Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I just got Casshern
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
I just got Casshern - Nov 18, 2004 16:33
And its the perfect mix of Live-Action & Anime!!!

The stories a lil hard to figure out since I got the import. But apparently theres a war causing lotsa disease and death. A doctors wife is dieing from one of the sicknesses. In an attempt to save her and humanity he creates a formula that can help but inadvertenly creates a mutant race. The new race is intelligent strong and want to take over. The doctros son then arrives back form the war hwoever hes in a coffin, desparate, the doctr decides to use the syrum on his son to bring him back to life. it works and makes him superhuman. Thus creatign a battle for humanity one son against the mutant army...who came across an ancient military base with robots they fixed...Anime story ya damn right, all in live action.

I probably forgot to mention a bunch of things but I' ll link a trailer later.

--PS: Upon finishing this movie its far more deep then I can explain. Human nature, plot twists, all that good stuff. I suggest finding a way to get a copy of it and watching it.

--PSS: The ending is the most beautiful eye-opening message giving depressing thing I have ever seen...Every you must all check this movie out. Its amazing.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11/18/2004 6:20:54 PM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: I just got Casshern - Nov 18, 2004 21:11
I' ve heard mixed things...someone from another forums posted up how it looked great, just didn' t have that good of a story. Of course, when you watch an anime you don' t always look for the story.
Mass X

RE: I just got Casshern - Nov 18, 2004 21:40
Ya the story is a bit confusing and uneven...then again that often happens during the translation process. But the closer to the ending it gets the better the story gets and the more it forms a meaning. To an ending like my above " PSS" .
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: I just got Casshern - Dec 08, 2004 19:53
Ive seen the trailer when the movie just hit Japanese theaters.

I cant wait till it hits the states.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: I just got Casshern - Dec 08, 2004 20:08
I remember a friend sending me the japanese trailer o this over a year ago, and even though I' m not into anime at all really, I was hooked in an instant. Then for the longest time nothing, but recently I read an aticle saying Cashern had been picked up for distribution in the states (I' ll try find the article if I can) and with the success of Crouching tiger hidden Dragon, and Hero, I have little doubt we' ll see it soon. I' m pumped all over again!
Mass X

RE: I just got Casshern - Dec 08, 2004 21:32
Yes I think dreamworks bought the rights to it. Hopefully they' ll do some good translating otherwsie it might not fair so well in the US.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: I just got Casshern - Dec 10, 2004 07:11
Hopefully it wont turn out to be another Shaolin Soccer that went straight to DVD,or worse Zu Warriors that never came out in the states.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 12/10/2004 7:17:12 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message