Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 08, 2007 16:47

Raven Down: A Raven Helicopter has gone down in the middle of a large scale battle with the omnipresent Locust Horde. Gears have taken out the Seeder and gamers join Delta Forces moving into the crash site from all angles to search for survivors.

Old Bones: In an attempt to eradicate any traces of human history and culture, the Locust Horde has emerged under Sera' s Capitaline Museums and has begun to destroy them brick by brick. Each gamer' s mission is to help the Delta Force recapture the museums before all remnants of humankind' s existence are obliterated.

Raven Down:

Old Bones:

LINK
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 08, 2007 17:35
Epic FTW. <3
They' ve had tons of free maps for the UT series in the past. It is awesome they still give these for free even though it would be so easy to make huge profits selling them.
Epic is a true game company. They aren' t just out for profits like EA.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 08, 2007 18:27
badly needed
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 08, 2007 20:43
Good news. Even better news that they' re free
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 08, 2007 22:05
That' s why I like EPIC.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:02

Epic is a true game company. They aren' t just out for profits like EA.

This is true in the most sense, and used to always be true. Don' t get me wrong, I love Epic and have always played their games, but lately, Cliff Blezinski lost a lot of respect from me.

When he went on his rant about Xbox360' s being far superior to Ps3' s because the ps3 didnt have enough exclusives yet, and " cost" too much, it just struck me as hypocritical and shortsighted.

This is from a guy who has designed fairly cutting edge games for PC' s for years and is calling out a PS3 for being too expensive? I dont mind spending money on a PC, but its ALWAYS been more expensive to run Epic' s past games on PC' s rather than consoles. And dont say you could just get the console version, because those never came out anywhere near when PC versions did, and they looked like crap.

Also, anyone saying a brand new system isn' t worth supporting because of a lack of exclusives is stupid, the 360 had nothing I wanted when it came out, and for quite a while after, but now it has quite a few games I want, which will lead me to getting one in the following months.

Epic never used to do exclusives, now GoW is solely for the Xbox360, they had to get payed out by Microsoft to do that, which means for me, a step in the wrong direction for one of the biggest gaming companies who have always managed to stay true to the game, and not worry about exclusives or maximizing profits like so many big gaming companies.
Dagashi

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:04
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I still give props to Epic for releasing free maps, especially when most additions to games come at a price, if even a small one on XBL, just by virtue of it being so easy to charge, and customers being very willing to pay.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:11
Some dude told me GoW has sold 2.7 million ex,any true to that?
Dagashi

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:15
Wouldn' t surprise me, GoW is an amazing game, I' ve nearly beat it and I dont even have access to a 360 at my house anymore.
locopuyo

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:34
Actually Epics games have always been very runnable on older machines. The original UT didn' t even require a 3D accelerater, and UT2k4 can be scaled way down to almost run like quake 3. Epic simply spoke the truth about PS3 and sony. Get over it.
Nitro

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:38

Also, anyone saying a brand new system isn' t worth supporting because of a lack of exclusives is stupid, the 360 had nothing I wanted when it came out, and for quite a while after, but now it has quite a few games I want, which will lead me to getting one in the following months.

Epic never used to do exclusives, now GoW is solely for the Xbox360, they had to get payed out by Microsoft to do that, which means for me, a step in the wrong direction for one of the biggest gaming companies who have always managed to stay true to the game, and not worry about exclusives or maximizing profits like so many big gaming companies.

Sony' s past two consoles achieved their massive success' s on the backs of exclusives. That' s why its a huge deal that Microsoft have picked up so many games that at one time were a Playstation only or Playstation first games. You sound like a complete idiot, ...second guessing an industry figure and trying to sound objective. Sony hurt their knee, dropped the ball and Microsoft have come out, picked it up and are running the fuck away with it while Sony limp along trying to catch up.

The cost comment is obviously relative to 360. I mean, what can PS3 do that 360 can' t except play HD movies straight out of the box?! Is it really worth it if you only want to play games and have zero interest in Blu-Ray?! Does it match Xbox 360 pound for pound for value?! No.

Now stop it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:41

Sony hurt their knee, dropped the ball and Microsoft have come out, picked it up and are running the fuck away with it while Sony limp along trying to catch up.

And Nintendo does what? Oh, I see they don' t play ball at all. Instead they go for a swim in their Blue Ocean.
Dagashi

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:49
Stop picking apart tiny parts of my posts.

I don' t give a shit if you can scale down their games to run on an older PC. Then the games look like shit and in an FPS deathmatch game, whats the point in that?

I said dissing a brand new console for lack of exclusives is stupid. If the ps3 was a year old and he was comparing it to the xbox I would understand, but as I said, its stupid to judge a brand new console. If we did that, then the xbox 360 would still be considered a poorly made, unimpressive console with a serious lack of good games. Oh wait, that was a year ago, when it first came out, and now those issues seem to be gone.
Dagashi

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:54

he cost comment is obviously relative to 360. I mean, what can PS3 do that 360 can' t except play HD movies straight out of the box?! Is it really worth it if you only want to play games and have zero interest in Blu-Ray?! Does it match Xbox 360 pound for pound for value?! No.

No, it doesnt. Atm the Xbox is still better value, but to claim that you won' t support a system the way he does is just stupid. They never used to do shit like that, now he pretends to be completely objective, when MS obviously payed him and his company off to keep GoW as an exclusive.

If he mentioned at the end that he had a deal with MS, then I would say ok, thats his opinion. But for a major figure in the industry to stand there and try and choose favorites in an un-biassed way when its obviously in his interest to hype up and support the xbox is just lame.
Nitro

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 02:58

ORIGINAL: Avarice
If the ps3 was a year old and he was comparing it to the xbox I would understand, but as I said, its stupid to judge a brand new console.

It' s a year fucking late arriving. Even KK admitted that he fumbled some exclusive deals because he didn' t have time to talk to the developers and negotiate the deals.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 03:05

I mean, what can PS3 do that 360 can' t except play HD movies straight out of the box?!
If you' ve got proper cables that is.

Even KK admitted that he fumbled some exclusive deals because he didn' t have time to talk to the developers and negotiate the deals
And that' s why he' s sitting in some far off corner of the gaming world twiddling his thumbs & playing um... whatever it is that Kenny K plays nowadays.
locopuyo

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 03:18
Avarice, when you make false posts we are going to correct you, get used to it. You tried to bash Epic games. I' m not going to let that slide a millimeter.
Truth > Lies
Dagashi

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 03:20

Avarice, when you make false posts we are going to correct you, get used to it. You tried to bash Epic games. I' m not going to let that slide a millimeter.
Truth > Lies

False posts? He said this shit for christs sake. You guys are fools if you don' t think its wrong for a person with an interest in a specific console to go and bash other consoles and act objective.
Dagashi

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 03:22
I didn' t bash epic, I talked about Cliff B, because he was the one that said that, nobody else in his company.

I said " This is true in the most sense, and used to always be true. Don' t get me wrong, I love Epic and have always played their games, but lately, Cliff Blezinski lost a lot of respect from me. "

And it is true for the most sense, Epic still does free content, and are supporting PC, Xbox, and PS3 with UT2007, but Cliff is the one guy in it that has started to blatantly favor the xbox over other platforms.
Dagashi

RE: 2 New FREE Gears Maps Coming Jan 11th!!! - Jan 09, 2007 03:24
Tell me why Gears would be Xbox360 only if they didnt get payed to make it that way? EPIC has ALWAYS put their titles on PC, and they dont with this critically acclaimed game?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message