Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Pariah
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
Pariah - Apr 14, 2005 20:41
Once again I have found a new game to drool over, and guess what, the guys that dont have a super PC can still play it on Xbox...YAY. I dont wont to blabber, so i have put links below so you can find out for your self (summary: great graphics, killer multiplayer, havok phys, co-op, xbox live, map maker, trading maps on xbox live, oh, and bots for multiyplayer if u dont have live)

http://pc.gamerfeed.com/gf/previews/315/

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/pariah/screens.aspx?page=59

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=897

yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Pariah - Apr 14, 2005 21:28
One of the cool things about this game (and there are many) for me is the ability to upgrade your weapons for multiplayer via the single player. That actually gives me a reason to play through the single player. This agme has a big chance to be a success, I just hope they' ve executed in every aspect of the game.
Fragus_Maximus

RE: Pariah - Apr 15, 2005 22:50
They finaly released the MP demo for PC. so I downloaded it, and played. ALOT OF FREAKIN FUN!!! The vehiculs are pefectly designed the map layouts are good and the 3 modes that come with the demo are a blast. Im adding this game to my MUST-HAVE list.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Pariah - Apr 19, 2005 13:25
I jsut got the DEMO of this game in my OXM.THis game is freaking awesome.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Pariah - Apr 19, 2005 16:05
i saw the name pariah and all i could think of was to mock a killingbird
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Pariah - Apr 20, 2005 06:56

to mock a killingbird

Ahhhh, my favorite crappy album by late 80' s heavy metal rock band Pariah. I' m surprised to see so many people getting excited about it here.
ClayBoy22

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Pariah - Apr 25, 2005 11:29
Pariah:: Halo Wannabe
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Pariah - Apr 25, 2005 12:02
I just got the demo and it ROCKS!
yoshimitsu15

RE: Pariah - Apr 25, 2005 17:34
In all honesty, Halo 2 is not as good as the original. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that is not a little bit disappointed with Bungie' s last effort. They just released some new maps (two of which are $5.99), and a new " patch" which did absolutely nothing. Sure they fixed some glitches, but it took them almost 3 months to do it. Pariah' s free maps makes NOT picking it up a hard decision.
Willco

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Pariah - Apr 26, 2005 05:20
I prefer Halo 2 over Halo. I really don' t know how it could disappoint unless your expectations were that it would be THE GREATEST GAME EVER. FOR REAL. FOREVER. NO MORE GAMES AFTER THIS BECAUSE THIS IS IT!

And as someone that' s worked around games for awhile, anytime you or fanboys take that attitude in regards to any release, you' re bound to get disappointment. I' ve seen it time and time again. Probably the worst I' ve seen it was when Perfect Dark was released. With Metal Gear Solid 2 a close runner-up.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Pariah - Apr 26, 2005 09:23
I' m more of a Halo 1 fan than 2 personally.

Pariah is my next game for sure after Area 51...which I' m going to pick up in a few hours. but seriously...ive been waiting for area 51 and pariah since i heard about both of them. cant wait.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Pariah - Apr 26, 2005 16:08

I prefer Halo 2 over Halo. I really don' t know how it could disappoint unless your expectations were that it would be THE GREATEST GAME EVER. FOR REAL. FOREVER. NO MORE GAMES AFTER THIS BECAUSE THIS IS IT!

Do you have Xbox Live?
Fragus_Maximus

RE: Pariah - Apr 26, 2005 20:47
GAH!!!! OFF TOPIC!!!
Willco

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Pariah - Apr 27, 2005 04:40

Do you have Xbox Live?

Used to.

GAH!!!! OFF TOPIC!!!

Uh, Pariah rules?
< Message edited by Willco -- 27 Apr 05 12:40:48 >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Pariah - May 31, 2005 07:01
What a disappointing game! The fighting becomes repetitive so fast. The graphics are blocky, for lack of a better word -- mainly the outdoor environments. The vehicles could have been a great part of the game, but their use is short-lived and the firing system on them is poor. I found myself jumping off the vehicles and using my main weapons to get rid of the baddies. As for the AI - stupid! They shoot and run. If they' re not running (rarely duck for cover), they stand there until you shoot them. Even if you miss, they just stand there and stand there and....you get my point. You do get a good selection of upgradeable weapons, which I found easy to switch back and forth with. As for the story, well it could have been better. I found the cutscenes just kind of " sprung" out at you.

Anyways, just my opinion.

*I haven' t tried the multi-player yet*
< Message edited by Sharon -- 31 May 05 15:07:04 >
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Pariah - May 31, 2005 07:33
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Pariah - May 31, 2005 13:35
lame...i haven' t read one positive review yet. sucks bc i was looking forward to this game for a long time.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll