Dead Rising Horrid Save System

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 50
Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 08, 2006 21:47
Just spent the morning playing DR, and i ´had played around 2 hours, and i was looking for a save slot! and wupti, i get killed, back to the beginning! Damn it, im almost willing to trade it in all ready!

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 08, 2006 21:48
that' s why i said JAP developers seem to not play their games anymore ... too bad too stupid.

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 08, 2006 22:41
Thats it! im trading the game to Lego Starwars ASAP! FUCKING CRAP GAME!

Papado
  • Total Posts : 234
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 08, 2006 22:53
Yeah, never mind the fact that you were playing for two hours without saving the game, but it' s definitely not your fault that happened. It was the leprechaun' s fault!

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 08, 2006 22:57
There are virtually no save zones in the fucking game! I want games where i can save at will, anything else is stupid and frustrating!

Papado
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 08, 2006 22:58
By the way, again about Dead Rising, for those of you playing i. It was after the end of case 1, and I had a lot of time before 6am, so I went to al fresca to save some people. Since I had attempted this before and found out it was impossible with those hummer fucker hanging around, I decided to get the Uzi and dispose of them. So I did, and I got Sophie and all the others (Aaron die you stupid fucking assole!), and started leading them back to safety to the security room, when lo and behold the hummer assholes were there again to impede my progress. What I want to know is how the fuck is this possible? Do they respawn or something? Is there an infinite supply of obnoxious, inbred retards waiting with endless hummers and machineguns to run and gun you down?

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 08, 2006 23:00
So between the point with the old man, after you shot the spanish dude in the food court! where do you save?

I get killed by the hummer idiots!

Papado
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 08, 2006 23:11
Wait wait wait... after the 1st time you fight Carlos, where he has the smg?

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 09, 2006 07:57
You can save the game next to the bench when you first walk into the mall right down te stairs thats one place and the rest can be found in various beds or in restrooms.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 09, 2006 08:20
How can you complain about the saving system?! Resident Evil has typewriters spread out all over the place, this justs has beds and bathrooms.

It' s gotten some critism because you only get one save slot but so far it hasn' t bothered me at all.

The game itself is absolute genius!!! Y' know, the first thing i did was go to find myself a suit -- I' m currently wearing a really nice black/charcoal gret pinstripe suit and a bowler hat with black shoes. I look badass!

VX, if you keep dying then why not just carry some food/drink around with you and heal when you get injured?!

Papado
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 09, 2006 09:34
It' s strange. As many times as you smash a zombie' s head with a sledgehammer it just... it just never gets old. And Aaron, I' m glad I killed you you little whining bitch!

kaoru
  • Total Posts : 96
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 09, 2006 13:31
The only thing I hate about Dead Rising is the ability to save only one file in the HDD, and the 72hr, why can' t we save mutiple new game setting, I' m not the only one playing the games.
Is it me or that after 10-15mins, playing the Dead-Rising the Xbox360 gets so over-heated, must be the game because playing Xbox live arcade gets over-heated over an hour or two.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 09, 2006 13:45
I hate how weapons disapear.

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 09, 2006 15:35
Iv never been a big fan about type writers in RE either! And the save progress and quit, when you die thing, is a really annoying and bad idea! Okay restrooms are save points, ill have a look out for them then!

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 04:30
Now that i can save the game is slightly more entertaining. Though i dislike that im under time presure to get some of the SCOOPS, and that i can fail everything if i dont make it back in time!

Maybe its just me, but i dont like to rush through things, in addition, killing the " boss' s" takes ages and one million shots, where as oneself can only take like 10, depending on your life!

Dead Rising is definetly not a keeper for me, but ill complete the game!

kaoru
  • Total Posts : 96
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 05:05

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Now that i can save the game is slightly more entertaining. Though i dislike that im under time presure to get some of the SCOOPS, and that i can fail everything if i dont make it back in time!

Maybe its just me, but i dont like to rush through things, in addition, killing the " boss' s" takes ages and one million shots, where as oneself can only take like 10, depending on your life!

Dead Rising is definetly not a keeper for me, but ill complete the game!

The save system can sometime be annoying, from time to time as you load from the HDD it reply as ' ' cannot find save device' ' and as far as one file saving only I guess Capcom only wants you to keep track of only one save file so that the acheivment points won' t get screwed up, with many mutiple save.

The level itself is so massive, makes you want to explore every nook-and-cranny but with the Inside-Scoop side-quest it' s possible to check ones you complete the game many times, saving many survivors is not an easy task, because time can be a hassle. I agree with some of the boss battle as well, it took me nearly 30min-1hr too beat.

Now if Dead Rising was to be with-out the 72hr period, Just like any other Resident-evil game, it would of been a whole lot better, I mean lot more survivor save-scoop completed-exploration. Dead-Rising is a great game But with time running you' ll have to do much as you can.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 05:15
I' m having a blast with EM so far.

The story hasn' t hook me up yet,but then again i only played for 4 hour of the 40-50.

But the gridsystem and level system is genius.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 05:25

I' m having a blast with EM so far.

The story hasn' t hook me up yet,but then again i only played for 4 hour of the 40-50.

But the gridsystem and level system is genius.

Ill stay clear of that one! if im going to try a JRPG it better be the best fucking game ever! since I found FFVII to be utter crap, and as far as i know, it holds that tilte right now!

QuezcatoL
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 05:28
Yes,i gotta be honest,if you dont like JRPG,then stay clear of this game.

Really dont even bother looking at it.

The grid system feels fresh and the level system but this is a very heavy japanese rpg.

I like it though,but tehn again im a very big japanese rpg lover.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 06:21
I' m watching my brother play Enchanted Arms, he decided to buy it..

My main gripe with it is the lack of cutscenes.... Instead it chooses that crappy
dialogue system where both characters are on the screen just talking side by
side... I can' t relate or connect with any of the characters because the cutscenes
are so rare...

Watching my brother play that grid system looks frustrating, because there are
times where certain enemies can' t be hit.

The dialogue is typical, and it' s a very typical JRPG... But it doesn' t appeal to me
anymore.

Yes I am not a HUGE fan of JRPG' s, but I can be persuaded to like them
(Skie of Arcadia is currently my favourite JRPG) but En Arms so far
does nothing even remotely exciting. There' s something about it that looks static...

En Arms= A bad Naruto..

Regarding Dead Rising, I wasn' t going to buy it, because I knew I wouldn' t play it,
and then my friend played the demo again, then I realised how fun it was, so I' ll
be making a purchase soon.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 10 Sep 06 22:23:48 >
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 06:59
I am playing through this game right now and I really like it. I saved a few times here and there and died, then selected " Quit and Save" or whatever it is. That puts you back at the beginning with your updated stats. Don' t select that option. But if you press START and look at the MAP you can see all of the save points around. I am currently saved at the weight room right before those Hummer prison escapees or whatever they are.

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 07:17
I really hate those guys too! But as with everything else, they take 1.000.000 shots to die!

Ohh and grats on the 360 Joe! Did you get it a head of time?
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 10 Sep 06 23:18:03 >

Joe Redifer
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 07:56
I' ve had the system for a little over a week and the game for a little less than 24 hours now.

Nitro
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 16:38
I died and restarted too. I' d left it too long and kept getting killed by Carlos and his stupid rifle. I even tried skateboarding right up to his ass and hitting him with the battle axe but i still died, ...and if i don' t die and just " concentrate on staying alive" as i was told to do, Brad dies and then i can' t complete the main story.

It' s the same problem encounter by Alex in his review, and it' s slightly annoying.

That said, starting again wasn' t as bad as it is in most games and since you keep your stats it' s easier to play through again since you have stronger melee attacks and the ability to " zombie ride" !!!!

It' s a shame vsync is truned off but other than that the game is technically solid. That' s a good sign because the rest of Capcoms games: Devil May cry 4, Lost Planet, Resident Evil 5, Monster Hunter etc are all using the same engine.

Overall the game is a blast!

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 16:41
Im considering restarting again, so i can get more people rescued, and prioritize getting the psychoes killed!

I let Brad kill Carlos though! with a bit of help from my gun!

Joe Redifer
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 17:00
I am fighting Carlos the second time as well. He is invincble. Well I might be able to take him down if I had a gun but all of the cops are only giving me lame-o night sticks. I don' t care for the rescuing people thing. It doesn' t work very well and they never listen and they always die.

You know what this thread really needs? It needs Evil Man to come in and post how we are all pussies. That would really be helpful.

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 17:39
If i start over, i think my firs task will be getting to the gun store!

Nitro
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 17:52

If i start over, i think my firs task will be getting to the gun store!

Don' t go in without a gun.

I am fighting Carlos the second time as well. He is invincble. Well I might be able to take him down if I had a gun but all of the cops are only giving me lame-o night sticks.

Yeah Carlos is tough and his rifle is annoying. Is it down to me to kill him though because if i don' t fight him Brad dies. Am i just supposed to draw his fire away from Brad letting Brad take him down?!

As for the cops, ...there are 2 in Paradise Plasa walking about in the water near the windows right before you go outside. They both have pistols.

There' s also the sub-machine gun that' s hidden. You know where it is right?!

I guess you' ve found the Katana?!

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 18:06

Yeah Carlos is tough and his rifle is annoying. Is it down to me to kill him though because if i don' t fight him Brad dies. Am i just supposed to draw his fire away from Brad letting Brad take him down?!
I was up in the sports store, and brad was running in and out of it, shooting at Carlos! then carlos was drawn right to the opening of the store, and i could succesfully take shots at him with my 9mm

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 18:08

where is the smg?

ARggg Double post
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 11 Sep 06 10:09:20 >

Nitro
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 11, 2006 18:28

where is the smg?

You didn' t find it in the demo?

It' s in Paradise Plasa. You need to go halfway up the first staircase you encounter if you' re going from the warehouse to the outside area. Go halfway up, turn right and jump to the orange roof thingy and climb up. You' ll need to work your way back towards the warehouse door but on top of the orange roof thingy. The sub-machine gun is on the last one, after the big yellow stuffed bear that you can see from the ground below.

I may have made it sound more complicated than it actually is. Just remember that the weapons always re-spawn after you' ve used them up.

As for the gun store. I got killed the first time i went in because i didn' t take a gun with me. Well, i had a nailgun but it wasn' t dangerous enough. Once you have " control" of the store you' ll be able to take multiple shotguns which should make things a little easier.

I think i' m going to have to use either the sledgehammer or the battleaxe on Carlos though. I wonder whether i' d have enough time to run and get a chainsaw...

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 12, 2006 16:17
I just restarted yesterday! I first got the smg! then ran directly to the gunstore, the psycho isnt there yet! i harvested 2 shotguns and a rifle, should have dropped my 9mm, for another rifle though! Then ran to the Food Plaza, helped Brad take care of Carlos the first time! no problem at all!

So im hoping things will go more smoothly this time!

Joe Redifer
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 12, 2006 19:06
Where the hell is the gun store? I restarted and am now waiting until 6:00am for the next CASE to start. I am level 9. takes forever to level up. That dippy photographer guy helps a bit, though. And I finally rescued that whiny bitch Leah.

QuezcatoL
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 12, 2006 19:09
Why don' t you just walk to that place in the demo were the UZI is?.

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 12, 2006 19:10
Then gun store is in north plaza, locate it with the map! its during a long hallway, shops under contruction at each side!

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 06:40
Im taking a break from Dead Rising for now as I got the true ending and got my ass kicked in survival mode( you cant save ever...) right now its all about the Row!

But holy shit the major bad guys can be a hassle somtimes im just glad not all them are required. As for the hummer bitches get an uzi run into an area with plenty of trees and make sure the car gets nice and stuck then unload on the gunner. Once hes dead take the gun attached to the hummer (oooo yeah) and wreak 200 rounds of hell onto the remaining. Beware tho as another crew come again later on in the game.

Anyone want any help on other baddies just ask. I fought a few them several times and got me a nice strategy for most.

Joe Redifer
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 08:44
Do I have to fight that stupid clown?

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 08:55
Man, I' ve " Saved and Quit" 50 billion times! I love it! I' m at level 26 right now. I' ve got 7 slots for item' s and 8 health boxes!! I like the save system, because I' m the kind of guy that will play an area over and over in ANY game, until I get it perfect.

Also, I have a memory card, so I save in the bathrooms on that, but even then I usually figure out a better way of doing things and start over anyway.

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

That' s the cool thing about the game; you don' t HAVE to do any thing that' s not directly related to the main case (which the clown is not part of). He' s not that hard, though. I just used the Scythe to kick his ass.

Oh, and if you' re fighting Carlos, you guys DO know that Brad will give you more ammo if you run out, don' t you?

Vx Chemical
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 23:01
The AI sucks in the game! whats my best option to clear loads of Zombies if i dont have time to get a shotgun?

Nitro
RE: Dead Rising Horrid Save System - Sep 13, 2006 23:26

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

No. You don' t have to do anything if you don' t want to and fighting him won' t affect the main story but it will affect what ending you get.

Man, I' ve " Saved and Quit" 50 billion times! I love it! I' m at level 26 right now. I' ve got 7 slots for item' s and 8 health boxes!! I like the save system, because I' m the kind of guy that will play an area over and over in ANY game, until I get it perfect.

I know, i' ve started over few times now. Getting back to the missions i was struggling on takes about 10 minutes now. The game kicks ass! What wrestling moves have you unlocked?!

The AI sucks in the game! whats my best option to clear loads of Zombies if i dont have time to get a shotgun?

AI?! You mean of NPC' s and not zombies?!

I actually find it easier to take out tons of zombies using melee weapons than using firearms. I want the motolov cocktails though!

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 50