Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 All next-gen consoles suck!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 13, 2007 20:21
(so far anyway)
People keep attacking each console for their problems so I' ve realised that they all suck

Here' s why:

The 360: [:' (]
Breaks, has a too small HDD, scratches disks, sounds like an airplane, has been out for a long time but hasn' t managed to gather many exclusive AAA titles, Live Gold Fee etc.

The Wii: [:' (]
Has no games, graphics are worse than what should be allowed, Wii-mote controll is still questionable, bad wrist-wraps, crappy online, no good 3rd party support in sight, etc.

The PS3: [:' (]
Insane price, fewer exclusives than expected, they kept the crappy DualShock design, apparently some programming problems (UE3 and some ports that look like crap), developers are holding titles back due to weak sales, etc.

The portables suck too:

The DS: [:' (]
Dual screens and touch-screen is just a gimmick, games are kiddie, graphics suck, old version is clunky and Lite version has hinge problems, Friends codes, sucks at media capabilities, weak 3rd party ideas, no PS3 connectivity (it' s a fact, look it up, google it or something), etc.

The PSP: [:' (]
No second analogstick, the analog-stick that it does have isn' t any good, worst d-pad ever made, short battery-time, screen gets scratched, speakers are pointing down, occassional loooooong loading times, expected PS2-type titles took some time to show up, no Wii connectivity (it' s a fact, look it up, google it or something), etc.

PC' s:
Have few good games, not as simple as one would like them to be, keyboard/mouse setup really sucks except for FPS and RTS,

So, let' s get this over with. Let' s say it once and for all. The truth, if you can handle it:

Every single current console, portable or for the home, SUCKS!
SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!
There, no one feels left out, every fanboy is happy, and everything sucks! This is great!

[:' (]
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 13, 2007 20:24

I CONCUR

SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 13, 2007 20:37
Great post!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 13, 2007 21:10
Then go back to the old gen and stfu biatch.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 13, 2007 22:23
I think that this gen is actually one of the best ever, especially when i look at the games that are/will be available for the x360 and PS3 in particular...

....PC gaming is something which in my opinion is being replaced by increasingly more powerful and comprehensive consoles, whilst handheld gaming (and nintendo) remain relatively strong in their own niche...

Last gen sucked incredibly if you ask me....

• PS2:- despite having some great titles at the end of it' s life, the majority of games during the last 7 years have been noticeably underpowered and over-hyped..

• Gamecube:- simply too few notable games released

• xbox:- cut down before it really got anywhere by Billy' s greed to get one over Sony (aka x360)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 13, 2007 23:34
Rise of the PC!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 00:58
Hehe, the PC bit didnt get a [:' (] ginj! I feel so left out!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 01:32
Pc isnt going anywhere. every new generation people say that it going now that consoles are ' so powerful' but guess what, pc' s are already ahead of consoles. Only in Techinical terms. But then you got fools like Carmack who say that the pc games will dominate. That clearly explains why in every games store the pc has the largest games section.

Pc is in a set position, and it isnt going anywhere. Maybe console' s are borrowing some features like online play and system patchs, but untill I cant run Super Mario Bros becuase of DirectX errors, I' ll never considered pc gaming anything then it already is.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 01:58
Right, PCs are mostly in a different market. If consoles kept borrowing more features from PCs then they' d just be PCs in a nice looking box. That' ll never happen of course, ' cause consoles have to remain simple and accessible and most importantly fun.

That' s pretty much the opposite to PCs, which is why PCs will always be sort of niche...... and therefore SUCK!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 13 Apr 07 18:03:57 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 02:28
Ha.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 13 Apr 07 18:30:38 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 02:55
I didn' t exactly mean for this to be taken seriously and turned into a serious debate about how this generation is compared to others. I was more or less making fun of everyone' s constant complaints and kinda implying that you can easily say anything sucks. Nothing is perfect. Different tastes, different complaints. Everything sucks, you just have to find the right person
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Apr 07 19:06:41 >
Silentbomber

RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 04:26
I got my dreamcast today, and finally getting into Shenmue 2. So yeah, I would love this if it where next gen, but hell, I will enjoy it while it lasts..

Noisey little bugger though. the dreamcast that is.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 06:50
A truly Swedish stand, Ginj.

Great post, truly neutral.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 06:51

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Just goes to show, I think that nothing much has changed, we just all complain / bitch more these days!
SpaceJase

RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 09:02

I got my dreamcast today, and finally getting into Shenmue 2.

Prepare to be left wanting more...
Silentbomber

RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 09:50
Right now I am adjusting to the poor enough Framerate and popup-tacular locals. the controls are a little throwing when you first get it, getting used to it, altough is the game meant to have Jap voices and english subs? I would pick english voices personally, as it makes no differance to me.
SpaceJase

RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 12:56
Yeah, just Jap voices and Eng subs in Shenmue II.

Guess it looks a little more dated than I imagined? Haven' t played in a while.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 14:10

The 360:
Breaks, has a too small HDD, scratches disks, sounds like an airplane, has been out for a long time but hasn' t managed to gather many exclusive AAA titles, Live Gold Fee etc.

Just out of curiosity, when is this gonna die out? Im pretty sure the 360s dieing arent near as bad as they were. When are people gonna let it go and find other reasons to criticize it?
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 22:16
HArdware-wise i had no problems with my 360.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: All next-gen consoles suck! - Apr 14, 2007 23:40

I got my dreamcast today, and finally getting into Shenmue 2. So yeah, I would love this if it where next gen, but hell, I will enjoy it while it lasts..

I don' t want to hear your complaints, yours is 100% roach-free.

How much did you spend on yours out of curiosity?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message