Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 03, 2004 18:58
What do you think is the dumbest or crapiest or peice of junk thing to come out of the game industry? (Games,Game System,a Periphreal...?)
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6/3/2004 6:59:10 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 03, 2004 19:04
3DO (system AND company), Atari Jaguar, the 32X pretty much qualifies, N-Gage, Sega Activator, Mario Party.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 03, 2004 19:23

Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry

Message Boards.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 03, 2004 20:17
The poor Jaguar...loved Alien vs. Predator, though.

There were so many trashy games over the past 25 years; I' ll just list those from this generation:

Mike Tyson' s Boxing
Top Angler
Gods and Generals
Pulse Racer
Big Rigs
Paris-Dakar Rally
Johnny Moseley' s Mad Trixx
Kabuki Warriors
Legend of Alon D' ar

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 03, 2004 23:19
Wow. I' ve never heard of any of those games, though Kabuki Warriors was an old game for the Japanese Sega Mega Drive. I rented it once, and it was, ummm... how to describe it in internet forum terms.... oh yeah... " teh ghey" .
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/3/2004 5:22:59 PM >
Motzzarelacheeze

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 03, 2004 23:34
N gage (MAn I hate that thing)
ExtremeDream

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 03, 2004 23:38
Censorship.

I also hate people who think arguing about what is clearly someone' s opinion of a video game is. Pure junk, but sadly enough a very abundant by-product of the video game industry thanks to dictionaries, illiteracy, and bad eye-sight.

Hi fathoms!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 04, 2004 05:57
1- PAPER BOY 2 (SNES)

2- Super Scope 6

3- Time Killers (Genesis)
fathoms

RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 04, 2004 13:10
Extreme: Learn the English language. Facts do exist, contrary to popular liberal opinion that the sun is only hot if it is " to us." Subjectivity rules this country, but only because we' re afraid of hurting people' s feelings. Better accept this.

Joe: Heh......few have. Here-

Mike Tyson' s Boxing

I' m surprised you haven' t heard of it. Crap, crap, CRAP boxing game (obviously) that just gets crushed by Victorious Boxers and the recent Fight Night 2004. Just check out the reviews. LOL

Top Angler

A downright atrocioius fishing game for the PS2. Nobody really understands what this title was even supposed to BE.

Gods and Generals

A really tragic PC game that took an bad epic movie and somehow made it worse.

Pulse Racer

On Xbox, it' s perhaps the worst racer I' ve ever seen. Well, at least since the 8-bit days. Just pathetic...actually, let me add Driven to the list, because that was JUST as bad.

Big Rigs

Unbelievable. Just the ultimate in trash on the PC...so bad, it' s funny. Really funny (you race 18-wheelers, if you couldn' t guess).

Paris-Dakar Rally

A PS2 racer that just SUCKED; most critics agreed that it was a disaster in execution.

Johnny Moseley' s Mad Trixx

The Olympic champion should' ve actually played this mess before it was released. Skiing is rarely any fun in a video game anyway, but somehow, they made it even LESS fun.

Kabuki Warriors

An early fighting game for the Xbox, it' s one of the lowest-reviewed games in history. Not surprising, seeing as how it was a pitiful excuse for a game.

Legend of Alon D' ar

An awful RPG for the PS2...high expectations, but all were gone after the first 10 minutes. Nobody knows what happened. I think it' s averaging like a 3 in reviews scores.

Oh, and I' d also like to add (besides Driven): Army Men: Green Rogue. Good riddance to THAT franchise. [:' (]
Terry Bogard

RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 04, 2004 13:57

Army Men: Green Rogue.
Good god man, why' d you have to go and remind me of THAT piece of trash!!!!
ExtremeDream

RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 04, 2004 13:58

Extreme: Learn the English language. Facts do exist, contrary to popular liberal opinion that the sun is only hot if it is " to us." Subjectivity rules this country, but only because we' re afraid of hurting people' s feelings. Better accept this.

If I' m using a different language than English, it' s news to me. Everyone else seems to understand me fine.

Anyways, there is more to " the sun being hot" than how you stated it. Point blank, flat out, yes the sun is hot. You are a genius. The same sun that shines in the desert shines on the peak of Mt Everest. Mt Everest certainly isn' t hot, now is it? Perhaps the country is ruled by subjectivity because we have the ability to think freely and form our own opinions of each and every little thing we experience. That itself is almost the pure meaning of subjectivity.

Murder cases are decided by objectivity because there is hard evidence and no room for prejudice or unchecked emotion. What someone thinks of a video game is entirely subjective because different people have different preferences when it comes to entertainment. Not everyone likes to play ultra-realistic racing games that are clearly not meant for every gamer or long and drawn out RPG' s with fairly bland characters who engage in endless random battles with no way of avoiding them... and it is no fault of their own. The game just doesn' t do it for them. There are too many variables in the formula for a video to be " GREAT" and everyone agree.

It' s purely and absolutely subjective.
fathoms

RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 04, 2004 14:54
Extreme: I' m not getting into this again. What you like and enjoy is indeed 100% subjective. What is quality and what isn' t can, and must, be defined by objective, quantifiable values. The production values of Kabuki Warriors, in terms of technical achievement, is inferior to Dead or Alive 3 or Virtua Fighter 4. Fact. Do you like KW more than the other two? Okey-doke...opinion. The finest chef in the world just made you a meal. I hand you a McDonalds Happy Meal. The meal from the chef is of a higher quality, as evidenced by the ingredients and preparation. Fact. Do you like the Happy Meal more? Wonderful...opinion. End of story.

Terry: I had to review that garbage back at GW. I believe I referred to the gameplay as " the place where good control goes to die."
LEBATOTE

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 04, 2004 18:09
Easy one

I' ll have to go with Drake for the xbox.

I only played the demo and that was more than enough, i don' t love cellshading nor hate it, but the cellshading on this game was poor, making the graphics look terrible. Also, the animations were sloppy and .....and ....... not only that but the controls were a mess, i couldn' t believe a simple taks like jumping from one place to another was going to be soooooo difficult. Finally, the game had nothing, absolutely nothing right about it.

so......

WORST.GAME.EVER

Don' t get close to that.......please
< Message edited by LEBATOTE -- 6/4/2004 6:36:18 PM >
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 04, 2004 23:47
Ill Go with GTA Vice City for XBOX.

The Graphics are improved they added custom soundtracks but it looks like they didnt even test this game it has so many bugs.
Terry Bogard

RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 04, 2004 23:58

Terry: I had to review that garbage back at GW. I believe I referred to the gameplay as " the place where good control goes to die."

OH that was your review? Very nice, LOL...
Sometimes the amount of joy one can have by writing a scathing review and ripping on a game that deserves it is almost criminal.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6/5/2004 12:00:19 AM >
MartyC

• Total Posts : 22
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 06, 2004 18:45
i would say wind waker and mario sunshine were both BIG mistakes. nintendo really needs to grow up now.
ExtremeDream

RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 06, 2004 19:11

nintendo really needs to grow up now.

I was watching TV the other day when I saw a commercial for Custom Robo. One of the mechs took off flying and then the camera went to a close-up of the face and this robot face looked as if Nintendo was trying to make it as " cute" as possible. Seriously, the mech looked like an 8 year old or something...it was disturbing.

Anyways, I' m sure the game is fun. I haven' t played it yet. I stopped playing my GameCube a long while ago because though some of the games are fun, the artistic stylings and obvious marketing angle that Nintendo are now employing fully just don' t suit me. I want to kill something, not " knock it out" if you get what I mean.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 07, 2004 22:00
Any army men game, and mario sunshine, nothing new, rather chessy. The water starp on was kinda cool, but got dull and uninteresting. Army men games were just dull, zzzzz
PresAgent

• Total Posts : 50
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 07, 2004 23:43
I' d have to say fanboys. That, and fanboys who don' t know much about the english language. Oh yeah, fanboys who use big words to try to sound intelligent, when everybody else knows that fanboy isn' t. Remind you of someone?

I agree with ExtremeDream too.

Also, for the most part, most cartoon-based games are pretty stupid IMO. When development studios make games based on Sponge-Bob or whatever, they just try to sell the game on name alone, not really putting any effort into it. These types of games sicken me, because I believe that if a game is going to be made, then it should be made good, not made by name recognition.
Slizer

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Crappiest peice of junk to come out of the game industry - Jun 08, 2004 08:24
Druuna Morbis Gravis - PC....I saw this game running at E3 a few years back, but when I got it, it sucked big time, you play the roles of some nude women, well that' s all I figured out, and it was on 7 CD' s yes you had to install them all, why not DVD ROm, dunno, but I still can' t figure out how they fit all the cd' s in a standard DVD case, and the manual to....
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message