown him since. Still fun to play with, lots of beatdown.
Terry Bogard

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 24, 2005 17:11

It may have some depth to it, but as a single player game it is over FAST

You' ve GOT to be kidding me Joe! When I played the arcade version I beat it from start to finish in 5 minutes tops. That' s not fast, that' s SUPER FAST
Joe Redifer

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 24, 2005 18:20
Yeah, well Itagaki is a " true ninja" and he demands all of his games be super challenging.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 24, 2005 23:02
I don' t care what you all say about Itagaki. He still brought out the best performance the Xbox had to offer and that' s that!

I do agree though that DOA4 is not a quantum leap from DOA3, just like DOA3 wasn' t a quantum leap from DOA2.

I think that the DOA series is trying to maintain a certain graphical look, that somewhat has its roots in anime. And they might, IMO, keep DOA games looking really colorful without self-shadowing, even if the hardware can push much more.
Joe Redifer

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 25, 2005 02:50

I don' t care what you all say about Itagaki. He still brought out the best performance the Xbox had to offer and that' s that!

I think Panzer Dragoon Orta definitely pushed the Xbox more graphically and even aurally than Ninja Gaiden.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 25 May 05 10:50:22 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 25, 2005 05:06
PDO was severly over rated both in gameplay and graphics.
Terry Bogard

RE: Dead or Alive 4? - May 25, 2005 08:56

I think Panzer Dragoon Orta definitely pushed the Xbox more graphically and even aurally than Ninja Gaiden.

Given how much a$$ the Dead or Alive 2 soundtrack kicked,,, Ninja Gaiden' s disappointing music made it pretty apparent that Tecmo didn' t even bother trying, lol..
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 61

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message