Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead Rising Horrid Save System
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 50
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 06:59
I am playing through this game right now and I really like it. I saved a few times here and there and died, then selected " Quit and Save" or whatever it is. That puts you back at the beginning with your updated stats. Don' t select that option. But if you press START and look at the MAP you can see all of the save points around. I am currently saved at the weight room right before those Hummer prison escapees or whatever they are.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 07:17
I really hate those guys too! But as with everything else, they take 1.000.000 shots to die!

Ohh and grats on the 360 Joe! Did you get it a head of time?
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 10 Sep 06 23:18:03 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 07:56
I' ve had the system for a little over a week and the game for a little less than 24 hours now.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 16:38
I died and restarted too. I' d left it too long and kept getting killed by Carlos and his stupid rifle. I even tried skateboarding right up to his ass and hitting him with the battle axe but i still died, ...and if i don' t die and just " concentrate on staying alive" as i was told to do, Brad dies and then i can' t complete the main story.

It' s the same problem encounter by Alex in his review, and it' s slightly annoying.

That said, starting again wasn' t as bad as it is in most games and since you keep your stats it' s easier to play through again since you have stronger melee attacks and the ability to " zombie ride" !!!!

It' s a shame vsync is truned off but other than that the game is technically solid. That' s a good sign because the rest of Capcoms games: Devil May cry 4, Lost Planet, Resident Evil 5, Monster Hunter etc are all using the same engine.

Overall the game is a blast!
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 16:41
Im considering restarting again, so i can get more people rescued, and prioritize getting the psychoes killed!

I let Brad kill Carlos though! with a bit of help from my gun!
Joe Redifer

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 17:00
I am fighting Carlos the second time as well. He is invincble. Well I might be able to take him down if I had a gun but all of the cops are only giving me lame-o night sticks. I don' t care for the rescuing people thing. It doesn' t work very well and they never listen and they always die.

You know what this thread really needs? It needs Evil Man to come in and post how we are all pussies. That would really be helpful.
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 17:39
If i start over, i think my firs task will be getting to the gun store!
Nitro

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 17:52

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

If i start over, i think my firs task will be getting to the gun store!

Don' t go in without a gun.

I am fighting Carlos the second time as well. He is invincble. Well I might be able to take him down if I had a gun but all of the cops are only giving me lame-o night sticks.

Yeah Carlos is tough and his rifle is annoying. Is it down to me to kill him though because if i don' t fight him Brad dies. Am i just supposed to draw his fire away from Brad letting Brad take him down?!

As for the cops, ...there are 2 in Paradise Plasa walking about in the water near the windows right before you go outside. They both have pistols.

There' s also the sub-machine gun that' s hidden. You know where it is right?!

I guess you' ve found the Katana?!
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 18:06

Yeah Carlos is tough and his rifle is annoying. Is it down to me to kill him though because if i don' t fight him Brad dies. Am i just supposed to draw his fire away from Brad letting Brad take him down?!
I was up in the sports store, and brad was running in and out of it, shooting at Carlos! then carlos was drawn right to the opening of the store, and i could succesfully take shots at him with my 9mm
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 18:08

where is the smg?

ARggg Double post
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 11 Sep 06 10:09:20 >
Nitro

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 18:28

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

where is the smg?

You didn' t find it in the demo?

It' s in Paradise Plasa. You need to go halfway up the first staircase you encounter if you' re going from the warehouse to the outside area. Go halfway up, turn right and jump to the orange roof thingy and climb up. You' ll need to work your way back towards the warehouse door but on top of the orange roof thingy. The sub-machine gun is on the last one, after the big yellow stuffed bear that you can see from the ground below.

I may have made it sound more complicated than it actually is. Just remember that the weapons always re-spawn after you' ve used them up.

As for the gun store. I got killed the first time i went in because i didn' t take a gun with me. Well, i had a nailgun but it wasn' t dangerous enough. Once you have " control" of the store you' ll be able to take multiple shotguns which should make things a little easier.

I think i' m going to have to use either the sledgehammer or the battleaxe on Carlos though. I wonder whether i' d have enough time to run and get a chainsaw...
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 12, 2006 16:17
I just restarted yesterday! I first got the smg! then ran directly to the gunstore, the psycho isnt there yet! i harvested 2 shotguns and a rifle, should have dropped my 9mm, for another rifle though! Then ran to the Food Plaza, helped Brad take care of Carlos the first time! no problem at all!

So im hoping things will go more smoothly this time!
Joe Redifer

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 12, 2006 19:06
Where the hell is the gun store? I restarted and am now waiting until 6:00am for the next CASE to start. I am level 9. takes forever to level up. That dippy photographer guy helps a bit, though. And I finally rescued that whiny bitch Leah.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 12, 2006 19:09
Why don' t you just walk to that place in the demo were the UZI is?.
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 12, 2006 19:10
Then gun store is in north plaza, locate it with the map! its during a long hallway, shops under contruction at each side!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 06:40
Im taking a break from Dead Rising for now as I got the true ending and got my ass kicked in survival mode( you cant save ever...) right now its all about the Row!

But holy shit the major bad guys can be a hassle somtimes im just glad not all them are required. As for the hummer bitches get an uzi run into an area with plenty of trees and make sure the car gets nice and stuck then unload on the gunner. Once hes dead take the gun attached to the hummer (oooo yeah) and wreak 200 rounds of hell onto the remaining. Beware tho as another crew come again later on in the game.

Anyone want any help on other baddies just ask. I fought a few them several times and got me a nice strategy for most.
Joe Redifer

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 08:44
Do I have to fight that stupid clown?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 08:55
Man, I' ve " Saved and Quit" 50 billion times! I love it! I' m at level 26 right now. I' ve got 7 slots for item' s and 8 health boxes!! I like the save system, because I' m the kind of guy that will play an area over and over in ANY game, until I get it perfect.

Also, I have a memory card, so I save in the bathrooms on that, but even then I usually figure out a better way of doing things and start over anyway.

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

That' s the cool thing about the game; you don' t HAVE to do any thing that' s not directly related to the main case (which the clown is not part of). He' s not that hard, though. I just used the Scythe to kick his ass.

Oh, and if you' re fighting Carlos, you guys DO know that Brad will give you more ammo if you run out, don' t you?
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 23:01
The AI sucks in the game! whats my best option to clear loads of Zombies if i dont have time to get a shotgun?
Nitro

RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 23:26

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

No. You don' t have to do anything if you don' t want to and fighting him won' t affect the main story but it will affect what ending you get.

Man, I' ve " Saved and Quit" 50 billion times! I love it! I' m at level 26 right now. I' ve got 7 slots for item' s and 8 health boxes!! I like the save system, because I' m the kind of guy that will play an area over and over in ANY game, until I get it perfect.

I know, i' ve started over few times now. Getting back to the missions i was struggling on takes about 10 minutes now. The game kicks ass! What wrestling moves have you unlocked?!

The AI sucks in the game! whats my best option to clear loads of Zombies if i dont have time to get a shotgun?

AI?! You mean of NPC' s and not zombies?!

I actually find it easier to take out tons of zombies using melee weapons than using firearms. I want the motolov cocktails though!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 50

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message