Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney?
Change Page: 12345678910 > | Showing page 1 of 10, messages 1 to 20 of 184
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 19, 2004 19:18
Any of you into politics? i dont know why i can' t post polls, so i would just ask if u vote for Kerry or Bush in words.

Bush for me, i' ll give reasons later
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 20, 2004 01:46
I' m not allowed to vote while in the states, but if I could I would vote for Dr.Who
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 20, 2004 03:03
I' m voting for Dukakis.

I' ll give reasons later
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 20, 2004 04:16
I' m voting for the Daleks.
Alley_Hater

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 20, 2004 20:13
geez, i forgot a lot of u guys aren' t in the united states, anyways go Buush!!!
Vysehrahd

• Total Posts : 46
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 22, 2004 20:29
dubya
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 22, 2004 23:13
Personally...I don' t care for either of the canidates. There' s really not been a strong canidate for the Democrat party in awhile, and I' d much rather see a conservative Democrat in office anyways (fat chance of that though). And as for Bush...well, he' s Bush. I' d probably vote with the independents, but Nader has no bidness in the White House. All in all I' m probably going to vote Kerry, just to see what 4 years of running with the UN will bring.
Alley_Hater

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 22, 2004 23:32
Kerry' s got a bad history though. Missed tons of votes, and part of the reason US lost to Vietnam. He regularly changes his mind over matters, plus, he' s a Catholic and might connect with Vatican.
Joe Redifer

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 23, 2004 01:53
I don' t think I could vote for someone who is against stem cell research because of religious reasons. Stem cell has the chance to cure many diseases, and it' s not like people are having abortions just to donate " material" to stem cell research. It' s just making a bad thing a little better.

Also I don' t think I could vote for someone who claims God speaks through them. Is George Bush the next Jesus or something? Seems to think he is.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 7/23/2004 1:54:01 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 23, 2004 03:53
Forget George Bush, we got the wrong Bush in office anyway. We should have had Stan Bush in office.

Imagine every State of the Union address starting off with him singing " You' ve got the touch, you' ve got the powerrrrrrrr!"
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 7/23/2004 3:54:10 AM >
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 27, 2004 20:46
I' ve been carefully paying attention...esp now with the dem nat' l convention going....and thru all the coverage ive been watching, mostly Fox news which is my fav, ive been disappointed with the dems. they are jsut flat out going thru talking points...or so it seems. i hope to see something different come out of today and tomorrow at the convention, but we' ll see.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 27, 2004 22:23

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

I don' t think I could vote for someone who is against stem cell research because of religious reasons. Stem cell has the chance to cure many diseases, and it' s not like people are having abortions just to donate " material" to stem cell research. It' s just making a bad thing a little better.

Also I don' t think I could vote for someone who claims God speaks through them. Is George Bush the next Jesus or something? Seems to think he is.

you took the words right out of my mouth. I' m in no way against those who have religious beliefs, but when they run a person' s life I can' t trust that person enough to lead an entire country.

How can someone be against us growing specific body parts so the people in need of them don' t spend 8 years dying in anticipation for an organ that they may never receive? Oh wait, God wouldn' t approve of that, right?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 28, 2004 17:38
Well, quite frankly, I don' t want either of these monkies in office. But, seeing as how Nader really has no chance, I will go with Bush.

Reasons:
1. Kerry' s whole campaign is " negative Bush" not " possitive Kerry"
2. Kerry supports abortion. Im sorry but its not a choice, its a child.
3. Kerry frequently changes his mind
4. If Kerry is in office the terrorist attacks wont stop as many people seem to think. I would rather go down fighting with Bush than die backing down with Kerry.
5. Sen. Joseph Liberman supports Kerry. Enough said. How can you like someone who is against artistic expression through movies, music, and videogames.
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 28, 2004 17:46
I am a Kerry man. Actually, I am an a pro-Dem, anyone, but Bush type of guy. Bush just hasn' t done anything positive for the country.

- Economy - down for 3 years.
- Jobs - millions lost and going overseas.
- Pollution - he allows more pollutants to be released in manufacturing (Arsenic specifically)
- Freedoms - the USA Patriot Act, as it is, is an invitation for Big Brother to be Watching
- Foreign Policy - we alienated the rest of the wrong and pulled a solo preemptive strike against a neutered country.
- Taxes - I get an extra $350 back a year - Go Bush!!!

The negative Kerry-isms are overblown.
- A lot of senators blow off votes. We never got comparitive stats about other senators and if you know that a vote is going to go your way, then there is no need to show as many senior senators do.
- The flip-flop is BS. He voted for the war when it was funded with a repeal of some of the tax cuts. And he voted against, when it was all borrowed and took money from Social Security and increased the deficit.
- Both parties are negative the other guy. All republican commercials discuss his voting record and history.
< Message edited by Beef Shala -- 7/28/2004 5:47:33 PM >
immortaldanmx

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 28, 2004 18:02
Im sure you' ve all seen the video on CNN and other channles of her telling the reporter to " shove it" when he questioned her about what she meant by " unAmerican government practices" . She continued and continues to deny saying it, even after the video was shown to the public. Is this the kind of people we need in the White House?

And its nice to know you support killing innocent fetus' but not hardend criminals, Beef Shala.

The basics of Liberal beliefs are based on feelings and emotion (help the poor, dont kill criminals), while the basics of Conservitive beliefs are base on reason (stop people supporting terror, support the economy)

And it is in no way Bush' s fault that we are loosing jobs. If companies can pay a Mexican or Asian Islander worker 10K a year for a 100K a year job in America then they will to raise their own profits.
Beef Shala

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 28, 2004 18:23
immortaldanmx, I agree with you on the outsourcing of jobs to save money. But as a president, if you see companies shipping jobs offshore, you should alter fiscal policy to remedy that. If you offer subsequent tax breaks for US job creation, that would incentivize companies to bring jobs back. As a matter of fact, he created breaks for US firms offshore operations.

The " shove it" line is overblown. But she did lie about not saying it. And she is the the first lady, not the one in office. Dick Cheney is on tape cursing and his response was that " it made him feel better" . Do we need those people in office?

Liberalism is not based on emotions. It is based on giving those without opportunity a chance to succeed. Conservatism is based on keep those in power in power, keeping those with money with moeny, and letting those blessed without it fend for themselves.

I don' t support killing at all, but sometimes it is neccessary. Conservatives look at everything so cut and dry, like life doesn' t matter. A Republican friend of mine tells me that people should stop talking about the deaths in Iraq because we still haven' t lost as much as one day in Vietnam. So smaller number of deaths don' t matter????
immortaldanmx

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 28, 2004 18:29
I never said anything about death in wars. But being a pro-democrat typically means that you support abortion, and if you dont consider that murder and death, I guess thats between you and God. If your not pro-choice, then my apologies, I just get really worked up over people that support abortion, but then cry that the death penalty is inhumane.

As for the Liberalism based on emotions: your in denial. Liberals created public assistance for people too lazy to work, liberals want to send money and food to other starving countries that usually brought it upon themselves, and liberals feel sorry for the woman who has an abortion because she got pregnant when she didnt want to.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 7/28/2004 6:33:33 PM >
Beef Shala

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 28, 2004 19:00
Personally, pro-Choice. It is a tough subject because both sides have really strong stances. Children should have a right to be born, but women should have a right to decide what to do with their bodies. I have gone back and forth on the issue, but you can never really know what you are until you are put in that situation. I have not been and I am thankful for that.

It is funny how Conservatives flip the story. You guys all say that social welfare programs need to be cut and we shouldn' t provide aid, but when you say what was the point of going into Iraq since they had no WMD' s and no terrorist ties you hear this: We liberated an oppressed people, children are in school, women have rights, etc. It is funny how social welfare is excepted by Conservatives when it covers up your mistakes.

Now, I am not saying that I don' t support that, but it is ironic how it is OK now.

If you want to talk about domestic welfare, then Liberals believe in demand side economics. If you make sure that you have an educated, able society, then you will have more families with disposable income to support you economy. Conservatives feel that supply side economics are most important. Give businesses and the rich tax cuts so that they can provide jobs and revenue.

The problem with both points of view is that both sides take advantage of their breaks. The rich don' t use all of the money to create jobs and take more money away with creative accounting and tax shelters. The poor takes advantage of welfare programs. Neither is perfect, but both can work. I just feel that it is more important to prepare the masses to be healthy members of society, you feel the opposite.
Joe Redifer

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 28, 2004 23:45
Bush:
-Wasn' t he the guy who said illegal Mexicans in our country get a free green card to work? I doubt that has anything to do with us losing jobs to cheaper labor, nothing at all. In fact, over 30% more Mexicans are sneaking into the country illegally because of the promise of a free green card to work.

-Opposes stem cell research. I believe I already mentioned that in an earlier post. I guess he opposes " progress" as well.

-Says that God speaks through him. Someone who is so blinded by religion should not be president of anything.

Kerry:
-Yes, his wife is ugly, but we are not electing her. Kerry and his wife are NOT the same person. Damn she is ugly, though. Botched plastic surgery, it looks like.

-Who says he will back down to terrorists? Bush' s negative ads are giving you the wrong idea.

-Would you rather have a first lady who says " Shove it" or a Vice President saying " F*ck off!" Which is less professional, the slightly abrasive insult or the outright profanity? Who is held to higher esteem, the first lady or the Vice President? Kerry' s ugly wife' s comment is a non-issue.

Overall:
-It was said somewhere above that democrats speak with emotion. Isn' t being against abortion speaking with emotion as well?

-I am pro-choice, but that doesn' t mean I like or encouage abortions. Ever heard of the phrase " When life hands you lemons, make lemonade" ? Well, that' s exactly what stem cell research is about. It can cure diabetes (which I have), parkinsons, alzheimers and more. Some innocent fetuses die now in order to perfect medicine so that millions more in the future can be saved. It really helps to look at the big picture. Some day there will be no more need for the research to be done the way it MUST be done now. I' d also like to see a way so that women can turn their pregnancy on and off through a simple inexpensive shot (we' re close). That way pregnancies don' t happen unless they are intended. But many religious folks don' t believe in birth control because they are living in the stone ages.
Alley_Hater

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Jul 29, 2004 00:38
Interesting discussions but I still go with Bush. If some of you oppose religion, then you might give it a chance by exploring. There' s enough evidence and miracles out there and you should consider the facts, not ignoring it and label it superstition and human works.

I oppose killing little innocent fetuses. They have a right to live. Kerry really does flip flop on issues, one day he says this, the other day he says that. On the other hand, Bush has strong standings. Ask him on issues and he will give you an answer: SSM? He opposes all the way. Terror? Let' s not let them terrorize anymore... Bush is conservative, but morally conservative, not immorally liberal like Kerry.

Stem cell research? I need to get more into that, I dont know what Bush is saying about it.

Plus, if Bush gets re-elected, Kerry will have a very good chance at being a presidential candidate in the year after Bush.
Change Page: 12345678910 > | Showing page 1 of 10, messages 1 to 20 of 184

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message