Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bad Bad Idea MS
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 16, 2006 20:54
I can only imagine where this can lead!

The article is about buying consumebles with your gamer points, say you buy potions that you use in game for real money.
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 16 Aug 06 13:00:00 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 16, 2006 21:01
I think as long as it doesn' t affect anything major it should be fine. I only hope
it' s optional otherwise IT IS a bad idea.
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 16, 2006 21:07
Well i hope it wont get abused! the examples they give in the article doesnt comfort me at all!
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 16, 2006 21:08

<----------------------------------------------- why is this pic soooooooo chooooog
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 16, 2006 21:11
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 16, 2006 23:30
That idea is not gonna go down well at all. Actually that' s a terrible idea! Unless the idea was mis-interpretted this is simply horrible.
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 00:10

That idea is not gonna go down well at all. Actually that' s a terrible idea! Unless the idea was mis-interpretted this is simply horrible.

I agree
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 01:38
...it' s the future of gaming..

....and it will take off because morons with more cash than sense will pay for this crap *coughworldofwarcraftcoughcough*.....
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 02:28

*coughworldofwarcraftcoughcough*.....

its nothing like pay to play! If you think WoW is silly, paying for xbox live is just as silly!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 03:19
Paying for Xbox live is paying for an entire service, including online play with all the Xbox titles.
WoW is ONE game. ONE.
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 03:22

Paying for Xbox live is paying for an entire service, including online play with all the Xbox titles.
WoW is ONE game. ONE.

Im not complaining about paying for it! I dont see why people complain about shelling out 14,95$ for one month of play time, its nearly as many hours of entertainment as you want. How many times can you go to the movies for 14,95$ barely one?
ginjirou

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 03:32
You' re comparing with cinemas which you shouldn' t as it' s a " live" event such as a theater or a ballet.
Compare the game to a DVD-movie. You pay once for the DVD-movie, and once for a regular game.
The Xbox Live service is an extra service to the Xbox/360 and so a fee is only natural (even though I dislike it).
WoW (MMO' s) however, first charges you for the game.
And then they charge you again and again and again for a service that' s a free feature with most other games.
Keeping servers costs money? Yeah, but many other games manage. The developers should' ve gotten enough money from the initial software sales to keep the servers running for free.
And a question, if Guild Wars is free, why not WoW?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 16 Aug 06 19:34:04 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 03:46

WoW (MMO' s) however, first charges you for the game.
And then they charge you again and again and again for a service that' s a free feature with most other games.
Keeping servers costs money? Yeah, but many other games manage. The developers should' ve gotten enough money from the initial software sales to keep the servers running for free.
And a question, if Guild Wars is free, why not WoW?

The charge you for the servers, and no other game require that extensive amount of server capacity, also most pc games have few servers run by companies they are run by guilds and such. Remember Blizzard has servers in the US, in Europe, in China, in Korea.

They have extensive support, and updates, a thing that Guild Wars doesnt have to the same degree, the amount of additional content that Blizzard have added to WoW is impressive, and what most other developers (SOE) would be selling as expansion packs instead!

If you think they have gotten enough money to let people play for free for 5-8 years, by just the price of the game you are gravely mistaken, it takes hundreds of man hours each month just to update and patch the game, even more if you include DM' s server technicians, customer support. No the price of the game has payed for the 5 years its taken to develop World of Warcraft.

You pay 14,95 for as much entertainment as you want each month, with new content also added nearly every months, which often takes more time than a month to fully explore to all except the most hardcore players.

I really think its fair to pay for the game, and Blizzard deserves every penny they get, WoW is a MMO master piece, im not fond of games like that, but i had fun with WoW, i dont play it much anymore because of time issues, but still its a good game
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 03:50
I pay 80 dollar per year for XBL.
Its like 1/4 of what you have to pay for wow each year.

However with XBL i can use voice message/voice chatt and gameplay.

And yes i want lower cost,but i still want a fee.
If wow was free you would have around 10% dickheads who would only ruin the game experience,trust me.

Same with XBL.
ginjirou

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 03:54
Rough calculation:
Guild Wars for five years = $50
WoW for five years = $650

If WoW costs that much compared to Guild Wars it should be the best damn game ever made and Guild Wars should be the worst game ever made. But that' s not the case. Nothing can motivate the difference in cost. I don' t care what manpower, servers and support costs.
Anyone can make a game great if they take fee' s for it. It' s not hard to make an expensive game. But to make a great, big game like Guild Wars AND keep it free, that' s impressive.
I think it' s stupid to pay a monthly fee for a single game. I can' t blame Blizzard for taking the opportunity to earn some cash. What I don' t like are the jackasses who actually fall for it when there are free alternatives.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 16 Aug 06 19:56:35 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 04:04
Did you at all read what i said?

Have you even played either game?

Are you so clueless that you think they can run a game as massive as WoW for free? There is a reason for it costing money, because as everyone else they dont want to work for free! Is it unfair for you to pay for the TV that you watch over satelite each month? or should the people at the network just keep it for the registration fee that you gave? or maybe for the money you paid for the dish and decoder, its the same thing, pay to play, pay to view!

Guild Wars is no where near the scope of WoW its more like Diablo, which is free!
ginjirou

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 04:10

Are you so clueless that you think they can run a game as massive as WoW for free?

Yeah I am, obviously
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 16 Aug 06 20:10:53 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 04:11
Lol .....^ ^ what a simple answer.
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 04:14

Yeah I am, obviously

if it wasnt ironic, i would have been satisfied. WoW is a massive machinery the requires loads of upkeep. Hence the cost to play!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 04:54
Yes it does,but imba shaman was never balanced when i played so i quited.-
Wow was to expensive for me and shaman to imba.
No im not a wow expert,and im not a rich guy,bye!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message