Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney?
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 6 of 10, messages 101 to 120 of 184
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 07, 2004 03:47
Why do you keep posting that quote? I didn' t say it. Don' t keep throwing it in MY face. And it has nothing to do with Obi-Wan Kenobi!

As for the drugs comment, do you really think the Bush administration will do a world of good if they get four more years? I don' t mean " not bad" or " adequate" . I mean " outstanding" , " big difference between now and four years from now... for the better in every way" . If not, then the drugs comment does not apply to you. It' s OK to think you' re guy will do a better job than the other guy, but it would be ridiculous to think that one party will make a world of difference.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 9/7/2004 3:50:12 AM >
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 07, 2004 04:14
Lol...Joe, you' re so funny!!! I know you did' nt " say" that quote, nor did I say you " posted" that post. Beef Shala posted it, if you care to read what' s inside of the quote, you would get what he wanted you and other Kikizo forum posters to do. .

Ok, I conclude the drug comment doesn' t apply to me, because I certainly don' t think the Bush and the Kerry administration will do a WORLD of good, but yes, I agree to what you said about " it' s okay to think you' re guy will do a better job than the other guy" .

Are you actually feeling funny or are you posting such things to entertain and/or decrease tension?
< Message edited by Alley_Hater -- 9/6/2004 4:15:29 AM >
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 08, 2004 01:08
Hey, I am not on drugs either. I took a hit, but I didn' t inhale (from my man Bill Clinton).

You are definitely right that neither candidate is perfect, but I think about where I am now and where I was in 2000. I can' t give a guy that has put so many in a worse place than they were 4 years ago back in office. My conscious won' t let me live with that.

Today, Kerry attacked Bush on the war in Iraq. Bush attacked right back, saying Kerry voted for the war once, then twice recently, and today he says the US went to war in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Bush said something like this: " My opponent woke up this morning in yet again a different position." Funny huh?

As for Kerry' s position on the war, who can really be sure? The man is trying to get elected, so what he says is trying to appeal to the masses. I know that he voted for it originally, he voted for extra funds the first go around, he voted for the $87 bil when it was being funded by tax cuts and voted against it when it was funded by a loan from the American people.

So, I think that Bush' s people are overblown when they call him the anti-war candidate. Also, Bush tries to stay on the flip-flopper issue to avoid how bad it is going over there. 14 US service members were killed this weekend to surpass 1000 lost in Iraq, I bet that Bush didn' t bring that up when he talked about Kerry.
Joe Redifer

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 08, 2004 01:20
Alley you should know me well enough by now. I am a smart ass and always crack jokes. When Beef Shala becomes a moderator then I will obey, but I' m sure he meant it as a suggestion so that people don' t start throwing fits.

Edit:
#1: I wish the Bush people would drop the flip flop issue. It is arrogant and ignorant for someone not to adjust their opinions when new information becomes available, which is what Kerry seems to do.

#2: I wish the Kerry people would drop the military service issue. Who cares? What matters is what the two men are NOW, not what they were or weren' t more than 30 years ago.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 9/8/2004 1:23:28 AM >
Alley_Hater

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 09, 2004 05:41
I' m to see more friendly posts here; in part due to Joe...plus Beef, and don' t forget me!

Beef is right about the world being worse than it was 4 years ago, but the reason was that Bush and his administration responded to over 10 years of failed deplomacy with Iraq and the renewed threat of terrorism that occured on September 11, 2001 which killed over 3000 people and planted into people all across the world another age of uncertainty. I say it was a good responce to such an attack. It is not good to not take action, and if it is bad, then the right thing to do is take action, which led to a worser world today.

The man is trying to get elected, so what he says is trying to appeal to the masses
Well, if he flip-flops (sorry, I am not dropping the flip-flop matter yet) just to appeal to the masses at different points, then he doesn' t have a plan, does he? If Kerry says the war on Iraq is the wrong war at the wrong time in the wrong place, then he is definitely what you would call an anti-war candidate. So, my point is..." It is arrogant and ignorant for someone not to adjust their opinions when new information becomes available, which is what Kerry seems to do. " ...Exactly.

I don' t think Bush is trying to avoid how bad it is in Iraq; it would be obvious if not a single word is spoken about the death of over 1000 US troops. Such a matter is covered on the news, covered by Kerry, covered by Kerry supporters, covered by various forms of the media, so it would spread whether or not Bush avoids it. I saw on the news Bush did infact spoke about the deaths.

We do not know if Kerry has changed his attitudes and policies since the Vietnam War. A person' s personality is shaped by events in the past. If he is at some state in the past, then that state is affecting him now, 30 years later. If you dig deep, then I wouldn' t be surprised if you will post Bush' s past on here to reflect what I just commented.

Off topic news: School has started for me. I am now a junior in high school and taking difficult courses, so expect me to post less on Kikizo. Good luck to you all on the path to success!
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 09, 2004 16:39
Good luck with school, Alley. I started back a couple of weeks ago too.

I see where you are coming from on the flip-flop issue, but they all do it. Bush is making an about face on the intelligence czar issue. First, he tried to block the 9/11 Commission from getting information, then, after it took place he wanted to have an intelligence czar with limited oversight, now (due to election pressures) he is embracing the czar idea and giving the role budgetary responsibility. If that is not a flip-flop to appeal to the electing masses, then what is?

I definitely agree that Bush is more committed to his ideas and beliefs, but if those ideas and beliefs are incorrect, where are you? The WMD issue. It took Cheney-Bush so long to come to grips with the fact that they aren' t there when it was painfully obvious that that was the truth of the matter.

The world has changed since 9/11. But to think any president going forward won' t be committed to building up the military and fighting terrorism is unfair. Kerry wouldn' t drop it as an issue. He may just do it differently than Bush.

What pissed me off the most about the way Bush handled it was that there was no change or response to the intelligence community. No one has been fired (Tenet resigned to be with his family), as far as I know, there has not been any restructuring of the intelligence offices, and until the 9/11 Commission forced his hand, Bush hasn' t done anything to reform it.

Clinton actually was trying to get Bin Laden. After the African Embassy bombings, he missed an Al Qaeda meeting by minutes with Tomahawks. He also had plans with Afghan rebels to kidnap Bin Laden and turn him over to the CIA. It is all in the 9/11 Commission.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 09, 2004 17:03
Bush has done nothing to get this country back on track...and the Iraq War is a mess that shouldn' t have happened, because Bush lied about his true reasons for entering Iraq - oil and to save Daddy Bush' s reputation (since he failed to finish things off the first time around).

Kerry shows no signs of being any better...not because of the flip-flopping, but because he shows no sign of having a backbone or any real idea of what it will take to run this country. He' s a " Yes" man...and we, as a country, need more than that...

This Presidential race is the biggest joke the world' s ever seen...America has become weak by electing Bush (actually, he cheated) the first time and will become even weaker if he is re-elected or if Kerry is elected.

There is no easy-fix for this one folks...

With that said...vote your conscience...
Joe Redifer

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 10, 2004 16:11
So Alley, should someone never, ever change their views on an issue no matter what?
toxicavenger

• Total Posts : 92
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 10, 2004 17:04
i would vote for bush if i wanted to be sent to iraq to fight some war i care nothing about. are we fighting alquida? no. i havn' t heard anything on osam bin laden ever since a month before SHOCK AND AWE. i hate the state of america, and plan on moving to amsterdam, but i would vote for KAREY!
< Message edited by toxicavenger -- 9/10/2004 5:05:43 PM >
Alley_Hater

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 11, 2004 03:25

So Alley, should someone never, ever change their views on an issue no matter what?

No, a person has the right to change views on an issue at any moment. A presidential candidate' s alternating views is one of the big things in the spotlight. Since we are debating political, presidential issues, what is shown in the spotlight is up for comments. So, a person like me following campaigns concentrating and criticizing flip-flops is normal. If a normal person flip flops, I wouldn' t notice, but someone like Kerry flip-flopping, that' s a different problem. In a presidential race, I would choose the one with the straightest path, not a meandering one.

Yes, toxicavenger, America is changing rapidly, in a negative direction. Immoral issues are on the rise, more violent, more sex...heck, a kid in America thinks and act more pervertedly, lustily, violently, and with inappropriate language.
Joe Redifer

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 11, 2004 08:03
For me I suppose it would matter more what he was meandering about. I don' t think Bush is all that great, but I do think that he will win. This time for reals. Kerry just seems too sleazy. I sure wish the democrats could have come up with a better candidate. I guess right now you could say I' m one of those " on da fence" voters. I just can' t make up my mind of which way I want the country to suck for the next four years.
Alley_Hater

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 11, 2004 18:19
Hehe...you want the country to suck meandering all over the place or in one way?
If you don' t know which way you want the country to suck the next four years, then you have the alternative to vote for Nader. Of course, then you' d be hurting Kerry and helping Bush, and if you think Kerry is too sleazy, then you' d be crying voting for him. Hard decision or NO decision at all :)

I guess the upcoming debate would determine it all.

I don' t think Bush is all that great, but I do think that he will win.

Are you really sure about that? Is it because of what the polls show? Don' t forget about the electoral college. Bush holding the majority of votes does not directly relate to the electoral colleges he' ll earn. I don' t know how much electoral points are in each state. So, example, if Bush beats Kerry 80%-20% in Minnesota and Minnesota has 20 points, then Bush gets 20 points; Kerry beats Bush 60%-50% in Kansas and Kansas has 25 points, then Kerry gets 25 points. So, with those two states, Kerry would beat Bush in the electoral college 25-20, even though Bush has the majority of voters 130% (80 in Minnesota and 50 in Kansas) and Kerry only has 70%.

Joe Redifer

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 11, 2004 20:29
It' s just a premonition which means absolutely nothing. I just feel that he will win right now. A few months back I felt Kerry would win. Of course we won' t see who wins until the real election day.

And I hate the electoral college. Always have.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 9/11/2004 8:31:04 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 11, 2004 21:09
OR maybe they should revise the constitution, the laws and put Clinton back in office :)
Joe Redifer

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 11, 2004 21:23
Why not Gilbert Gottfreid instead? Or maybe Mr. Bean. Or perhaps the entire company of Enron can be president.
Terry Bogard

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 11, 2004 21:31
Clinton has lots of experience and despite his controversial escapades with that that hussy, he remained quite popular and well liked by many. :)

John F. Kennedy would have made another great choice but I' d need a time machine! hehe
Alley_Hater

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 12, 2004 02:56
Who is Gilbert Gottfreid?
If Mr. Bean and Enron can be president, I don' t see why I can' t be president. About Clinton, what ever happened to the Monica Lewinski scandal? Did he or did he not? And what became of Monica?
Terry Bogard

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 12, 2004 04:40

And what became of Monica?

Street corner of Harlem and 124th street.. Check it out. :)
Joe Redifer

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 12, 2004 06:06
Oh he most definitely did. He' s a guy with natural urges but no restraint. He admitted it and he almost got kicked out of office for lying about it, remember? Now Monica is charging $1 million per interview. Clinton gets more than that for a speech though. He is very popular and really knows how to speak publicly. I wish I had his speaking skillz. Rumors of Hillary running in the next 4 years (if Bush wins) or 8 years (if Kerry wins) are intersting.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 9/12/2004 6:06:29 AM >
Alley_Hater

RE: Kerry-Edwards or Bush-Cheney? - Sep 13, 2004 05:07
Haha...I' m suprised the Clinton-Lewinski problem died down...I thought something this interesting would keep going on for years and years. Monica charges $1 million per interview? That' s a ridiculous amount for an interview...If Clinton admitted, then what questions would interviewers have? Maybe something like " how was the pleasure with Clinton in that room?" Yea...Clinton is popular and well liked, but if Hillary goes on for presidency, I don' t think she' ll be popular. From what I' ve seen, she is too liberal, and a liberal face too.

Street corner of Harlem and 124th street.. Check it out. :)

Is that the place she hangs or the place where she lives?

He' s a guy with natural urges but no restraint.

Whoa! How do YOU know Joe?
< Message edited by Alley_Hater -- 9/12/2004 5:08:44 AM >
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 6 of 10, messages 101 to 120 of 184

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message