Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bad Bad Idea MS
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 05:07
Seems to me like Classes are fairly equal as it is now Shadow Priests are a bit tough in PVP. But its really the PVE aspects i like! Hell i pay for the game when i hardly play, but i like keeping check on my characters now and then!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 05:21
The dungeon exploration and the big alliance vs horde battles was fun as hell,however i alsmot became addicted to wow,and could play 6-8 hours per day.
And i just feelt that it was a good thing for me to quit wow.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 05:30
lol go ahead and stick it to M$ they love it

well you just have to love this one ms Chargeing for every dam thing lol good stuff
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 05:38
Lets just say,

you can pick an new MMO[Wow scale in size] game, or a brand new fantastic game [Resident Evil 4 style]

Which would you pick?

Of course you pick the real game!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 07:09

You' re comparing with cinemas which you shouldn' t as it' s a " live" event such as a theater or a ballet.
Compare the game to a DVD-movie. You pay once for the DVD-movie, and once for a regular game.
The Xbox Live service is an extra service to the Xbox/360 and so a fee is only natural (even though I dislike it).
WoW (MMO' s) however, first charges you for the game.
And then they charge you again and again and again for a service that' s a free feature with most other games.
Keeping servers costs money? Yeah, but many other games manage. The developers should' ve gotten enough money from the initial software sales to keep the servers running for free.

...i agree exactly...

...although some points of VX' s argument might be justified.... ...but surely a one off membership charge of, say $30 would be sufficient?.... ...i' d of thought the cost of maintaining servers is neligable at best.....

...here' s a user comment posted at 1up which kinda sums up my opinion on it and how western games are going in general:

Just a time-trap.
The purpose of getting players to level 70 is to give the Blizzard developers time to fix all their problems currently in the game. Such as the f--ked up, extremely simple, PvP system. This game has been developed to make players feel psychologically attracted to the element of " Reaching the next level , then I' ll have fun when I' m (rank14, level 70, 5/8 armor pieces, etc.) In reality, there' s no end. When you finally get that pain-staking level 60, you' re suddenly introduced to another goal... pvp, pve armor sets, etc. The sad truth is folks, the game was made to make money. Blizzard did one hell of a job. Stop feeding them and play a better game.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 11:30
I never used the word wretched before but I' m going to have to use it now. This is the most wretched idea anyone has ever come up with in regards to how gamers can spend their money. If they expect gamers to buy ingame items that are neccessary to compete they are fucking nuts. It' s bad enough that we have to buy shit like horse armor rather then it come with the 70 dollar CD we purchased. But I refuse to play into their scam.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 16:10

Just a time-trap.
The purpose of getting players to level 70 is to give the Blizzard developers time to fix all their problems currently in the game. Such as the f--ked up, extremely simple, PvP system. This game has been developed to make players feel psychologically attracted to the element of " Reaching the next level , then I' ll have fun when I' m (rank14, level 70, 5/8 armor pieces, etc.) In reality, there' s no end. When you finally get that pain-staking level 60, you' re suddenly introduced to another goal... pvp, pve armor sets, etc. The sad truth is folks, the game was made to make money. Blizzard did one hell of a job. Stop feeding them and play a better game.

It is a time trap! ofcourse it is! and i feel sad for the souls that cant break out of it! But really is it much different than any other multiplayer game, there is no reward afterwards except the time you spent there and the fun you had while playing!
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 17:56
Gates recieves a bunch of papers, with various proporsitions (including this one), when he suddenly lifts his head and asks his servant:

-What' s this smell?! Somebody having a barbecue??? No, NO! I know this smell... It smells like MONEY!!!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 17, 2006 19:04

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

well you just have to love this one ms Chargeing for every dam thing lol good stuff

*sighs* mikayd2, you always seem to turn up mid thread for a quick ' pop' at MS, rather than actually stating an opinion..

The article perhaps stresses the wrong points, or makes them too clearly - developers know that people get annoyed at downloading or paying for too much extra.

This article announces some pretty major changes to XBL if you are going to be able to integrate it into game shop activities - if i was to suggest ideas for this I would sound as bad as the article. But simply from a development perspective this is a very good / interesting option.

I dont think they charge for *everything* anyways. If a game company spends time and money making a game or upgrade would you rather they were not paid for it?

Plus, minus the notorius horse armour - most level packs etc.. have been pretty cheap imho..
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 28, 2006 07:32

It is a time trap! ofcourse it is! and i feel sad for the souls that cant break out of it! But really is it much different than any other multiplayer game, there is no reward afterwards except the time you spent there and the fun you had while playing!

....well there is the small difference of 99.9% of Multiplayer games being free of charge.......
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Bad Bad Idea MS - Aug 28, 2006 08:19

Do you ever state a real opinion other than just bashing Microsoft? Do you think Sony will be any different? The answer is no. If it works Sony will jump on board after catching the scent of money, after all Sony is not against ripping off ideas (Controller motion sensing, unified online structure, 2 SKU' s at launch).

I dont like this idea at all, but it seems that it really wont be as bad as most of you are making it out to be. If there is an ingame monetary system that means that you could get the money the old fashioned game way, while this seems like the alternative for people without the time to invest in a game but still want to beat it. Seems to go hand in hand with expanding to the casual audience.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message