Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSP
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
PSP - Sep 02, 2005 01:37
Don' t think there' s a topic of this, you can shoot me if I' m wrong though. So did anyone get one of these lovely devices and if so what game/s did you get with it, what do you think of them and what are your thoughts on the hardware in its entirety? I don' t yet have one namely because I' m saving up as much money as possible for the 360, but I' ll probably be picking one up next year, why oh why did there releases have to be so damn close?
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: PSP - Sep 02, 2005 17:48
Games? Forget that, it' s called ROMS on my PSP. LOL
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: PSP - Sep 03, 2005 02:11

Games? Forget that, it' s called ROMS on my PSP. LOL

LOL, I' m quite the fan of roms myself, they rule!
kombatfighter

RE: PSP - Sep 03, 2005 05:55
What version of the PSP do you have? Of course mine is not a 1.5 or higher. Those Sony punks ruin the fun.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PSP - Sep 03, 2005 06:44
Received mine on January 5th and have loved it ever since. I know a lot of other folks are too busy complaining and whining about theirs over at Gamefaqs to enjoy it but lately I' ve actually been a lot more into PSP gaming than I have been into current-gen console gaming. With the exception of Untold Legends, I like all of the games in my collection.

The hardware is awesome as far as I' m concerned. The one major problem I have with it is the usual " I HATE Sony' s D-pad design" speech I' m always repeating. To me, Sony' s d-pad design just doesn' t feel well-designed for quick reflex/fast action games. Thankfully the analog nub picks up the slack in 2D games that support it.

The other problem is the sound level, I wish the thing was louder, but I can get an external solution for that minor problem. Other than that, it' s a wonderful little gizmo with a big beautiful screen (albeit one that' s easily smudged and scratched) as well as a variety of nice multimedia features.

The movie playing feature kicks a$$!
I love UMD movies, have 12 so far and that collection will continue to grow. I know good and well how to rip and encode DVD movies as MP4 video files and transfer them onto memory stick BUT I choose not to, I find the process to be a waste of time especially when I can get the vastly superior UMD version and not have to constantly swap movies in and out of memory stick.. For stuff not available as UMDs yet or I already own the DVD versions of, I' ll use the MP4-memory stick option of course. But if there' s a UMD version then I' m not wasting my time.

MP3 playback is another nice feature although I' ll rarely ever use it. I have a mini-disc player so I' m all set in the music department, though, once in a while I will use the PSP to quickly audition some audio files before transferring them over to mini-disc....

The JPG viewer is a feature I used once with no plans to bother using again in the future other than to store incriminating photos of people.

The web browser included with Firmware version 2.0 is cool, It' s really slow paced trying to navigate around web-sites with the analog nub and D-pad, and inputting text with the onscreen keypad, but the sites appear nicely on the PSP screen and there are peripherals in the works to help make the web browsing experience less umm, cumbersome.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 3 Sep 05 14:49:17 >
kombatfighter

RE: PSP - Sep 03, 2005 13:39

The JPG viewer is a feature I used once with no plans to bother using again in the future other than to store incriminating photos of people.

Uh huh, I wonder if you have any of Adam? LOL. Yeah, I find that really useless unless it' s a really hot chick. You might find diagrams or pictures of the newest technology that I scan in from Popular Science magazine. I love it when they show the insides of the machine that they have an article about. Anyways, that function is really useless. It' s called a digital camera.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: PSP - Sep 03, 2005 19:44
i got mine in march.i got twisted metal head on with it.right now i have nfl street 2 unleashed,world tour soccer,wipeout pure, and coded arms.i preordered GTA LCS and i all ready payed it in full
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: PSP - Sep 04, 2005 23:43
I have a psp and so far the games are dissapointing but I know this is due to the fact that Sony is terrible at providing development hardware to the devs before a system launch. The great games should start flooding in in about 6 months. And what the hell happened to Gran Torismo mobile?
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: PSP - Sep 05, 2005 00:09
i think its coming out on november

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages